Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 75 of 80 FirstFirst ... 25657374757677 ... LastLast
Results 1,851 to 1,875 of 1986

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

hey guys i just ordered a HK-450 v2 should arrive soon. how is the quality of it? i want to do the following setup: Align 750 gyro, hitec 81hs tail servo, 3 tower pro sg90 servos, hyperion 30a esc, an esky belt cp stock motor, and an orange rx with my dx7. Think i will have any problems with this setup??
    DX7 Transmitter, KDS-600 Innova, HK-450, V922, V911 Thundercat 31 nitro boat

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: helicrazedout

hey guys i just ordered a HK-450 v2 should arrive soon. how is the quality of it? i want to do the following setup: Align 750 gyro, hitec 81hs tail servo, 3 tower pro sg90 servos, hyperion 30a esc, an esky belt cp stock motor, and an orange rx with my dx7. Think i will have any problems with this setup??
    I think your electronics will be more than satisfactory. I have flown various Align gyros, and while they are very nice, the HK401B works great once you do the hot glue mod. You can find this modification on YouTube, and one of our members (Rob) posted a great video about it.
    I have been using the Tower Pro MG90s servos with great results, and have upgraded to the XGD-10HM digital servos for use on the flybarless 450s.

The quality of the HK 450 is not even near par to the name brands, but it is definately less expensive from the start with one. By the time you get all the quirks, sub-par parts, bad chinese bearings, weak gears, and the lot sorted, you may have just as soon purchased an Align 450.

There is a lot of information on this thread, and many folks that have been where you are not so long ago, and they are all willing to help.

Welcome to the thread, stick around and get to know some of us.
    Bryan

Carl Goldberg Ultimate 10-300 Brotherhood. #23

Landing is one aerobatic maneuver that MUST be mastered!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks for the welcome Bryan, i will definitely stick around as this hobby does not let go that easy i will definitely youtube the hot glue mod as i am sure it won't be long until i get my hands on a hk401b. hmm so from what you are saying there are certain parts that i should just trade out of the HK kit immediately? Guess i will just buy align parts then like the main gear heard it strips? Oh well living in South Africa makes this hobby very hard lemme tell ya! the local hobby shops i deal with take FOREVER to get stock i am still waiting on batteries for my KDS-600 been like 6 weeks at least the guy told me that my HK-450 should be here next week i just hate waiting ahhh []

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Welcome helicrazedout !

b
    FrSky Taranis (rev B) w/ Spektrum Module/ Spektrum DX7 (soon to be retired) / Align 500CF FBL w/ FU-BAR Gyro / Blade MCP X Brushless Mod / Gemini 600 Catamaran / Red and Blue Nirvana II one meter sail boats / Paradise sail boat /Big Swamp Buggy / HobbyKing "Swamp Dawg" / Slow Stick / HK Firefly Q450 Quad w/ HK Mega FC board / Durafly T-28 / H/H Icon - A5 / E Flite Piper L-4/ Parkzone UM T-28 / HK Fox Glider / Fat Shark Attitudes FPV Goggles / Mobius Actioncam / Teksumo /1200mm Popwing

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Welcome helicrazedout (known as normal around here

Ken
    MCX, MSR, BOL, Blade SR, franKENblade 400, FBL 450, mCPX, FBL 500, AXN FPV

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks guys, haha Ddaddy amen to that

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey Guys, Yes I'm still alive!
    I know it's been along time, and I'm sure there's a boat load of new folks here that don't know me. Anyway, just wanted to say hi.
    Brian caught me on youtube and asked if I'd been flying. Sadly, no. We have a new Commander who seems to have a problem with lunch hour recreation, so it's severely cutting into my flight time since I normally fly at work. No worries though, he'll be gone soon and lunch time flights will continue as before.
    In the mean time I will continue to creep on you guys from time to time and see what's going on.
    Until next time!

Joaquin
    Belt CP V2, HK 450 MT HK 500 CMT
    Futaba 7C Tx, GY520 Gyro, S9257 Tail Servo
    www.TinkmanEngineering

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Tinkman

Hey Guys, Yes I'm still alive!
    I know it's been along time, and I'm sure there's a boat load of new folks here that don't know me. Anyway, just wanted to say hi.
    Brian caught me on youtube and asked if I'd been flying. Sadly, no. We have a new Commander who seems to have a problem with lunch hour recreation, so it's severely cutting into my flight time since I normally fly at work. No worries though, he'll be gone soon and lunch time flights will continue as before.
    In the mean time I will continue to creep on you guys from time to time and see what's going on.
    Until next time!

Joaquin

Hi again Joaquin!

Sorry to hear about the new commander and his TERRIBLE attitude toward lunch time escapades!

I recall you were into planks for a bit??? I just got my 1st Slo Stick!

Come by and visit/lurk/contribute anytime!!!

b
    FrSky Taranis (rev B) w/ Spektrum Module/ Spektrum DX7 (soon to be retired) / Align 500CF FBL w/ FU-BAR Gyro / Blade MCP X Brushless Mod / Gemini 600 Catamaran / Red and Blue Nirvana II one meter sail boats / Paradise sail boat /Big Swamp Buggy / HobbyKing "Swamp Dawg" / Slow Stick / HK Firefly Q450 Quad w/ HK Mega FC board / Durafly T-28 / H/H Icon - A5 / E Flite Piper L-4/ Parkzone UM T-28 / HK Fox Glider / Fat Shark Attitudes FPV Goggles / Mobius Actioncam / Teksumo /1200mm Popwing

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Welcome helicrazedout, Lots of great guys here and useful info and blather too.

Tinkman glad to see you are still with us! your commander should realize the great training you get by flying and use it to his advantage!

SOS here I hope to get some air time this weekend if the weather lets us.   Hugh

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yes indeed welcome

I would swap the hyperion esc for a plush or some HK 40A one.

Also the GA-250 performs like a more expensive gyro too, I dislike the HK401b.

Then, use the money saved from the ESC to buy a HK450 GT as the quality is much better, although I haven't tried the HK450V2. I probably should, Ihave enough parts now if something goes wrong.

Generally the main gears come warped, but it doesn't hurt to order a few more from HK. Of course, you can go for the Align one but it won't make much difference if you have a crash :P

Finished mid course exams for school today so you should be seeing more of me fairly soon.

Helis: HK450GT - Typhoon 2215+Spektrum AR6200X, HK450G/MT - Typhoon 2218+Orange6chRX, MCPX

Transmitter: Spektrum DX6i

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi and welcome. Judging by your signature you have some decent helis in your stable already. I'm a bit confused why you would be buying a 450-V2 You obviously have some experience with helis but honestly it's really pot luck with anything from Hobbyking. You could buy 3 of the same kit and two would be great and the other would just be garbage... so you'll have to wait and see what you end up with.

Tarot 500 FBL ZYX-S, Tarot 450 PRO V2 FBL ZYX , Tarot 450 PRO V2 FBL ZYX-S , MCPx V2, Nano CPx, Q450 Quad (APM 2.5), AXN Floater Jet, Tek Sumo Flying Wing

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Aan Helicrazedout: Nog 'n Suid Afrikaner op die forum. Baie welkom hier, die ouens is partykeer so bietjie mal maar hulle weet hoe op 'n HK450 te vlieg en beslis hoe om dit in die lug te hou nadat dit geval het.

Brian, the sugar levels have been fantastic over the last couple of months. 5.0 this morning, 5.3 for the week, 5.5 for two weeks and 5.4 for the last 30 days.

We have upcoming long weekend  and flying a heli will form part of my activities on Monday. Some part of Saturday will be spent on the shooting range due to a hunting weekend the wekend after.  

Winter has arrived here in full glory but not nearly as bad in Simon's area or those other snowy places.

Edmund

Esky Belt CP V2, Esky Belt CP V2 CX, BIG Lama, Ultimate Big Lama, Lama 4, DX6i, Align TREX 550E, Blade mCPX

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi and welcome helicrazedout.

Yeah theres a great bunch of guys on here that will help you all they can.
    Im gathering that the kit you ordered is a pro V2? That was my first ever heli and I am pretty pleased with it.
    The quality of mine was great although it was the last of my 3 that I flew as I was encouraged to try a GT first.
    Also I never flew it stock as it was converted to FBL before its maiden.
    Parts wise the only things I replaced at the start were the main gear which was warped and the main shaft bearings.
    You might look at getting another motor for it such as this. That Align gyro will be good but I would prefer a different tail servo. That one looks a bit slow and is analogue. Im using this on my other pro and its really good.

Like Jonesy Im wondering why this heli looking at what you already have.
    Maybe you need a basher to keep your hanger queens looking nice.

Edit. Just saw that HK have this kit. If its one of those good luck.
    You might be better off buying a better kit to start with.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: ingleburn

You might be better off buying a ANYOTHER kit to start with.

Carl Goldberg Ultimate 10-300 Brotherhood. #23

Landing is one aerobatic maneuver that MUST be mastered!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Just saw this on Hobbykinglive and thought it was a great idea until I found out its only for planks. Oh well you guys that fly might be interested.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gF3rgE9aS5I&feature=em-uploademail[/youtube]

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I was at a heli championship last year where they had strapped some funny GPS system to the helis to measure the highest speed attained during flight. My 550e piloted by a very skilled pilot - NOT ME- reached 153km/h.  

I know Buzz beta tested some device on his quad doing the same but it could also fly back to him without him being on the sticks.

Edmund
    Esky Belt CP V2, Esky Belt CP V2 CX, BIG Lama, Ultimate Big Lama, Lama 4, DX6i, Align TREX 550E, Blade mCPX

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4lQB3Kgh9M&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: pushinoldrc

You might be better off buying a ANYOTHER kit to start with.

I would think you'd still get a doppler shift from the heli and it should work...depending on how well the algoritym is written. Of course headspeed need to be stable and to be most accurate it needs to be a close flyby...this would concern me with ME flying!

Just ordered an OSD for me plank...$65. It has gps and will give speed, alt, heading, distance away etc. Pretty cool...or so I hope! I still can not get over how easy it is to lose your location on fpv a few hundred meters from you and a couple hundred meters high! Can check it out here.[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dkon0AnBFX0[/youtube][youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNH0p-gK3Ww[/youtube]
    And how easily and versitile it can be configured amazes me!
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7dNiiP6azc[/youtube]

Yesterday when I was flying at high noon I took my goggle off to land and WOW! takes a (seemingly) long time to see and find the aircraft! Haven't done a fpv landing yet...

Ya'll want more vidy's?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

After having a detailed post yet again lost to this forum's retarded editor, I decided to take RCU up on their offer to "bring it to the attention of the administrator". Here is my recent eMail to support@rcuniverse.com:

Session timeout WHILE I'm composing a post for the bazillionth time...

You know, I really like the friends I've made while a member of RCU; but I positively LOATHE your forum configuration. Aside from it going t1ts-up every time a thread gets up around 75-100 pages, your editor session configuration is a total PITA too.

I can sortof understand having a session timeout to free up resources; but REALLY... there is no excuse for it being as short as it is. And then, on top of that, you have your damned javascript set so it purges MY cache of the session and I lose everything.

You guys drive people away with this lame BS; I CRINGE sometimes when I think of responding to a post because of it. You're almost as bad as Yahoo. Come to think of it, you guys and Yahoo are the only folks I have this problem with. Are they managing your forum servers?

If you don't want people to use your resources, you shouldn't be hosting a BBS; just make it a closed commercial blog and have done with it.

Thanks for all the assache,

Paul in San Antonio

On an unrelated note; I just picked up this really nice all-in-one flight bag from HeliDirect on their Fathers Day Sale;

http://helidirect.com/mini-heli-tote...450-p-4977.hdx

I know not a lot of us are still flogging 450-size helis; but I'm pretty sure it can be adapted to other helis, and I know some of the folding quads will fit in it as well.

Seems like a really nice kit bag, and only $25 with shipping.

mnem
    *bagged but not yet tagged*
    *HK450GTV2/Hausler450V2/EXI450Pro/HDX450/V911/V913/V959/GeniusCP/AxiusCP/9XR/DEVO-7*

Cub Brother #144 - \"The Gross\"

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi guys hope all is well! Kozzy 98 - i know there are better esc's out there it's just the point of this project is to not spend too much money and a friend is actually giving me this esc for pretty much nothing. As for the rest of the parts they are just old parts that have been sitting around for a long time doing jack-all, luckily they have hardly been used so i doubt there will be any problems with them but hey who knows.

ahamay- haha yes judging from my signature it would appear confusing as to why i would even bother wit the HK. Well i only just got my KDS-600 recently in fact i have never even flown it yet i am still waiting for the dang batteries to arrive my T-rex 450 pro is also out of action at the moment due to one to many crashes it is going to cost me a bit to fix up i will have to get round to it one of these days. As for the HK maybe i added that in to my signature a bit early as it is only supposed to arrive next week but then again i get a little too excited over these things The reason i want the HK is to use all my spare parts that are just sitting around i have enough parts for everything all i need is the body (HK) also i have never owned an HK so i thought the build might be fun!

Edmund- Sorry boet! my Afrikaans is absolutely terrible. i was born in South Africa but had my childhood in America in sunny California after which at the age of 13 came back to SA and have been living here for many years now. Everyone makes fun of me for not knowing Afriakaans! Awesome to see that there are other SA flyers around here way to put South Africa on the map[8D]

ingleburn- Thanks for all the info, ahhh i never knew that there was much of a difference between the v2 and gt versions??? i would of got the GT version then[:@] oh well too late now... yeah i think i just might trade out my tail servo for the TGY it looks promising not too sure of the hitec. Well all my hanger queens are grounded at the moment waiting on parts for them so i figure the HK will keep me busy in the mean time, it's always a pleasure to add another bird to the collection. And yes it is that kit from HK!

Ddaddy- Thanks you have just scarred me more about this HK kit...[X(] Those are some amazing videos yes we want more!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

sorry double post

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Ddaddy

ORIGINAL: pushinoldrc

Edit. Β*Just saw that HK have this kit. If its one of those good luck.Β*
    You might be better off buying a ANYΒ*OTHER kit to start with.

I would think you'd still get a doppler shift from the heli and it should work...depending on how well the algoritym is written. Β*Of course headspeed need to be stable and to be most accurate it needs to be a close flyby...this would concern me with ME flying!

Just ordered an OSD for me plank...$65. Β*It has gps and will give speed, alt, heading, distance away etc. Β*Pretty cool...or so I hope! Β*I still can not get over how easy it is to lose your location on fpv a few hundred meters from you and a couple hundred meters high! Β*Can check it out here.Β*
    And how easily and versitile it can be configured amazes me!

Yesterday when I was flying at high noon I took my goggle off to land and WOW! takes a (seemingly) long time to see and find the aircraft! Β*Haven't done a fpv landing yet...

Ya'll want more vidy's?

Yah, that's cool as hell!

When I fly with the "agency", in MY area, it's amazing how quick you can loose track!

I'd LOVE to see more viddys as eventually, EVERYONE will deviate from your initial course or just burn out and fade away.

b
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xv63124.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	134.6 KB 
ID:	1891231  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: mnemennth

After having a detailed post yet again lost to this forum's retarded editor, I decided to take RCU up on their offer to ''bring it to the attention of the administrator''. Here is my recent eMail to support@rcuniverse.com:

Session timeout WHILE I'm composing a post for the bazillionth time...

You know, I really like the friends I've made while a member of RCU; but I positively LOATHE your forum configuration. Aside from it going t1ts-up every time a thread gets up around 75-100 pages, your editor session configuration is a total PITA too.

I can sortof understand having a session timeout to free up resources; but REALLY... there is no excuse for it being as short as it is. And then, on top of that, you have your damned javascript set so it purges MY cache of the session and I lose everything.

You guys drive people away with this lame BS; I CRINGE sometimes when I think of responding to a post because of it. You're almost as bad as Yahoo. Come to think of it, you guys and Yahoo are the only folks I have this problem with. Are they managing your forum servers?

If you don't want people to use your resources, you shouldn't be hosting a BBS; just make it a closed commercial blog and have done with it.

Thanks for all the assache,

Paul in San Antonio

On an unrelated note; I just picked up this really nice all-in-one flight bag from HeliDirect on their Fathers Day Sale;

[img][/img]

http://helidirect.com/mini-heli-tote...450-p-4977.hdx

I know not a lot of us are still flogging 450-size helis; but I'm pretty sure it can be adapted to other helis, and I know some of the folding quads will fit in it as well.

Seems like a really nice kit bag, and only $25 with shipping.

mnem
    *bagged but not yet tagged*

Yah, I feel ya!

Years ago as a "work around" I ended up with FireFox and if you hit the back button after RCU "eats" your unbelievably scintillating and amazingly brilliant essay (ALL mine are) you simply hit the "back button" and it's there. A great save but VERY frustrating it is![:@]

Great FIND on the bag!!!

Ya, OT IS the word of the day on this forum.

I consider it the "anti Tom Frank" forum thread.

If I see something here I don't like I use that down arrow on the right side of my keyboard.

But I never have!

All the best!!

b

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

EVERYONE will deviate from their initial course or just burn out and fade away.
    Yep, it's good to have many hobbies. I find that I eventually round back to them all...right now, fishing more!

BTW, did y'all find who stole the doors off your heli?

Best,
    Ken

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Ddaddy

Β*
    EVERYONE will deviate from their initial course or just burn out and fade away.
    Yep, it's good to have many hobbies. Β*I find that I eventually round back to them all...right now, fishing more!

BTW, did y'all find who stole the doors off your heli?

Best,
    Ken

Fishing is good!

Oddly, given my career choice I am kinda fished out and have had to deviate from what I do for a living.

It's easily described this way:

"I just ain't mad at deer/fish/turkey/dove/(you get the idea) anymore."

Yah, we prolly aught to look for the doors sometime.

It makes flying a pleasure in that it's soooooo much cooler in the cabin and visibility is HIGH!

98.2F here in the shade!

b

Page 75 of 80 FirstFirst ... 25657374757677 ... LastLast