Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Trex 450 handling Characteristics

Hey, I have a question about the handling characteristics of my heli. I am flying a Hausler 450 which is a trex 450 clone. I have Hitec HS65m servos for cyclic. A spektrum rx and tx. It has a hk450 head assembly. The problem is it is not responsive at all. I have another hk450 that I fly and it is just like the simulator I am using and the radio settings are identical in both my helis but when I fly the hausler 450 the stick movements are so far in relation to actual movement of the heli. The servo arms are all lines up perfect with the head also. I don't know where to look for help. I watched all the finless bob vids during setup and assembly. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
    Jeff

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Trex 450 handling Characteristics

Check your swash mix and also your dual rates.
    Helis: HK450GT - Typhoon 2215+Spektrum AR6200X, HK450G/MT - Typhoon 2218+Orange6chRX, MCPX

Transmitter: Spektrum DX6i

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

See, I wass wondering about that. My swah mix is set at -60 on pitch and ail because i used that to reverse them on set up. I am still not 100% on what the swash mix is for. Also my dual rate is set at 30 with a dx6i. Should I move it to the negative?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Regardless of your radio settings, what's really important is the cyclic throw you're getting at the blades. I'd suggest before you change anything to break out the pitch gauge and compare the two helis for both collective and cyclic pitches. If it turns out they are the same or nearly so, you likely have a problem with your head.
    No kid, I said break ground and fly into the wind!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Check your head speed too. The gearing might be different between the two.

Jesse
    "Greater cruising speeds are possible, but the size of the earth does not warrant greater speeds." - Igor Sikorsky in 1934

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: gs550t1981

See, I wass wondering about that. My swah mix is set at -60 on pitch and ail because i used that to reverse them on set up. I am still not 100% on what the swash mix is for. Also my dual rate is set at 30 with a dx6i. Should I move it to the negative?
    Do you know how to check the cyclic pitch ? should be around 7deg