Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
Reload this Page >

HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

Old 02-18-2013, 11:15 AM
sgbfly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

Hi Guys,

I enjoyed catching up just now!

I nearly did not go to the field today as I was a little off colour. Anyway, I'm glad I did as the video worked out a treat!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mu0o4lZ6Z1c[/youtube]

Best to all!

Simon
Old 02-18-2013, 02:40 PM
rikybob

ORIGINAL: sgbfly

Hi Guys,

I enjoyed catching up just now!

I nearly did not go to the field today as I was a little off colour. Anyway, I'm glad I did as the video worked out a treat! [img][/img]

Best to all!

Simon [img][/img]

Hiya Simon!

Glad you caught up and shared another viddy!

I secretly hope you whack one of them one day.

Had a really nice weekend at a B & B with the wifey!

Just over the Florida/Georgia border is the sea town of St. Marys. Just off of the coast lies Cumberland Island whose big claim to fame is the mansions that rich eastern industrialist build and inhabited in the late 1800's and 1900's.

The area is designated a "National Seashore" and 93% of it is owned by the Department of Interior rendering the island a beautiful park!

A well needed respite of which my wife needed!

Today is a public holiday and I will be back at the "grind" tomorrow!

I hope to make time this week to finish my Dumas Big Swamp Buggy as I sorely need to fix the fail safe and make a throttle hold for the beast. When I plug the battery in below deck (directly under the prop) it can't lie to to. It's PHREAKIN' unnerving!

All the best!

b

Old 02-21-2013, 03:46 PM
rikybob

Hiya Kidz!

It's phreakin' dead around here!

Flew my 500 today as it has been some weeks. I filmed the event and had really snappy repartee' but tragically, the camera didn't film![:@]

I figured out my steering problem on my Dumas BSB! It was operator failure. I forgot to flip the dip switch to analog for my analog servo! DOH!!

I ran the little devil around the yard and it performed masterfully! Funny thing is, is when it spun around wildly I didn't wreck it. When it ran right, i popped the front end ever so slightly. DOH![:@]

No appreciable damage but I think I will re purpose some hose and make a "rub rail" for the front!

I look forward to water testing the beast Sunday and a decent viddy to come!

All the best!

b

Old 02-21-2013, 05:15 PM
ingleburn

ORIGINAL: rikybob

Hiya Kidz!

Flew my 500 today as it has been some weeks. I filmed the event and had really snappy repartee' but tragically, the camera didn't film![:@]

I figured out my steering problem on my Dumas BSB! It was operator failure. I forgot to flip the dip switch to analog for my analog servo! DOH!!

I ran the little devil around the yard and it performed masterfully! Funny thing is, is when it spun around wildly I didn't wreck it. When it ran right, i popped the front end ever so slightly. DOH![:@]

No appreciable damage but I think I will re purpose some hose and make a "rub rail" for the front!

All the best!

b

Yeah it has been dead around here. A Brian video would have been nice but better luck next time.
Save that boat for the water before you trash it on land. Maybe you should have got a car.

Just got back from working away but working all this weekend on another job.
Did have a blast flying all my small stuff indoors but didnt take any video. Next week we are back there so will try to get some then.
Jonesy has been very quiet lately so hope everything is ok with him.
Hope you all have a great weekend. Think of me slaving away and hope you get some flying in.

Old 02-22-2013, 04:15 AM
rikybob

ORIGINAL: ingleburn

Hiya Kidz!

No appreciable damage but I think I will re purpose some hose and make a ''rub rail'' for the front!

All the best!

b

Yeah it has been dead around here. A Brian video would have been nice but better luck next time.
Save that boat for the water before you trash it on land. Maybe you should have got a car.[img][/img]

Just got back from working away but working all this weekend on another job.[img][/img]
Did have a blast flying all my small stuff indoors but didnt take any video. Next week we are back there so will try to get some then.
Jonesy has been very quiet lately so hope everything is ok with him.
Hope you all have a great weekend. Think of me slaving away and hope you get some flying in.

Hiya Ingleburn!

My weekend starts in 6 hours, then a 3.5 hour drive then fun for 48 hours!

Sorry to hear you have to wrk the wekend!

As for Jonesy, it's the dreaded "Daddy disease" I'm afraid!

It's a "time consuming" disease many have known!

All the best!

b
Old 02-22-2013, 12:37 PM
Kozzy_98

Hi everyone,

Was hoping to get some flying in this weekend but it has been raining all of last night and doesn't look like its going to stop!

Wrist has healed nicely and a couple of days ago I flew one of the 450s out the front yard. When ever I apply full collective after a mild descent, the headspeed slows a bit which is normal, but then the helicopter starts to turn to the left and I cannot apply right rudder to correct this. Is it a gyro problem? The gain is at %80 which seems a bit high. Maybe it is too low of a headspeed to begin with?
Old 02-25-2013, 05:21 PM
rikybob

Hi kidz!

I hope you are doing something fun!

Here is the fruits of my labor of late!

b

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l12QLxWGrdU[/youtube]
Old 02-26-2013, 01:56 PM
hugj
My Feedback: (7)

Love It fast buggie. and handels great.
Rain and more rain up here.
My brother sent me his super cub fomie that he got a few years agao and never flew.
I put it up in the yard and the field sunday the thing flys great for only having a rudder and elevator.
I ordered two more batts. for it. I love the simple flying no worrys!
I would not have thaught to put a gyro on a boat but it makes sense. much more stable.
Happy flying and boating to everyone Hugh
Old 02-26-2013, 02:40 PM
rikybob

ORIGINAL: hugj

Love It fast buggie. and handels great.
Rain and more rain up here.
My brother sent me his super cub fomie that he got a few years agao and never flew.
I put it up in the yard and the field sunday the thing flys great for only having a rudder and elevator.
I ordered two more batts. for it. I love the simple flying no worrys!
I would not have thaught to put a gyro on a boat but it makes sense. much more stable.
Happy flying and boating to everyone Hugh
Hiya Hugh!

Glad you got that cub and put it to use! I can't stand stuff laying around!!

Yah, the air boat is fun as hell!

Putting a gyro on the tail was a tip from a friend who built one of these similarly. The boat would be too squirreley otherwise!!

I hear folks put them on planes too!

All the best!

b
Old 02-27-2013, 05:01 AM
rikybob

I like watching tech come along and become better and cheaper........

[link=http://www.networkcamerasupply.com/DJI_Phantom_p/cp.pt.000001.htm]DROOL![/link]

b
Old 02-28-2013, 04:06 AM
rikybob

More airboat fun!

HERE >>> [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdOowXP2iEg[/youtube]

b
Old 02-28-2013, 08:14 AM
bikermonkey

Hey guys. I have a T-rex 500 all stock. Recently I bought two lipo 2600 6s 40c's, but have been flying 4400 5s 40c's. .. Here is the issue, the 6s seems to have a higher head speed, it's actually squirrely, and after 4 minutes the moter begins to surg,, you can hear it and see the effects of the head speed going up and down. It's done it with both batteries and now it does it even with the 5s batteries,,all after about four minutes. This nearly caused a crash. The 4400's would fly 9 minutes beforehand. Does this seem to be perhaps the esc going ape? Anyone had this up and down surging of the moter before.?
Old 02-28-2013, 08:29 AM
rikybob

ORIGINAL: bikermonkey

Hey guys. I have a T-rex 500 all stock. Recently I bought two lipo 2600 6s 40c's, but have been flying 4400 5s 40c's. .. Here is the issue, the 6s seems to have a higher head speed, it's actually squirrely, and after 4 minutes the moter begins to surg,, you can hear it and see the effects of the head speed going up and down. It's done it with both batteries and now it does it even with the 5s batteries,,all after about four minutes. This nearly caused a crash. The 4400's would fly 9 minutes beforehand. Does this seem to be perhaps the esc going ape? Anyone had this up and down surging of the moter before.?

Hi and welcome BikerMonkey!

I have a Trex 500 stock and I fly in Stunt mode (wide open). The surge can be many factors from head bearings dying to the ESC dying.

I make certain to not fly over 2600 on head speed (from membory but look at the manual to be certain).

EDIT: Check distance between your main gear and pinion!

IHTH!

All the best!

b
Old 02-28-2013, 01:11 PM
hugj
My Feedback: (7)

Welcome, what esc are you using also the motor, it's poss that it will not handel the 22v of a 6s.
the higher voltege will increase the head speed you need to clam it down with the throttle curve and 2600 ma will only last about
4-6 min. where as the 4400 ma has almost twice the capasity sp.
i run 3000 ma in my 500 6s and gt about 6min. i could go longer but it is hard on a lipo to discharge them too much.
Hope this may help.
Hugh
Hey brian I thin me needs a swamp buggie after all the rain we had!!!
Old 02-28-2013, 01:19 PM
rikybob

ORIGINAL: hugj

Welcome, what esc are you using also the motor, it's poss that it will not handel the 22v of a 6s.
the higher voltege will increase the head speed you need to clam it down with the throttle curve and 2600 ma will only last about
4-6 min. where as the 4400 ma has almost twice the capasity sp.
i run 3000 ma in my 500 6s and gt about 6min. i could go longer but it is hard on a lipo to discharge them too much.
Hope this may help.
Hugh
Hey brian I thin me needs a swamp buggie after all the rain we had!!!

Yah, I actually get a little nervous when ya'll get too much rain as I spent last July 4th in Alachua county Florida helping the locals deal with flooding!

2.5 hours further south we NEED the rain!

The two fronts that have past are just makin' it cold here!

All the best!

b
Old 02-28-2013, 02:26 PM
bikermonkey

I don't know the stock esc number, but in the manuel it calls for a 22v 6s but I've been flying it for a year with 5s 18v getting 8 min flights,, so I"m thinking the esc could be the reason it's surging,, reving up and down after 4 minutes with all the batteries, it does not seem to be heating up. I thought of changing the throttle curve but that may fix the head speed but not the surgs... crazy man, crazy stuff.
Old 02-28-2013, 02:31 PM
rikybob

ORIGINAL: bikermonkey

I don't know the stock esc number, but in the manuel it calls for a 22v 6s but I've been flying it for a year with 5s 18v getting 8 min flights,, so I''m thinking the esc could be the reason it's surging,, reving up and down after 4 minutes with all the batteries, it does not seem to be heating up. I thought of changing the throttle curve but that may fix the head speed but not the surgs... crazy man, crazy stuff.

It could very well be the ESC.

If you decide to replace it, Hobby King makes a good un unless you are independently wealthy (Like Simon)?

[link=http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=30930]Here![/link]

b
Old 03-01-2013, 09:08 AM
rikybob

Down the "rabbit hole" once again!

b

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15mim3gSdS0[/youtube]
Old 03-02-2013, 01:17 AM
ingleburn

Hi guys, back home again and ready for a rest. Internet was bad but caught up with all the vids tonight. Here is my small addition.
Did a bit of flying indoors with the Nano and thought I got a good one with inverted and blather but the camera wasnt on.
So you will have to put up with this small one that ended with a crash as the battery died.
This is the second one to die but the first hyperion.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yptgDv9kMI[/youtube]
Old 03-05-2013, 04:39 PM
ingleburn

Hi guys, not much flying here as the weather hasnt been that good.
For those with a ZYX looks like version 4 firmware might be on the way. www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php
Seems like only a few people have it so far but heres hoping.

Also just got a new soldering iron from HK http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...arehouse_.html

For $16 its a bargain and even better that its also in the AU warehouse so ordered yesterday and got here today.
Also ordered some more batteries for the Nano and one was puffed and unusable.For the money I paid for it not worth the drama of sending it back for replacement.

Hope you are all well and doing some flying.( Or boating )
Old 03-05-2013, 04:45 PM
ahamay

I'm so sick of this weather.... and there's a cyclone developing over the next few days up the east coast so more rain, flooding and no flying. We'll let Simon be the beta tester on the new firmware. I'm going to have to get my nano fixed up and some new batteries and find an indoor flying area as outdoors for the next few weeks looks out of the question.

For those with a ZYX looks like version 4 firmware might be on the way. www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php

Also just got a new soldering iron from HK http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...arehouse_.html

For $16 its a bargain and even better that its also in the AU warehouse so ordered yesterday and got here today.
Also ordered some more batteries for the Nano and one was puffed and unusable.For the money I paid for it not worth the drama of sending it back for replacement.

Old 03-05-2013, 05:04 PM
rikybob

Hiya Ingleburn and Jonesy!

I got in one flight and two boats on my dayz off!

I added a battery cover to the Dumas BSB as the original did what I expected it to do. It blew of!

I recovered same for the new owner and put a Lexan cover on with removable screws.

It's the shizznit!

I hope to fly in the coming days and get viddy of same!

Hope your Wx pics up over there in Oz!

b

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1Ms3OkiWuc&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]
Old 03-06-2013, 06:15 AM
ingleburn

ORIGINAL: ahamay

I'm so sick of this weather.... and there's a cyclone developing over the next few days up the east coast so more rain, flooding and no flying. We'll let Simon be the beta tester on the new firmware. I'm going to have to get my nano fixed up and some new batteries and find an indoor flying area as outdoors for the next few weeks looks out of the question.

Got a couple of flights in with the Nano this afternoon and the Nanotech batteries have made it go crazy.
Seems like the head speed is way faster than with the Hyperions that I have been using and the tail wont hold and it gets violent shudders on the head.
Will test it again tomorrow with the Hyperions and if they are ok I might have to lower my pitch curve a bit to tame it down.
The sucker even flew over my head inverted and landed on the roof of the house. Crazy stuff.

Old 03-06-2013, 06:24 AM
ingleburn

Hiya Ingleburn and Jonesy!

I got in one flight and two boats on my dayz off!

I added a battery cover to the Dumas BSB as the original did what I expected it to do. It blew of!

I recovered same for the new owner and put a Lexan cover on with removable screws.

It's the shizznit!

I hope to fly in the coming days and get viddy of same!

Hope your Wx pics up over there in Oz!

b

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1Ms3OkiWuc&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]
You must be giving it some stick to blow the cover off it. Glad you got it sorted with a screw on one.
Weather seems to be picking up here and with a few days off coming up will hopefully get the 450 out again.
Tomorrow night is the opening game of the football season here and as my team is playing against my house mates team ill be there cheering them on.
Think we are missing a bit of brian blather so bring it on.
Just ordered a couple of #16 camera holders www.ebay.com.au/itm/321072734297 so might even try a bit of onboard when they arrive.

Old 03-06-2013, 07:17 AM
rikybob

@ ingleburn - Yah it was hauling @ S S!! Yeppers, I recall the Nanos being waaaay powerful! Very windy today as a front passes so no flyin, boatin' or sailin'! Have fun at football and the cam mount is pretty cool!

b

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.