Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 40 of 80 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast
Results 976 to 1,000 of 1986

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

ORIGINAL: ahamay

ORIGINAL: rikybob

< drool >......
    no motor = no good

Look closer my brother.

It HAS a motor!

"The Gemini 600 is a ready to run electric catamaran featuring a pre painted fibreglass hull with finished and rigged sails.
    The Gemini is equipped with a 380 motor and speed controller and includes a pre installed rudder servo. Just include a receiver and a battery to ready to sail.Ideal either as an entry to sailing catamaran with the added assurance of a motor to rescue you or, for the accomplished sailor, something different to sail. "

b
    FrSky Taranis (rev B) w/ Spektrum Module/ Spektrum DX7/ Align 500CF FBL w/ FU-BAR Gyro / Blade MCP X Brushless Mod / Red and Blue Nirvana II one meter sail boats / HobbyKing "Swamp Dawg" / Slow Stick / HK Firefly Q450 Quad w/ HK Mega FC board / Durafly T-28 / H/H Icon - A5 X 2.5/ E Flite Piper L-4/ Parkzone UM T-28 / HK Fox Glider / Fat Shark Attitudes FPV Goggles / Mobius Actioncam / Teksumo /1200mm Popwing/ SFFD Fire boat / QAV250 FPV (Afromini!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

< drool >......
    no motor = no good

Look closer my brother.

It HAS a motor!

"The Gemini 600 is a ready to run electric catamaran featuring a pre painted fibreglass hull with finished and rigged sails.
    The Gemini is equipped with a 380 motor and speed controller and includes a pre installed rudder servo. Just include a receiver and a battery to ready to sail.Ideal either as an entry to sailing catamaran with the added assurance of a motor to rescue you or, for the accomplished sailor, something different to sail. "

b
    Oh goody..... so the motor is just a backup
    Tarot 500 FBL ZYX-S, Tarot 450 PRO V2 FBL ZYX , Tarot 450 PRO V2 FBL ZYX-S , MCPx V2, Nano CPx, Q450 Quad (APM 2.5), AXN Floater Jet, Tek Sumo Flying Wing

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

< drool >......
    no motor = no good

Look closer my brother.

It HAS a motor!

''The Gemini 600 is a ready to run electric catamaran featuring a pre painted fibreglass hull with finished and rigged sails.
    The Gemini is equipped with a 380 motor and speed controller and includes a pre installed rudder servo. Just include a receiver and a battery to ready to sail.Ideal either as an entry to sailing catamaran with the added assurance of a motor to rescue you or, for the accomplished sailor, something different to sail. ''

b
    Oh goody..... so the motor is just a backupΒ*[img][/img] Β*
    Just pulled the trigger, couldn't stand it anymore!

Had a nice day at the field, will publish some observations and a viddy in a few!

b
    FrSky Taranis (rev B) w/ Spektrum Module/ Spektrum DX7/ Align 500CF FBL w/ FU-BAR Gyro / Blade MCP X Brushless Mod / Red and Blue Nirvana II one meter sail boats / HobbyKing "Swamp Dawg" / Slow Stick / HK Firefly Q450 Quad w/ HK Mega FC board / Durafly T-28 / H/H Icon - A5 X 2.5/ E Flite Piper L-4/ Parkzone UM T-28 / HK Fox Glider / Fat Shark Attitudes FPV Goggles / Mobius Actioncam / Teksumo /1200mm Popwing/ SFFD Fire boat / QAV250 FPV (Afromini!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Just pulled the trigger, couldn't stand it anymore!

Had a nice day at the field, will publish some observations and a viddy in a few!
    b
    Cool.... now i'll actually have to go and read about it

Tarot 500 FBL ZYX-S, Tarot 450 PRO V2 FBL ZYX , Tarot 450 PRO V2 FBL ZYX-S , MCPx V2, Nano CPx, Q450 Quad (APM 2.5), AXN Floater Jet, Tek Sumo Flying Wing

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi all!

Had a nice day at the flyin' field!

Met up with Eric and a few others.

I flew three packs (3 less than what I wanted) and really enjoyed myself!

We caught up on all the "goings ons" at the club and at one point I said to Eric "Are you going to fly that b i t c h"?

So's he takes the 550 out and lifts off, loses control and drilled it! Tragically I didn't have my cam on!

The postmortem was 300USD in damage! He broke almost every thing mechanical! Dang it!

I will add viddys that I took today as follow!

All the best!

b

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gclg7aBJUvs[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CE1HQDBpE8s[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpJMYc8ICi8[/youtube]

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: ingleburn

For those that are interested Ive put a post in rcg regarding the insane process Iwent through to get the zyx dongle and software working under win8.

www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php
    After all the hassles getting the usb to work I find there is no Win 8 Bluetooth driver.
    And no compatible version of my security suite so doing a restore back to Win 7.
    Good ridance Win 8.

Laptops been restored to original state with Win 7.
    Usb and Bluetooth adaptors took less than 5 minutes to get working and security suite likes me again.
    Plus I can find everything instead of scrathing my head for 10 minutes to try and find my files.
    I love playing with new software but Win 8 did my head in.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Well some good news today..

After placing an order from the AUS warehouse on the 9th of Jan, the parcel arrived at my door today (11th). That's only two days which is very good!

I didn't order too much from there: 3 pairs of Main blades, a Turnigy Plush 40A ESC, Evotite CA Glue, 4 motors for the quad and 2x packs of the 4 types of propeller that I need for the quadcopter (Black CW/CCW, Green CW/CCW)

Once I fix up the quad as I did some damage to the frame when I crashed it I will take footage of its flight after the rebuild with the keychain camera.
    I haven't been able to perfectly dial in the focus yet but it should be OK.

I haven't tried windows 8 yet but it seems pretty rubbish.
    Helis: HK450GT - Typhoon 2215+Spektrum AR6200X, HK450G/MT - Typhoon 2218+Orange6chRX, MCPX

Transmitter: Spektrum DX6i

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

A few early morning flights today before it got to hot and first damage to the Tarot.

Was going to try some flips but decided to do some nose in first.

Got a bit of DVR and because it was nose in my brain thought inverted and I pulled down instead of pushing up and gave it a good bump on the ground before I corrected.

Funny thing was it flew fine the rest of the battery but when I got home found the tail rotor shaft had a huge bend in it.

No stripped TT gears and not a mark on the tail blades. Cant believe it didnt suffer more damage or fly as well as it did.

Repaired now and might try some flips tomorrow. Or maybe practise some more nose in.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Kozzy_98
    I didn't order too much from there: 3 pairs of Main blades, a Turnigy Plush 40A ESC, Evotite CA Glue, 4 motors for the quad and 2x packs of the 4 types of propeller that I need for the quadcopter (Black CW/CCW, Green CW/CCW)

I haven't tried windows 8 yet but it seems pretty rubbish.
    Ijust got another turnigy plush 40 amp delivered today as well, hopefully the fricken soft start works on this one.

Windows 8 is actually a massive step forward over win7. It's much faster and enherently more sucure. What most people cannot come to grips with is the interface, but like anything you need to spend the time to learn it. Once you know where to click and how to navigate around it's a breeze.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey Bob -

No worries on the shout-out to Piso, Tejas; I'm not made of sugar, so I won't melt. I see your collection of holes in the water is getting larger too; that Cat is a LOT of boat for $80. You may have to take the money you saved and get one of these to shut Jonesy up...

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...arehouse_.html

Well, it DEFINITELYhas a motor...

mnem
    Wait'll you do a few piros and tailslides in one of THEM...
    *HK450GTV2/Hausler450V2/EXI450Pro/HDX450/V911/V913/V959/GeniusCP/AxiusCP/9XR/DEVO-7*

Cub Brother #144 - \"The Gross\"

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: mnemennth

Hey Bob -

No worries on the shout-out to Piso, Tejas; I'm not made of sugar, so I won't melt. I see your collection of holes in the water is getting larger too; that Cat is a LOT of boat for $80. You may have to take the money you saved and get one of these to shut Jonesy up...

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...arehouse_.html

Well, it DEFINITELYhas a motor...

mnem
    Wait'll you do a few piros and tailslides in one of THEM...
    Now were talking...gas motor and all. He'll need a bigger lake to wind that sucker up.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi Guy's,

Geez I'm way behind on watching the vids! I hope to catch up today!

The AR6115e arrived yesterday. I also hope to get chance to fit it to the glitching helicopter and test fly at lunch.

Glad there was minimal damage Noel!

Simon

Edit: Fitted now. AUW is reduced to 551g. I'm hoping this heli will be a little ripper!
    FBL FTW!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

@ Kozz - Lookin' forward to putting a face to a name!

@ Ingleburn - Sorry about the damage, glad it was minimal!

@ Jonesy - Good luck on that soft start. Just out of curiosity, is there a "branded" version of what you guys fly for those ESC that would definatly have a good S/S and what is the price differential?

@ Menmemnenmme - That boat should actually have a pair of Pick Up Truck Ballz hangin'off the back! Yah, the thought of having a gasser does not appeal to me in any way shap for form! I see a BIG sized "Alligator Tours" airboat at the LHS but it's a gasser. I thought about the virtues of Fleabaying the motor and figguring out what I would have to do to convert to electiric as I simply don't see any BIG scale airboats in the "Electron" version on the web. As for the Gemini 600, I sooooo phreakin jazzed I pushed the button but this needs to slip under wifeys radar so "Shhhhhhhhh"!

@ Simon - Good luck with that pesky problem!!

@ All - I spoke privatly with Phil yesterday and he is on a well needed respite! He gives his best and is still heavily involved in "plankers"!

See ya!

b

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

b
    Pesky problem no more!

Spektrum AR6115e seems to have cured it. Video later.

S

FBL FTW!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: sgbfly

b
    Pesky problem no more!

Spektrum AR6115e seems to have cured it. Β*Video later.

SΒ*[img][/img]

Yay!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi all!

We caught up on all the "goings ons" at the club and at one point I said to Eric "Are you going to fly that b i t c h"?

So's he takes the 550 out and lifts off, loses control and drilled it! Tragically I didn't have my cam on!

The postmortem was 300USD in damage! He broke almost every thing mechanical! Dang it!

All the best!

b

Thank F**K for the honesty of YT:

This video is a duplicate of a previously uploaded video.

Sorry about that.

lol, that was nearly another 12 wasted minutes!

S
    FBL FTW!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi all!

We caught up on all the ''goings ons'' at the club and at one point I said to Eric ''Are you going to fly that b i t c h''?

All the best!

b

Thank F**K for the honest of YT:

This video is a duplicate of a previously uploaded video.

Sorry about that.

[img][/img]

lol

SΒ*[img][/img]

DOH!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Here we go then...

Gltich free & pitch up free flying with my new fbl!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAsygv_F9MI[/youtube]

So in summary, it would seem the Orange R610 is not a good companion to the Tarot zyx. The Spektrum AR6115e however works beautifully!

Best to all

Simon
    FBL FTW!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Remember this....

...well it happened again. Video later if it's any good.

Need to check I have the heli (and dog) in frame

S
    FBL FTW!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Remember this....

[img][/img]

...well it happened again. Β*Video later if it's any good.

Need to check I have the heli (and dog) in frameΒ*[img][/img]

SΒ*[img][/img]
    The comedy writes itself!!

b

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Here we go then...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAsygv_F9MI[/youtube]

So in summary, it would seem the Orange R610 is not a good companion to the Tarot zyx. The Spektrum AR6115e however works beautifully!

Best to all

Simon
    Did you always have the satellite plugged in ? That bloke that tested them rekoned the the satallite did nothing onthe r610. Maby the satellite is the problem?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Here we go then...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAsygv_F9MI

Best to all

Simon
    Did you always have the satellite plugged in ? That bloke that tested them rekoned the the satallite did nothing onthe r610. Maby the satellite is the problem?
    Yes I did, although the more reading I do suggests like you say - it was doing nothing.

Apparantly glitches, dropped frames and half second lock outs are not unusual with the R610. It seems reasonable to me that the would appear less of a problem on a flybarred model or foamie whereas the glitch is exacerbated by a flybarless controller when everything jumps to failsafe and back.

Also, the Orange R710 is said to be much better and the also the satellite is proven to work on that model.

The AR6115e cost me £12.65 delivered. Amazing value!

Simon

FBL FTW!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Well... time for an update on the Hausler. I meant to do this several days ago; but truth be told, this week has been like going to war EVERY FREAKING DAY. I think I've been suffering a little PTSD, actually. [[:'(]]

So... we worked on RF; got it updated to 6.5. It's working great on my PC. Pleased purple with pink polka dots over that but... haven't had a chance to use it because I've been busy working with Brook (That's the fellow RC clubber's name) trying to rebuild Giselle (That's the helicopter's name) since Sunday...

Okay. (Video Rewind-ey noises) When I made the swap, I included one of the Hausler 450 spare chassis that I bought when they had them on sale; it came with complete CNC Head & Tail upgrade. Saturday morning I get a text from Brook; the air is dead calm and he's going to Olmos Park and fly a few packs. Good for him. That night, I get a call...

He tells me he went flying; had 3 great flights, then came home. "Should have just gone inside and played on the Sim, but I figured 'Hey it's still light out; I'll just practice a little hovering in the front yard.'"

Brook's front yard is just like mine; 40 x 40 ft, marked at each corner by kite-eating trees. I KNOW where this is going.

"I was doing great, but then it started to drift, so I went to cut throttle and hit the other switch by accident."

I have almost done this myself many times but stopped myself just in time. My Turnigy TX has the TH HOLD on the left; this one has it on the right. I'm told this is the way most TX have it, so I've tried to get used to that config. You KNOW what the OTHER switch does.

"It just sortof rolled over on it's side a couple feet off the ground like a dog asking for a belly rub... then came the crashing and grinding noises... it was like I was watching in slow motion."

Yeah; adrenaline will do that." I said; already knowing in my mind what that poor heli looked like. [[X(]]

"So... can I come over with those parts you gave me... and we can try and put it all back together."

"Yeah, sure. Beth'll be home, so we can work without the kids up in our faces."

As I hang up the phone, I'm already putting together a list of things he DOESN'T have that he's gonna need. No problem; I have a BIG box of spares.  I'm just down to my last set of new blades & they're on my HK450GT, so I dig out a few that were "a bit too long, so I trimmed 'em on the ashphalt" from the bottom of my "Last ditch spares" box. No problem.

He shows up next morning; my worst fears were made real. It's a TOTAL disaster; In 2 years of crashing, I've only had one this bad. On the first flight. With my 450GT. Full headspeed, blade strike on the ground, then blade-wrap on the tail. That was the one where half a blade stuck in the ground at my feet. He even shattered the plastic head; in all the flights and all the crashes, all the times I had to straighten the feathering shaft on that Hausler 450's head... I NEVER actually BROKE it.

"This is about a 2.5 on the Henderson Scale." * I tell him. "It looks like the only thing that survived intact was the chassis and electronics. It would ALMOST be easier to build a new one." Little did I know how much I would wish we had done just that...

Everything that moves is bent or broken except 1 cyclic servo; bent mainshaft, tailboom, tailrotor. The Flybar looks like a spaghetti. Broken main blade, gear, flybar seesaw, washout links, even the 1-piece resin skids I thought were unbreakable.

So... I show him what has to be removed so he can strip it down to the chassis; I'm still telling myself it'll be easier than mounting all the electronics on the new chassis, and he needs the experience anyways. "Besides... I'm not ready to bury Giselle yet... I like that name." he says in a deliberately childlike whiney voice.

I explain to him that this is going to be an all day job; we have to rebuild EVERYTHING. This means disassembling every screw that goes into metal and making sure it's LockTited, all rotating masses have to be trued and balanced. When that's all done, we have to zero the servos, level the swash and set up a new head. If we're lucky, we MAY get to that part.

We got close on Sunday. You know how it is when you're building with friends; you spend as much time ratchet-jawing as you do working. Brook has more piloting skill than I do; lots more on planks, a fair amount with an mCPX. But not nearly as much technical/mechanical experience. This is his first 450-size "real" heli, but between his other experience and LOTS of Sim time, he flies any of my birds better than I can.

Delays with setting up the tail and having to try 3 main gears to get one that ran true... pretty much every single little time-wastey thing that could go wrong with a new build tried its best on us. At the end of the day, we had a complete chassis, all LockTited; new CNC tail assembled and swash leveled and new CNC head assembled but not installed. We got to hear it run and test gyro action on the tail. I called it a good day.

The next day was only a few hours due to work for me and Dr.'s appts for Brook; we completed the head, squared & centered the Flybar, set zero pitch and balanced the best-matched of my "trimmed blades" then went about trying to set tracking. This  was where we ran into our fundamental problem: a really nasty shudder just off idle; like when the blades are straightening themselves but still persisting afterwards. If it wasn't clamped to the bench it would make the heli want to flop over even after it had a chance to spin up. Once it got above 1/4 throttle, it got out of the resonant frequency and would spin up okay; still a little vibration, but I've flown all of mine with worse. It was late; we decided to "tackle it tomorrow".

The next day was a blur; tearing the head down , tearing the gearset down, measuring runout on the mainshaft with a dial indicator (it had less that .001"), rebuilding and retesting. Eventually I tried the head and blades off my HK450GT; that cured EVERYTHING. Not as smooth as the HK450GT, but as smooth as the Hausler had ever been; and that was with a maingear that still needed to be broken in.

o.0

That evening and most of the next day was spent trying parts from my new parts box and used parts bin to try and make the Hausler 450 behave like it did with the HK450GT head on it; eventually, it was nearing time for our flying club meet, so I made an executive decision: we were going to put my HK450GT back together so he could have SOMETHING to fly. That was when we got the the icing on the annoyance cake. My HK450GT now had a slight vibration; not bad, certainly flyable. But it wasn't there before.

grrr.

We packed it all up and went flying; of course, that night's game ran over and we had to wait to get into the gym. I spent most of the meet just shooting the breeze and relaxing; burned a few packs in my quad and tried to troubleshoot some video glitching on my "cheap-ass keychain cam". Afterwards, I took my heli home and Brook went home; we both have work-related stuff, so no more working on it this week. But just now, I got a text from him; he wants to come over Monday.

Pray for me.

mnem
    *Goes back to the relative sanity of being a soccer-mom with 2 small children*

* The Henderson Scale ends at 2 Full Hendersons: The action taken by the player has decimated the plot and Universe of the game so utterly that the game has to be scrapped, RetConned, posted about on /tg/, and the GM has to begin an entirely new game.

See: http://1d4chan.org/wiki/The_Henderso...railment&#160; Also:  http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Old_Man_Henderson
    *HK450GTV2/Hausler450V2/EXI450Pro/HDX450/V911/V913/V959/GeniusCP/AxiusCP/9XR/DEVO-7*

Cub Brother #144 - \"The Gross\"

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ah yes the joy of helping friends with a "little" problem!
    Sounds like you had a hoot! Been there done that.
    He is dam lucky to find a friend like you. I have some of those friends here in Ga.
    It gos both ways I beg spares and so do they I do enjoy it. It makes this hobby more than a hobby, It builds firendship's
    Oh I will say a few prayers for you.
    Hugh

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

That crash sounded quite nasty, and I am sure it would have been quite spectacular!

With the Turnigy 9X I am assuming that you are running stock firmware on it? I would suggesting flashing to er9X as it is a much better firmware. All of the switches are programmable, so you can find the equivalent switch and program it for throttle hold.

At the end of the day, I guess this hobby comes down to mates helping out mates.

Well, I will go back to balancing my motors and eventually installing them in the quadcopter! Hopefully it will get done today!

Helis: HK450GT - Typhoon 2215+Spektrum AR6200X, HK450G/MT - Typhoon 2218+Orange6chRX, MCPX

Transmitter: Spektrum DX6i

Page 40 of 80 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast