Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
Reload this Page >

HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

Old 11-20-2012, 09:33 PM
Edmund2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

She is a beauty. Enjoy her as mine now 26 years old only brought joy to my life and still do so.

Edmund
Old 11-21-2012, 01:43 AM
ingleburn

ORIGINAL: ahamay

ORIGINAL: Edmund2
Jonesy, we will forgive you if you post a pic of that new baby here. I mean the one born not bought
Edmund
1 day old pic. Labour was only 3 hours total so it was a very fast birth....caught everyone by surprise. She had swolen cheeks for the first 3 days becuase of this apparently.

Very cute. I can read her mind. Shes saying " Im only a day old and dads already anoying me with his blood y helicopters."
Dont go around bragging about a 3 hour labour. You will have a million women hating the wife.

Just saw that Model flight are discounting there MQX's www.modelflight.com.au/products/Blade_mQX_Quadcopter_RTF_Mode_2-10045-60.html
Maybe a V2 is on the way? And no I wont be buying one. Thanks to you and Rob I now have a Nano on the way.

Old 11-21-2012, 05:25 AM
rikybob

Lovely, cute baby Jonesy!

Sleeps dang near through the night and a short labor too!

There will be yet another in the offing!

Thanx for sharing the wonderful picture!

b
Old 11-21-2012, 09:44 PM
Flying Fiz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi All,

I've sold my 130X and dropped into a hobby shop today and picked up a Nano CPX. Good God it's small, I can see this little criter getting me back into my heli's some more. I think I may be able to fly it inside and drive the wife and kids nuts!  FUN!  I was not game enough to try inverted practice with the 130X, too easy to damage. But this is another story.

Any tips from you owners?? What spares should I stock up on?

Best to everyone

Phil
Old 11-22-2012, 12:31 AM
ingleburn

ORIGINAL: Flying Fiz

Hi All,

I've sold my 130X and dropped into a hobby shop today and picked up a Nano CPX. Good God it's small, I can see this little criter getting me back into my heli's some more. I think I may be able to fly it inside and drive the wife and kids nuts! FUN! I was not game enough to try inverted practice with the 130X, too easy to damage. But this is another story.

Best to everyone

Phil
Mine will be here tomorrow and the only extras I ordered were a set of links and 2 spare batteries. Rob has tried to destroy his without luck but give me a week and Ill tell you what you can break.

Old 11-22-2012, 01:14 AM
ahamay

ORIGINAL: ingleburn
Hi All,
I've sold my 130X and dropped into a hobby shop today and picked up a Nano CPX. Good God it's small, I can see this little criter getting me back into my heli's some more. I think I may be able to fly it inside and drive the wife and kids nuts! FUN! I was not game enough to try inverted practice with the 130X, too easy to damage. But this is another story.
Best to everyone
Phil
Mine will be here tomorrow and the only extras I ordered were a set of links and 2 spare batteries. Rob has tried to destroy his without luck but give me a week and Ill tell you what you can break.
The nano is a lot more robust than the mcpx. I've got about 100 flights on mine and quite a few crashes. Nothing broken as yet. Ihave however had to straighten the feathering shaft twice which is easy to do.

The nano blades bend right back in the blade grips like the kddb blades on the mcpx and they are also very flexible which helps crash damage Ithink.

Ilove mine, Ithink they are awesome.

Old 11-22-2012, 01:28 AM
Kozzy_98

Hehe. Glad your enjoying your nanos!

Hopefully this Christmas the parents will let me place an order from HK. Im thinking blades, feathering shafts and main shafts, mabye some servos and ESCs too!

I think what I really need though is just for someone to help me with the heads. Every turn that I make on one link completely unbalances the other and makes me give up I guess!

Ill probably try again this weekend with the beast helicopter and Ill see how that goes.

Congratulations  Phil on your recent splash of cash on the helicopter! Hope you enjoy it!

Old 11-22-2012, 03:45 AM
rikybob

Happy Thanksgiving to all my American Friends (and you folks overseas for that matter)!!!

Brian
Old 11-22-2012, 10:25 PM
ingleburn

Hi All,
Best to everyone
Phil
The nano is a lot more robust than the mcpx. I've got about 100 flights on mine and quite a few crashes. Nothing broken as yet. Ihave however had to straighten the feathering shaft twice which is easy to do.

The nano blades bend right back in the blade grips like the kddb blades on the mcpx and they are also very flexible which helps crash damage Ithink.

Ilove mine, Ithink they are awesome.

Just got home and mine was waiting. Had a couple of flights already and a couple of crashes.
Its pretty nimble thats for sure. I thought it would have the same connectors on the batteries as the MCPX but it doesnt.
Going to get sick of charging them one at a time but found this at Jeejays and wondering if it is for these batteries.http://www.zeejayhobbies.com.au/batt...prod_6663.html
Ok another battery is charged so off for another go.

Old 11-22-2012, 11:50 PM
ingleburn

Hahaha 5th flight and I split the tail boom. Told you I know how to break anything.
Old 11-23-2012, 02:03 AM
ahamay

Hahaha 5th flight and I split the tail boom. Told you I know how to break anything.
Man your tough on your helis

I got the hobbyking 6 split cable but I think any of them with the eflite ultra micro will do the trick.

You can get two charging by using your mcpx charger. There should be an adpater on the charge lead. Take that off and it's got the ultra micro connector. Change your mcpx charger to do .3 or .4amps max though not .7 when you charge them.

Jonesy

Old 11-23-2012, 10:36 AM
ingleburn

I got the hobbyking 6 split cable but I think any of them with the eflite ultra micro will do the trick.

You can get two charging by using your mcpx charger. There should be an adpater on the charge lead. Take that off and it's got the ultra micro connector. Change your mcpx charger to do .3 or .4amps max though not .7 when you charge them.

Jonesy

Thanks Jonesy, I forgot about that. Got a couple of chargers so that will get me out of trouble till I order the 6 way one.
In all fairness a crash didnt break the boom. Tried inverted and it got stuck in a tree. Shaking it out with a pool pole broke it.
It takes a lot less pitch to fly inverted. Gave it the same as the MCPX and it took off for the sky.

Hows fatherhood treating you?

Old 11-23-2012, 12:47 PM
ahamay

Jonesy
Hows fatherhood treating you?
Fatherhood is great so far. She's been really good with her feeding and sleeping, apart from a bit of wind some nights. Everyone said that you have to watch out you don't just sit there and stare at her all the time...they were right

Old 11-23-2012, 01:49 PM
mnemennth

AWWWWWWW!

So adorable! *Wibble*

mnem
*Card-carrying sucker*
Old 11-23-2012, 08:02 PM
ingleburn

Fatherhood is great so far. She's been really good with her feeding and sleeping, apart from a bit of wind some nights. Everyone said that you have to watch out you don't just sit there and stare at her all the time...they were right

Yeah the joy of building your first heli is nothing compared to watching that tiny baby you created.
Then they hit 2 and you sometimes wish you just built another heli.
I know I used to watch mine and wonder how I created something so beautiful.

Old 11-24-2012, 04:25 AM
ahamay

Nano Update...

After approx 120 flights my nano motor I think is on the way out. I'm only getting about 70% headspeed now. Did a bit of reading on HF forums and it seems the little motors in the nano's are a weak point. Some are going through them with bugger all flights. Sounds like I've been lucky to get the amount of flights on mine. I've flown it pretty hard most of the time though.

Nobody has stock of these motors yet so Ican't prove the theory just yet.

Jonesy

Old 11-24-2012, 01:08 PM
ingleburn

Nano Update...

After approx 120 flights my nano motor I think is on the way out. I'm only getting about 70% headspeed now. Did a bit of reading on HF forums and it seems the little motors in the nano's are a weak point. Some are going through them with bugger all flights. Sounds like I've been lucky to get the amount of flights on mine. I've flown it pretty hard most of the time though.

Nobody has stock of these motors yet so Ican't prove the theory just yet.

Jonesy

Bummer about that. Found a place that still have stock I think
www.hallamhobbies.com.au/index.php

Edit. Just found another one but they want $17

*********.com.au/store/product_info.php

Old 11-24-2012, 01:29 PM
ingleburn

Well yesterday my 450 caused its first injury.
Went to a mates house and took the 450 as his brother flies helis in the Navy and wanted to see it.
As I was getting it out of the car I had a swarm of kids around me looking and when I said that they had to stay in the verandah while I flew it they all took off to get the best spot.
Well one of them slipped and cut his leg on a tile and spent the next few hours in hospital getting stitched up.
Guess his dad wished I left it at home.

Old 11-25-2012, 10:50 PM
mnemennth

Heads-UP!

HK-550GT $110 on Cyber-Monday sale at Hobby King:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...utm_source=EDM

I know it's only $12 off their regular price & only at the Global warehouse; but hey, beats a sharp stick in the eye!

mnem
"I'd buy that for a dollar."
Old 11-28-2012, 01:56 AM
ingleburn

Doesnt seem to be to much going on at the moment.
Ive been spending some time with the MCPX and the Nano practising inverted but havent had the 450's out because of lack of time and bad weather.
I see Simon has got his 450 inverted.but what about everone else? Anyone doing any flying.
Old 11-28-2012, 03:08 AM
Kozzy_98

Just noticed on Hobbyking the HK-500CMT for $86 rather than the $100 that they previously asked for!

Haven't had any time to do the head setup just yet. Hopefully I will get that done by the Christmas holidays.
Old 11-28-2012, 03:31 AM
Edmund2

Nope no flying time here as it is tree bending time around here. Very funny weather conditions with almost daily massive hailstorms and flooding. Golf ball size and bigeer on many occasions. Really getting withdrawl symptoms.

Edmund

Old 11-30-2012, 02:47 AM
ahamay

ok... Ihave an excuse for not much flying...what's everybody elses story ?

Have 2 new nano motors on the way next week which will replace the failing one. Thanks ingleburn, seems they are in high demand as they are very hard to get.

In other news, it looks like blade are about the venture into a 600 or 700 size heli in the coming weeks...could even be a 550 size and in kit form most likely. There's a bit of a teaser countdown on their website -> http://www.bladehelis.com/newera/

First day of summer here tomorrow but the heat has come early with 35 degrees here today. We have a seabreeze which helps keep things bearable.

Congrats to Simon for braving some inverted on the 450 and bringing it home safely.

Hope everyone is getting some flying in.

Jonesy

Old 11-30-2012, 02:26 PM
Ddaddy

Flying? I wish!

Did a headspped on that audio, I get 1800 rpm so that would sugest 700 to me. Sounds higher than that though. I'll give Eflite the win when it comes to providing service and getting improved products to customers.

Merry Christmas,
Ken
Old 11-30-2012, 03:49 PM
hugj
My Feedback: (7)

Yep It has been awihle! I did get to fly last weekend, took my hog bype plank out and the trex 500. The 500 had a weird elevater response going
on I think it's either a servo or the horns replaced the horns will give it a whirl this weekend and report.
 As for the beautiful hog bipe I built from a box of balsa, It is no more[:@] Had a mechanical failere on the last flight on final no aleron input, throttle went up did a reverse snap roll and hit mother earth hard!!!!!!! [:-] So you build them, fly them and crash!
On the bright side the wifie agreed to get me a new plane for xmas. the great planes waco 120 I have always wanted!
Putting a ys 120 super charged 4 stroke in her. I'll try to post a link so you can see if you want.
  Have a great weekend
   Hugh

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.