Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
Reload this Page >

HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

Old 01-09-2013, 01:21 PM
ingleburn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

ORIGINAL: sgbfly

ORIGINAL: rikybob

Where to begin, where to begin??

1st Rc Universe called and said "STOP hoggin' all their bandwidth"!

2nd Cool A S S lookin' fleet!

3rd Cars are cool too!

4th Isn't it time for you to test a Beast X clone??

5th Thanx for stoppin' in!

Yer pal!

b
Lol, thanks Brian!

As for the Beastx clone - I thought about that for the LH-450 but in the end I went with "better the devil you know" reasoning and purchased the zyx again.

S

Yeah my download limit has nearly been reached from watching your vids.

Been keeping an eye on the happenings of your heli and while I left comments on YT here are my two cents.

Never any problems with the RX and then 2 glitch at the same time. Possible but not likely. Change to a spectrum just to make sure.

New ZYX so maybe a dry solder joint is causing the glitch. Open it up and inspect but that would be my last on the to do list.

If the glitch is always the same then maybe a servo issue.

If the ESC is the original one on the heli then its had a beating and might be on the way out. First thing I would do is change it to rule that out.

Other than that it could be a wiring problem, TX problem or its so cold there your fingers are shaking.

Have fun and hope you sort it out.

Old 01-09-2013, 01:25 PM
ahamay

Iposted this on rcg, but throught I would post here as well re zyx on Windows 8.

I've been stuffing around investigating what's required to get the zyx adapter to work with Windows 8. I know some of you have had success by turning off the driver signing but there are going to be a lot of people that will never get it working.

The adapter chip is a Prolific usb to serial convertor which is a common chip used to convert usb to rs232.

The adapter i have is an early version that I got from oomodel with my zyx back when they first came out. It appears that there are a few models of the chip and the one that I have is not supported under windows 8. The chip I have is a PL-2303HXA, the newer ones should be a PL-2303HXD which should work ok.

You can download the latest 32 and 64 bit drivers from the prolific website which are signed and will install ok under windows 8. There is also a utility that you can run on windows 7/XP that will tell you what chip you have (pic below).

http://www.prolific.com.tw/US/ShowPr...id=225&pcid=41

For those that have it running under windows 8, it would be helpful if you could download the driver package from prolific above and run the utility and let me know what chip your adapter has on it.

This is a quote from the Prolific website re the chip models:

Windows Driver Installer Setup Program
(For PL2303 HXA, XA, HXD, EA, RA, SA, TA, TB versions)
Installer version & Build date: 1.7.0 (2012-8-1)
Windows XP (32 & 64-bit) WDM WHQL Driver: v2.1.35.211
- Compatible with Windows 2000SP4 & Server2003
Windows Vista/7/8 (32 & 64-bit) WDF WHQL Driver: v3.4.36.247
- Windows 8 Certified WHQL Driver
- Driver also available via Windows Update (Vista, 7, 8)
- Compatible with Windows Server2008/Server2008R2/Server2012

NOTE:

Windows 8 is NOT supported in PL-2303HXA and PL-2303X EOL chip versions.
Run PL2303 CheckChipVersion tool program in Windows XP/Vista/7 to check chip version.
Prolific recommends to buy PL-2303HXD (HX Rev D) chip.

Cheers
Jonesy
Old 01-09-2013, 01:41 PM
rikybob

Simon,

I'd suspect a servo as your likely culprit rather than an esc.

I've had intermittent problems with servos before but never a bad esc.

Jonesly,

As for Windoz issues I just use the oldest version I can get away with b/c the growing pains of being an "early adopter" is too much for me!

b
Old 01-09-2013, 02:33 PM
sgbfly

Thanks Noel and Brian - some good thoughts there! FWIW I don't suspect a servo as it can glitch sat idle on the bench. It's rf or bec imo but we shall see.

S
Old 01-09-2013, 02:34 PM
rikybob

Thanks Noel and Brian - some good thoughts there! FWIW I don't suspect a servo as it can glitch sat idle on the bench. It's rf or bec imo but we shall see.

S [img][/img]
i was just pullin' it outta my arse anyway!

b

PS YT Blather to follow!
Old 01-09-2013, 03:51 PM
ahamay

Hi Guy's,
I've just enjoyed catching up with the forum and seeing the fruits of various recent projects by many.
Simon
Simon, great pics and some excellent info their on your project.

For the benefit of others as Imentioned in a comment on youtube, I'm dead against those orangerx recievers... not for fear of trashing a heli but for safety. If that thing glitches and you lose control and it hits someone or something, or even yourself then that will be a bad day.

I know your still at the mercy of other chinese electronics, but if other things fail then your bird will come down real quick but if you lose control of it whilst it's zooming off it could end up anywhere. Food for thought.

As most of you know I've got 2 Tarot 450 Pro V2's... both are identical in spec except the gyro's. #1 is running ZYX-s v3.5 and the #2 is running ZYX with whatever the the firmware was before 3.5 (3.02 i think it is). The funny thing is the #2 running running original zyx with pre 3.5 firmware flys much better than the zyx-s with 3.5. I've been flashing up and down (with win7 after giving up on win8) and will have some concrete info to share hopefully by the weekend. I've been flying the #2 a lot and i'ts very noticeable when going to #1 how bad it is in comparison.

Jonesy

Old 01-09-2013, 03:53 PM
Kozzy_98

I would say its a servo issue, perhaps a faulty soldering join to the potentiometer.

However, if I can remember correctly, I think Rob had a helicopter with a no name ESC which caused a few glitches that resulted in a crash.

<EDIT> Started typing ages ago, posted late..<EDIT>

Old 01-09-2013, 03:57 PM
ahamay

S [img][/img]
i was just pullin' it outta my arse anyway!
b
PS YT Blather to follow!
ok, seeing as everyone else is pulling a guess out of the arse, I'll say it's the ESC. Brown out or loss of power to the rx (flashing light) will most likely be caused by a dodgy esc, or the bec curcuit. Idon't think a dodgy servo would draw enough power to knock out your rx or all your other servos would be out as well.

Jonesy

Old 01-09-2013, 04:28 PM
ingleburn

ORIGINAL: ahamay

Iposted this on rcg, but throught I would post here as well re zyx on Windows 8.

I've been stuffing around investigating what's required to get the zyx adapter to work with Windows 8. I know some of you have had success by turning off the driver signing but there are going to be a lot of people that will never get it working.

The adapter chip is a Prolific usb to serial convertor which is a common chip used to convert usb to rs232.

The adapter i have is an early version that I got from oomodel with my zyx back when they first came out. It appears that there are a few models of the chip and the one that I have is not supported under windows 8. The chip I have is a PL-2303HXA, the newer ones should be a PL-2303HXD which should work ok.

You can download the latest 32 and 64 bit drivers from the prolific website which are signed and will install ok under windows 8. There is also a utility that you can run on windows 7/XP that will tell you what chip you have (pic below).

For those that have it running under windows 8, it would be helpful if you could download the driver package from prolific above and run the utility and let me know what chip your adapter has on it.

NOTE:

Run PL2303 CheckChipVersion tool program in Windows XP/Vista/7 to check chip version.

Cheers
Jonesy
Got to disagree with you jonesy. I have the same chip as you and got it working in Win 8.
Used the june update herelaslow.net/2012/03/14/disable-driver-signature-enforcement-in-windows-8/
Uninstall the driver, start Win8 in test mode and install the driver. When you reboot make sure the adaptor is plugged in and it should work.
I see yours is set to COM6. From memory it has to be set between 1 and 4 to be picked up by the ZYX software but not sure.
All I know is that mine works now after much swearing and almost dumped Win 8 because of it.

Old 01-09-2013, 04:48 PM
ahamay

ORIGINAL: ingleburn

NOTE:

Cheers
Jonesy
Got to disagree with you jonesy. I have the same chip as you and got it working in Win 8.
Used the june update herelaslow.net/2012/03/14/disable-driver-signature-enforcement-in-windows-8/
Uninstall the driver, start Win8 in test mode and install the driver. When you reboot make sure the adaptor is plugged in and it should work.
I see yours is set to COM6. From memory it has to be set between 1 and 4 to be picked up by the ZYX software but not sure.
All I know is that mine works now after much swearing and almost dumped Win 8 because of it.
It's com 6 on my windows 7 box, which is where i ran that utility from. I've tried the disable sig enforcement and installed both the tarot supplied and also the new drivers from Prolific, no go.

Are you saying you've run that utility and it's diaplaying the same chip model ?

Old 01-09-2013, 05:49 PM
rikybob

Oh NO!

Not again!

b

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKISguQF8sM[/youtube]
Old 01-09-2013, 07:43 PM
ingleburn

NOTE:

Cheers
Jonesy
It's com 6 on my windows 7 box, which is where i ran that utility from. I've tried the disable sig enforcement and installed both the tarot supplied and also the new drivers from Prolific, no go.

Are you saying you've run that utility and it's diaplaying the same chip model ?

Yes its the same chip. See the thumbs below of PC running Win 7 with the utility showing chip model and the next screen shot of laptop running Win 8 with USB detected on Tatot software.
You have to follow steps in june update to put the machine in test mode. Later on Ill try to take it out of test mode and see if the usb still works.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	If10777.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	65.3 KB
ID:	1838711   Click image for larger version

Name:	Nj25669.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	1838712  
Old 01-09-2013, 07:55 PM
ahamay

NOTE:

Cheers
Jonesy

Yes its the same chip. See the thumbs below of PC running Win 7 with the utility showing chip model and the next screen shot of laptop running Win 8 with USB detected on Tatot software.
You have to follow steps in june update to put the machine in test mode. Later on Ill try to take it out of test mode and see if the usb still works.
I've just got this working on my win8 machine.... Ijust need to start from scratch and document the procedure as it wasn't as straight forward as disabling the sig mode.

Jonesy

Old 01-09-2013, 08:27 PM
ingleburn

NOTE:

Cheers
Jonesy

I've just got this working on my win8 machine.... Ijust need to start from scratch and document the procedure as it wasn't as straight forward as disabling the sig mode.

Jonesy

Yeah I dont know how mine got working but after starting it in test mode and installing the driver I rebooted it and still wasnt working. Replugged it a couple of times and still no luck but when I rebooted it again with the adaptor still plugged in it worked.
Going to try and set up the bluetooth adaptor on it now. See you in a few days.

Old 01-09-2013, 08:30 PM
ingleburn

A couple of flights today. Nothing special but needed 2 flights to get the blather in.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaPu7edtgDY&list=PL6D482AB1F211BB47&index= 36[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJ3JiEEAYME&list=PL6D482AB1F211BB47&index= 37[/youtube]
Old 01-09-2013, 09:47 PM
Edmund2

Oh NO!

Not again!

b

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKISguQF8sM[/youtube]
Sitting at work where I can not watch YT I can only imagine a heli smacking into that white car. Will have to wait till Saturday to watch at home.

Had a flight late yesterday afternoon as my grandson, now 2 years old, insisted that he wants to see a heli fly before they return back to Namibia today. Did a few small circuits with a belt CP and then he wanted me to fly the 550E. Now nobody would be that stupid to fly such a big one in 15 square meters but I did have some juice left in the lipo so I hovered it just out of ground effect for him, somehow a lot easier than the Belt CP. The first time he saw that one in the air.

Going to cook again here today but a few degrees C lower than what our Aus friends are experiencing.

Edmund

Old 01-09-2013, 09:50 PM
ahamay

For those that are interested Ive put a post in rcg regarding the insane process Iwent through to get the zyx dongle and software working under win8.

www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php
Old 01-10-2013, 12:11 AM
sgbfly

ORIGINAL: Kozzy_98

I would say its a servo issue, perhaps a faulty soldering join to the potentiometer.

However, if I can remember correctly, I think Rob had a helicopter with a no name ESC which caused a few glitches that resulted in a crash.

<edit> Started typing ages ago, posted late..<edit></edit></edit>

Don't you just hate it when that happens!

As for the glitch it seems to effect all servos, the motor and the rx when I observe it on the bench. But curiously the satellite sees no interuption and the zyx does not go through it's re-initializing routine. Sorry if I did not make that clear earlier.

With the above in mind I agree the esc is a suspect but I am skeptical about a rogue servo

Simon

Old 01-10-2013, 03:50 AM
ingleburn

For those that are interested Ive put a post in rcg regarding the insane process Iwent through to get the zyx dongle and software working under win8.

www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php
After all the hassles getting the usb to work I find there is no Win 8 Bluetooth driver.
And no compatible version of my security suite so doing a restore back to Win 7.
Good ridance Win 8.

Old 01-10-2013, 04:27 AM
rikybob

@ Ingleburn - God speed with your son and I wish him well in his endeavor. I will be joining him in dialysis in the years to come due to diabetes! Glad his mum is going to do him a "hook up" on the kidney. I will be thinking of him! Yah, after being a self proclaimed "Geek" and an early adopter of computers since the 70's I find that new OS are just simply annoying! Screw 8 for the time being! Thanx for all the shout out and the blather is GREAT!!! It's not just the heli's, it's the relationships forged around the world!

@ Edmund - He HAD to be amazed to see that 550 fire up!! Stay "cool" down there!

@ Simon - A little more info would have been good! Yah, ESC seems suspect!

@ Jonesy - Windows sux! (But it's kind of all we got)

@ All - Enjoying my weak coffee and lookin' forward to flyin' this morning at the field!

All the best!

b

PS Ingleburn, You made me think of Phil so I just PM'd him!
PSS Just got an "auto reply" from Phil and he won't be back in town til the 11th! Prolly in Bali!
PSSS This just in from "Flightmax" VERY INTERESTING unlike many of their posts....

[link=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0brSJ4kKask&feature=em-uploademail]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0brSJ4kKask&feature=em-uploademail[/link][youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0brSJ4kKask&feature=em-uploademail[/youtube]

Old 01-10-2013, 04:32 AM
Edmund2

Brian, so was my son, he had the opinion that it has never flown before, that coming from him who shredded umpteen blades against branches during the holidyas on the farm.  But man heis in EBO class when it comes to a flying a BOL.
Old 01-10-2013, 10:21 AM
mnemennth

Bob -

I saw that OS/RC system when he had it on the Kickstarter; I was interested, but just couldn't justify $600 for the basic unit to $2200 for the fully-loaded FPVsetup. Hell, I don't have $2200 in EVERYTHINGI own, RC-wise.

Also, I've got some experience with the ZigBee RF Arduino platform; it's what all of his advanced features are designed around. I don't believe it is as stable an RFinterface as my POS Turnigy/FlySky, certainly not near loss-free enough for FPV. Demetrius is wicked smart; he's got some RF/WiFi multiplexing system that he says works; dunno if I agree that's a good idea, particularly considering my considerable experience in other Wireless Data and my knowledge of how crowded these RFbands are. He says that with Digital Data this isn't a problem; I KNOWbetter. Particularly in crowded urban areas, there ISenough crosstalk to interfere for more than "just a few lost packets".

I imagined just such a thing as he's designed about 5 years ago when I was working with digital RF motor controls in an industrial setting; I know it's possible, and I know how. I just don't know if his system is going to be robust enough to keep up with the demands of the RCcommunity.

Of course, if you want to use standard JR/Spktrum modules in his box, you can have any radio platform you like. But you'll have to add stuff to make everything else work since you won't be using the Zigbee RF platform for control; it is NOTcompatible with any PPM/PCMsystem.

mnem
I am not my pants.
Old 01-10-2013, 11:22 AM
rikybob

ORIGINAL: mnemennth

Bob -

I saw that OS/RC system when he had it on the Kickstarter; I was interested, but just couldn't justify $600 for the basic unit to $2200 for the fully-loaded FPV setup. Hell, I don't have $2200 in EVERYTHING I own, RC-wise.

Also, I've got some experience with the ZigBee RF Arduino platform; it's what all of his advanced features are designed around. I don't believe it is as stable an RF interface as my POS Turnigy/FlySky, certainly not near loss-free enough for FPV. Demetrius is wicked smart; he's got some RF/WiFi multiplexing system that he says works; dunno if I agree that's a good idea, particularly considering my considerable experience in other Wireless Data and my knowledge of how crowded these RF bands are. He says that with Digital Data this isn't a problem; I KNOW better. Particularly in crowded urban areas, there IS enough crosstalk to interfere for more than ''just a few lost packets''.

I imagined just such a thing as he's designed about 5 years ago when I was working with digital RF motor controls in an industrial setting; I know it's possible, and I know how. I just don't know if his system is going to be robust enough to keep up with the demands of the RC community.

Of course, if you want to use standard JR/Spktrum modules in his box, you can have any radio platform you like. But you'll have to add stuff to make everything else work since you won't be using the Zigbee RF platform for control; it is NOT compatible with any PPM/PCM system.

mnem
I am not my pants.

Hi mnem!

I forgot to mention your personality in my blathers! Hope all is well with you and yours in wet Texas!

More of a point of interest for me when I see upstarts bring to light technology.

Amazing stuff that lives on the periphery of tech and with some vetting, may see the light of day!

All the best!

b
Old 01-10-2013, 11:36 AM
rikybob

< drool >......
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn35265.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	111.5 KB
ID:	1838900  
Old 01-10-2013, 11:56 AM
ahamay

< drool >......
no motor = no good

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.