Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 72 of 80 FirstFirst ... 22627071727374 ... LastLast
Results 1,776 to 1,800 of 1986

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

40 Minutes before going home time and it is absolutely perfect outside for flying, even a Lama4 will be able to fly. The building's flatroof has just been refurbished and it assmooth as silk, all 10,000 sqaure meters of it. Problem is no heli at the office to go and fly.

Methinks that the mcpx should find premanent residence in my car for days like this.

Enjoy your weekend.

Edmund

Ps. Dan, I watched your viddy on the previous page of that long distance flight, loved it.
    Esky Belt CP V2, Esky Belt CP V2 CX, BIG Lama, Ultimate Big Lama, Lama 4, DX6i, Align TREX 550E, Blade mCPX

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Enjoy!

b

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYrDSh8E7OE&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]
    FrSky Taranis (rev B) w/ Spektrum Module/ Spektrum DX7/ Align 500CF FBL w/ FU-BAR Gyro / Blade MCP X Brushless Mod / Red and Blue Nirvana II one meter sail boats / HobbyKing "Swamp Dawg" / Slow Stick / HK Firefly Q450 Quad w/ HK Mega FC board / Durafly T-28 / H/H Icon - A5 / E Flite Piper L-4/ Parkzone UM T-28 / HK Fox Glider / Fat Shark Attitudes FPV Goggles / Mobius Actioncam / Teksumo /1200mm Popwing/ SFFD Fire boat / QAV250 FPV!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Daddy likey.

It would make Daddy say "What 500?"

b

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrScYFsuTkI[/youtube]
    FrSky Taranis (rev B) w/ Spektrum Module/ Spektrum DX7/ Align 500CF FBL w/ FU-BAR Gyro / Blade MCP X Brushless Mod / Red and Blue Nirvana II one meter sail boats / HobbyKing "Swamp Dawg" / Slow Stick / HK Firefly Q450 Quad w/ HK Mega FC board / Durafly T-28 / H/H Icon - A5 / E Flite Piper L-4/ Parkzone UM T-28 / HK Fox Glider / Fat Shark Attitudes FPV Goggles / Mobius Actioncam / Teksumo /1200mm Popwing/ SFFD Fire boat / QAV250 FPV!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: rikybob

Daddy likey.

b

That is just too cool! I really like considering the question posed at the end..."Where will the hobby be in 5 to 10 years?"

Not too windy here, the TS has already run up the east coast. We have scheduled weekend flying for Sunday, as Hugh is celebrating his Bday tomorrow. I think he just turned 30?
    B

Carl Goldberg Ultimate 10-300 Brotherhood. #23

Landing is one aerobatic maneuver that MUST be mastered!

Jonesy, that is tough but I've had worse and rebuilt. Still have a cracked bottom plate on my 450 (superglue it occasionlly) . Take a couple day's break and start fixing 1 thing at a time, it's not too expensive (blades are the worst IMO. I just had put a new set of Align 3G on my 500 and the first flight my newly installed carbon fiber control rod broke and hit a main blade...put a hole in it!).

And at least you were flying it like a man and not like a sissy...

Edmund, thanks for watching my vidy and it was fun doing it!

Happy Bday Hugh! Mine was Wednesday...I'm 30 too

Reserved space for finding 500...still haven't saw it yet!

Those DJI guy's are impressive. So when are you getting your GoPro? I wonder what one would look like on the AXN with a ZYX stab? Are you not interested in maybe a flitetest bones kit with GoPro and ZYX? Seems it would be comparable (albeit no autopilot).

Best,
    Dan
    MCX, MSR, BOL, Blade SR, franKENblade 400, FBL 450, mCPX, FBL 500, AXN FPV

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Saw your post crash video Jonesy, and man, I hate it when its not your fault. Interesting how Align parts can fail too...

Oh well, it happens.
    Helis: HK450GT - Typhoon 2215+Spektrum AR6200X, HK450G/MT - Typhoon 2218+Orange6chRX, MCPX

Transmitter: Spektrum DX6i

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Daddy likey.

b

What a great video. Makes you wonder whats next. Now I can see why you wanted a phantom.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kQCGo64AU8[/youtube]

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Ddaddy

Jonesy, that is tough but I've had worse and rebuilt. *Still have a cracked bottom plate on my 450 (superglue it occasionlly) . *Take a couple day's break and start fixing 1 thing at a time, it's not too expensive (blades are the worst IMO. *I just had put a new set of Align 3G on my 500 and the first flight my newly installed carbon fiber control rod broke and hit a main blade...put a hole in it!).

And at least you were flying it like a man and not like a sissy... Uh, I'm right HERE damn it!

Edmund, thanks for watching my vidy and it was fun doing it!

Happy Bday Hugh! *Mine was Wednesday...I'm 30 too Happy, Happy birthday!Reserved space for finding 500...still haven't saw it yet!

Best,
    Dan

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: ingleburn

Daddy likey.

It would make Daddy say ''What 500?''

b

What a great video. Makes you wonder whats next. Now I can see why you wanted a phantom.*

http://[youtube]http://www.youtube.c...[/youtube]

It REALLY IS amazing. It's one of the 1st things Simon and I did with the Big Lama. Strapped a keyfob cam on it!

Then CP came and I did a little caming but it's not that great a platform for someone like me (read: too lazy to PERFECTLY harmonically balance my crap)!

Since I AM a flying sissy I am at stasis on my flying ability and I find the DJI Phantom VERY intriguing a platform.

I just wish I could hold out not 5 years but another season as I am CERTAIN that competition is around the corner.

It's 800USD to get up w/ a Hero 2 and I feel confident that more and better are on the horizon!

I could have used it on my last two vacations to get REALLY good viddy of some ruins and the place where the 1st shot fired of our US Civil War occured!

My club is having a swap meet Sept. 12th. I think I'll keep the little 'un but the 500 MAY be giving way along with a catamaran sail boat and a .60 size gas engine and a seldom used Swamp Dawg airboat!

All the best!

b

Some more AXN Almost 900 meters

Had a Spektrum glitch (I think). Also, flying late in the day when the Sun is low doesn't get the best video nor is it as easy to see flying with the goggles. Music sure makes it better too!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJqsC1170Ts[/youtube]

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Some more AXN *Almost 900 meters

Had a Spektrum glitch (I think). *Also, flying late in the day when the Sun is low doesn't get the best video nor is it as easy to see flying with the goggles. *Music sure makes it better too!*

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJqsC1170Ts[/youtube]

The end of a lovely day it looks like!

You folks need some rain!

Remind me. What gear are you using?

Fat Shark?? ect?

b

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi guys, well thanks for the words of encouragment regarding the 500 wreck. I've slept on it and had a number of cups of coffee since the crash After a return to the crash site and a lenghty scouring of the debri zone for some salvageable parts I've decided the 500 will be back.

I can tell you pulling down the 500 is MUCH more fun than pulling down a 450 for a repair. After sifting through the mess it looks like I"ve ejected the boom, but not completely... far enough to disengage the torque tube which is why I lost the tail. There's been a boom strike on impact which has ripped it out the rest of the way and where most of the damage was done.

I should have pinned the boom. I was going to do it...twice... but it was really tight and I could not pull it out by hand so I thought it would be ok. Wrong !

So anyways the 500 will be back. The 500 kit came with a belt tail so that's what will be going back on it as Brian mentioned. I have spares and a few bits that did not go on from the original kit so that will go towards easing the pain.

@Daddy - Good stuff on the fpv.

The DJI Phantom I think is overrated and overpriced. It's interesting everytime you see a phantom vid all the videos that come up related are the crash vids or the stuff that's wrong with them. Check out this guy. Phantom was too smart for it's own good.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Tpzz54xaIY[/youtube]

Tarot 500 FBL ZYX-S, Tarot 450 PRO V2 FBL ZYX , Tarot 450 PRO V2 FBL ZYX-S , MCPx V2, Nano CPx, Q450 Quad (APM 2.5), AXN Floater Jet, Tek Sumo Flying Wing

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: ahamay

Hi guys, well thanks for the words of encouragment regarding the 500 wreck. *I've slept on it and had a number of cups of coffee since the crash *After a return to the crash site and a lenghty scouring of the debri zone for some salvageable parts I've decided the 500 will be back.

YAY!!!!

I can tell you pulling down the 500 is MUCH more fun than pulling down a 450 for a repair. *After sifting through the mess it looks like I''ve ejected the boom, but not completely... far enough to disengage the torque tube which is why I lost the tail. *There's been a boom strike on impact which has ripped it out the rest of the way and where most of the damage was done. *

(Kinda new it was pilot error!)

I should have pinned the boom. *I was going to do it...twice... but it was really tight and I could not pull it out by hand so I thought it would be ok. *Wrong !

Yeppers, I have done the exact same thing. I look back on my "inner dialogue and how many times I should have listened to it. On the job I listen to it well. Off duty, that's another thing

So anyways the 500 will be back. *The 500 kit came with a belt tail so that's what will be going back on it as Brian mentioned. *I have spares and a few bits that did not go on from the original kit so that will go towards easing the pain.

Um yeah, try not to crash it this time! [:@]

@Daddy - Good stuff on the fpv.

The DJI Phantom I think is overrated and overpriced. *It's interesting every-time you see a phantom vid all the videos that come up related are the crash vids or the stuff that's wrong with them. *Check out this guy. *Phantom was too smart for it's own good.

Lemme think about this. Yah, it is overrated because there is not an analog out there for performance and price point. No where NEAR for PNF. My options are that I need to wait out the tech until something close comes along or to get with the three guys at the flying club and build one. They have the amazing ability to cut short the learning curve b/c they know how to program the thing. I'm lazy and simply want to FLY and not screw with the build. The injury viddy was good as I have seen DOZENS of them and the point is well made (I wish Phil was still here to tell us again about the Walkera that hit him in his back and the other heli that LITERALLY almost severed his pinky finger). I have read the fourms COMPLETELY and find all an acceptable risk. What is NOT acceptable is buying a 1st round product that may take off and NOT come back! 1K down the drain! This HAS happened to one of the Club guys while over seas with his homemade rig. He lost one of this 3 1000USD rigs in a rock field in a foreign land! DOH! I said all that to say this: I am gravitating toward this spectrum of the hobby and will leave the CP's behind eventually. Feel free to send me any thing similar to this if you run into it! As long as it's not Tarot!

Fat Shark?? ect?

b
    We been geting just the right amount of rain actually. Crops are looking great compared to the last few years.

Fatshark Predator V1. Just put a 2.8mm lens on vs the 3.6.

FPVJapan DVR.

AXN with 6x4e prop.

2200mah 40c for power and a 500mah 20c for video Tx and camera (not required but eliminates a brownout losing video)

AR500 and DX6i

What I plan to get/upgrade;

Remzibi OSD

ER9X with OpenLRS Tx and Rx system

Helical ot 12 dbi patch antenna

Yea Jonesy! Much easier to work on! Glad you found the problem, did you have it taped? I agree on the DJI too btw. Platform a bit small IMO. But I do understand if someone wants pnf. I may build a bones kit one day...to me building and flying that would be cooler than the dji.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Fat Shark?? ect?

b
    We been geting just the right amount of rain actually. *Crops are looking great compared to the last few years.

Fatshark Predator V1. *Just put a 2.8mm lens on vs the 3.6. *

FPVJapan DVR.

AXN with 6x4e prop.

2200mah 40c for power and a 500mah 20c for video Tx and camera (not required but eliminates a brownout losing video)

AR500 and DX6i

What I plan to get/upgrade;

Remzibi OSD

ER9X with OpenLRS Tx and Rx system

Helical ot 12 dbi patch antenna

Yea Jonesy! *Much easier to work on! *Glad you found the problem, did you have it taped? (figured someone HAD to ask! I figgered one niggle at a time. Well?)*I agree on the DJI too btw. *Platform a bit small IMO. *But I do understand if someone wants pnf. *I may build a bones kit one day...to me building and flying that would be cooler than the dji.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hmmmm someone had a birthday today???

Hugh

[8D]

You'll find as you get older it's harder to keep it (heli) up!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hugh

[8D]

You'll find as you get older it's harder to keep it (heli) up!

Happy Birthday Hugh!

b

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thank's Guy's the big 50 was the 6th the wifie is having a get together with the family today Only the shadow knows what they have planed?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: hugj

Thank's Guy's the big 50 was the 6th the wifie is having a get together with the family today Only the shadow knows what they have planed?
    Wow!! 50!

Yah, My friends are after me to all lets go to an island in the Caribbean and I think, I shall stay home and have a very, very quiet 50th!

Many returns!

b

The 5th for me and only 49!  I'm with rb...some peace and quite...and maybe a Thai hooker or 2!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi guys, well thanks for the words of encouragment regarding the 500 wreck. I've slept on it and had a number of cups of coffee since the crash After a return to the crash site and a lenghty scouring of the debri zone for some salvageable parts I've decided the 500 will be back.

I can tell you pulling down the 500 is MUCH more fun than pulling down a 450 for a repair. After sifting through the mess it looks like I"ve ejected the boom, but not completely... far enough to disengage the torque tube which is why I lost the tail. There's been a boom strike on impact which has ripped it out the rest of the way and where most of the damage was done.

I should have pinned the boom. I was going to do it...twice... but it was really tight and I could not pull it out by hand so I thought it would be ok. Wrong !

So anyways the 500 will be back. The 500 kit came with a belt tail so that's what will be going back on it as Brian mentioned. I have spares and a few bits that did not go on from the original kit so that will go towards easing the pain.

Thanks for reminding me that I havent pinned my boom yet. Off to do it now.
    Glad you found the problem and hope to see it in the air soon.
    Where are you ordering your parts from. I gave miracle mart a go last time and they were a week quicker than HK or OOModel.

Just thinking about it I wonder how the boom can be ejected if the boom braces are tight? Anyone care to offer an explanation?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

A belated Happy Birthday to Hugh and Ddaddy. Yeah 50 isnt that bad although I sure felt it the day after my party
    Try as I might to let it pass without a fuss the family and friends had other ideas.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Where are you ordering your parts from. I gave miracle mart a go last time and they were a week quicker than HK or OOModel.
    Just thinking about it I wonder how the boom can be ejected if the boom braces are tight? Anyone care to offer an explanation?
    I'm ordering my Tarot stuff from Miracle mart, oomodel shipping just takes too long. If they posted stuff the same day you order, it would not be so bad but they can take upto a week to even post it. It's because they don't have everthing in stock on their website and there is no stock tracking online. You can only buy from MM if they have it in stock from the website.

Regarding the boom braces they are really nothing but a brace. The two ends that attach at the front slide onto the rods. I CA'd my support rod end but there's no structural support from moving backwards.

The TT setup should really have a pin in the front like the tailcase has at the rear to stop it coming off. At least you can't eject a boom with a belt tail It can still come loose and you lose the tail though.

Tarot 500 FBL ZYX-S, Tarot 450 PRO V2 FBL ZYX , Tarot 450 PRO V2 FBL ZYX-S , MCPx V2, Nano CPx, Q450 Quad (APM 2.5), AXN Floater Jet, Tek Sumo Flying Wing

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I'm ordering my Tarot stuff from Miracle mart, oomodel shipping just takes too long. If they posted stuff the same day you order, it would not be so bad but they can take upto a week to even post it. It's because they don't have everthing in stock on their website and there is no stock tracking online. You can only buy from MM if they have it in stock from the website.

Regarding the boom braces they are really nothing but a brace. The two ends that attach at the front slide onto the rods. I CA'd my support rod end but there's no structural support from moving backwards.

The TT setup should really have a pin in the front like the tailcase has at the rear to stop it coming off. At least you can't eject a boom with a belt tail It can still come loose and you lose the tail though.
    Yes I found that out the hard way although I had the belt twisted not loose. Did the ZYX survive or do you need a new one.

[/quote]

Page 72 of 80 FirstFirst ... 22627071727374 ... LastLast