T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

Reply
Old 12-03-2012, 10:16 PM
  #851
ahamay
Thread Starter
 
ahamay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Gold Coast, AUSTRALIA
Posts: 1,140
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III


Quote:
ORIGINAL: ingleburn


Quote:
ORIGINAL: BarbieDoll

ok...its been a few months, thought i would check in with the crowd that does not believe a heli will fly - take off- in a 90 angel. lol you all have this figured out yet ? or do you still believe that one must drift left or rignt upon take off ? rickybob i see you are now doing flips and inverts. congrads. and you thougnt your skills would never progress. bahhhhhhh. your doing great........im working on my tic tocs now. still needs work. i keep gaining altitude...p.s you guys will progress alot faster if you leave the hk stuff alone.
So thats why you have been so quiet Brian. Learning flips and inverted and not telling us. Shame on you.
In between playing with his Neesan



ahamay is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 10:18 PM
  #852
Edmund2
 
Edmund2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: PretoriaGauteng, SOUTH AFRICA
Posts: 708
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III


Quote:
ORIGINAL: Kozzy_98

Regarding the cricket, I actually quite enjoy playing and watching it!
South Africa really showed us who's boss in the last game, Australia was absolutely thrashed..



What an honest man you are. Have not played the game in 42 odd years but do watch it very often particularly the 50 overs and 20/20 games. Now I arrived home early yesterday afternoon and hauled the mcpx out of it's resting place, dusted the DX6i and took a tour around the lounge. Had a few near misses but it eventually crashed into the TREX550 perched ontop of the TV cabinet. Picked it up, popped in another lipo and then flew it a bit more responsible. My fingers do get rusted not lfying as often as I should. Got a Belt CP out of the box and then practised vertical lifts inside the house when the missus arrived and advised about the damage it can cause to the furniture and whatever else. (Yes I do keep a charged lipo or two handy)

Enjoyed it and can not wait for the weekend to see if some slightly more advanced finger memory will return.

Edmund
Edmund2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 01:28 AM
  #853
sgbfly
 
sgbfly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Worksop Nottinghamshire, UNITED KINGDOM
Posts: 1,947
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III


Quote:
ORIGINAL: BarbieDoll

ok...its been a few months, thought i would check in with the crowd that does not believe a heli will fly - take off- in a 90 angel. lol you all have this figured out yet ? or do you still believe that one must drift left or rignt upon take off ? rickybob i see you are now doing flips and inverts. congrads. and you thougnt your skills would never progress. bahhhhhhh. your doing great........im working on my tic tocs now. still needs work. i keep gaining altitude...p.s you guys will progress alot faster if you leave the hk stuff alone.
For any newbie interested in why their trex helicopter drifts left slightly on take off or leans slightly in hover please read the following as Jen is mistaken.

http://www.rcheliwiki.com/Translating_tendency

hth

Simon


sgbfly is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 02:50 AM
  #854
ingleburn
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ingleburn, AUSTRALIA
Posts: 1,558
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III


Quote:
ORIGINAL: sgbfly


Quote:
ORIGINAL: BarbieDoll

ok...its been a few months, thought i would check in with the crowd that does not believe a heli will fly - take off- in a 90 angel. lol you all have this figured out yet ? or do you still believe that one must drift left or rignt upon take off ? rickybob i see you are now doing flips and inverts. congrads. and you thougnt your skills would never progress. bahhhhhhh. your doing great........im working on my tic tocs now. still needs work. i keep gaining altitude...p.s you guys will progress alot faster if you leave the hk stuff alone.
For any newbie interested in why their trex helicopter drifts left slightly on take off or leans slightly in hover please read the following as Jen is mistaken.

http://www.rcheliwiki.com/Translating_tendency

hth

Simon


And as Im yet to see an actual video of her flying Im sure she treats her helis like Barbi dolls. Makes them all pretty and sits them on a shelf.

ingleburn is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 03:15 AM
  #855
ahamay
Thread Starter
 
ahamay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Gold Coast, AUSTRALIA
Posts: 1,140
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III


Quote:
ORIGINAL: ingleburn


Quote:
ORIGINAL: sgbfly


Quote:
ORIGINAL: BarbieDoll

ok...its been a few months, thought i would check in with the crowd that does not believe a heli will fly - take off- in a 90 angel. lol you all have this figured out yet ? or do you still believe that one must drift left or rignt upon take off ? rickybob i see you are now doing flips and inverts. congrads. and you thougnt your skills would never progress. bahhhhhhh. your doing great........im working on my tic tocs now. still needs work. i keep gaining altitude...p.s you guys will progress alot faster if you leave the hk stuff alone.
For any newbie interested in why their trex helicopter drifts left slightly on take off or leans slightly in hover please read the following as Jen is mistaken.

http://www.rcheliwiki.com/Translating_tendency

hth

Simon

And as Im yet to see an actual video of her flying Im sure she treats her helis like Barbi dolls. Makes them all pretty and sits them on a shelf.
Reminds me of this :





ahamay is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 12:24 PM
  #856
ahamay
Thread Starter
 
ahamay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Gold Coast, AUSTRALIA
Posts: 1,140
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III


Quote:
ORIGINAL: ingleburn
Something is going on at ZeeJays. www.zeejayhobbies.com.au/
Lucky that Ive found a few other places to buy parts from. There service has always been great so hope there back soon.
The zeejay thing is all a bit wierd. Good news is the latest post is: We are happy to announce that ZeeJay Hobbies will re-open for business on Saturday the 8th of December. http://www.zeejayhobbies.com.au/index.php[/b]

ahamay is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:48 PM
  #857
Kozzy_98
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: SydneyNew South Wales, AUSTRALIA
Posts: 290
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

Just a quick little update from me...

Maidened the quadcopter for its first proper hover in my living room! Hopefully I will be getting a $40 #16 Keychain camera from ebay for Christmas so I will hopefully be able to post a video of it.

I had to reverse the yaw gyro as whenever I tried to take off it would roll quite a bit.

Suprisingly, it is amazingly stable, but just like a helicopter you need to make small corrections to keep it in a stable hover.

All I need to do now is to balance the motors to keep the vibrations down to a minimum.
Kozzy_98 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:49 PM
  #858
ingleburn
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ingleburn, AUSTRALIA
Posts: 1,558
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III


Quote:
ORIGINAL: ahamay


Quote:
ORIGINAL: ingleburn
Something is going on at ZeeJays. www.zeejayhobbies.com.au/
Lucky that Ive found a few other places to buy parts from. There service has always been great so hope there back soon.
The zeejay thing is all a bit wierd. Good news is the latest post is: We are happy to announce that ZeeJay Hobbies will re-open for business on Saturday the 8th of December. http://www.zeejayhobbies.com.au/index.php[/b]

Even weirder is the lastest notice....... Everybody will be happy to know that we have managed to push the open day forward to tomorrow. We apologise for the inconvenience caused, and look forward to doing business with you in the future. The website will be operating again later on today for anybody that would like to make orders online and the shop itself will reopen again at 10am in the morning (6/12/12). All orders made today will be posted out express tomorrow just in time for the weekend.

Zeejay Staff

Dont know what was going on. Maybe bank troubles

ingleburn is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:51 PM
  #859
Edmund2
 
Edmund2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: PretoriaGauteng, SOUTH AFRICA
Posts: 708
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

Brian, how do you like my avatar? On the nose of one I used to fly at 2 Squadron (Cheetas) AFB Waterkloof. Now a littel story, my son and grandaughter visited for a few days last week  for business and they arrived back home yesterday afternoon. First thing my grandson (2) asked him when he got there is where his helicopter is that grandpa sent him. Now I did not send a real one but a little pull rope one, but he expected something a lot better than that, like a real flying one. 

Well the end result was that I had to log onto skype and fly the Mcpx in front of the camera to get him satisfied.  We are getting a bonus visit from them  later this month and I will get as much stick time the crashes would allow to get this little one pleased. His sister however runs away when I start the 550E indicating that she is very scared of it, he just love it

Edmund
Edmund2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:51 PM
  #860
ingleburn
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ingleburn, AUSTRALIA
Posts: 1,558
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III


Quote:
ORIGINAL: Kozzy_98

Just a quick little update from me...

Maidened the quadcopter for its first proper hover in my living room! Hopefully I will be getting a $40 #16 Keychain camera from ebay for Christmas so I will hopefully be able to post a video of it.

I had to reverse the yaw gyro as whenever I tried to take off it would roll quite a bit.

Suprisingly, it is amazingly stable, but just like a helicopter you need to make small corrections to keep it in a stable hover.

All I needto do now is to balance the motors to keep the vibrations down to a minimum.
Whats happening on the heli front?

If you get that keychain camers make sure you check out this thread. Lots of new features coming through at the moment. www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php

ingleburn is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:13 AM
  #861
rikybob
 
rikybob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Zellwood, FL
Posts: 4,400
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

Hi all!

Yah, my flips, rolls and loops along with my inverted are amazing!

Just got tint installed on the Neeson and it looks great! What an amazing machine!

Edmund, what a neat avatar and glad you are enjoying time with the grand kidz!!!

Just working here and supporting the wifey in her work endeavors as she is a busy, busy lady!

Ramping up on Christmas and getting all the associated goodies in line!

Hope to get in a little flying in the coming dayz!

b
rikybob is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 05:55 PM
  #862
ahamay
Thread Starter
 
ahamay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Gold Coast, AUSTRALIA
Posts: 1,140
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

Bugger me... it's Monday again....where did last week go


ahamay is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 08:56 PM
  #863
rikybob
 
rikybob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Zellwood, FL
Posts: 4,400
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III


Quote:
ORIGINAL: ahamay

Bugger me... it's Monday again....where did last week go [img][/img]



Dunno.......just finished up a 7 day stretch!

I did a wild goose chase on a suspected poacher but it was a good exercise.

Right afterward a 70 year old gal got lost in a canoe on a local river.

I set everything in motion and an investigator showed up and was able to leave all the details up to him.

Hopefully they find her in good repair!

Off tomorrow and drop my personal truck off for exhaust manifold gasket replacements.

Back to the house for some honey do's!

I have to do an install on a ridiculously large TV wifey talked me into buying!

I hope to get a lil flying in tomorrow as the WX is turning sour finally Wed/Thur!

All the best to my flyin' (and not so much flyin') friends!

b

PS I take my first viddy guitar lessons tomorrow!



rikybob is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 03:20 AM
  #864
ingleburn
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ingleburn, AUSTRALIA
Posts: 1,558
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

Yeah where did last week go to.

Im really busy trying to finish off outstanding jobs so I can enjoy a xmas break.
My original MCPX now has a new feathering shaft, blades and extended tail on it and is back to brand new.
The Nano got new blades, tail and canopy and back to perfect.
In fact my whole fleet is in A1 condition but Sydneys summer has deserted us and the weather is terrible.

Maybe its waiting for me to start my holidays so I can get a few weeks of non stop flying. Well I can always hope.

Brian you sound as busy as usual. Hope you get some flying in.

Jonesy, you getting any time with the 450's or just using the little ones.

Just found this on HK. As Im running out of models on the DX6i this looks like a winner and the price is great. http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...y_Mode_2_.html

Dont like the color but for the price I can shut my eyes.

Been keeping an eye on the new blade 550.www.bladehelis.com/Products/Default.aspx Anyone with any thoughts so far?

Anyway to all you lurkers, drop in a say hello, and I hope everyone is well.
ingleburn is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 03:43 AM
  #865
ahamay
Thread Starter
 
ahamay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Gold Coast, AUSTRALIA
Posts: 1,140
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III


Quote:
ORIGINAL: ingleburn
Jonesy, you getting any time with the 450's or just using the little ones.
Just found this on HK. As Im running out of models on the DX6i this looks like a winner and the price is great. http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...y_Mode_2_.html
Been keeping an eye on the new blade 550.www.bladehelis.com/Products/Default.aspx Anyone with any thoughts so far?
Have not flown the 450's for over a month now, however I've been able to have a play with the nano out the front during down time so that's keeping me going. Actually my nano has copped a bruising with me trying things Iprobably should try on the sim first. Snapped the tail boom this morning but just made a new one out of solid CF rod.

I was just looking at that HK OrangeRX TX (*** were they thinking when they named that)......this hobby it so cheap to get started in with equipment like this. Ihad a 6ch orange rx on my hk450 as far away as Icould see it and it never skipped a beat.

The blade 550 looks like a nice bird but I'm afraid they are going to put a stupid price on it when it gets here (Modelflight have it for $1100). The blade 500x is $965 and due for release at the same time (March). The Align 550 3gx kit is $985, which is what they are competing with. $1100 is way overpriced in my opinion, but we'll have to wait and see on the final pricing. If Blade continue their tradition, it will be the parts they screw everyone on again.

I see they have also not gone with a DFC style head.



ahamay is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:01 AM
  #866
pushinoldrc
 
pushinoldrc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Athens, GA
Posts: 403
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III


Quote:
ORIGINAL: ingleburn

Yeah where did last week go to.

Im really busy trying to finish off outstanding jobs so I can enjoy a xmas break.
My original MCPX now has a new feathering shaft, blades and extended tail on it and is back to brand new.
The Nano got new blades, tail and canopy and back to perfect.
In fact my whole fleet is in A1 condition but Sydneys summer has deserted us and the weather is terrible.

Maybe its waiting for me to start my holidays so I can get a few weeks of non stop flying. Well I can always hope.

Brian you sound as busy as usual. Hope you get some flying in.

Jonesy, you getting any time with the 450's or just using the little ones.

Just found this on HK. As Im running out of models on the DX6i this looks like a winner and the price is great. http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...y_Mode_2_.html

Dont like the color but for the price I can shut my eyes.

Been keeping an eye on the new blade 550.www.bladehelis.com/Products/Default.aspx Anyone with any thoughts so far?

Anyway to all you lurkers, drop in a say hello, and I hope everyone is well.
Yep, been lurking here.

Ihave to say that is one fugly radio.

Hugh and Ihave been flying some on the weekends here, but the weather is changing. It was beautiful yesterday, and Hugh couldn't make it.
Iflew 3 500 size birds and 2 planks. Everything flew supprizingly well, and I didn't have many problems which is unusual with so many models at one time. Ihave seen time when I take this many models to the field and find that MOSTof them have some problem that makes them unflyable.

One of the planks is a large Citabria with a 50cc engine. A couple of weeks ago, the firewall broke where it attached to the fuselage, and Ihad to reglue and then cap it with 1/8" aluminum sheet which moved the engine forward slightly. The change moved the CG forward just enough to make it a handfull in the air. So, after a very fast and tricky landing, Iput her back in the truck.

The only other incident happend when Iput the flybarred Gaui 425 in the air for the second time, the battery went away as soon as I lifted off and acheived 50' AGL. Ihave to replace her landing gear and a blade grip now.

Ya'll have some great flying ahead down under, and we will fly as much as possible.

Bryan
pushinoldrc is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 04:50 PM
  #867
Kozzy_98
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: SydneyNew South Wales, AUSTRALIA
Posts: 290
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

I love the colour of the Orange TX

@ rikybob I'll have to send you some pics of my guitar. Its an Ibanez S470DXQM. It has a very nice sound. Just a little heads up with guitars, for your first 3-6 months your fingers will absolutely kill at the fingertips. Don't worry about it, the only way to prevent this is to keep practicing! Eventually the tips of your fingers will be as hard as a rock!!

Not much action from me due to nearly slicing my left thumb in half while cutting watermelon!

Finally managed to break a prop on my quad, as well as have a glue join come undone. The thing that I love about my quad is that it really helps me with learning orientation. Haven't attempted nose in, but I am comfortable flying left and right side towards me.

Hopefully when the weather clears up I will be able to take the quad and my helicopters to the field!
Kozzy_98 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:22 PM
  #868
mnemennth
 
mnemennth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Victoria TX
Posts: 615
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

I've been doing this:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1773059

http://www.helifreak.com/showthread....25#post4517925

And, you know, flying my toys. And building my J3 Cub.

I have motor installed, landing gear fabricated & installed. For some idea of scale, that's a 12x7 prop on a 35-48/1100KV motor and the OE wheels, which are getting replaced, are 3"/75mm dia.

And rebuilding my flybarless microheli; I am now the proud owner of a brushless Minius CP. I've actually flown it a little; though it still needs adjustifyin'. Still not sure if I'll EVER get the hang of CCPM flight.... *Sigh*



AUW is 48.8gr; vs 40.2gr for stock Genius CP with the NanoTech batt. I extended the main batt wire so it could be civilized to plug/unplug.



Walkera BL kit & GCP guts on Walkera Mini CP chassis. MUCH stiffer. And it actually started out square. And replaceable skids.



The Mini CP has 120° equilateral servo arrangement, just like my HDX 450 and the Goblin uses.



Here's the underside showing the ESC; motor wires are soldered, but everything else is plug-in on the mainboard. I dropped from stock 9T pinion to 8T from TopCopter; it's now the smoothest it's ever run. Damn those cheap-ass 0820SR motors.



And here's my baby grrl helping me fix her uncle Julian's PC.

Right now, just tryin' to keep up with the bills during the slow season and going to my indoor flying club every Wednesday. Pretty uneventful.

mnem
Merry Christmas, ya freaks!
mnemennth is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:33 PM
  #869
ahamay
Thread Starter
 
ahamay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Gold Coast, AUSTRALIA
Posts: 1,140
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III



Sounds like you've been busy. Not quite sure what a 4D flip is on that quad

Be sure to post a vid of your cub maiden, it looks big.

That computer looks very clean inside given the age of it.

I'm still waiting for SAB to contact me about reviewing the Goblin 770

Jonesy



ahamay is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 07:32 AM
  #870
mnemennth
 
mnemennth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Victoria TX
Posts: 615
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III


Quote:
ORIGINAL: ahamay



Sounds like you've been busy. Not quite sure what a 4D flip is on that quad

Be sure to post a vid of your cub maiden, it looks big.

That computer looks very clean inside given the age of it.

I'm still waiting for SAB to contact me about reviewing the Goblin 770

Jonesy



I know... that is the FIRST quad I've ever flown; it just blew my mind how user-friendly that thing is. Even the guys at the club who have serious hobby-grade quads couldn't believe how it flies for a $50 toy.

My .5 scale J3 Cub maiden? sure... www.youtube.com/watch

The Cub is .50 Scale; it has a 6' wingspan. My wife bought it for me at NitroPlanes. That's .60 scale gear I put under it; I think it'll hold up a lot better than the original which was made out of coathangers. Seriously. But that aside, it's a helluva kit for the money. MFDby China Model Products. www.nitroplanes.com/cmp-cub-ep-1830mm-kit.html

Yeah; I had just blown out the case with compressed air; several dust elephants charged me, but I was able to hold them off with my Swiffer. "Unka Juwian" may be getting a upgrade for Xmas; that old Athlon64 single-core is still running XP 64-bit.

Actually, I'm hoping I get a chance to review the WLToys V922 when it's released; it's their first foray into FBL/CP. If they do it as well as they've done these two products, I'll be Shelf-Queen-ing my Minius for a while.

mnem
*Genuine Toy Person*
mnemennth is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 10:00 PM
  #871
ingleburn
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ingleburn, AUSTRALIA
Posts: 1,558
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III


Great reviews, I would hate to see how long one would be of a 450.

I was actually looking at getting one of those quads for my son for Xmas but got him a RTF MQX as it was on special for $150

I have a mate that wanted to buy his son a little heli but the little cheapo ones that you buy from stores wouldnt be good enough and the MCPX would be to hard. Maybe that V911 could be an option. What do you think?

Getting close to finishing for the year and looking forward to getting plenty of flying in.Just hope it doesnt take 2 long to get my thumbs back.

ingleburn is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 10:14 PM
  #872
Edmund2
 
Edmund2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: PretoriaGauteng, SOUTH AFRICA
Posts: 708
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

Third best selling toy in SA so far in December is RC Helicopters, a host of cheapo co-axials are being punted by all and sundry and it is selling by the thousands. From what I see in the adds that make up 200% compared to the newspapers it come in, there are a huge variety with some real cr.p and some not too bad looking. Being an E-Sky co-axial owner none of what I see there can compare.

Getting to grips with the mcpx again and may just get something bigger up over the forthcoming long weekend over here.

Edmund
Edmund2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 02:07 AM
  #873
ingleburn
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ingleburn, AUSTRALIA
Posts: 1,558
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III


Quote:
ORIGINAL: Edmund2

Third best selling toy in SA so far in December is RC Helicopters, a host of cheapo co-axials are being punted by all and sundry and it is selling by the thousands. From what I see in the adds that make up 200% compared to the newspapers it come in, there are a huge variety with some real cr.p and some not too bad looking. Being an E-Sky co-axial owner none of what I see there can compare.

Getting to grips with the mcpx again and may just get something bigger up over the forthcoming long weekend over here.

Edmund
I know what you mean. Our local electronics store may as well be a RC Heli store. They have them in every shape and size and take up a quarter of the store. Wouldnt p i s s on most of them.

ingleburn is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 02:23 AM
  #874
Edmund2
 
Edmund2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: PretoriaGauteng, SOUTH AFRICA
Posts: 708
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

Get this very often: " I hear you fly RC helicopters, can you help me as I have a problem with ......." Sure bring it in so I can see if I can advise. They then turn up with a cheapo coaxial that falls over as one hits the throttle or a host of other problems. My advise mostly is to return it to the shop and see if they can get it to fly.  Then again another arrived here with a Gaui 500 and I had no idea as to what to do with his settings. Referred that guy to RC Universe where he for sure will be helped.

I am bored stiif at work and no heil in the boot to get time to move along.

Cheers.

Edmund
Edmund2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 03:51 AM
  #875
sgbfly
 
sgbfly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Worksop Nottinghamshire, UNITED KINGDOM
Posts: 1,947
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

Hi Guy's,

A little video from the frozen north

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBX1vXSww8g[/youtube]

Best wishes to all!

Simon
sgbfly is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 04:09 PM.