Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 9 of 80 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

ORIGINAL: ingleburn
    ORIGINAL: hugj
    only when it starts to bind back off just a touch and let it set!
    Thanks for clearing that up. Might order one and give it a go.
    Just back from flying the 450 and Mcpx. No wind thankfully and tried a few more adventurous moves with the 450 that almost ended in a crash.
    I seem to be able to do right turns better than left but working on it.
    No video Im afraid but did do one on the MCPX while practising flips.
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juMfSQo1H3o[/youtube]
    It's wierd these #16's go grey when you have just blue sky and nothing else.

My TGY306G rudder servo turned up today...so hopefully I can finish off the PRO in the next day or so. Hobbyking post is a bit wierd.... I orded the servo 3 weeks ago and it came via hong kong post yet the parallel board I ordered about a week after the servo came via singapore post and turned up about a week ago. Most go on weight or something. NFI.

Tarot 500 FBL ZYX-S, Tarot 450 PRO V2 FBL ZYX , Tarot 450 PRO V2 FBL ZYX-S , MCPx V2, Nano CPx, Q450 Quad (APM 2.5), AXN Floater Jet, Tek Sumo Flying Wing

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: mnemennth

ORIGINAL: Ddaddy

Ok, I need serious help....will this addiction ever end?!
    Just ordered Fatshark Predator RTF FPV...[][X(][&:][:@] I'm so confused...please don't tell my wife!
    Ken
    Kewlies!

Let us know what you think of the resolution, or better yet, make some recordings so we can see what you see. Everybody is talking about 720P video, but that's like 5 times the bandwidth of VGA.

mnem
    *Dozer-dozing*

Got it in today

Everything works! Haven't mounted it yet, just did some range checking. 100 yards is going to be fine so long as I keep it LOS.
    Went to mount it this evening...found a broken skid on my 500! Know when it happened, had a swarm of gnats attack my face while flying the other day and did (barely) notice when I landed it bounced!

Gotta figure out a dvr...($$$) but will post maiden FPV

Cheers,
    Ken

MCX, MSR, BOL, Blade SR, franKENblade 400, FBL 450, mCPX, FBL 500, AXN FPV

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: ahamay

only when it starts to bind back off just a touch and let it set!
    Thanks for clearing that up. Might order one and give it a go.
    Just back from flying the 450 and Mcpx. No wind thankfully and tried a few more adventurous moves with the 450 that almost ended in a crash.
    I seem to be able to do right turns better than left but working on it.
    No video Im afraid but did do one on the MCPX while practising flips.
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juMfSQo1H3o[/youtube]
    It's wierd these #16's go grey when you have just blue sky and nothing else.

My TGY306G rudder servo turned up today...so hopefully I can finish off the PRO in the next day or so. Hobbyking post is a bit wierd.... I orded the servo 3 weeks ago and it came via hong kong post yet the parallel board I ordered about a week after the servo came via singapore post and turned up about a week ago. Most go on weight or something. NFI.

Yeah it must be the senser taking time to react to color changes. What can you expect from a $40 camera.
    Ordered my servo nearly 2 weeks ago so looks like another week or so to wait.
    Also ordered a Hobbymate HB800 to try out. Will post results when it gets here.
    As for HK postage, always seem to have good luck with singapore post or hong kong post but forget about swiss post. I could row there and back quicker.

@ Ken. Looking forward to seeing how that setup works.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: ingleburn(SNIP)
    As for HK postage, always seem to have good luck with singapore post or hong kong post but forget about swiss post. I could row there and back quicker.
    I've discovered that as well; if I order just batteries it always seems to come Swiss Post. I usually have it in my hand before it ever even shows as being in the US. If I order a big box it usually come Hong Kong post; those you can track a bit better, and at least you usually get to see when it hits USsoil. I've wondered myself if it couldn't get here quicker on a boat straight across the Pacific; the problem is not the boats themselves I suppose, but rather the amount of time spent in port getting loaded &unloaded.

On a related note; it would appear as if HK wants me to show them some love in the form of a fresh order; they actually sent me a PAPER catalog all the way from Hong Kong!

It is nice, actually, to see their most popular stuff all laid out in sequentiual order. Makes it easier to get a handle on what they have. Also, I saw at least a dozen things I never knew they carried, such as Stihrling engines, vector thrust boat motors, anemometers, airbrushes & genuine Futaba radios!

It looks like they've knocked a few dollars off their economy line radios, BTW; now might be a good time to buy if you're thinking about it. Mine appears to be issue #2 - anybelly else here received one yet?

mnem
    *Looking for a drool bucket*
    *HK450GTV2/Hausler450V2/EXI450Pro/HDX450/V911/V913/V959/GeniusCP/AxiusCP/9XR/DEVO-7*

Cub Brother #144 - \"The Gross\"

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I've discovered that as well; if I order just batteries it always seems to come Swiss Post. I usually have it in my hand before it ever even shows as being in the US. If I order a big box it usually come Hong Kong post; those you can track a bit better, and at least you usually get to see when it hits USΒ*soil. I've wondered myself if it couldn't get here quicker on a boat straight across the Pacific; the problem is not the boats themselves I suppose, but rather the amount of time spent in port getting loaded &Β*unloaded.

On a related note; it would appear as if HK wants me to show them some love in the form of a fresh order; they actually sent me a PAPER catalog all the way from Hong Kong!

It is nice, actually, to see their most popular stuff all laid out in sequentiual order. Makes it easier to get a handle on what they have. Also, I saw at least a dozen things I never knew they carried, such as Stihrling engines, vector thrust boat motors, anemometers, airbrushes & genuine Futaba radios!

It looks like they've knocked a few dollars off their economy line radios, BTW; now might be a good time to buy if you're thinking about it. Mine appears to be issue #2 - anybelly else here received one yet?

mnem
    Hiya mnem!

I have mine and I think it's the second edition in that I have only received one other in about 3 years!

@ Hugh - A fine job of 'spalinin' the BeastX clone!
    How's it flyin'??

@ Kozz - Glad to see yer flyin'! Keep it UP!

@ All - Working 7 day stretch off next Monday/Tuesday. Prolly slip down to the club Monday morning and spend the PM diagnosing the 450 tai issue (major wag).

Spoke with Rob and Phil privately and both are well just busy as H E L L!

Haven't spoken with Simon but suspect somewhere a Serf is getting a beatin'!

b

FrSky Taranis (rev B) w/ Spektrum Module/ Spektrum DX7/ Align 500CF FBL w/ FU-BAR Gyro / Blade MCP X Brushless Mod / Gemini 600 Catamaran / Red and Blue Nirvana II one meter sail boats / Paradise sail boat /Big Swamp Buggy / HobbyKing "Swamp Dawg" / Slow Stick / HK Firefly Q450 Quad w/ HK Mega FC board / Durafly T-28 / H/H Icon - A5 / E Flite Piper L-4/ Parkzone UM T-28 / HK Fox Glider / Fat Shark Attitudes FPV Goggles / Mobius Actioncam / Teksumo /1200mm Popwing/ SFFD Fire boat!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey Brian I haven't got to but it up very long, I had loose mounting tape for the unit so it acted wierd, I fixed it when
    I got home and the test flights are flawless. I did get the trex 500 up and it has the same unit flew great even tryed a loop
    which turned out to be a floop not on vid. though. Getting more confident with my skills just being reservied!
    I'll try to post some vids soon.
    Bryan has come a long way with his skills loops rolls and not many crashes. I'm impressed with his progress!
    Hugh

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: rikybob

I've discovered that as well; if I order just batteries it always seems to come Swiss Post. I usually have it in my hand before it ever even shows as being in the US. If I order a big box it usually come Hong Kong post; those you can track a bit better, and at least you usually get to see when it hits USsoil. I've wondered myself if it couldn't get here quicker on a boat straight across the Pacific; the problem is not the boats themselves I suppose, but rather the amount of time spent in port getting loaded &unloaded.

mnem
    Hiya mnem!

I have mine and I think it's the second edition in that I have only received one other in about 3 years!

How's it flyin'??

@ All - Working 7 day stretch off next Monday/Tuesday. Prolly slip down to the club Monday morning and spend the PM diagnosing the 450 tai issue (major wag).

b

I received one ages ago but not sure if it was edition 1 or 2.
    Received my Turnigy tail servo today but not sure whether to put it in the GT or the as yet unmaidened Pro.
    I know Phil has been busy of late and I get updates on Rob from my sister who works where Robs plane is stored. Small world hey.
    Simon is licking his wounds after crashing his heli exiting a loop. He, like I spend a bit of time over on RCG trying to sort out the pitch up problems with the new Tarot firmware.
    What started out as simple explanations and testing has turned into talk that is way over my head.
    Hoping to have the Hobbymate gyro in a week or two for testing and will report its performance.

5 flights this morning with the wind coming from the other way. Made me realise how much learning I still have to do.

Dont work to hard Brian, looking forward to some blather.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey Brian I haven't got to but it up very long, I had loose mounting tape for the unit so it acted wierd, I fixed it when
    I got home and the test flights are flawless. I did get the trex 500 up and it has the same unit flew great even tryed a loop
    which turned out to be a floop not on vid. though. Getting more confident with my skills just being reservied!
    Β* I'll try to post some vids soon.
    Β* Bryan has come a long way with his skills loops rolls and not many crashes. I'm impressed with his progress!
    Β* Hugh
    What is this "progress" thing of which you speak???[:'(]

b
    FrSky Taranis (rev B) w/ Spektrum Module/ Spektrum DX7/ Align 500CF FBL w/ FU-BAR Gyro / Blade MCP X Brushless Mod / Gemini 600 Catamaran / Red and Blue Nirvana II one meter sail boats / Paradise sail boat /Big Swamp Buggy / HobbyKing "Swamp Dawg" / Slow Stick / HK Firefly Q450 Quad w/ HK Mega FC board / Durafly T-28 / H/H Icon - A5 / E Flite Piper L-4/ Parkzone UM T-28 / HK Fox Glider / Fat Shark Attitudes FPV Goggles / Mobius Actioncam / Teksumo /1200mm Popwing/ SFFD Fire boat!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Bryan has come a long way with his skills loops rolls and not many crashes. I'm impressed with his progress!
    Hugh
    Glad I have someone to turn to when setting mine up. The video was great and downloaded the beastx manual as well.
    They are so similar its not funny.
    Almost tryed a flip today but chickened out. Nothing wrong with floops, Im sure Ill do plenty.
    You and Bryan need to get some vids up.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hugh
    What is this "progress" thing of which you speak???[:'(]

b
    Keep going to your club and you will see.

I bet that is what Spiros is doing. One day he'll come back and be throwing his heli around.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

He is flying better than me!!
    Oh just to let you know I have had enough of the century swift nx 550 so it is going into retirement!
    The wifie ordered a hk 550 fbl tt for me today!!!! All the goodies from the swift will find there way into it.
    I hope it is as good as they say. The shipping sucked but for less than 200. she said give it a try!
    I guess a early Christmas prez. to me. Now I just have to wait!!!!! I hate that!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

He is flying better than me!!
    Oh just to let you know I have had enough of the century swift nx 550 so it is going into retirement!
    The wifie ordered a hk 550 fbl tt for me today!!!! All the goodies from the swift will find there way into it.
    I hope it is as good as they say. The shipping sucked but for less than 200. she said give it a try!
    I guess a early Christmas prez. to me. Now I just have to wait!!!!! I hate that!
    Congrats on the 550. Looking forward to seeing how it goes. Enjoy the wait.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I've discovered that as well; if I order just batteries it always seems to come Swiss Post. I usually have it in my hand before it ever even shows as being in the US. If I order a big box it usually come Hong Kong post; those you can track a bit better, and at least you usually get to see when it hits USΒ*soil. I've wondered myself if it couldn't get here quicker on a boat straight across the Pacific; the problem is not the boats themselves I suppose, but rather the amount of time spent in port getting loaded &Β*unloaded.

mnem
    Hiya mnem!

How's it flyin'??

b

I received one ages ago but not sure if it was edition 1 or 2.
    Received my Turnigy tail servo today but not sure whether to put it in the GT or the as yet unmaidened Pro.
    I know Phil has been busy of late and I get updates on Rob from my sister who works where Robs plane is stored. Small world hey.
    Simon is licking his wounds after crashing his heli exiting a loop. He, like I spend a bit of time over on RCG trying to sort out the pitch up problems with the new Tarot firmware.
    What started out as simple explanations and testing has turned into talk that is way over my head.[img][/img]
    Hoping to have the Hobbymate gyro in a week or two for testing and will report its performance.

5 flights this morning with the wind coming from the other way. Made me realise how much learning I still have to do.

Dont work to hard Brian, looking forward to some blather.

Funny what a small world it is with your sis and all!

As for Simon, I have been spotty over here and I haven't been on the ZYX forum for a while. I stopped over and found his "crash post". Since I am clocking over 24 crashes in the HK450, I derive perverse joy in knowing my imperialist brother is on crash, what #3??? I feel soo dirty!

I really look forward to the Hobbymate/BeastX clone as it is a whole lot more simple to program and you don't have PID's and such!

All the best!

b

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi one and all,

Despite rumours to the contrary, the Greek didn't kill me or visa versa!

In middle of BIG transaction, fun and exhausting at the same time, but it should all be done by end December!

Also the computer system at work declared this site a risk and barred my access. So not sure how I got on to day and yesterday.

Jonesy congrats on the STELLAR progress over the last 12 months, as good as I've seen.

Kozzi, good to see you are in the air and flying - well done, it is very easy now that you are over the biggest hurdle, it will just click now. just be careful with these things at all times including tinkering on the work bench, that is how I nearly severed my little finger.

Brian, good to see you are still holding the thread together. I hope the better half continues to get back to 100% fast.

I've been flying a bit between other things, although given the constant strong winds in Sydney over the last few weekends it hasn't been easy. I can report that the Blade 130X is my go to heli and it has been buzzing the sheep in the back 40 regularly. Not one issue with it yet. I've been flying the planks and really enjoy doing so. I'm due to maiden my Eflite Taylorcraft 1100mm balsa beauty one weekend soon and I will video and post. Whilst it didn't cost anywhere near my Gaui's I'm so scared of crashing it because of the time and effort I've invested and how beautiful a plane it is.

I'm selling my Gaui X5 FBL this weekend it just scares me too much after two loss of signals. I'm selling with a different receiver so I can sleep at night.

My fav big heli is the Gaui X4 a 500 size heli - it's a stable rocket ship, but I'm uptight flying heli's now and completely calm flying planes, so the planes getting more air time, which is prolly adding to my heli blues!

Must get back to the coal face,

Best to all,

Phil

Spiros, - I know you're out there buddy, setting up that Helicopter spare parts store!!
    I permanently need just one more Plane.....I think's it's a mild obsession!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

@Phil - Good to see you mate! Glad the planks are your more relaxed form of RC! Hopefully your maiden of your balsa plane goes well. I would assume that crashing one is not like foam in the way that foam is just CA/Hot glue it all back together again, rather balsa is crash, swear alot and buy a new one!

Well, I have an annoying problem with my #1 450. When I take off, it wants to lean to the left and back at the same time. Even though I have my swash absolutely level and pitch is 0deg at mid stick. The swash also moves up and down the pitch range perfectly flat. Even so, it wants to move left and back.
    Helis: HK450GT - Typhoon 2215+Spektrum AR6200X, HK450G/MT - Typhoon 2218+Orange6chRX, MCPX

Transmitter: Spektrum DX6i

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I can't even look at you.

For shame!!

b
    And I get this coming from a Thai luvin posh git beastx luving easterner! Talk about for shame!

BTW, Phoniex Blathering this Friday at 9CST. Hint for passwrod is above!

Cheers ya'll,
    Ken

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

What started out as simple explanations and testing has turned into talk that is way over my head.
    Yes, sorry guys I've been moonlighting on RCG - secretly hoping that Tarot or the OEM will see our plight and fix the zyx v3.5 firmware. If your not sure what I'm on about, then in a nutshell when heading into the wind with FFF the heli can abruptly pull nose up to vertical all on it's own. It's only the latest zyx FW that does this - flashing back to an old version cures it

Simon
    FBL FTW!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: sgbfly

What started out as simple explanations and testing has turned into talk that is way over my head.[img][/img]
    Yes, sorry guys I've been moonlighting on RCG - secretly hoping that Tarot or the OEM will see our plight and fix the zyx v3.5 firmware. Β*If your not sure what I'm on about, then in a nutshell when heading into the wind with FFF the heli can abruptly pull nose up to vertical all on it's own. Β*It's only the latest zyx FW that does this - flashing back to an old version cures itΒ*[img][/img]

SimonΒ*[img][/img]

Hiya Simon!

Yah, I think there again, that it would be beneficial for someone like me who is, lets say timid about committing to a loop!

Tarot could market it as an "auto looping" software bug!

All the best!

b

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

heres three video's of sundays flying
    Hugh
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZeCG-BJq58[/youtube]
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tMzLTFHD7w[/youtube]
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rXfgdfjTXA[/youtube]

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Kozzy_98

@Phil - Good to see you mate! Glad the planks are your more relaxed form of RC! Hopefully your maiden of your balsa plane goes well. I would assume that crashing one is not like foam in the way that foam is just CA/Hot glue it all back together again, rather balsa is crash, swear alot and buy a new one!

Well, I have an annoying problem with my #1 450. When I take off, it wants to lean to the left and back at the same time. Even though I have my swash absolutely level and pitch is 0deg at mid stick. The swash also moves up and down the pitch range perfectly flat. Even so, it wants to move left and back.
    Kozzy, having a dead level swash is not going to mean that your heli will fly level.
    To many variables that I dont understand myself.
    Brian and a few others only eyeball there swash for that reason and trim to suit.
    Ive always been pretty lucky with mine but best to use trim to make it level in a hover.
    Then if you want take notice of how much trim you have added then adjust the links by that much and reset trims to zero.
    You could also move your battery slightly forward as well which will move the C of G

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Kozzy, having a dead level swash is not going to mean that your heli will fly level.
    Brian and a few others only eyeball there swash for that reason and trim to suit.
    Ive always been pretty lucky with mine but best to use trim to make it level in a hover.
    Then if you want take notice of how much trim you have added then adjust the links by that much and reset trims to zero.
    You could also move your battery slightly forward as well which will move the C of G
    +1 .... good advise.

Back in the old days when Ihad a flybar ... ..... I used a few clicks of trim to get it right then take the trim out and adjust the swash links. Reason to always do this and zero trim is your radio (spektrum Ipresume) will not carry your trims between flight modes ie normal and idle up, you have to set the trims in both so there is margin for error...best to do it mechaniically.

Also... you'll notice when you spool up your mcpx that the swash tilts automatically untill your about to lift off....ahhh...technology.

Jonesy

Tarot 500 FBL ZYX-S, Tarot 450 PRO V2 FBL ZYX , Tarot 450 PRO V2 FBL ZYX-S , MCPx V2, Nano CPx, Q450 Quad (APM 2.5), AXN Floater Jet, Tek Sumo Flying Wing

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

heres three video's of sundays flying
    Hugh
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZeCG-BJq58[/youtube]
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tMzLTFHD7w[/youtube]
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rXfgdfjTXA[/youtube]
    Thanks for the vids Hugh.
    I do believe you have come a long way as well.
    B

Carl Goldberg Ultimate 10-300 Brotherhood. #23

Landing is one aerobatic maneuver that MUST be mastered!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

+1

My 450 swash is level and hovers perfect. My 500 with swash level doesn't (even with perfect CG). Solution turn links for desired results. I too don't understand but know this works.

@Hugh, nice circuits. Great video too!

@RB, I'm disappointed I didn't get a comeback on the posh git shame poke... I'm so hurt

Ken

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thats quite an interesting solution. I thought that perfect swash = perfect hover.
    Helis: HK450GT - Typhoon 2215+Spektrum AR6200X, HK450G/MT - Typhoon 2218+Orange6chRX, MCPX

Transmitter: Spektrum DX6i

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thats quite an interesting solution. I thought that perfect swash = perfect hover.
    Perfect thumbs = perfect hover.

To bad I have 10 and still cant manage it.

Page 9 of 80 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast