Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 76 of 80 FirstFirst ... 26667475767778 ... LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,900 of 1986

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

The Phantom is virtually obsolete.........

Ridiculous viddy interview of the CEO of DJI [link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Rht-QarvEM4#![/link]HERE!

EDIT:

The actual DJI Vision article is at this URL but I can't make a clickable linky due to the amazingly skeevy and crappy software RCU is using.

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/4/prweb10608640.htm

FrSky Taranis (rev B) w/ Spektrum Module/ Spektrum DX7/ Align 500CF FBL w/ FU-BAR Gyro / Blade MCP X Brushless Mod / Red and Blue Nirvana II one meter sail boats / HobbyKing "Swamp Dawg" / Slow Stick / HK Firefly Q450 Quad w/ HK Mega FC board / Durafly T-28 / H/H Icon - A5 X 2.5/ E Flite Piper L-4/ Parkzone UM T-28 / HK Fox Glider / Fat Shark Attitudes FPV Goggles / Mobius Actioncam / Teksumo /1200mm Popwing/ SFFD Fire boat / QAV250 FPV (Afromini!

Thats one lagy video rb...at 2:45 presently and all I can say so far is...the reporter is....challenged!
    MCX, MSR, BOL, Blade SR, franKENblade 400, FBL 450, mCPX, FBL 500, AXN FPV

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Ddaddy

Thats one lagy video rb...at 2:45 presently and all I can say so far is...the reporter is....challenged!Β*

Hiya Dan!

Yah, he is, amazingly bad and when folks call him out on it in the YT comments he attacks them back.

Take ownership of how bad you are beeeeaaaachhhh and make it better.

Don't hate the players......

Anyhooo after doing a forensic listen (read: over and over again) I found that the reporter actually asked good questions, he just let Mr. CEO Biceps bowl him over. He literally sounded like the "Swingline Schtapler" guy (who I LOVED in Oh, Brother and Boardwalk Empire) from office space.

Put yer BIG BOY pants on interviewer!! But I digress.

Good info gleaned about the future.

The most interesting part of the interview was: DID YOU SEE THAT A S S CEO FLYING THAT QUAD OVER THE CROWD??? WHOA??!??!

I MAY have to sit it out another calendar year b/c when other folk get into the fray of camera quads with these great features the features will rise and the price will drop. I really, really, need to get with the quad geeks at my field b/c if I can just build one (waaaaaaaay more simple than a heli. Very few moving parts) I may get more bang for me buck b/c after a while one can have cool features but if you are only getting 7 minutes (with a tail wind) why bother. Particularly now I am getting a weee bit horny about FPV. These Fat Shark systems are literally PNP! But I'm preachin' to the choir aren't I?

All the best kidZ!

b
    FrSky Taranis (rev B) w/ Spektrum Module/ Spektrum DX7/ Align 500CF FBL w/ FU-BAR Gyro / Blade MCP X Brushless Mod / Red and Blue Nirvana II one meter sail boats / HobbyKing "Swamp Dawg" / Slow Stick / HK Firefly Q450 Quad w/ HK Mega FC board / Durafly T-28 / H/H Icon - A5 X 2.5/ E Flite Piper L-4/ Parkzone UM T-28 / HK Fox Glider / Fat Shark Attitudes FPV Goggles / Mobius Actioncam / Teksumo /1200mm Popwing/ SFFD Fire boat / QAV250 FPV (Afromini!

I MAY have to sit it out another calendar year don't, you'll getr left behind...or I'm gonna wait cause it will be better tomorrow, always the case and you'll never have anything

I really, really, need to get with the quad geeks at my field b/c if I can just build one (waaaaaaaay more simple than a heli. Very few moving parts) yes sir

I may get more bang for me buck b/c after a while one can have cool features but if you are only getting 7 minutes (with a tail wind) why bother. Yea, why I changed from fpv heli to fpv plane but if you want tight shots for a longer period...multirotor is the ticket imo without ever flown one

Particularly now I am getting a weee bit horny about FPV. These Fat Shark systems are literally PNP! But I'm preachin' to the choir aren't I?
    Yea, saw the yt comments just now...d a m n this is the laginess video I've ever tried to watch! What got me about the reporter and I've basiclly tuned him out since the first minute...how many f'ing times does he have to tell him the RC control is 5.8 and the video is 2.4! Now engineering wise I don't agree with that design decission, but he was pretty clear about 5 million times!

edit...I just posted a couple niggles (ok mean) on the yt myself...I couldn't help it...I'm only human!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I MAY have to sit it out another calendar year don't, you'll getr left behind...or I'm gonna wait cause it will be better tomorrow, always the case and you'll never have anything

Β*I really, really, need to get with the quad geeks at my field b/c if I can just build one (waaaaaaaay more simple than a heli. Very few moving parts) yes sir

I may get more bang for me buck b/c after a while one can have cool features but if you are only getting 7 minutes (with a tail wind) why bother. Yea, why I changed from fpv heli to fpv plane but if you want tight shots for a longer period...multirotor is the ticket imo without ever flown one

Β*Particularly now I am getting a weee bit horny about FPV. These Fat Shark systems are literally PNP! But I'm preachin' to the choir aren't I?Β*[img][/img]
    Yea, saw the yt comments just now...d a m n this is the laginess video I've ever tried to watch! Β*What got me about the reporter and I've basiclly tuned him out since the first minute...how many f'ing times does he have to tell him the RC control is 5.8 and the video is 2.4! Now engineering wise I don't agree with that design decission, but he was pretty clear about 5 million times!
    Yah, wifey is gonna have to hook me up for xmas so either piecemeal a homebuilt one or an RTF. Eith way some S needs to be viddied by me from a quad!

B

Bones kit, $15
    Motors $40
    Electronics $60
    Nazi $100 (?)
    Fatsharks $300
    DVR $100
    niggling rb...priceless....

And why go with only 4...you only live once,SEXACOPTER BABE!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: rikybob

The Phantom is virtually obsolete.........

Ridiculous viddy interview of the CEO of DJI [link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Rht-QarvEM4#![/link]HERE!

EDIT:

The actual DJI Vision article is at this URL but I can't make a clickable linky due to the amazingly skeevy and crappy software RCU is using.

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/4/prweb10608640.htm

What a cool video. Mine didnt lag once and I bet I know what Brian is getting for xmas.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: helicrazedout

Hi guys hope all is well! Kozzy 98 - i know there are better esc's out there it's just the point of this project is to not spend too much money and a friend is actually giving me this esc for pretty much nothing. As for the rest of the parts they are just old parts that have been sitting around for a long time doing jack-all, luckily they have hardly been used so i doubt there will be any problems with them but hey who knows.

ahamay- haha yes judging from my signature it would appear confusing as to why i would even bother wit the HK. Well i only just got my KDS-600 recently in fact i have never even flown it yet i am still waiting for the dang batteries to arrive my T-rex 450 pro is also out of action at the moment due to one to many crashes it is going to cost me a bit to fix up i will have to get round to it one of these days. As for the HK maybe i added that in to my signature a bit early as it is only supposed to arrive next week but then again i get a little too excited over these things The reason i want the HK is to use all my spare parts that are just sitting around i have enough parts for everything all i need is the body (HK) also i have never owned an HK so i thought the build might be fun!

Edmund- Sorry boet! my Afrikaans is absolutely terrible. i was born in South Africa but had my childhood in America in sunny California after which at the age of 13 came back to SA and have been living here for many years now. Everyone makes fun of me for not knowing Afriakaans! Awesome to see that there are other SA flyers around here way to put South Africa on the map[8D]

ingleburn- Thanks for all the info, ahhh i never knew that there was much of a difference between the v2 and gt versions??? i would of got the GT version then[:@] oh well too late now... yeah i think i just might trade out my tail servo for the TGY it looks promising not too sure of the hitec. Well all my hanger queens are grounded at the moment waiting on parts for them so i figure the HK will keep me busy in the mean time, it's always a pleasure to add another bird to the collection. And yes it is that kit from HK!

Ddaddy- Thanks you have just scarred me more about this HK kit...[X(] Those are some amazing videos yes we want more!
    You may have to replace a few parts but Im sure you will get it flying.
    Make sure you post a vid of the 600 as I was looking at the KDS,s and would be interested in knowing how they are. My next heli may be a 500 but the innova 550 caught my eye.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Arrrrh....... all set for a maiden at lunch today after the 500 rebuild...and I get called away on a high priority "IT Issue". How dare "IT Issues" get in the way of my stick time. Hopefully tomorrow.

Tarot 500 FBL ZYX-S, Tarot 450 PRO V2 FBL ZYX , Tarot 450 PRO V2 FBL ZYX-S , MCPx V2, Nano CPx, Q450 Quad (APM 2.5), AXN Floater Jet, Tek Sumo Flying Wing

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

@ Dan - Yah, that's kinda what the quad geeks are sayin'. Nazi??? Oh, yer going to hell sir!

@ Ingleburn - Quads = Flying for the uncoordinated!

@ Jonesy - Sorry you got hosed by the job!! Forgive me but being a self taught IT guy since the 70's starting with the VIC 20 I have been working with GEEKS for decades! This is how I picture the "IT Emergency" being handled!
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETYThmhPLRc[/youtube]

b

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Piffle,

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sOrYyiWCn0&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54Od3_GfEHY&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yes i will definitely post some pictures and video of my KDS 600 once she is airworthy. ingleburn as far as quality goes i have to say i am quite impressed with the KDS. The parts all seem to be of high quality and i had almost no trouble building the kit. Mechanical operation seems very smooth.

On another note i feel like an idiot right now[:@] just found out that i should of ordered the HK GT version NOT the V2 version as in the GT pro version most of the plastic parts have all been traded out for alloy parts and it is pretty much an all around more durable bird.....oh well i guess.
    DX7 Transmitter, KDS-600 Innova, HK-450, V922, V911 Thundercat 31 nitro boat

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yes i will definitely post some pictures and video of my KDS 600 once she is airworthy. ingleburn as far as quality goes i have to say i am quite impressed with the KDS. The parts all seem to be of high quality and i had almost no trouble building the kit. Mechanical operation seems very smooth.

On another note i feel like an idiot right now[:@] just found out that i should of ordered the HK GT version NOT the V2 version as in the GT pro version most of the plastic parts have all been traded out for alloy parts and it is pretty much an all around more durable bird.....oh well i guess.
    Thats why Im glad I found this thread before I bought anything. Still hasnt stopped me from buying some useless stuff thoughbut thats my fault.
    Simon has a couple of the cheapo helis that he flies quite nicely but a lot of work needed on them. Im sure when he gets out of holiday mode he will pop in and share his wisdom.

Simon has a couple of the cheapo helis that he flies quite nicely but a lot of work needed on them. Im sure when he gets out of holiday mode he will pop in and share his wisdom.
    Yea, about time that bloody Brit gets back.....jk

rbDan

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Well you can only learn in this hobby and i look forward to meeting this Brit with the chepo helis

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZlAKqrddII[/youtube]
    This must be the millionaires helicopter club or something right?[X(]
    DX7 Transmitter, KDS-600 Innova, HK-450, V922, V911 Thundercat 31 nitro boat

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Uh, WOW!

b

HERE!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Uh, WOW!
    b
    HERE!

Stop researching ther phantom.... there rubbish I tell ya..... oh and superceeded

Now to more important things...... I did a lazy pack onthe 500 today to test it all out and it was great. That belt tail is music to my ears, they are much quieter than the TT.... I can hear the sweet sound of those blades better. Speaking of blades, the blue carbon blades that came with the kit that I have on it are invisible when you spool it up... very creepy.

Peace!

Tarot 500 FBL ZYX-S, Tarot 450 PRO V2 FBL ZYX , Tarot 450 PRO V2 FBL ZYX-S , MCPx V2, Nano CPx, Q450 Quad (APM 2.5), AXN Floater Jet, Tek Sumo Flying Wing

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: ahamay

Uh, WOW!
    b
    HERE!

Stop researching ther phantom.... there rubbish I tell ya..... oh and superceededΒ*[img][/img]

Whatevers IT boy! I'm soooo horny for this platform I can't stand it! [8D]

Now to more important things...... I did a lazy pack onthe 500 today to test it all out and it was great. Β*That belt tail is music to my ears, they are much quieter than the TT.... I can hear the sweet sound of those blades better. Β*Speaking of blades, the blue carbon blades that came with the kit that I have on it are invisible when you spool it up... very creepy.

Yah, never did like that with my old black carbons. Glad you are back in the air now recheck all your ****e and lets not crash again any time soon, shall we?[:@]

Peace! ...and onion grease!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxCEOpBdVoo&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNzHz9JOKMc[/youtube]

Umm, small crankbait on the sailboat and a buzz bait on the swamp buggy! Now that would make a video!
    Tape on the rudders? $40 for paint!
    Was cool to watch! D_mn, now I want a sailboat...umm, need FPV submarine...that should be a fishin finding market (with dji like control).
    Hot here too, want to go fly over a sunflower field but too hot and humid!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Umm, small crankbait on the sailboat and a buzz bait on the swamp buggy! Β*Now that would make a video!
    Β*
    Tape on the rudders? Β*$40 for paint!
    Β*
    Was cool to watch! D_mn, now I want a sailboat...umm, need FPV submarine...that should be a fishin finding market (with dji like control).
    Β*
    Hot here too, want to go fly over a sunflower field but too hot and humid!

Yah, been looking at THIS for fun for a long time!

Had to MAKE myself get out and R/C today so GO FLY over the sunflower field!!!

Time to get ready for "work"!

All the best!

b

Grrrrr Plug in this > http://www.ebay.com/itm/Remote-Contr...481#vi-content

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

HeliCrazed-0

Yeah, that was the gist of my post that the RCU Suck... errr, Server ate.

The HK450GT was my very first Heli; I got it over 2 years ago. After a dozen catastrophic crashes, it still has original chassis, main head & grips, tail less rotor which is still somewhere in the back yard, and tail drive.

The HK450 GT&V2 are pretty faithful clones; this means that the assembly headaches (like having to fiddle with tiny nuts for the servos & the servos right in the way of the motor screws) of the Align design are carried forward. I personally prefer the Aeolian/ Hausler 450 V2 for a cheap 450 chassis; MUCH better laid out and much quicker, hassle free assembly. And CHEAP.

The first thing you need to fix with the HKkit is the main gear hub & 1-way bearing; I bought 5 with my 450GT and not ONE of them ran true. This will make you think EVERYDAMNEDMAINGEAR you put on the thing is crooked, when with the HK gears, the truth is more like only about 2/3 of them really are. (This is based on the 2 sets that came with and the 6 sets I bought as spares along with; I got 2 good main gears & 2 good tail-drive gears from the lot, plus another of each that were just passable)

You can buy the 1-way bearing press by Align for about $4 anywhere; but you need a good vise with jaws that run true to use it, or it'll press the bearings in crooked and duplicate the issue you're trying to fix. A C-Clamp is NOT"good enough"! The Align 1-way bearings are about $6-7. I have no experience with A-Main Hobbies; they're just the first hit from Google to show you:

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...g-Removal-Tool

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ne-way-Bearing

Once you've got a good hub & 1-way bearing that actually run true, you can check your main gears; if they run true, even after spinning the 1-way backwards so it free-wheels, Yay! Otherwise, time to go gear shopping. This is quite possibly the single most important thing you can do (aside from properly balancing your main & tail blades) to eliminate vibration in these el-cheapo helis.

If you're not ready for that mess, I recommend just upgrading to the Align revised main gear set at around $18:

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...Gear-Set-White

It'll save you OODLESof assache in the long run, plus it'll get you a good Align hub & 1-way bearing that you'll know is true which can be used with other gears if need be.

Aside from that, you'll have to replace every bearing in the heli; especially the tail. Mine ALLfailed in the first dozen flights; I swear, main gear, hub or motor... EVERYDAMNEDBEARING HKSELLSis made from case-hardened cheese.

Truth be told, if I were going to do it again, I'd recommend you look for a deal on a Hausler 450V2 or 450Pro; they're decent and cheap and much easier to build. Your V2 is Aluminum chassis and 70% plastic moving parts; I'd keep it as parts. When I bought my Hausler 450, I bought 3 fiber/CNC and 3 AL/Plastic kits as parts cuz they were buy 1 get 1 at $25 ea from LeadersHobby. (Now defunct) I kept them all as parts units.

Others here will recommend Tarot as a decent cheap build; though now I'm hearing that they have to replace all sorts of stuff on them now too. I cannot comment, the only Tarot part I've ever owned was the 1-piece forged Main Bearing Block; it was a damn fine bit of machining for $10 shipped and WITH bearings:

http://www.tarot-rc.com/index.php?ma...roducts_id=628

OH, HELLYES! Lookit what I tripped over while looking for that link:

http://www.tarot-rc.com/index.php?ma...roducts_id=672

That fixes one of the biggest annoyances with my EXI 450Pro build... Tarot, you basstards, you're gonna convert me yet!

This guy has a VERYcomprehensive (As in, at last look, about 40 hours worth of video) video build log of his Tarot 450Pro build starting here:

http://tarot450prov2.cpoheli.com/201...-unboxing.html

I bough the EXI 450Pro due to Mikey of Mikey's RC; I learned a LOTfrom his videos:

http://mikeysrc.com/Low-Cost-450-Heli.html

And, of course, as others have mentioned, Finless Bob's tutorials on just about EVERYTHING Heli-Related:

http://www.rcheliwiki.com/Finless_videos#GY401_setup

That's about all of the wisbom I can pass on to you; if you're like me you'll probably HAVE to build it ANYWAYS, but just so you know... we warned ya what you're up against.

Oh... and AGAIN... just when I'm ready to write HKoff for any big-ticket purchases, look what they e-mail me with:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...00mm_PNF_.html

$238 delivered to my door; the BASsTARDS...

mnem

*HK450GTV2/Hausler450V2/EXI450Pro/HDX450/V911/V913/V959/GeniusCP/AxiusCP/9XR/DEVO-7*

Cub Brother #144 - \"The Gross\"

LOL mnem!

Tarot does make nice stuff...my goto...oh it's hard not to buy that 1 piece main gear holder [:@]

Align maingears are even crooked too...I've learned to live with that.

As for changing owb, piece of cake.  Press the old bearing out with properly sized sockets on each side (I use channel locks since I'm too lazy to go to the vise.  Putting them in is even easier!  Clean well, leave gear side in warm place (in the Sun), put owb in freezer for a while.  I put a film of locktite on the gear side and the owb literally will drop in!  Or so has been my experience

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Mmaammath - Great post! Amain is a good company but expensie. One thing to add. The tail spins @ 11K and will give you misery like you don't know! After making sure the bearings are good make certain that the tail slider is "loose"!

Ken - Agree completly with freezer method!

b

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

LOL mnem!
    Tarot does make nice stuff...my goto...oh it's hard not to buy that 1 piece main gear holder[:@]
    Align maingears are even crooked too...I've learned to live with that.
    As for changing owb, piece of cake. Press the old bearing out with properly sized sockets on each side (I use channel locks since I'm too lazy to go to the vise. Putting them in is even easier! Clean well, leave gear side in warm place (in the Sun), put owb in freezer for a while. I put a film of locktite on the gear side and the owb literally will drop in! Or so has been my experience

Mmaammath - Great post! Amain is a good company but expensive. One thing to add. The tail spins @ 11K and will give you misery like you don't know! After making sure the bearings are good make certain that the tail slider is "loose"!

Ken - Agree completly with freezer method!

b
    The one-piece bearing block is, IMHO, a MUST-HAVE for any Non-Pro 450 chassis; it makes the main bearings run so smooth you'll never believe it, plus it makes the frame incredibly stiff, and right where you want it.

I expect the same from the 450Pro version; plus, FINALLY, with that design you can build the head, servos and all, off the heli with non-Align servos and have it all fit right! I can finally put a stock nose on mine and do away with the one that has holes drilled in it for the two bottom servo screws; plus it looks like this design allows you to flip the entire front servo block up and swap a single servo right in place!

If I can just get the TTtail running smooth again, the EXI 450Pro could be my new favorite (completed) heli!

SCHWANNNGGG!

As for the OWB... Sorry; I'm an engineer. I had to order the new bearings & wait for 'em to come in, so $4 for the press was nothing. I own a half-decent jeweler's vise, so... not waitin' for the dam freezer.

Yes, I'm so cheap I even recycle my helicopters...

DDaddy - I had some issues with the first-gen (black) and one-piece (blue) Align maingears; they actually seemed no less of a crapshoot than the HK ones I had. Since I started using the ones in my link, never a problem. In fact, next build I think I'm gonna try the helical drive ones... maybe it's time to dust off the old EXI one more time.

Brian -

Agreed 100% on the tail... and when you're checking the bearings, don't forget the little idler pulley on top, and the ball bearing in the slider yoke. I had one start to chatter so bad it messed up the Gyro.

Oh, and speaking of Gyros... the Assan GA-250 MEMSgyro (if you're not going FBL) is an OUTSTANDINGvalue; rock solid AND cheap (Like $10 cheap) , no "Hot Glue" mod necessary. It was plug-n-play on my GT450 with HK922MG on the tail, and much less sensitive to random vibration than the HK401 or my Detrum GY48V.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dproduct=15318

mnem
    *Finding new ways to renew my addiction since 2010*
    *HK450GTV2/Hausler450V2/EXI450Pro/HDX450/V911/V913/V959/GeniusCP/AxiusCP/9XR/DEVO-7*

Cub Brother #144 - \"The Gross\"

Page 76 of 80 FirstFirst ... 26667475767778 ... LastLast