Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 44 of 80 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast
Results 1,076 to 1,100 of 1986

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

ORIGINAL: ahamay

Howdy all, firstly happy Australia Day for us Aussies..... the east coast of QLD is dealing with the left overs of a tropical cyclone and we are expecing 500-700mm of rain over the next few days so no flying this long weekend.

Thought Iwould post this as some of you might gets a heads up or not be aware of this information. It's regarding the tail grip bearings on the align 450 and most clones that have directly copied the Align design. Basically there is a design flaw that may arise and it's not only a safety issue it will cause your heli to fall form the sky.

Now with me being all safety conscious and all I've delt with the issue by replacing (on order at the momnet) the tail grips and bearings on both my 450 pro's.

The issue -> if you checkout the image below which I found somewhere you'll see that the tail grip has two bearings with a brass spacer and the screw that holds the grip on. So basically the only thing that's holding the grip on is the outer case of the bearing. If this bearing fails and seperates then your grip is going to be ejected and that's one little sucker you don't want to get hit with. You'll see the inner sleeve of the bearing and the screw are still attached and the outer bearing and grip are gonskey.

The solution to this is quite obvious and that's to have a thrust bearing setup just like you have with the main blade grips. Tarot have has this available in the tail for a while now and is what is going on mine when they arrive next week.

Funny enough Align have just announced their thrust bearing upgraded tail.

So for those that have the old design, then replacing your tail grip bearings on a regular basis is mandatory. Another good tip also is to never stand directly behind your heli when you spool it up on the ground...always have the tail off at an angle so if something like the tail grip does seperate it's not going kill you.

Here are the pics of a failed bearing, the Tarot thrust tail and the new Align thrust tail.

Yeah Ive seen that photo. Not nice at all. The way you throw your heli around I would definately get some new ones on.
    You stay safe up there. Havent watched much news lately but know its bad up your way.
    Had a great Australia Day today. Went on a ride with my club and a few friends. Nice ride and great company. Very warm day now back home, a swim, a few drinks and time to watch the cricket.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Us53477.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	178.9 KB 
ID:	1844385   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dy80297.jpg 
Size:	183.8 KB 
ID:	1844386  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

That photo looks quite nasty. Are those metal filings the remains of the bearing??

I never knew you ride a motorcycle Ingleburn

Spend the whole morning on the helicopters today. Fixed the slop in the feathering shaft region and it tracks absolutely perfectly.

Also rebuilt my Beast helicopter and replaced the HK401b Gyro with a Dectrum GY48V. I think they are both the same gyro but the HK401b is the new edition and its crap.

Also changed the tail servo from a HXT900 to a HK15158A digital servo. Seems to be working nice so far.

In the afternoon the wind came and there were lots of gusts that were quite fast. I tried to fly in between the gusts but I had to pay lots of attention to the helicopter as it would pitch up and down and move around heaps. Was great fun and there were no crashes!

Happy Australia day to all.
    Helis: HK450GT - Typhoon 2215+Spektrum AR6200X, HK450G/MT - Typhoon 2218+Orange6chRX, MCPX

Transmitter: Spektrum DX6i

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

HIya kidz!

Almost done with me build.

..and I thought helicopters were a tight space to work???

b

PS Happy Australia Day!

Name:	Hf97602.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	103.5 KB 
ID:	1844432  
    FrSky Taranis (rev B) w/ Spektrum Module/ Spektrum DX7/ Align 500CF FBL w/ FU-BAR Gyro / Blade MCP X Brushless Mod / Red and Blue Nirvana II one meter sail boats / HobbyKing "Swamp Dawg" / Slow Stick / HK Firefly Q450 Quad w/ HK Mega FC board / Durafly T-28 / H/H Icon - A5 X 2.5/ E Flite Piper L-4/ Parkzone UM T-28 / HK Fox Glider / Fat Shark Attitudes FPV Goggles / Mobius Actioncam / Teksumo /1200mm Popwing/ SFFD Fire boat / QAV250 FPV (Afromini!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi Guy's,

Just checking back in after taking a little break from the hobby. A little vid to share:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAf5SjE-8Bw[/youtube]

I see I have a little catching up to do

Best to all

Simon
    FBL FTW!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: sgbfly

Β*Hi Guy's,

Just checking back in after taking a little break from the hobby. Β*A little vid to share:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAf5SjE-8Bw[/youtube]

I see I have a little catching up to doΒ*[img][/img]

Best to all

SimonΒ*[img][/img]
    Hiya Simon!

Thanx for checking in and please let Bob know that his pal which of whom he's never met, gives his best!

Bob's awesome!

Lovely flying atmosphere BTW!

b
    FrSky Taranis (rev B) w/ Spektrum Module/ Spektrum DX7/ Align 500CF FBL w/ FU-BAR Gyro / Blade MCP X Brushless Mod / Red and Blue Nirvana II one meter sail boats / HobbyKing "Swamp Dawg" / Slow Stick / HK Firefly Q450 Quad w/ HK Mega FC board / Durafly T-28 / H/H Icon - A5 X 2.5/ E Flite Piper L-4/ Parkzone UM T-28 / HK Fox Glider / Fat Shark Attitudes FPV Goggles / Mobius Actioncam / Teksumo /1200mm Popwing/ SFFD Fire boat / QAV250 FPV (Afromini!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

@ Kozzy. Glad you got got the helis sorted. A HXT900 as a tail servo. Think anything would be better than that. If the wind where you are was anything like it was here your a game man for trying to fly. It was almost knocking me off my bike and it weighs 350Kg

@ Brian. The Gemini is looking good. Looks like the maiden isnt far off.

@ Simon. As I commented on YT Ive seen Bob in a few of your videos and I hope he is on the mend. BTW how old is Polly?

@ All. Well the time has almost come to make a decision on whether to bite the bullet and get a MCPX BL or cough up $70 on a new board for the old one.
    First reports say that the BL has issues with the tail wagging unless you are doing crazy 3D with it. Might pay to keep an eye on the forums before I make up my mind.
    I really should spend more time with the Nano. Not really liking it but maybe it will grow on me.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Towards the end of the day the gusts were way to big @ around 6PM

However it was raining all of today and last night so no flying!
    Helis: HK450GT - Typhoon 2215+Spektrum AR6200X, HK450G/MT - Typhoon 2218+Orange6chRX, MCPX

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hiya ingleburn!

I'd "sit" on just about ANY of Horizon Hobbies newest until they sort their issues. In the mean time have you seen the HK500???

You could be ALL up for about the same price as one of the BL units!!

b

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: rikybob

Hiya ingleburn!

I'd "sit" on just about ANY of Horizon Hobbies newest until they sort their issues. In the mean time have you seen the HK500???

b
    +1

Carl Goldberg Ultimate 10-300 Brotherhood. #23

Landing is one aerobatic maneuver that MUST be mastered!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hope you Sydney boys are bracing for some wild weather. We've just come out the otherside of it ok, but the flooding will still be another day or so away. Stay safe.
    Tarot 500 FBL ZYX-S, Tarot 450 PRO V2 FBL ZYX , Tarot 450 PRO V2 FBL ZYX-S , MCPx V2, Nano CPx, Q450 Quad (APM 2.5), AXN Floater Jet, Tek Sumo Flying Wing

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hope you Sydney boys are bracing for some wild weather. We've just come out the otherside of it ok, but the flooding will still be another day or so away. Stay safe.
    Yeah its pouring here now but the worst is expected later. Hope you are ok up there. Looks like your field might be a lake again?
    Got a couple of friends up your way and there flights have been cancelled. Might be better they stay there anyway rather than to fly home into this.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Just saw this on the news. Some people need shooting. Its hard enough for emergency workers as it is without idiots trying to make more work for them.

www.facebook.com/video/video.php

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: pushinoldrc

Hiya ingleburn!

b
    +1

Yeah I am just sitting hear watching what happens. More reports coming in that say the wag isnt that bad.
    Im happy with the 2 450 pros at the moment so a 500 isnt in the picture for now.
    Just need something small to practise with and the Nano isnt working out and the MCPX looses it if you arent careful with the collective.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi all, spent a fair amount of time on sim on Saturday, had my fair share of crashes with it but I am getting the hang of it there. Even did some wild 3D flying that some of you may consider a run of the mill flight. Then took some heli's to the RC club and did come back with everything not needing any repairs. Left the 550 at home but did flya 35mhz Belt CP2 I had only flown once before.

Watched a TREX500 hitting the dirt and for the first time saw 2 realHK450's, having only seen it on the forum posts. One with flybar the other without.Flew very smoothly until the pilot decided to get down fast and flew the flybarred one into the ground brakingthe skids off.Surprisingly he lifted it off again and landed it without skids on the helipad.

We eventually had some rain last night so hopefully we will not be testing the 40C temperatures today.

Keep flying!!!

Edmund
    Esky Belt CP V2, Esky Belt CP V2 CX, BIG Lama, Ultimate Big Lama, Lama 4, DX6i, Align TREX 550E, Blade mCPX

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yah the rain has been pouring down all day today.

That didn't stop me from having a small test hover of the #1 helicopter in the garage today!

Also I will be back at school from tomorrow onwards

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Can you believe this...... back to work today after a massive weather event all long weekend....and I've woken to clear blue sky, sunshine and not a breath of wind. That's just cruel....

Tarot 500 FBL ZYX-S, Tarot 450 PRO V2 FBL ZYX , Tarot 450 PRO V2 FBL ZYX-S , MCPx V2, Nano CPx, Q450 Quad (APM 2.5), AXN Floater Jet, Tek Sumo Flying Wing

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thats just cruel and unusual punishment!!!!!!
    Those weathermen!!! I think they do it on purpose!
    They punish us here in the states as well, the weather here has been great while i am at the old slave farm,
    Get a weekend rain, snow , wind or honey do's will we ever get a break!
    I NEED A VACATION.
    Or it is just Ga in the winter.
    Happy flyingHugh

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Can you believe this...... back to work today after a massive weather event all long weekend....and I've woken to clear blue sky, sunshine and not a breath of wind. That's just cruel....

Yes it is cruel. Guess your field would have been to flooded to get a flight in before work anyway.
    Storm passed us without any dramas. Its sad seeing all the people up there being affected again so soon after the last floods.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Glad your ugly Wx has passed there Aussies!!

I maidened the boat today and it performed exactly how I thought it would.

In essence it is a 10 kt boat. It sailed wonderfully but as the wind increased to 15 knots and when I turned laterally to the wind and waves it simply rolled over.

I walked over, poured out the 4 oz of water and took her home to wifeys blow dryer!

This boat will be used on more calm winds i.e. morning and evening cruises.

I give it a 4 out of 5 stars!

b

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61TJgboy1Gg[/youtube]

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ummm the Aussies get a little Wx and the thread dies??[:@]

Sissys, surrounded by SISSY'S!!

I've been getting into boats a bunch (DUH?) and I bought the below off of Craigslist and it came with a vintage, in perfect condition OS MAX .61 airplane motor that I intend to "Fleabay" unless one of the brothers on the forum wants it for a "deal"?

The boat is a Dumas BIG Swamp Buggy but is in reality an air boat. A BIG UN!

I'm converting it to electric with a .60 size HK outrunner and an 80 amp esc!

My Align 500 batteries will power the beast to high speeds!

The hull of the boat however does NOT look like the picture below and I'm gonna need wood working 101 to make it purdy!

All the best!

b

Name:	Vt56077.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	50.7 KB 
ID:	1846330   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lg17520.jpg 
Size:	116.0 KB 
ID:	1846331  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Interesting purchase mate!

That's a nice engine too. OS engines are highly regarded afaik

wx not great here either. Now the snows gone it's galesso the heli fleet remains grounded.

Simon
    FBL FTW!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: sgbfly

Interesting purchase mate!

That's a nice engine too. Β*OS engines are highly regarded afaik [img][/img]

wx not great here either. Β*Now the snows gone it's galesΒ*so the heli fleet remains grounded.

SimonΒ*[img][/img]

Hiya Simon!

A cool boat it is!

Actually I found these that make me drool but I hazzard to guess what they run!

I have never used Nitro with the exception of small engines back in the day and they were obnoxious then and I suspect obnoxious now!

I actually have just about everything but the fuel to run the thing but for 80bux USD our good friends at HK will eliminate all that muss and fuss!

A .60 size direct analogy and the plush 80amp will do nicely I'm sure!

Not I just need to learn wood working! DOH!

b

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I've been getting into boats a bunch (DUH?) and I bought the below off of Craigslist and it came with a vintage, in perfect condition OS MAX .61 airplane motor that I intend to "Fleabay" unless one of the brothers on the forum wants it for a "deal"?

The hull of the boat however does NOT look like the picture below and I'm gonna need wood working 101 to make it purdy!

All the best!

b
    Talk about a sissy. Leave it nitro and let it scream. Dont supose the guy that built your fence can adapt to something smaller and fix the hull.

Nice weather has returned here but bought the wind with it. Hopefully get out with the 450 tomorrow before work.

Both small helis are waiting for parts. The Nano a new board hopefully under warranty and the MCPX a new MH swash as Im sick of breaking the plastic ones.

So far resisted a BL MCPX but for how much longer I dont know.

Been keeping an eye on your sail boat forum. Boy they eat a lot of popcorn. Got to laugh at the helis they are looking into. To bad they dont seem to like taking your advice. Oh well one day they will take the blinkers off.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: ingleburn

I've been getting into boats a bunch (DUH?) and I bought the below off of Craigslist and it came with a vintage, in perfect condition OS MAX .61 airplane motor that I intend to ''Fleabay'' unless one of the brothers on the forum wants it for a ''deal''?

All the best!

b
    Talk about a sissy. Leave it nitro and let it scream.[img][/img]Β* Dont supose the guy that built your fence can adapt to something smaller and fix the hull.

Nice weather has returned here but bought the wind with it. Hopefully get out with the 450 tomorrow before work.

Both small helis are waiting for parts. The Nano a new board hopefully under warranty and the MCPX a new MH swash as Im sick of breaking the plastic ones.

So far resisted a BL MCPX but for how much longer I dont know.

Been keeping an eye on your sail boat forum. Boy they eat a lot of popcorn.[img][/img]Β* Got to laugh at the helis they are looking into. To bad they dont seem to like taking your advice. Oh well one day they will take the blinkers off.

You got that right! Yah, I kinda laughed about your snobby noise ordinances down under but alas, the lady that gives me access to her beach would NOT want to hear that loud B T C H hauling around her pond!!!

In lieu of I got THIS and THIS! (HK site is down)

No muss, no fuss!

The actual muss and fuss is HERE as I have to re-do the hull!

As for the other forum, the character "Boomer" is really nice and PM'd me some very helpful info! Shame others aren't as pleasant but know this. These are predominantly a bunch of old codgers! Yah, the are rich (many of them) too! In the back ground of one guys piccy at his house is a freakin' ROCK STAR BUS RV! Yet they work HARD to be cheap as hell (kind of folks after my own heart now that I think about it!)!

If you ain't careful yer gonna have a huge fleet-o-little helicopters!!

b

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

You got that right! Yah, I kinda laughed about your snobby noise ordinances down under but alas, the lady that gives me access to her beach would NOT want to hear that loud B T C H hauling around her pond!!!

In lieu of I got THIS and THIS! (HK site is down)

No muss, no fuss!

The actual muss and fuss is HERE as I have to re-do the hull!

As for the other forum, the character "Boomer" is really nice and PM'd me some very helpful info! Shame others aren't as pleasant but know this. These are predominantly a bunch of old codgers! Yah, the are rich (many of them) too! In the back ground of one guys piccy at his house is a freakin' ROCK STAR BUS RV! Yet they work HARD to be cheap as hell (kind of folks after my own heart now that I think about it!)!

If you ain't careful yer gonna have a huge fleet-o-little helicopters!!

b

I hear you regards the noise. Years ago I had a nitro car when I was in the Army. I got permission to use the parade ground but only on weekends.

As the barracks were right next to it you can guess how popular I was running that thing around at 7 in the morning. Lets just say after a few floggings I stopped using it till after lunch time.

Looking forward to seeing it tearing up the pond.

Im being careful not to jump into another small heli but if Rob, Jonesy or Phil gets one and starts spruiking there worth then Im afraid Im gone.

Wonder if the HK site is down for Chinese new year? Might be a pain to get stuff this time of year.

Page 44 of 80 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast