Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
Reload this Page >

HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

Old 06-02-2013, 06:25 PM
rikybob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

Hmmmm Blade and Horizon Hobby. Interesting business model.

There products are expensive. It's why they are able to profess such great customer service.

They concept a product. Bring it to fruition without, for the most part handling all QC issues. It's really a joke in the modeling community. You can expect 5 things:

1) A rumored product is coming (It literally takes a year).

2) When product is introduced, take the 130 for instance. It immediatly has a bad tail. Immediatly.

3) Krazy "fan boys" the like of Apple fanboys are not disuaded for a moment. They find another tail (Walkera I think) and cobble together a working tal

4) The same fan boys who don't mod their crap send it back to H/H and extoll the wonderful virtues of their customer service when they finally get something back 6 to eight weeks later b/c H/H only has 14 VERY overworked techs.

4a) Horizon does NOT supply spare parts.

5) Horizon may or may not make a V2 of their negligable product.

I literally have a love/hate with H/H. I got started because of the Blade CX2 and it was really, really a wonderful learning tool.

Simon, rescued me after I bought perhaps the largest piece of crap, the Blade SR. However after spending 500 bux on the unit and spares I DID learn CP!

Simon says "For 200 bux all up we can get a Trex clone"! I said "I'm in"! and the rest was history!

Horizon Hobby is the Harley Davidson of radio control.

They literally owe their existance on fanboys who somehow accept that buying crap on a shingle, or at least rolling the dice each time you buy a product is "OK">

Shame on me for supporting them!

b

PS "Brian's Blather" is funny! However we want folks to JOIN us, not run away!!!
Old 06-02-2013, 06:46 PM
Ddaddy

My sugestion for that one is Brians Blather.

Now you've done it...his dork cap will be too small now.....

Old 06-02-2013, 09:33 PM
mnemennth

ORIGINAL: Ddaddy

My sugestion for that one is Brians Blather.

Now you've done it...his dork cap will be too small now.....

+1 !

I think we should call it Rick's Cafe... I can just about imagine Bogey &Bacall in a nice quiet corner over there. And fortunately, no Nazis.

mnem
I forgot to put something here.
Old 06-02-2013, 09:41 PM
ahamay

Some more fine tuning on the 500 today. Handles 30+ knots of wind no problems which I like, as I"m quite often restricted with the 450 and the wind here. I've nearly got it dialed in where I would like it. Pack 1 and 2 from today. I need to get some more batteries now..... damn these things

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2540E45WEb8[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kb4_YY0eWTE[/youtube]

Old 06-02-2013, 09:47 PM
ahamay

ORIGINAL: rikybob

Simon says "For 200 bux all up we can get a Trex clone"! I said "I'm in"! and the rest was history!
Hahaha just like the kids game right...... coz I know ALL the kids games now !!
Old 06-03-2013, 07:57 AM
Ddaddy

Jonesy, my 500 is nowhere near that crisp..looks good!  Have you thought of doubling up your 450 pack?  That's about all I've done...thought about it.  Having batteries go bad now on everything...2 years.

Yea, I remember when got the SR rb... he used to take it for a walk down the street.  I still have mine and fly it occasionally...as you said, a big piece of crap! I wish  had got the HK450 when ya'll were talking about it...feel into the fanboy club with the B400 inseed.  They do have some good engineering in areas...but what you said is pretty spot on.  

ope the wind dies down some today, haven't flown the plank in a while and want to see what the new 2.8 mm lens does.  LOL 2.8 mm...barely larger than...
Old 06-03-2013, 04:26 PM
rikybob

Jonesy, my 500 is nowhere near that crisp..looks good! Have you thought of doubling up your 450 pack? That's about all I've done...thought about it. Having batteries go bad now on everything...2 years.

Yea, I remember when got the SR rb... he used to take it for a walk down the street. I still have mine and fly it occasionally...as you said, a big piece of crap! I wish had got the HK450 when ya'll were talking about it...feel into the fanboy club with the B400 inseed. They do have some good engineering in areas...but what you said is pretty spot on.

ope the wind dies down some today, haven't flown the plank in a while and want to see what the new 2.8 mm lens does. LOL 2.8 mm...barely larger than...
Hiya Kidz!

Had a wonderful morning!

Flew 8 packs on the ole 500 and 4 or 5 on the Blade MCP X BL!

It was hot and humid but my flying was <gasp> flawless!

I'll describe it for you as my MEGA viddy is 184 minutes out!

I flew left, then right and then left again!

The viddy will up in the night on Youtube and I'll post here in the edit in the AM!!

Hope y'all got shum schickt time!

b

PS Perhaps a "mans" charger for myself for Father's day? I'm using the Accucel 6 and 8 respectively!

Super Blather!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbUdCVjq96M[/youtube]
Old 06-04-2013, 08:40 AM
Ddaddy

Just passing stuff on...I've really been enjoying those flitetest video's being done, entertaining and humble IMO.

GTG...flying time
Old 06-04-2013, 11:07 AM
rikybob

Just passing stuff on...I've really been enjoying those flitetest video's being done, entertaining and humble IMO.

GTG...flying time

Hiya Ken!

Yeppers, I really enjoy their viddys too!

So how'd the flyin' go?

b
[link=http://www.flitetest.com/]FLITETEST[/link]

Old 06-04-2013, 12:37 PM
Ddaddy

Flying wasn't good. To begin with I wanted to fly the plank but too windy. So I go to burn the charged packs off on the 450. Wind isn't too bad but it was gusty as heck and as such a lot of balloning both up and down. I was in FFF and at one point it stopped the heli and put it in a dive. I can only imagine what would have happened if it had a flybar! After that I landed only to hear a squealing bearing on spool down. Sigh, go in the house to get silicon spray... Second pack I just burned off hovering beside the house and bushes, still very gusty but not like out in the field! Haven't burned off the last pack I charged last night yet but need too as I have 2 ball games to go to tonight. Oh well, there's allways the (dis)charger.
Old 06-04-2013, 12:48 PM
rikybob

Flying wasn't good. To begin with I wanted to fly the plank but too windy. So I go to burn the charged packs off on the 450. Wind isn't too bad but it was gusty as heck and as such a lot of balloning both up and down. I was in FFF and at one point it stopped the heli and put it in a dive. I can only imagine what would have happened if it had a flybar! After that I landed only to hear a squealing bearing on spool down. Sigh, go in the house to get silicon spray... Second pack I just burned off hovering beside the house and bushes, still very gusty but not like out in the field! Haven't burned off the last pack I charged last night yet but need too as I have 2 ball games to go to tonight. Oh well, there's allways the (dis)charger.
Dang the luck!

Once you get the 500 square you will laugh at 25kt winds!

Enjoy the ball games as the kids are only young once!

Suffering the "Lurgy" here again so watching my "comfort show" of late which is the original Star Trek on Netflix!

All the best!

b
Old 06-04-2013, 01:44 PM
Ddaddy

Dang the luck!

Suffering the "Lurgy" here again so watching my "comfort show" of late which is the original Star Trek on Netflix!

All the best!

b
This is scary...watching last season of STE now...finished DS9 a couple months ago and started Voyager but took an interlude to watch STE. Shame they dc'ed this series, it was good IMO.

Old 06-04-2013, 01:55 PM
rikybob

Dang the luck!

Suffering the ''Lurgy'' here again so watching my ''comfort show'' of late which is the original Star Trek on Netflix!

All the best!

b

This is scary...watching last season of STE now...finished DS9 a couple months ago and started Voyager but took an interlude to watch STE. Shame they dc'ed this series, it was good IMO.

It's soooo nice to see it in its HD form for better or worse. If ONLY DesiLu would have gave them a larger budget!

Fantastic!!!

b
Old 06-05-2013, 03:36 AM
rikybob

My right hand to God, I only saw 7 women in this video!

There were three phat wives and 4 booth hotties who, if not provided copious amounts of money to show up, would have NEVER set foot on premises.

Frankly, it's a little embarrassing![:'(]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsKnVTDyhfI[/youtube]
Old 06-05-2013, 07:29 AM
Ddaddy

Good thing a little embarrassment doesn't bother us Did you see those thigh boots...I want one...of those R2D2 RC's [:-]
Old 06-05-2013, 03:16 PM
Ddaddy

Very windy again today...WENT FPV'ing ANYWAY!

Was very challenging and a lot of fun. I like the new lens and flew the furthest distance yet!

Not to long and hope you enjoy it

Oh, went fishing for a couple hours too and caught 1 bass...need to get the bass boat fixed up now my son is more interested in fishing

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBHTKvVrXpY[/youtube]

Old 06-05-2013, 04:02 PM
rikybob

Very windy again today...WENT FPV'ing ANYWAY!

Was very challenging and a lot of fun. I like the new lens and flew the furthest distance yet!

Not to long and hope you enjoy it

Oh, went fishing for a couple hours too and caught 1 bass...need to get the bass boat fixed up now my son is more interested in fishing

Hiya Dan!

Glad you had a good day flyin'!

My mornings are dry but the "Lurgy" persists.

No flyin' the past two days.[:'(]

Worked a 1/2 day today and will prolly be back in the pink tomorrow.

So's ya caught a bass too??

Where'd ya go, Lynn Creek park? Looks like other lakes to your north are private club lakes with the exception of a reservoir off the the east?

Yah, I've rebuilt boats before and they are a labor of love.

How longs it sat?? If this is yours in the piccy below it may have been a while?[8D]

b

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca82092.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	67.9 KB
ID:	1889134  
Old 06-05-2013, 07:00 PM
Ddaddy

Hiya rb!

Glad you had a good day flyin'! yeppers...was great

So's ya caught a bass too?? yeppers

Where'd ya go, Lynn Creek park? Naw, just a community lake by library, about 3 acres but planning a trip to there soon (Joe Pool Lake with $85/day john boat rental) Looks like other lakes to your north are private club lakes with the exception of a reservoir off the the east? Oh no, lots of lakes, used to fish Lake Fork a lot. Also love Cedar Creek (beatuiful houses with excellent fishing the docks)

Yah, I've rebuilt boats before and they are a labor of love. More like a PIA....

How longs it sat?? If this is yours in the piccy below it may have been a while?[8D] Yea, too long...went from fishing tourney's every weekend to coaching baseball (raising kids)...4 tires, 3 batteries, carpet...sure I can get the motor running easy though (Yamaha), seals in trolling motor, seats, registrations...sigh....

Dan

Old 06-05-2013, 09:41 PM
Edmund2

Now that is the best looking Orange receivers I have seen. Great weather still here but due to work go out in the dark and return home in the dark. Fully booked weekend with family stuff so will hopefully take to the air the weekend after.

Have fun guys.

Edmund

Old 06-06-2013, 01:55 AM
rikybob

Hiya rb!

Glad you had a good day flyin'! yeppers...was great

So's ya caught a bass too?? yeppers

Where'd ya go, Lynn Creek park? Naw, just a community lake by library, about 3 acres but planning a trip to there soon (Joe Pool Lake with $85/day john boat rental) Looks like other lakes to your north are private club lakes with the exception of a reservoir off the the east? Oh no, lots of lakes, used to fish Lake Fork a lot. Also love Cedar Creek (beatuiful houses with excellent fishing the docks)

Yah, I've rebuilt boats before and they are a labor of love. More like a PIA....

GIANT PIA!!! Upside is, is West Marine with give you a discount card if you sign up!

How longs it sat?? If this is yours in the piccy below it may have been a while?[8D] Yea, too long...went from fishing tourney's every weekend to coaching baseball (raising kids)...4 tires, 3 batteries, carpet...sure I can get the motor running easy though (Yamaha), seals in trolling motor, seats, registrations...sigh....

I KNEW that the motor was a Yamaha from the air! Yah, you just need to take what ever fuel that was in that boat and trash it. good place to start!
Dan

b

"Lurgyboy"
Old 06-06-2013, 10:39 PM
ingleburn

Like Brian I have been sick all this week. The HK450 has been converted to TT so hoping Im well enough to give it a test flight this weekend.
I did however have a chuckle at this. Not often you see Align copying someone.
Old 06-06-2013, 10:49 PM
ahamay

Thought I would duck out this afternoon before dark and put another two packs on the 500 after upgrading to zyx 4.01. Pack 1 was great, there are some excellent imporvements in stability over v 3.02 which I was running.

Pack two was a different story, I had just flicked into idle up and about 10 seconds later something has let go inthe tail and down she went. The 500 is pretty much a write off after a 50m piro fall with no tail and a boom strike on impact. Im not really sure how but the only thing that does not have a scratch on it is the canopy. The rest of the heli is stuffed. Well at least I got a taste for the 500 class, but I don't think I will be repairing it. Shame as it was flying great. To be honest i'm a bit gutted but thats how the cookie crumbles so to speak.

Post crash video uploading later. My 808 has a dead battery so no flight video at the moment.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TG0zyFaKkA[/youtube]

Old 06-07-2013, 02:20 AM
hugj
My Feedback: (7)

Ouch that hurts! I do know what you are feeling.I put two 500's in in one weekend. Go and rebuild her.
Old 06-07-2013, 02:46 AM
rikybob

@ Ingleburn - Sorry you've been ill as well! I LOVE a GI tract misery! Hope yer better soon. Mine is on the tail end!

@ Jonesy - Damnit MAN! I'm gutted for ya! When you rebuild (and you WILL rebuild) put a belt drive on the tail. When I said something about putting the T/T on my 500 the overall response from "hard fliers" at the club was "why? Apparently a little known factoid about T/T is that it has a higher failure rate than the tried and true belt. The Goblins that are all the fad are ALL belt! I recall when I 1st started flying I simply refused to use a SIM (I still don't) I have literally crashed over two dozen times! The feeling of being bummed out is HUGE! Get back on the horse and enjoy this wonderful platform!!

@ Bryan - +1! (BTW get ANY rain from the TS??)

@ All - VERY windy here as Tropical Storm Andrea has passed. We are NOW up to proper rainfall levels. I welcome tropical storms but NOT their ugly sisters![:@]

I may or may not get to fly in the coming dayz!

All the best!

b
Old 06-07-2013, 03:52 AM
ingleburn

ORIGINAL: ahamay

Thought I would duck out this afternoon before dark and put another two packs on the 500 after upgrading to zyx 4.01. Pack 1 was great, there are some excellent imporvements in stability over v 3.02 which I was running.

Pack two was a different story, I had just flicked into idle up and about 10 seconds later something has let go inthe tail and down she went. The 500 is pretty much a write off after a 50m piro fall with no tail and a boom strike on impact. Im not really sure how but the only thing that does not have a scratch on it is the canopy. The rest of the heli is stuffed. Well at least I got a taste for the 500 class, but I don't think I will be repairing it. Shame as it was flying great. To be honest i'm a bit gutted but thats how the cookie crumbles so to speak.

Post crash video uploading later. My 808 has a dead battery so no flight video at the moment.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TG0zyFaKkA

Some crashes hurt more than others and your one is one of the worst.. New heli and not your fault.
Hope you get it back in the air soon and work out what went wrong. It really does look a mess. Guess the bigger they are the harder they fall.
I have one of those TT,s that have a weak spot so it snaps rather than stripping gears but maybe I should look at putting a normal one in as I dont want mine breaking mid flight.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.