Had an interesting day today. This morning I flew 9 packs with the HK450 Pro. Tail worked great once I set it up in rate mode. Had to turn the link in 3 turns to get it right but once it was set it flew great.
Piros were a bit bouncy so will read up and do a bit of tuning on the software. Almost ready to try inverted, maybe tomorrow.
Did 3 packs with the MCPX and it was acting up. One minute it was flying great, the next it would go crazy and hit the deck.
Got it home and took a look and found one of the servos was locking up. Pulled it apart and everything looked ok but when I was puting it back together noticed a small piece of grit was wedged in one of the gears.
Removed it and installed it back in but when I connected the battery the servo went full deflection one way then stalled and went full deflection the other way.
Pulled the servo again and noticed it was hot.
Thinking the servo was toast I grabbed one out of the old MCPX and put it on but this time the heli kept on losing bind and would work for a while then shut down.
Think the dud servo must have fried the board because I replaced it with the board out of the old one and now everythings working perfectly.
To bad its a V1 board in a V2 MCPX.
Next I decided to put a new motor in the Nano because its been losing power lately.
As I was unplugging the servo wires from the board the elevator connector popped straight out of the board.
What is it with me and boards today.
With nothing to lose I got the soldering iron out had a go at resoldering it. Boy those pins are small and close together.
Any way put it all back together and it still works so I must have got real lucky. Good to have the Nano back at full power again.
Sorry about the long post but its been one of those days.
I noticed that ZeeJays will have the MCPX BL in stock next week so if anything else goes wrong I might order one and chuck everything else in the bin.