T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

Reply
Old 01-11-2013, 08:32 PM
  #1001
rikybob
 
rikybob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Zellwood, FL
Posts: 4,400
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

Mnemenenen,

What a joy!

Hope you get it sorted soon enough and don't have any axillary issues again!

My day was nice. I worked then off by mid afternoon was off. Looked at an
new" pontoon boat trailer that didn't fit my bill but, however put a new Rx in my Nirvana II sailboat!

I put in the AR6100e and it worked a treat!

Soon after we attended a "tractor pull" and watched "Blade Runner" on blu ray!

(sigh)

Work tomorrow (and perhaps a lil sailing)!

All the best!

b

rikybob is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 02:20 AM
  #1002
Kozzy_98
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: SydneyNew South Wales, AUSTRALIA
Posts: 290
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

Well I am now uploading my videos from today.

Just a question about the videos and codecs.. I edited one (added credits to and cut out a little) in Adobe Premiere Pro CS3. Original size of the file was 190MB, after rendering it was 1.37GB. If anyone does use Premiere Pro, can I have their rendering settings?

Everything is sloooowly uploading to youtube, should finish sometime tomorrow
Kozzy_98 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 04:12 AM
  #1003
sgbfly
 
sgbfly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Worksop Nottinghamshire, UNITED KINGDOM
Posts: 1,947
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III


Quote:
ORIGINAL: Kozzy_98

Well I am now uploading my videos from today.

Just a question about the videos and codecs.. I edited one (added credits to and cut out a little) in Adobe Premiere Pro CS3. Original size of the file was 190MB, after rendering it was 1.37GB. If anyone does use Premiere Pro, can I have their rendering settings?

Everything is sloooowly uploading to youtube, should finish sometime tomorrow
There are several ways but this is the simplest.

Select your sequence

Go to File -> export -> Adobe media encoder

Adjust all setting to be like the attachment and your well on your way. I'm very busy today but can help more tomorrow.

Simon
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Kh17553.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	71.6 KB
ID:	1839427  
sgbfly is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 04:43 AM
  #1004
ahamay
Thread Starter
 
ahamay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Gold Coast, AUSTRALIA
Posts: 1,140
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

Recieved the turnighy plush 40amp BESC on Friday and I"ve just run it up on the bench with a spare rx and spare motor to test the soft start and low and behold it's working great, so that's good news.

Ijust checked one of my helis that the soft start is not working on with the programming card and it's definately set to very soft. Before I transplant it out of the heli, I'll try setting it back to defaults and set it up again. Might just get lucky.

Jonesy
ahamay is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 12:47 PM
  #1005
Kozzy_98
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: SydneyNew South Wales, AUSTRALIA
Posts: 290
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

Here are the videos!

Sorry about my speech in the maiden flight and how none of what I said made any sense! I was trying to make sure I didn't crash a maiden on camera
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dowo_bZNt7M[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ma505i4BbO8[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdMjrbIbydU[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cc3AX9uBMfU[/youtube]
Kozzy_98 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 01:25 PM
  #1006
ingleburn
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ingleburn, AUSTRALIA
Posts: 1,558
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III


Quote:
ORIGINAL: ahamay

Recieved the turnighy plush 40amp BESC on Friday and I"ve just run it up on the bench with a spare rx and spare motor to test the soft start and low and behold it's working great, so that's good news.

Ijust checked one of my helis that the soft start is not working on with the programming card and it's definately set to very soft. Before I transplant it out of the heli, I'll try setting it back to defaults and set it up again. Might just get lucky.

Jonesy
Let me know how you go with the ones that dont work because neither of mine work.
Also what do you set your timing to? Mine are set to medium but not sure of the difference.

ingleburn is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 02:10 PM
  #1007
ahamay
Thread Starter
 
ahamay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Gold Coast, AUSTRALIA
Posts: 1,140
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III


Quote:
ORIGINAL: ingleburn


Quote:
ORIGINAL: ahamay

Recieved the turnighy plush 40amp BESC on Friday and I"ve just run it up on the bench with a spare rx and spare motor to test the soft start and low and behold it's working great, so that's good news.

Ijust checked one of my helis that the soft start is not working on with the programming card and it's definately set to very soft. Before I transplant it out of the heli, I'll try setting it back to defaults and set it up again. Might just get lucky.

Jonesy
Let me know how you go with the ones that dont work because neither of mine work.
Also what do you set your timing to? Mine are set to medium but not sure of the difference.
Just transplanting the new one in and the old one out. Stuffed around with all the settings on the old one, defaults..changed a few things, soft, instead of super soft etc...no go. The esc works perfect, except for the soft start, but it's too easy to strip a maingear without it imho so it's gone.

I'm running mine on the defaults low timing. I tried middle and high way back when Iwas building the GT. The motor ran hotter on high timing (or could have been coinsidence), but there was no noticable power increase between the three so i've left it on low and had no issues. If Ihad to take an uneducated stab in the dark I"d say there's no difference between the 3.




ahamay is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 03:37 PM
  #1008
ingleburn
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ingleburn, AUSTRALIA
Posts: 1,558
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III


Quote:
ORIGINAL: ahamay


Quote:
ORIGINAL: ingleburn


Quote:
ORIGINAL: ahamay

Recieved the turnighy plush 40amp BESC on Friday and I"ve just run it up on the bench with a spare rx and spare motor to test the soft start and low and behold it's working great, so that's good news.

Ijust checked one of my helis that the soft start is not working on with the programming card and it's definately set to very soft. Before I transplant it out of the heli, I'll try setting it back to defaults and set it up again. Might just get lucky.

Jonesy
Let me know how you go with the ones that dont work because neither of mine work.
Also what do you set your timing to? Mine are set to medium but not sure of the difference.
Just transplanting the new one in and the old one out. Stuffed around with all the settings on the old one, defaults..changed a few things, soft, instead of super soft etc...no go. The esc works perfect, except for the soft start, but it's too easy to strip a maingear without it imho so it's gone.

I'm running mine on the defaults low timing. I tried middle and high way back when Iwas building the GT. The motor ran hotter on high timing (or could have been coinsidence), but there was no noticable power increase between the three so i've left it on low and had no issues. If Ihad to take an uneducated stab in the dark I"d say there's no difference between the 3.




Yeah Ive noticed my motor runs pretty warm on medium but if the soft start doesnt make a difference then maybe the timing doesnt either.
Im used to being careful when spooling up but its still a pain.

Took the Tarot out yesterday and it flys great again. Started playing with the gains and got them up to 45 and still no wobbles.
Dropped the tail gain to 68 as it was wagging coming out of right turns.
Time to read up a bit more on tuning. Simon has been giving it to me for making him try inverted and thinks its my turn.

ingleburn is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 06:26 PM
  #1009
ingleburn
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ingleburn, AUSTRALIA
Posts: 1,558
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III


Quote:
ORIGINAL: Kozzy_98

Here are the videos!

Sorry about my speech in the maiden flight and how none of what I said made any sense! I was trying to make sure I didn't crash a maiden on camera
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dowo_bZNt7M[/youtube
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ma505i4BbO8[/youtube
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdMjrbIbydU[/youtube
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cc3AX9uBMfU[/youtube
Seems quite stable Kozzy.
Why dont you put a spectrum receiver in it and use the DX6i. That way you can set it up to have the same responses to stick input as the 450.
Might make it easier when you move between both of them. I know I struggle when I take the nano out as its really twitchy.

ingleburn is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:37 PM
  #1010
Kozzy_98
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: SydneyNew South Wales, AUSTRALIA
Posts: 290
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

Yeah, that sounds like a good idea.

Phil gave me a Orange 9ch FullRange DSM2 Receiver which I think would be suitable.

I took a few more onboard videos and there is a very noticable jello because I haven't balanced the props and motors yet, even though I have placed foam tape on the carrying shelf.

Still waiting on my 450 Parts from China, but I don't mind the wait as I have the quadcopter to fly
Kozzy_98 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 09:09 PM
  #1011
mnemennth
 
mnemennth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Victoria TX
Posts: 615
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

Kozzy -

I've looked into the er9X firmware; I'm no stranger to flashing processors. I Even have a few MAX232 based TTL converters I've built over the years, and a SiLabs programming stick and an ATMEL programming shield from my development days. BUT... and this is a big but... I still don't understand enough about what I'm doing to figure out the mixing for the head, and from what I can understand reading the documentation, er9x DOESNOThave preprogrammed profiles for Heli or Elevon or V-Wing like the original firmware does.

ALSO... HK has recently stolen... err, borrowed that entire bit of kit from the er9x gang (It ISopen-source, after all) and incorporated it into a new update to the 9X called the 9XR with ubgraded gymbals, which includes the usual hacks we've been doing on the 9X - LiPo battery, backlight, modular antenna connection in the modular RF bay, Futaba &JRtrainer ports, as well as a pre-installed programming header and a modified er9x firmware. They're selling it with no RFmodule or RX for $50/$70 shipped; not a bad deal if you're already heavily invested in the er9x and/or SmartieParts ecosystem. If you're getting into it from startoff, you need to add $40-$60 for module &RX, $20 for the programming stick cuz HKNEVERhas it in stock, and $10-$20 for a LiPo or sacrifice a 1000-2200 mAH3S pack; it takes power off the balance connector to make that easy.

Once you get into THATkind of money, I'm looking at a Devo6S or 8S with the Deviation firmware... it's color touchscreen, plus it binds to a dozen different brands of
RX now just via firmware, no modules required. :P Oh, and your programming interface? The mini-USBcable that came with the radio.


http://www.deviationtx.com/


Oh, hey... how do you balance your motors?

On my 450-sized motors, I'll typically run a new motor for a pack or two to get the bearings nice & loose; then, since they have a shaft that's long enough to reach both bearings, I'll turn the stator around and use its own bearings as the head to balance against. I then mark the top side & tape bits of 1mm lead solder between the magnets at that location until I get no discernable heavy spot. I then weigh the lead, mix up 1/4 gram or so of epoxy, cut out an equivalent amount of the lead, and epoxy the lead in place where it was taped previously. After it cures, I can typically get it dead-on by adding a few drops of epoxy to or cutting away from that mass with a Dremel and diamond bits. This process is time-consuming, but usually necessary with even some of the best name brand motors.

I dunno how I'd do it on a motor with a short shaft or where the prop adapter is on the bell end, and I'm always looking for a better way of doing things.


mnem
*Slightly imbalanced*
mnemennth is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:49 AM
  #1012
Kozzy_98
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: SydneyNew South Wales, AUSTRALIA
Posts: 290
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

I will probably use mum's smartphone and place it on the arm of the quadcopter. I already know that there is an app that uses the accelerometer to display the vibrations. Then it will be a test of trial and error with some vinyl electric tape. Then I will statically balance my props. If that doesn't work (ie there is still jellos) I will use the app again, instead with the propeller attatched to it on a separate motor mount. (I have alot of DT750 mounts now )

I have seen videos of just spinning up the motor on a desk and listening to the vibrations, but I have tried that with the DT750s and I didn't really end up balancing them well...

That being said a way that seems nice is to use a flexible motor mount and a mirror and using a laser. Spin up the motor and shine the laser onto the mirror thats attatched to the flexible motor mount. No vibes = Dot on the wall, vibes = line on the wall.

Thing is, I haven't got a mirror that I can fit onto the arm, and I haven't got a laser pointer.

Plus, HK has given credit to the er9x developers, but they really did cause a stir when they left out the acknowledgements till a few days later after it was released...

That being said though, who can complain for a radio that costs $50 thats based on a radio that would cost $150 after the mods?
Kozzy_98 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 03:51 AM
  #1013
Kozzy_98
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: SydneyNew South Wales, AUSTRALIA
Posts: 290
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

Just a quick update...

So far I have balanced my motors. What is interesting is that the new ones produce very little vibrations where as the older motors that survived from the previous crash required balancing.

Even so, the worse motors produced little vibration. This means that I will need to balance my props as well as I can in order to reduce further vibration.

If the weather is good tomorrow morning I will take some onboard footage before and after I balance my props.

Also did some reading on the P,I and P/I gains for the quadcopter but I don't understand all of it. I will try one pot at a time until I get an oscillation or the quadcopter gets hard to control.
Kozzy_98 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 03:57 AM
  #1014
ahamay
Thread Starter
 
ahamay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Gold Coast, AUSTRALIA
Posts: 1,140
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III


Quote:
ORIGINAL: mnemennth


On my 450-sized motors, I'll typically run a new motor for a pack or two to get the bearings nice & loose; then, since they have a shaft that's long enough to reach both bearings, I'll turn the stator around and use its own bearings as the head to balance against. I then mark the top side & tape bits of 1mm lead solder between the magnets at that location until I get no discernable heavy spot. I then weigh the lead, mix up 1/4 gram or so of epoxy, cut out an equivalent amount of the lead, and epoxy the lead in place where it was taped previously. After it cures, I can typically get it dead-on by adding a few drops of epoxy to or cutting away from that mass with a Dremel and diamond bits. This process is time-consuming, but usually necessary with even some of the best name brand motors.

I dunno how I'd do it on a motor with a short shaft or where the prop adapter is on the bell end, and I'm always looking for a better way of doing things.

mnem
*Slightly imbalanced*
Wow, I'd probably buy a sailboat and go sailing with Brian before I went to that much trouble.

ahamay is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 04:30 AM
  #1015
rikybob
 
rikybob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Zellwood, FL
Posts: 4,400
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

Hiya Koz! Great viddy entro's! I enjoyed them very, very much! Rob was right, you're a nice young man and very industrious! The onboard viddy was great too! As for the "p" settings" I have read, read, and re read about them through the years and it's all Greek to me too! Many thanx for sharing!

@ Mnennenenne - I'm glad I take the time to read your posts thoroughly in that little gems that are relevant to me pop out at times. I've never liked Walkera as a whole in that I've always felt that they were all "form and no substance". Further, Phil who is now MIA from the forums was actually injured by their products in that QC is not their bigger suit. Still though I've been ashamed to say, even though their engineering sucks (why not just steal from other folk and stop making crappy helicopters) I'm ashamed to admit I like the "blingyness" of their products. I've even coveted their RTF Quads but didn't like the fact that I'd have to get another radio too (an expensive one at that) to enjoy their product. Hmmmmm? Now they are making a radio that will "do" Spektrum"?? Interesting. It's funny now b/c it doesn't do DSMX yet but it does DSM2! I've always thought the difference would be lost on my skill level anyhow! Just glanced at Walkers RTF Quads.....niiice blingy! Plus, I can get a radio that does all my models AND theirs too?? Naaaah, not right now!

@ Jonesy - You would be surprised at how nice it is to sail!

All the best!

b

EDIT: Drool > [link=http://www.helipal.com/product_info.php?&products_id=8914]Walkera Quad[/link]
rikybob is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:01 AM
  #1016
rikybob
 
rikybob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Zellwood, FL
Posts: 4,400
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

Da Fleet (sans the Nirvana class sailboat)!


b
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec88197.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	60.7 KB
ID:	1839849  
rikybob is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:24 PM
  #1017
mnemennth
 
mnemennth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Victoria TX
Posts: 615
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

Bob -

Most Walkera vendors offer an upgrade in the neighborhood of $30-50 for their bundles which will get you a Devo 6S or Devo 8S (Telemetry enabled) TXwhich will ALSOrun the open-source Deviation firmware. Makes that Storm Drone a little more enticing, I would think...

Jonesy -

It's not as drawn-out as it sounds; it's a good afternoon's bench work since I'll usually wait til I have 3 or 4 to do it, but it's no more tedious than stick-building a wing or fuse. And just as satisfying to me. :P

mnem
Don't git any on ya.
mnemennth is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:54 PM
  #1018
Edmund2
 
Edmund2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: PretoriaGauteng, SOUTH AFRICA
Posts: 708
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

In great anticipation on Saturday morning I started my PC at home to watch the videos posted last week, only to find big gaps on my screen where the videos are supposed to be, not even a little crossed out block I would sometimes get at work. Anybody with some advise as to why it would not display as I never had that problem before?  Did not try it later on the weekend again.

Then finished the todoos and took a drive to the club where I found only two die hards waiting for a lull in the wind as the windsocks were straight. Saw some great flying when they eventually took to the air but also noted the effect the wind had on their 700's. DId not even plug in my lipo on the 550E as my skillset would not have handled the changing wind. 

Had to settle for some indoor mcpx flying when I returned home.

Edmund
Edmund2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 03:08 AM
  #1019
rikybob
 
rikybob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Zellwood, FL
Posts: 4,400
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

Hiya Mnnmemenenenne - Me thinx I will sit and wait. I don't have the patience that Kozz and the like do to build a quad. I want to buy an ARF (at a decent price) down the road a piece that is fairly dumb a s s proof to fly and had the Fat Shark thing going so's I can fly around and violate a half dozen laws! I suspect I'm about a year or so away from one that does all that! In the mean time......

"....Come sail away, come sail away, come sail away with me ladd..."

Hiya Edmund! Dunno about the Youtube issue. Never heard of it! As for winds, yah when it gets up to 15kt at the field, i don't fly!

Work today, then off in the afternoon and will slip over to the lake and sail a bit. Funny, I was getting comfy with the range of the radios because I let the airboat get out about 75 yards. Then I heard a malfunction. Was able to limp in and found that the motor came loose from the mount. Grrrrrrr! almost cut a motor line in two and stranded me boat.

Closer inspection for that the picture in the HK Swamp Dawg advert incorrectly shows the motor mount orientation. It is backward! DOH!

Fun stuff and hope all your Mondays/Tuesdays are nice!

b
rikybob is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 01:55 PM
  #1020
ingleburn
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ingleburn, AUSTRALIA
Posts: 1,558
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III


Quote:
ORIGINAL: Edmund2

In great anticipation on Saturday morning I started my PC at home to watch the videos posted last week, only to find big gaps on my screen where the videos are supposed to be, not even a little crossed out block I would sometimes get at work. Anybody with some advise as to why it would not display as I never had that problem before? Did not try it later on the weekend again.

Then finished the todoos and took a drive to the club where I found only two die hards waiting for a lull in the wind as the windsocks were straight. Saw some great flying when they eventually took to the air but also noted the effect the wind had on their 700's. DId not even plug in my lipo on the 550E as my skillset would not have handled the changing wind.

Had to settle for some indoor mcpx flying when I returned home.

Edmund
Usually means that flash player has crashed. Closing it down and opening it up again usually fixes it but Im sure IT guru Jonesy will know a lot more than me.
Shame about the wind, its been like that here for the last day or two.

ingleburn is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 01:58 PM
  #1021
ingleburn
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ingleburn, AUSTRALIA
Posts: 1,558
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III


Quote:
ORIGINAL: rikybob

Hiya Mnnmemenenenne - Me thinx I will sit and wait. I don't have the patience that Kozz and the like do to build a quad. I want to buy an ARF (at a decent price) down the road a piece that is fairly dumb a s s proof to fly and had the Fat Shark thing going so's I can fly around and violate a half dozen laws! I suspect I'm about a year or so away from one that does all that! In the mean time......

"....Come sail away, come sail away, come sail away with me ladd..."

Hiya Edmund! Dunno about the Youtube issue. Never heard of it! As for winds, yah when it gets up to 15kt at the field, i don't fly!

Work today, then off in the afternoon and will slip over to the lake and sail a bit. Funny, I was getting comfy with the range of the radios because I let the airboat get out about 75 yards. Then I heard a malfunction. Was able to limp in and found that the motor came loose from the mount. Grrrrrrr! almost cut a motor line in two and stranded me boat.

Closer inspection for that the picture in the HK Swamp Dawg advert incorrectly shows the motor mount orientation. It is backward! DOH!

Fun stuff and hope all your Mondays/Tuesdays are nice!

b
Time for some loctite then Brian. No nice Tuesday for me. Back to work after 4 weeks off.

ingleburn is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 02:03 PM
  #1022
ahamay
Thread Starter
 
ahamay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Gold Coast, AUSTRALIA
Posts: 1,140
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III


Quote:
ORIGINAL: ingleburn


Quote:
ORIGINAL: Edmund2

In great anticipation on Saturday morning I started my PC at home to watch the videos posted last week, only to find big gaps on my screen where the videos are supposed to be, not even a little crossed out block I would sometimes get at work. Anybody with some advise as to why it would not display as I never had that problem before? Did not try it later on the weekend again.

Then finished the todoos and took a drive to the club where I found only two die hards waiting for a lull in the wind as the windsocks were straight. Saw some great flying when they eventually took to the air but also noted the effect the wind had on their 700's. DId not even plug in my lipo on the 550E as my skillset would not have handled the changing wind.

Had to settle for some indoor mcpx flying when I returned home.

Edmund
Usually means that flash player has crashed. Closing it down and opening it up again usually fixes it but Im sure IT guru Jonesy will know a lot more than me.
Shame about the wind, its been like that here for the last day or two.
Yeah upgrade your flash version or your browser may have disabled it. Google chrome is always a good browser to test to see if somethings broken in your main browser.



ahamay is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 02:23 PM
  #1023
ahamay
Thread Starter
 
ahamay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Gold Coast, AUSTRALIA
Posts: 1,140
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

Heads up for the AU guys, we've been smashed with spam and a trojan claiming to be from telstra.com billing yesterday and today. IT contains a zip file and the email looks word for work the same as the legit telstra email bill. Watch out for these. Legit telstra email bills have the PDF bill attached not a zip file with a trojan inside. None of the mainstream anti-virus products have updated signatures yet to detect this variant.

Jonesy
ahamay is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 02:56 PM
  #1024
rikybob
 
rikybob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Zellwood, FL
Posts: 4,400
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

Quote:
ORIGINAL: ingleburn


Quote:
ORIGINAL: rikybob

Hiya Mnnmemenenenne - Me thinx I will sit and wait. I don't have the patience that Kozz and the like do to build a quad. I want to buy an ARF (at a decent price) down the road a piece that is fairly dumb a s s proof to fly and had the Fat Shark thing going so's I can fly around and violate a half dozen laws! I suspect I'm about a year or so away from one that does all that! In the mean time......

''....Come sail away, come sail away, come sail away with me ladd...''

Hiya Edmund! Dunno about the Youtube issue. Never heard of it! As for winds, yah when it gets up to 15kt at the field, i don't fly!

Work today, then off in the afternoon and will slip over to the lake and sail a bit. Funny, I was getting comfy with the range of the radios because I let the airboat get out about 75 yards. Then I heard a malfunction. Was able to limp in and found that the motor came loose from the mount. Grrrrrrr! almost cut a motor line in two and stranded me boat.

Closer inspection for that the picture in the HK Swamp Dawg advert incorrectly shows the motor mount orientation. It is backward! DOH!

Fun stuff and hope all your Mondays/Tuesdays are nice!

b
Time for some loctite then Brian. No nice Tuesday for me. Back to work after 4 weeks off.[img][/img]


Hiya Ingleburn.

Yer prolly ready to got back to work?

Yeppers, I turned the mount around on the air boat and Loctited every thing!

Ran like a scalded dog!

What a nice way to blow an hour and a half!

Here's my new "HD" cam!

b

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1WCjrSLrUk&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]
[link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1WCjrSLrUk&feature=youtu.be]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1WCjrSLrUk&feature=youtu.be[/link]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1WCj...ature=youtu.be
rikybob is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 05:21 PM
  #1025
ingleburn
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ingleburn, AUSTRALIA
Posts: 1,558
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III


Quote:
ORIGINAL: ahamay

Heads up for the AU guys, we've been smashed with spam and a trojan claiming to be from telstra.com billing yesterday and today. IT contains a zip file and the email looks word for work the same as the legit telstra email bill. Watch out for these. Legit telstra email bills have the PDF bill attached not a zip file with a trojan inside. None of the mainstream anti-virus products have updated signatures yet to detect this variant.

Jonesy
Thanks for the heads up Jonesy. Havent seen it yet but will keep an eye out.

ingleburn is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 04:11 PM.