Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
Reload this Page >

HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

Community
Search
Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2013, 05:43 PM
ingleburn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

ORIGINAL: rikybob

ORIGINAL: ingleburn

Hiya Mnnmemenenenne - Me thinx I will sit and wait. I don't have the patience that Kozz and the like do to build a quad. I want to buy an ARF (at a decent price) down the road a piece that is fairly dumb a s s proof to fly and had the Fat Shark thing going so's I can fly around and violate a half dozen laws! I suspect I'm about a year or so away from one that does all that! In the mean time......

''....Come sail away, come sail away, come sail away with me ladd...''

Hiya Edmund! Dunno about the Youtube issue. Never heard of it! As for winds, yah when it gets up to 15kt at the field, i don't fly!

Work today, then off in the afternoon and will slip over to the lake and sail a bit. Funny, I was getting comfy with the range of the radios because I let the airboat get out about 75 yards. Then I heard a malfunction. Was able to limp in and found that the motor came loose from the mount. Grrrrrrr! almost cut a motor line in two and stranded me boat.

Closer inspection for that the picture in the HK Swamp Dawg advert incorrectly shows the motor mount orientation. It is backward! DOH!

Fun stuff and hope all your Mondays/Tuesdays are nice!

b
Time for some loctite then Brian. No nice Tuesday for me. Back to work after 4 weeks off.[img][/img]

Hiya Ingleburn.

Yer prolly ready to got back to work?

Yeppers, I turned the mount around on the air boat and Loctited every thing!

Ran like a scalded dog!

What a nice way to blow an hour and a half!

Here's my new "HD" cam!

b
Yeah sad as it seems I am ready to go back to work. Yesterday has been the first day that Ive paced around the house with no idea what to do.

Glad you got the air boat sorted out. Waiting to see some video of the scalded dog. Cam looks a treat, hope it aims better when on your head now.

Flew again this morning. Finally got game enough to try some flips. Dont know why I was worried. Video uploading at the moment.

Second last battery was nearly a disaster. Banked in to land and lost to much speed. Heli hit the ground at a 45 angle but luckily the blades popped it back on the skids and hit TH and somehow it didnt tip over.

Not 1 bit of damage which was amazing. No video of the crash but a post crash flight is uploading. Got a ringing sound that sounds like a bad bearing. Maybe someone can tell where its coming from.

It was there before the crash so not because of it.

Ok vids just finished so here they are.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaKVFHXksrM[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TSH6Vlmhq8[/youtube]

Old 01-15-2013, 03:47 PM
ahamay

Got out early this morning and did 7 packs between my two 450's. Have not flown for the last week or so and I've been doing some tinkering. Installed a new tail slider sleeve and bearings as the original one had started to develop some slop (cost about $5). Can you believe the TT tail shaft that the pitch slider slides on is wearing out.... I'll have to replace that next i think.

Swapped out the Turnigy plush 40 amp with the new one Igot (I did test the soft start on the bench before Iwent ahead with this) and it now works great like the other one. Swapping out he ESC is straight forward on the PRO but I had to remember how to sodder . XT60 and bullets for the motor. Interesting you can't get xt60 any more as it's been replaced with xt90, not sure if they are compatible...but they look bigger...anyone have the goods on this ?

As most of you know I've got zyx v1 with pre 3.5 and also a zyx-s with 3.5 loaded. I spend a bunch of time trying to work out why one heli felt better to fly than the other. Ironically it's the zyx v1 with the older firmware that feels best. I've stuffed around with the 3.5 to try and fix some bad habits it's got (not the pitch up bug) to no avail.

The one that was annoying me the most was the heli (with 3.5 fw) does not want to turn right when you have any speed on....The other heli with pre 3.5 is fine. Ingleburn has had this problem first hand as well and for the style of flying I do it annoys the heck out of me.

I've settled on some settings that make the two helis fly just about exactly the same (they are the same heli and electronics)..... and I've now ditched the 3.5 fw onthe zyx-s permanently and gone back to 3.02. This has elimenated the turning right problem completely.

The cyclic gain and tail gain Ihad to turn down a few % going back to pre 3.5 as well. They have definately done something to the way the gain works in 3.5 and how sensitive it is.

Jonesy

Old 01-15-2013, 04:13 PM
rikybob

ORIGINAL: ahamay

Got out early this morning and did 7 packs between my two 450's. Have not flown for the last week or so and I've been doing some tinkering. Installed a new tail slider sleeve and bearings as the original one had started to develop some slop (cost about $5). Can you believe the TT tail shaft that the pitch slider slides on is wearing out.... I'll have to replace that next i think.

Good on ya for flying 7 packs! I'm trying to do the same tomorrow! As far as wear on the stuff that spins in/on/ or around 11000 RPM, ya par for the course!

Swapped out the Turnigy plush 40 amp with the new one I got (I did test the soft start on the bench before I went ahead with this) and it now works great like the other one. Swapping out he ESC is straight forward on the PRO but I had to remember how to sodder [img][/img]. XT60 and bullets for the motor. Interesting you can't get xt60 any more as it's been replaced with xt90, not sure if they are compatible...but they look bigger...anyone have the goods on this ?

Sure don't re: XT60/90 but I DO know that the 60's occur elsewhere other than HK!

As most of you know I've got zyx v1 with pre 3.5 and also a zyx-s with 3.5 loaded. I spend a bunch of time trying to work out why one heli felt better to fly than the other. Ironically it's the zyx v1 with the older firmware that feels best. I've stuffed around with the 3.5 to try and fix some bad habits it's got (not the pitch up bug) to no avail.

Grrrrr!

The one that was annoying me the most was the heli (with 3.5 fw) does not want to turn right when you have any speed on....The other heli with pre 3.5 is fine. Ingleburn has had this problem first hand as well and for the style of flying I do it annoys the heck out of me.

<cough> (beastx clone) <cough, cough>

I've settled on some settings that make the two helis fly just about exactly the same (they are the same heli and electronics)..... and I've now ditched the 3.5 fw onthe zyx-s permanently and gone back to 3.02. This has elimenated the turning right problem completely.

The cyclic gain and tail gain I had to turn down a few % going back to pre 3.5 as well. They have definately done something to the way the gain works in 3.5 and how sensitive it is.

Jonesy

If you utilize the "fishbowl" measure of flying you aren't burdened with such issues!

Going to the field tomorrow and look forward to flyin' in the morning! Later in the day I look forward to sailin' in the afternoon!

Looks like "China post" is in receipt of my Gemini 600, I'm forkin' giddy with excitement!

All the best!

b
Old 01-15-2013, 04:55 PM
ingleburn

My shafts usually bend before they wear out.

Swapped out the Turnigy plush 40 amp with the new one Igot (I did test the soft start on the bench before Iwent ahead with this) and it now works great like the other one. Swapping out he ESC is straight forward on the PRO but I had to remember how to sodder . XT60 and bullets for the motor. Interesting you can't get xt60 any more as it's been replaced with xt90, not sure if they are compatible...but they look bigger...anyone have the goods on this ?
Luckily I have a few packs of XT60 in the box. My soldering has always been terrible.

Both mine are V1 with 3.5 and there great now. Or maybe its just me getting used to them.

I only had the problem with the 450V2. Both the Pros have been great. They still protest with right turns but thats to be expected.

The cyclic gain and tail gain Ihad to turn down a few % going back to pre 3.5 as well. They have definately done something to the way the gain works in 3.5 and how sensitive it is.
Yeah Ive noticed that I can run more gain using 3.5. But the Align servos on the HK Pro are garbage and can only get 32 on the gains but the inolabs on the Tarot can run on 45.

Jonesy

Where are you buying your parts from Jonesy? The tail on the HK Pro has heaps of slop so need to sort it out. I know all the usual stores in china and one in AU that sell Tarot but its a bit pricey. http://www.aust-rc-tech.com.au/galle...s%2B-%2B450Pro
They do refund postage if you buy multiple parts and great if you need something quick.

Old 01-15-2013, 05:01 PM
ingleburn

Woopsey.

<cough></cough>
Old 01-15-2013, 05:05 PM
ingleburn

<cough></cough>
Old 01-15-2013, 05:07 PM
ingleburn

Sorry guys, computer glitch.

@ Brian

So when are we going to see you in a full sized sail boat. Looking forward to seeing the gemini in action.

Have fun at the field tomorrow and if you use the new cam we might see the beast in action.
Old 01-15-2013, 05:25 PM
ahamay

My shafts usually bend before they wear out.

Luckily I have a few packs of XT60 in the box. My soldering has always been terrible.

Both mine are V1 with 3.5 and there great now. Or maybe its just me getting used to them.

I only had the problem with the 450V2. Both the Pros have been great. They still protest with right turns but thats to be expected.

Yeah Ive noticed that I can run more gain using 3.5. But the Align servos on the HK Pro are garbage and can only get 32 on the gains but the inolabs on the Tarot can run on 45.

Jonesy

Where are you buying your parts from Jonesy? The tail on the HK Pro has heaps of slop so need to sort it out. I know all the usual stores in china and one in AU that sell Tarot but its a bit pricey. http://www.aust-rc-tech.com.au/galle...s%2B-%2B450Pro
They do refund postage if you buy multiple parts and great if you need something quick.
Iordered a bunch of spares from oomodel when Ibought my kit, mainly crash kit type stuff shafts and gears etc, but touch wood I havnt had to use any of that stuff yet . The sleeve is the first part I've bought apart from some tail grip bearings both align from zeejays. Total cost about $10.

The small amount of slop that's been developing is from the bearngs in this part (pic below), which has the sleeve through it. When you consider I've done 150 plus flights and that part rotates at some crazy speed, I'm not surprised those bearings are worn out. This Align part is about $9 including the bearings or you can buy the bearings for about $4 and replace them in the plastic hub.

I did a lot of research on all these new fancy dual tail pitch slider setups and I can't justify the money. The align dual arm ones are like $40, and I've read reports from people that have upgraded that the slop returns after 20-30 flights so they are no better than the original.

If you get the tarot parts like the kit comes with, you can buy the whole hub bearngs and sleeve for about $4. I'm going to opt to spend $4 every 150 flights over any of these fancy new dual tail setups.

If your HK PRO is TT, I would just buy a whole tarot pro tail and then replace bits on that as it wears out.

The site you linked aust-rc-tech, I've purchased stuff from before. They include shipping on every item but will refund the shipping if you order multiple items.

Now that your skill level has incresed, you'll find that you don't crash as much and you can be more selective with your parts and what you have as you won't need to keep a bunch of spares all the time.

Jonesy

Old 01-15-2013, 05:39 PM
Kozzy_98

Not too happy today...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkBf6G5DhCA[/youtube]

Old 01-15-2013, 05:46 PM
rikybob

ORIGINAL: Kozzy_98

Not too happy today...

Viddy doesn't work.

Sorry about your luck!

b
Old 01-15-2013, 06:28 PM
ingleburn

Iordered a bunch of spares from oomodel when Ibought my kit, mainly crash kit type stuff shafts and gears etc, but touch wood I havnt had to use any of that stuff yet . The sleeve is the first part I've bought apart from some tail grip bearings both align from zeejays. Total cost about $10.

The small amount of slop that's been developing is from the bearngs in this part (pic below), which has the sleeve through it. When you consider I've done 150 plus flights and that part rotates at some crazy speed, I'm not surprised those bearings are worn out. This Align part is about $9 including the bearings or you can buy the bearings for about $4 and replace them in the plastic hub.

I did a lot of research on all these new fancy dual tail pitch slider setups and I can't justify the money. The align dual arm ones are like $40, and I've read reports from people that have upgraded that the slop returns after 20-30 flights so they are no better than the original.

If you get the tarot parts like the kit comes with, you can buy the whole hub bearngs and sleeve for about $4. I'm going to opt to spend $4 every 150 flights over any of these fancy new dual tail setups.

If your HK PRO is TT, I would just buy a whole tarot pro tail and then replace bits on that as it wears out.

The site you linked aust-rc-tech, I've purchased stuff from before. They include shipping on every item but will refund the shipping if you order multiple items.

Now that your skill level has incresed, you'll find that you don't crash as much and you can be more selective with your parts and what you have as you won't need to keep a bunch of spares all the time.

Jonesy

Yeah Ill probarbly go down that track. How do you remove the sleeve so you can change the hub? Looks like a press fit but dont want to damage anything.

Old 01-15-2013, 06:56 PM
ahamay

Jonesy

Yeah Ill probarbly go down that track. How do you remove the sleeve so you can change the hub? Looks like a press fit but dont want to damage anything.
135 screws into 140. The sleeve has a thread on the end and two flat spots on the head at the other end so you can screw it in with a shifter or I just use a pair of needle nose. Tarot have a tool just for this which I saw the other day pic below.

www.oomodel.com/tarot-tl242202-multifunctional-crab-claw-copper-sleeve-puller-p-64209.html

Old 01-16-2013, 03:16 AM
Kozzy_98

ATM I am just buying many parts of what I think will break

After my crash I went upto Bunnings Warehouse and bought 4x M4 Nylock nuts which should never ever come loose...

If I do have another accident with this quadcopter and the motors need replacing I will be getting these motors instead. I am quite fed up with the **** bearings and crappy construction of my last batch of DT750s.

Hopefully I will be able to take the quadcopter to the park sometime soon and attempt some Forward Flight, thats if I don't wreck it in my front yard again!
Old 01-16-2013, 04:09 AM
rikybob

ATM I am just buying many parts of what I think will break

After my crash I went upto Bunnings Warehouse and bought 4x M4 Nylock nuts which should never ever come loose...

If I do have another accident with this quadcopter and the motors need replacing I will be getting these motors instead. I am quite fed up with the **** bearings and crappy construction of my last batch of DT750s.

Hopefully I will be able to take the quadcopter to the park sometime soon and attempt some Forward Flight, thats if I don't wreck it in my front yard again!
Hiya Kozz!

"Enjoyed the viddy" and have had a similar struggle over time in that buying quality parts keep one from spending twice!

All the best and very cool project!

b
Old 01-16-2013, 04:15 AM
ingleburn

135 screws into 140. The sleeve has a thread on the end and two flat spots on the head at the other end so you can screw it in with a shifter or I just use a pair of needle nose. Tarot have a tool just for this which I saw the other day pic below.

www.oomodel.com/tarot-tl242202-multifunctional-crab-claw-copper-sleeve-puller-p-64209.html

I hope the ones in the Tarot are like that because the couple of HK ones in my spares box had no threads. Looked like the sleeve was crimped where it went into the arm.

Old 01-16-2013, 04:25 AM
ingleburn

Not too happy today...

As I was saying to my old pal Brian the other day, loctite is your friend.

Old 01-16-2013, 04:08 PM
rikybob

Oh Lord!

Sorry to drop this "3fer" on y'all!!

Feel free to doodle around and wash your dog, clean your house and wax your prop whilst enjoying my lengthy viddy!

b

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exAeSFqakVo[/youtube]

PS I've found that if I don't talk you you bizzzzaccchhhhesss on cam, I can't "divide my attention" and I don't fly as well. Damn you, damn you all!
Old 01-17-2013, 02:50 AM
ingleburn

Oh Lord!

Sorry to drop this "3fer" on y'all!!

Feel free to doodle around and wash your dog, clean your house and wax your prop whilst enjoying my lengthy viddy!

b

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exAeSFqakVo[/youtube

PS I've found that if I don't talk you you bizzzzaccchhhhesss on cam, I can't "divide my attention" and I don't fly as well. Damn you, damn you all!
Actually it was refreshing to see your heli in action. Hope you havent got a stiff neck from looking up.
The music on the last flight was drowned out by the motor so it was good to hear your voice again. And we dont mind being your bizzzaccchhhesss.

I mean what else are we going to do while cleaning toilets and doing the dishes.

Went for a drive today and checked out a new field. Had a great time enjoying the extra space.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzEAORJ6Ngs[/youtube]

Old 01-17-2013, 03:03 AM
rikybob

Oh Lord!

Sorry to drop this ''3fer'' on y'all!!

b

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exAeSFqakVo[/youtube

PS I've found that if I don't talk you you bizzzzaccchhhhesss on cam, I can't ''divide my attention'' and I don't fly as well. Damn you, damn you all!
Actually it was refreshing to see your heli in action. Hope you havent got a stiff neck from looking up.[img][/img]
The music on the last flight was drowned out by the motor so it was good to hear your voice again. And we dont mind being your bizzzaccchhhesss. [img][/img]

I mean what else are we going to do while cleaning toilets and doing the dishes.

Went for a drive today and checked out a new field. Had a great time enjoying the extra space.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzEAORJ6Ngs[/youtube]

Hiya Ingleburn!

Yah, while talking to you guys and flyin' I don't concentrate too hard! Six packs in all were flown yesterday for a total of 40 minutes of continuous flight! Speaking of cleaning toilets and doing the dishes, friends are coming in for the weekend so no real flyin or sailin' for me today or in the coming days!

I have got to get the house ready as wifey is working her butt off!

The new field looks GREAT and hope you have a nice time!

The question was posed to me yesterday about flying in different back grounds and if that caused me orientation issues and the short answer is "yes". I recall Simon's road trip to the south of England and him crashing right away for the same reason!

All the best!

Professional House Cleaner.......

Brian
Old 01-17-2013, 04:33 AM
Edmund2

Brian, my todoos referred to in my post of Monday was exactly the same house cleaning work after children and grandkids returned to their home. Great having them but just as great having a clean house, no toys and spills all over but man do I miis the little boy who came running to me every afternoon when I got home from work with arms streched out indicating "Grandpa Helicopter fly" (direct translation from Afrikaans).

You can not imagine how many times I had to pick him up so he could look at the 550. 

Anyhow you are not alone having to do those chores when the Mrs is working.

Edmund
Old 01-17-2013, 12:26 PM
ahamay

Well we knew it was going to happen, just wasn't sure if it was going to be the mcpx or the nano but Blade have announced their MCPX brushless version.

http://www.bladehelis.com/Products/D...ProdId=BLH3980

Old 01-17-2013, 02:23 PM
mnemennth

MISERABLESPITZENSPARTINFILLIBARTIN'FRICK&FRACKIN'RATZENFRATZENUGLYMUDSUCKIN'TOEJAMLICKIN'MONKEYFLIPPIN'3-TOEDHOSE-GOBLIN FORUM SERVER ANYHOW!

Ate my monster post, gave me some BS "I'm sorry, we're too busy SUCKING right now to put up your message, have a nice day!"
server error page, and then deleted my browser's cache of the "Reply To" page so I couldn't get it back. grrr.

*KIX RC Universe.com in the 'nads*

KEEP YOUR FILTHY JAVASCRIPT OFF MY BROWSER'S CONFIGURATION!

Now where was I...

Ingleburn -

Yeah, the threaded sleeve was the original Align design; one of the first thing that went bye-bye with the clone invasion and cheapo parts. I'm certain there are many heli pilots who don't even know that's how it's supposed to be made.

The one that came on my HK450GT was made the el-cheapo way; only they forgot to swage the sleeve and it came apart on my bench while I was trying to
set up the Gyro. The spare I bought along with had the slider/yoke drilled off-center, resulting in unequal tailrotor blade pitch; so I wound up putting the original back together with Locktite Red while I waited for a new one ordered from DamifiCanRememberWhere.

Jonesy -

That tool is a nice bit of useful; a lot of functionality for only $6. *Ticks off a new box in the ol' mental "To Get List"*

I just acquired this little gem from a local pawn shop for only $10:

Hausler 450 Rebuild update:

Well after 2 weekends' work, we finally got it flying right; there's almost NOTHING LEFT that isn't new & I learned a LOT about Bell-Hiller mechanics. I've long used Finless Bob's "2 hex drivers through the grips" method for setting zero pitch; now I understand what he meant when he said "It's best to use a flybar lock, but you can usually get it flyable by eye". I wound up making a new tool:

I
t started out as a grip lock I made long ago; the thumbscrews were borrowed from a couple of blade balancers, so the only actual fabbing I had to do was grind the V-notches in the screw heads with a cutoff wheel in my Dremel. Here it is set up on my HKGT450:

Getting the flybar level is simple, as long as you throw out the idea of LEVEL: You don't CARE about level, you care about the flybar being 90
° off of the mainshaft. So, you measure from the bench to the flybar, then, without letting the ruler move, rotate the head 180° and measure to the same spot on the other side of the flybar. As long as the flybar is straight it doesn't matter if the heli is perfectly level; it doesn't even matter if the flybar lock is perfectly straight.

With this arrangement, I was finally able to get the new BLEEPINGBLEEPITY-BLEEP! head with unadjustable upper links set up so that blade grip tracking was right with zero pitch where it should be on the sticks; then it was just one turn of one link to get blade tracking
dead on. Damned thing is running smoother now than it did out of the box. Now to apply this new-found knowledge to my 450GT...

Jonesy -

Yeah, I read about Blade releasing a brushless mCPX on RC Groups; my immediate reaction was like "Ummm... okay. And why is this news?Wow! Hobbies has been selling this for years..." I guess the big deal is... they don't use (HISSSS!) Walkera parts to make it! LOL!

mnem
Hasta lasagna, don't git any on ya.

I hope the ones in the Tarot are like that because the couple of HK ones in my spares box had no threads. Looked like the sleeve was crimped where it went into the arm.
Old 01-17-2013, 05:13 PM
ahamay

ORIGINAL: mnemennth

MISERABLESPITZENSPARTINFILLIBARTIN'FRICK&FRACKIN'RATZENFRATZENUGLYMUDSUCKIN'TOEJAMLICKIN'MONKEYFLIPPIN'3-TOEDHOSE-GOBLIN FORUM SERVER ANYHOW!
Ctrl+A then Ctrl+C before you hit the GO button........ this will save you from a number of choice words when the server craps out which happens about 1 out of every 5 posts with me.

Old 01-17-2013, 05:21 PM
rikybob

Ate my monster post, gave me some BS ''I'm sorry, we're too busy SUCKING right now to put up your message, have a nice day!''
server error page, and then deleted my browser's cache of the ''Reply To'' page so I couldn't get it back. grrr.

*KIX RC Universe.com in the 'nads*

KEEP YOUR FILTHY JAVASCRIPT OFF MY BROWSER'S CONFIGURATION! [img][/img]

Now where was I...

Ingleburn -

Yeah, the threaded sleeve was the original Align design; one of the first thing that went bye-bye with the clone invasion and cheapo parts. I'm certain there are many heli pilots who don't even know that's how it's supposed to be made.

The one that came on my HK450GT was made the el-cheapo way; only they forgot to swage the sleeve and it came apart on my bench while I was trying to
set up the Gyro. The spare I bought along with had the slider/yoke drilled off-center, resulting in unequal tailrotor blade pitch; so I wound up putting the original back together with Locktite Red while I waited for a new one ordered from DamifiCanRememberWhere.

Jonesy -

That tool is a nice bit of useful; a lot of functionality for only $6. *Ticks off a new box in the ol' mental ''To Get List''*

I just acquired this little gem from a local pawn shop for only $10: [img][/img]

Hausler 450 Rebuild update:

Well after 2 weekends' work, we finally got it flying right; there's almost NOTHING LEFT that isn't new & I learned a LOT about Bell-Hiller mechanics. I've long used Finless Bob's ''2 hex drivers through the grips'' method for setting zero pitch; now I understand what he meant when he said ''It's best to use a flybar lock, but you can usually get it flyable by eye''. I wound up making a new tool:

I
t started out as a grip lock I made long ago; the thumbscrews were borrowed from a couple of blade balancers, so the only actual fabbing I had to do was grind the V-notches in the screw heads with a cutoff wheel in my Dremel. Here it is set up on my HK GT450:

Getting the flybar level is simple, as long as you throw out the idea of LEVEL: You don't CARE about level, you care about the flybar being 90
° off of the mainshaft. So, you measure from the bench to the flybar, then, without letting the ruler move, rotate the head 180° and measure to the same spot on the other side of the flybar. As long as the flybar is straight it doesn't matter if the heli is perfectly level; it doesn't even matter if the flybar lock is perfectly straight. [img][/img]

With this arrangement, I was finally able to get the new BLEEPING BLEEPITY-BLEEP! head with unadjustable upper links set up so that blade grip tracking was right with zero pitch where it should be on the sticks; then it was just one turn of one link to get blade tracking
dead on. Damned thing is running smoother now than it did out of the box. Now to apply this new-found knowledge to my 450GT... [img][/img]

Jonesy -

Yeah, I read about Blade releasing a brushless mCPX on RC Groups; my immediate reaction was like ''Ummm... okay. And why is this news? Wow! Hobbies has been selling this for years...'' I guess the big deal is... they don't use (HISSSS!) Walkera parts to make it! [img][/img] LOL!

mnem
Hasta lasagna, don't git any on ya.

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]
http://www.oomodel.com/tarot-tl24220...r-p-64209.html

Hiya Mnmememe!

I use Mozilla Firefox and when the miserable RC Universe web site times out. I just hit "back" and my junk is still here!

b

PS What's a "flybar"?
Old 01-17-2013, 07:25 PM
ahamay

Jonesy -

Yeah, I read about Blade releasing a brushless mCPX on RC Groups; my immediate reaction was like "Ummm... okay. And why is this news?Wow! Hobbies has been selling this for years..." I guess the big deal is... they don't use (HISSSS!) Walkera parts to make it! LOL!

Ijust found out this is a complete new heli...the only thing that's the same as the mcpx is the main gear and servo linkages.....the rest are all redesigned new parts. They sure know how to bend you over when it comes to parts.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.