T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

Reply
Old 06-07-2013, 05:58 AM
  #1776
Edmund2
 
Edmund2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: PretoriaGauteng, SOUTH AFRICA
Posts: 708
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

40 Minutes before going home time and it is absolutely perfect outside for flying, even a Lama4 will be able to fly. The building's flatroof has just been refurbished and it assmooth as silk, all 10,000 sqaure meters of it. Problem is no heli at the office to go and fly.

Methinks that the mcpx should find premanent residence in my car for days like this.

Enjoy your weekend.

Edmund

Ps. Dan, I watched your viddy on the previous page of that long distance flight, loved it.
Edmund2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 06:36 AM
  #1777
rikybob
 
rikybob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Zellwood, FL
Posts: 4,400
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

Enjoy!

b


[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYrDSh8E7OE&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]
rikybob is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 10:35 AM
  #1778
rikybob
 
rikybob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Zellwood, FL
Posts: 4,400
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

Daddy likey.

It would make Daddy say "What 500?"


b


[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrScYFsuTkI[/youtube]
rikybob is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 12:27 PM
  #1779
pushinoldrc
 
pushinoldrc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Athens, GA
Posts: 403
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III


Quote:
ORIGINAL: rikybob

Daddy likey.

It would make Daddy say "What 500?"


b


[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrScYFsuTkI[/youtube]
That is just too cool! I really like considering the question posed at the end..."Where will the hobby be in 5 to 10 years?"

Not too windy here, the TS has already run up the east coast. We have scheduled weekend flying for Sunday, as Hugh is celebrating his Bday tomorrow. I think he just turned 30?
B

pushinoldrc is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 02:41 PM
  #1780
Ddaddy
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Red Oak, TX
Posts: 513
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

Jonesy, that is tough but I've had worse and rebuilt. Still have a cracked bottom plate on my 450 (superglue it occasionlly) . Take a couple day's break and start fixing 1 thing at a time, it's not too expensive (blades are the worst IMO. I just had put a new set of Align 3G on my 500 and the first flight my newly installed carbon fiber control rod broke and hit a main blade...put a hole in it!).

And at least you were flying it like a man and not like a sissy...

Edmund, thanks for watching my vidy and it was fun doing it!

Happy Bday Hugh! Mine was Wednesday...I'm 30 too

Reserved space for finding 500...still haven't saw it yet!

Those DJI guy's are impressive. So when are you getting your GoPro? I wonder what one would look like on the AXN with a ZYX stab? Are you not interested in maybe a flitetest bones kit with GoPro and ZYX? Seems it would be comparable (albeit no autopilot).

Best,
Dan
Ddaddy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 04:16 PM
  #1781
Kozzy_98
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: SydneyNew South Wales, AUSTRALIA
Posts: 290
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

Saw your post crash video Jonesy, and man, I hate it when its not your fault. Interesting how Align parts can fail too...

Oh well, it happens.
Kozzy_98 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 04:19 PM
  #1782
ingleburn
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ingleburn, AUSTRALIA
Posts: 1,558
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III


Quote:
ORIGINAL: rikybob

Daddy likey.

It would make Daddy say "What 500?"


b


[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrScYFsuTkI[/youtube]
What a great video. Makes you wonder whats next. Now I can see why you wanted a phantom.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kQCGo64AU8[/youtube]

ingleburn is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 05:00 PM
  #1783
rikybob
 
rikybob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Zellwood, FL
Posts: 4,400
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

Quote:
ORIGINAL: Ddaddy

Jonesy, that is tough but I've had worse and rebuilt. Still have a cracked bottom plate on my 450 (superglue it occasionlly) . Take a couple day's break and start fixing 1 thing at a time, it's not too expensive (blades are the worst IMO. I just had put a new set of Align 3G on my 500 and the first flight my newly installed carbon fiber control rod broke and hit a main blade...put a hole in it!).

And at least you were flying it like a man and not like a sissy... Uh, I'm right HERE damn it!

Edmund, thanks for watching my vidy and it was fun doing it!

Happy Bday Hugh! Mine was Wednesday...I'm 30 too Happy, Happy birthday!Reserved space for finding 500...still haven't saw it yet!

Best,
Dan
rikybob is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 05:06 PM
  #1784
rikybob
 
rikybob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Zellwood, FL
Posts: 4,400
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III


Quote:
ORIGINAL: ingleburn


Quote:
ORIGINAL: rikybob

Daddy likey.

It would make Daddy say ''What 500?''


b


[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrScYFsuTkI[/youtube]
What a great video. Makes you wonder whats next. Now I can see why you wanted a phantom.

http://[youtube]http://www.youtube.c...[/youtube]


It REALLY IS amazing. It's one of the 1st things Simon and I did with the Big Lama. Strapped a keyfob cam on it!

Then CP came and I did a little caming but it's not that great a platform for someone like me (read: too lazy to PERFECTLY harmonically balance my crap)!

Since I AM a flying sissy I am at stasis on my flying ability and I find the DJI Phantom VERY intriguing a platform.

I just wish I could hold out not 5 years but another season as I am CERTAIN that competition is around the corner.

It's 800USD to get up w/ a Hero 2 and I feel confident that more and better are on the horizon!

I could have used it on my last two vacations to get REALLY good viddy of some ruins and the place where the 1st shot fired of our US Civil War occured!

My club is having a swap meet Sept. 12th. I think I'll keep the little 'un but the 500 MAY be giving way along with a catamaran sail boat and a .60 size gas engine and a seldom used Swamp Dawg airboat!

All the best!

b
rikybob is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 11:22 PM
  #1785
Ddaddy
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Red Oak, TX
Posts: 513
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

Some more AXN Almost 900 meters

Had a Spektrum glitch (I think). Also, flying late in the day when the Sun is low doesn't get the best video nor is it as easy to see flying with the goggles. Music sure makes it better too!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJqsC1170Ts[/youtube]

Ddaddy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 03:48 AM
  #1786
rikybob
 
rikybob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Zellwood, FL
Posts: 4,400
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III


Quote:
ORIGINAL: Ddaddy

Some more AXN Almost 900 meters

Had a Spektrum glitch (I think). Also, flying late in the day when the Sun is low doesn't get the best video nor is it as easy to see flying with the goggles. Music sure makes it better too!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJqsC1170Ts[/youtube]


The end of a lovely day it looks like!

You folks need some rain!

Remind me. What gear are you using?

Fat Shark?? ect?

b
rikybob is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 04:59 AM
  #1787
ahamay
Thread Starter
 
ahamay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Gold Coast, AUSTRALIA
Posts: 1,140
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

Hi guys, well thanks for the words of encouragment regarding the 500 wreck. I've slept on it and had a number of cups of coffee since the crash After a return to the crash site and a lenghty scouring of the debri zone for some salvageable parts I've decided the 500 will be back.

I can tell you pulling down the 500 is MUCH more fun than pulling down a 450 for a repair. After sifting through the mess it looks like I"ve ejected the boom, but not completely... far enough to disengage the torque tube which is why I lost the tail. There's been a boom strike on impact which has ripped it out the rest of the way and where most of the damage was done.

I should have pinned the boom. I was going to do it...twice... but it was really tight and I could not pull it out by hand so I thought it would be ok. Wrong !

So anyways the 500 will be back. The 500 kit came with a belt tail so that's what will be going back on it as Brian mentioned. I have spares and a few bits that did not go on from the original kit so that will go towards easing the pain.


@Daddy - Good stuff on the fpv.

The DJI Phantom I think is overrated and overpriced. It's interesting everytime you see a phantom vid all the videos that come up related are the crash vids or the stuff that's wrong with them. Check out this guy. Phantom was too smart for it's own good.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Tpzz54xaIY[/youtube]




ahamay is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 07:51 AM
  #1788
rikybob
 
rikybob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Zellwood, FL
Posts: 4,400
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

Quote:
ORIGINAL: ahamay

Hi guys, well thanks for the words of encouragment regarding the 500 wreck. I've slept on it and had a number of cups of coffee since the crash After a return to the crash site and a lenghty scouring of the debri zone for some salvageable parts I've decided the 500 will be back.

YAY!!!!

I can tell you pulling down the 500 is MUCH more fun than pulling down a 450 for a repair. After sifting through the mess it looks like I''ve ejected the boom, but not completely... far enough to disengage the torque tube which is why I lost the tail. There's been a boom strike on impact which has ripped it out the rest of the way and where most of the damage was done.

(Kinda new it was pilot error!)

I should have pinned the boom. I was going to do it...twice... but it was really tight and I could not pull it out by hand so I thought it would be ok. Wrong !

Yeppers, I have done the exact same thing. I look back on my "inner dialogue and how many times I should have listened to it. On the job I listen to it well. Off duty, that's another thing

So anyways the 500 will be back. The 500 kit came with a belt tail so that's what will be going back on it as Brian mentioned. I have spares and a few bits that did not go on from the original kit so that will go towards easing the pain.

Um yeah, try not to crash it this time! [:@]


@Daddy - Good stuff on the fpv.

The DJI Phantom I think is overrated and overpriced. It's interesting every-time you see a phantom vid all the videos that come up related are the crash vids or the stuff that's wrong with them. Check out this guy. Phantom was too smart for it's own good.

Lemme think about this. Yah, it is overrated because there is not an analog out there for performance and price point. No where NEAR for PNF. My options are that I need to wait out the tech until something close comes along or to get with the three guys at the flying club and build one. They have the amazing ability to cut short the learning curve b/c they know how to program the thing. I'm lazy and simply want to FLY and not screw with the build. The injury viddy was good as I have seen DOZENS of them and the point is well made (I wish Phil was still here to tell us again about the Walkera that hit him in his back and the other heli that LITERALLY almost severed his pinky finger). I have read the fourms COMPLETELY and find all an acceptable risk. What is NOT acceptable is buying a 1st round product that may take off and NOT come back! 1K down the drain! This HAS happened to one of the Club guys while over seas with his homemade rig. He lost one of this 3 1000USD rigs in a rock field in a foreign land! DOH! I said all that to say this: I am gravitating toward this spectrum of the hobby and will leave the CP's behind eventually. Feel free to send me any thing similar to this if you run into it! As long as it's not Tarot!




rikybob is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 08:47 AM
  #1789
Ddaddy
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Red Oak, TX
Posts: 513
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III


Quote:
ORIGINAL: rikybob


The end of a lovely day it looks like!

You folks need some rain!

Remind me. What gear are you using?

Fat Shark?? ect?

b
We been geting just the right amount of rain actually. Crops are looking great compared to the last few years.

Fatshark Predator V1. Just put a 2.8mm lens on vs the 3.6.

FPVJapan DVR.

AXN with 6x4e prop.

2200mah 40c for power and a 500mah 20c for video Tx and camera (not required but eliminates a brownout losing video)

AR500 and DX6i

What I plan to get/upgrade;

Remzibi OSD

ER9X with OpenLRS Tx and Rx system

Helical ot 12 dbi patch antenna


Yea Jonesy! Much easier to work on! Glad you found the problem, did you have it taped? I agree on the DJI too btw. Platform a bit small IMO. But I do understand if someone wants pnf. I may build a bones kit one day...to me building and flying that would be cooler than the dji.

Ddaddy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 09:59 AM
  #1790
rikybob
 
rikybob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Zellwood, FL
Posts: 4,400
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

Quote:
ORIGINAL: Ddaddy


Quote:
ORIGINAL: rikybob


The end of a lovely day it looks like!

You folks need some rain!

Remind me. What gear are you using?

Fat Shark?? ect?

b
We been geting just the right amount of rain actually. Crops are looking great compared to the last few years.

Fatshark Predator V1. Just put a 2.8mm lens on vs the 3.6.

FPVJapan DVR.

AXN with 6x4e prop.

2200mah 40c for power and a 500mah 20c for video Tx and camera (not required but eliminates a brownout losing video)

AR500 and DX6i

What I plan to get/upgrade;

Remzibi OSD

ER9X with OpenLRS Tx and Rx system

Helical ot 12 dbi patch antenna


Yea Jonesy! Much easier to work on! Glad you found the problem, did you have it taped? (figured someone HAD to ask! I figgered one niggle at a time. Well?) I agree on the DJI too btw. Platform a bit small IMO. But I do understand if someone wants pnf. I may build a bones kit one day...to me building and flying that would be cooler than the dji.

rikybob is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 10:14 AM
  #1791
rikybob
 
rikybob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Zellwood, FL
Posts: 4,400
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

Hmmmm someone had a birthday today???
rikybob is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 10:17 AM
  #1792
Ddaddy
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Red Oak, TX
Posts: 513
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

Hugh

[8D]


You'll find as you get older it's harder to keep it (heli) up!
Ddaddy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 10:18 AM
  #1793
rikybob
 
rikybob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Zellwood, FL
Posts: 4,400
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III


Quote:
ORIGINAL: Ddaddy

Hugh

[8D]


You'll find as you get older it's harder to keep it (heli) up!

Happy Birthday Hugh!

b
rikybob is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 10:58 AM
  #1794
hugj
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: danielsville, GA
Posts: 353
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

Thank's Guy's the big 50 was the 6th the wifie is having a get together with the family today Only the shadow knows what they have planed?
hugj is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 11:00 AM
  #1795
rikybob
 
rikybob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Zellwood, FL
Posts: 4,400
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III


Quote:
ORIGINAL: hugj

Thank's Guy's the big 50 was the 6th the wifie is having a get together with the family today Only the shadow knows what they have planed?
Wow!! 50!

Yah, My friends are after me to all lets go to an island in the Caribbean and I think, I shall stay home and have a very, very quiet 50th!

Many returns!

b
rikybob is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 11:32 AM
  #1796
Ddaddy
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Red Oak, TX
Posts: 513
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

The 5th for me and only 49!  I'm with rb...some peace and quite...and maybe a Thai hooker or 2!
Ddaddy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 02:12 PM
  #1797
ingleburn
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ingleburn, AUSTRALIA
Posts: 1,558
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III


Quote:
ORIGINAL: ahamay

Hi guys, well thanks for the words of encouragment regarding the 500 wreck. I've slept on it and had a number of cups of coffee since the crash After a return to the crash site and a lenghty scouring of the debri zone for some salvageable parts I've decided the 500 will be back.

I can tell you pulling down the 500 is MUCH more fun than pulling down a 450 for a repair. After sifting through the mess it looks like I"ve ejected the boom, but not completely... far enough to disengage the torque tube which is why I lost the tail. There's been a boom strike on impact which has ripped it out the rest of the way and where most of the damage was done.

I should have pinned the boom. I was going to do it...twice... but it was really tight and I could not pull it out by hand so I thought it would be ok. Wrong !

So anyways the 500 will be back. The 500 kit came with a belt tail so that's what will be going back on it as Brian mentioned. I have spares and a few bits that did not go on from the original kit so that will go towards easing the pain.



Thanks for reminding me that I havent pinned my boom yet. Off to do it now.
Glad you found the problem and hope to see it in the air soon.
Where are you ordering your parts from. I gave miracle mart a go last time and they were a week quicker than HK or OOModel.

Just thinking about it I wonder how the boom can be ejected if the boom braces are tight? Anyone care to offer an explanation?

ingleburn is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 02:17 PM
  #1798
ingleburn
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ingleburn, AUSTRALIA
Posts: 1,558
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

A belated Happy Birthday to Hugh and Ddaddy. Yeah 50 isnt that bad although I sure felt it the day after my party
Try as I might to let it pass without a fuss the family and friends had other ideas.
ingleburn is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 02:35 PM
  #1799
ahamay
Thread Starter
 
ahamay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Gold Coast, AUSTRALIA
Posts: 1,140
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

Quote:
ORIGINAL: ingleburn


Quote:
ORIGINAL: ahamay

Hi guys, well thanks for the words of encouragment regarding the 500 wreck. I've slept on it and had a number of cups of coffee since the crash After a return to the crash site and a lenghty scouring of the debri zone for some salvageable parts I've decided the 500 will be back.
I can tell you pulling down the 500 is MUCH more fun than pulling down a 450 for a repair. After sifting through the mess it looks like I"ve ejected the boom, but not completely... far enough to disengage the torque tube which is why I lost the tail. There's been a boom strike on impact which has ripped it out the rest of the way and where most of the damage was done.
I should have pinned the boom. I was going to do it...twice... but it was really tight and I could not pull it out by hand so I thought it would be ok. Wrong !
So anyways the 500 will be back. The 500 kit came with a belt tail so that's what will be going back on it as Brian mentioned. I have spares and a few bits that did not go on from the original kit so that will go towards easing the pain.
Thanks for reminding me that I havent pinned my boom yet. Off to do it now.
Glad you found the problem and hope to see it in the air soon.
Where are you ordering your parts from. I gave miracle mart a go last time and they were a week quicker than HK or OOModel.
Just thinking about it I wonder how the boom can be ejected if the boom braces are tight? Anyone care to offer an explanation?
I'm ordering my Tarot stuff from Miracle mart, oomodel shipping just takes too long. If they posted stuff the same day you order, it would not be so bad but they can take upto a week to even post it. It's because they don't have everthing in stock on their website and there is no stock tracking online. You can only buy from MM if they have it in stock from the website.

Regarding the boom braces they are really nothing but a brace. The two ends that attach at the front slide onto the rods. I CA'd my support rod end but there's no structural support from moving backwards.

The TT setup should really have a pin in the front like the tailcase has at the rear to stop it coming off. At least you can't eject a boom with a belt tail It can still come loose and you lose the tail though.










ahamay is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 03:14 PM
  #1800
ingleburn
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ingleburn, AUSTRALIA
Posts: 1,558
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III


Quote:
ORIGINAL: ahamay

Quote:
ORIGINAL: ingleburn


Quote:
ORIGINAL: ahamay

Hi guys, well thanks for the words of encouragment regarding the 500 wreck. I've slept on it and had a number of cups of coffee since the crash After a return to the crash site and a lenghty scouring of the debri zone for some salvageable parts I've decided the 500 will be back.
I can tell you pulling down the 500 is MUCH more fun than pulling down a 450 for a repair. After sifting through the mess it looks like I"ve ejected the boom, but not completely... far enough to disengage the torque tube which is why I lost the tail. There's been a boom strike on impact which has ripped it out the rest of the way and where most of the damage was done.
I should have pinned the boom. I was going to do it...twice... but it was really tight and I could not pull it out by hand so I thought it would be ok. Wrong !
So anyways the 500 will be back. The 500 kit came with a belt tail so that's what will be going back on it as Brian mentioned. I have spares and a few bits that did not go on from the original kit so that will go towards easing the pain.
Thanks for reminding me that I havent pinned my boom yet. Off to do it now.
Glad you found the problem and hope to see it in the air soon.
Where are you ordering your parts from. I gave miracle mart a go last time and they were a week quicker than HK or OOModel.
Just thinking about it I wonder how the boom can be ejected if the boom braces are tight? Anyone care to offer an explanation?
I'm ordering my Tarot stuff from Miracle mart, oomodel shipping just takes too long. If they posted stuff the same day you order, it would not be so bad but they can take upto a week to even post it. It's because they don't have everthing in stock on their website and there is no stock tracking online. You can only buy from MM if they have it in stock from the website.

Regarding the boom braces they are really nothing but a brace. The two ends that attach at the front slide onto the rods. I CA'd my support rod end but there's no structural support from moving backwards.

The TT setup should really have a pin in the front like the tailcase has at the rear to stop it coming off. At least you can't eject a boom with a belt tail It can still come loose and you lose the tail though.
Yes I found that out the hard way although I had the belt twisted not loose. Did the ZYX survive or do you need a new one.











[/quote]
ingleburn is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 06:21 AM.