Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
Reload this Page >

HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part IV

Community
Search
Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part IV

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2013, 10:35 PM
ahamay

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ingleburn
Well the first bits for my quad are starting to come in. The props this morning and this just got here. http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/161080527...84.m1439.l2649
How can they make money when its $1.24 with free postage. My main order from HK is still stuck in the print queue.
I was going to try and do the build with no help from Brian or Jonesy but got stuck on the prop balancing so sorry Jonesy for annoying you all day.
Next time its Brians turn
Ahh that's no worries happy to help if I can.

My apm original case never turned up today which ****s me. Ordered it a few days ago and it's only being sent from a few suburbs away. How it can take more than 3 days is beyond me. So no mounting the APM board until monday be the looks of it.

Being a tight ass I saved a buck 24 on the 6 to 10 adapter for the KK by pulling apart 3 servo wires and connecting the pins to each end.
Old 09-27-2013, 02:03 AM
rikybob

Well the first bits for my quad are starting to come in. The props this morning and this just got here. http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/161080527...84.m1439.l2649

How can they make money when its $1.24 with free postage. My main order from HK is still stuck in the print queue.

I was going to try and do the build with no help from Brian or Jonesy but got stuck on the prop balancing so sorry Jonesy for annoying you all day.

Next time its Brians turn
Hiya Ingleburn!

Yah, please utilize me. I am an instructor at heart and have done so for the agency for 20 years AND I have the patience of JOB!

If I had a guide when I was doing MY build I would have utilized them!

Get with me on IM or we can Skype!

All the best!

b
Old 09-27-2013, 08:29 PM
mnemennth

A quick update from Moving Hell...

There's a huge truck filling up our driveway. I've managed to tear down half the office; that and about 20 boxes are filling up th overhead area. As soon as I pull the truck back so it's all in the driveway again, I'm gonna go pass out until help arrives.

B - Have you got your sidearm? I may need you to come over here and shoot the little ******* that keeps stabbing me in the back with an icepick; I swear, no matter how fast I look over my shoulder, I can't seem to catch him.

A'aight; time for me to turn into a pumpkin.

mnem
Pills, pills, pillz...
Old 09-28-2013, 04:11 AM
ingleburn

HK is showing as shipped but no tracking number. Impatient to start building so will will see how long it takes.

Yeah you are both going to get used. Jonesy if I where you I would move. Your Post Office sucks.

Brian last time I Skyped you dont want to know what I did but Im sure you dont want to do it with me.
Old 09-28-2013, 06:21 AM
rikybob

@ Mnem - It will be over soon!

@ Ingleburn - I actually got deployed a while back and used Skype for it's "intended" purpose and it was awesome! Picture the scene from the jail in "Midnight Express"......"Thanks honey" is all I could say!

b

PS Enjoy the below..... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTZpHHgpKZg

Last edited by rikybob; 09-28-2013 at 06:30 AM.
Old 09-28-2013, 04:11 PM
hugj
My Feedback: (7)

Hey Guys a couple of vids of Bryan fling today
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYH2X5X2lNc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeD3dEKgdH0
Old 09-28-2013, 04:13 PM
hugj
My Feedback: (7)

Default videos

Lets try this again
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeD3dEKgdH0 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYH2X5X2lNc
Old 09-28-2013, 04:57 PM
rikybob

[QUOTE=hugj;11626691]Lets try this again

Looked like a fun day!

Great viddys!

Thanx for sharing!!

b
Old 09-28-2013, 10:24 PM
ingleburn

Originally Posted by rikybob
@ Mnem - It will be over soon!

@ Ingleburn - I actually got deployed a while back and used Skype for it's "intended" purpose and it was awesome! Picture the scene from the jail in "Midnight Express"......"Thanks honey" is all I could say!

b

PS Enjoy the below.....[video=youtube;oTZpHHgpKZg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTZpHHgpKZg
Originally Posted by hugj

Watched both your videos and comments left on YT. Dont ever mention Skype again. The thoughts will give me nightmares for ever.

Did a bit of flying myself today. Only the Mcpx but I did find a couple of guys flying a control line plane so got a video of that as well.

I remember years ago you saw them all the time but now not very often at all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rm1AsizkTEM http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pezdaElZwaU
Old 09-28-2013, 10:38 PM
ahamay

Watched both your videos and comments left on YT. Dont ever mention Skype again. The thoughts will give me nightmares for ever.

Did a bit of flying myself today. Only the Mcpx but I did find a couple of guys flying a control line plane so got a video of that as well.

I remember years ago you saw them all the time but now not very often at all.
One word -> dizzy !
Old 09-29-2013, 03:56 AM
ingleburn

Originally Posted by ahamay
One word -> dizzy !

Yeah I thought that too but the line was that long he wasnt spinning that quickly at all. I would be bored in a day
Old 09-29-2013, 04:11 AM
rikybob

Looks like YOU are going to get your Mega before me!

Swisspost showed it shipped the 28th (ordered the 22nd). I figger mid October.

I REALLY need to break off a buck and start ordering local!

Yah, Simon is completely silent and as of now I'm "letting go" of old friends as I enter the new realm of being able to retire.

"The internet runs both north and south and east and west" and I never change my addy! They can find ME!

The control line stuff brings back TERRIBLE memories!

Imagine a VERY poor lower middle class kid waiting ALL year for THIS or THIS (I have them both briefly) and my dad thinking (prolly rightly so) that I would immediately KILL the aircraft so he and my uncle would make about 280 degrees and resolutely DRILL them into the ground DESTROYING them immediately in a matter of seconds!

All I'd have is a pole of oily, smelly plastic and a nearly full can of fuel!! Man that sucked!!!

Since I couldn't afford to fly I got into static model building and built literally HUNDREDS of models and it was a blast!!!

All the best and thanx for sharing!

b
Old 09-29-2013, 03:32 PM
rikybob

T-Minus 5 years on the job and we start the RV upgrade shopping.

We will make the purchase in about 36 months......gonna be interesting stashing my R/C junk all around!!

Hope y'all getting shum schick time!

b

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jCBgVkL6mY
Old 09-29-2013, 11:39 PM
ingleburn

Looks like YOU are going to get your Mega before me!

Swisspost showed it shipped the 28th (ordered the 22nd). I figger mid October.

I REALLY need to break off a buck and start ordering local!

Yah, Simon is completely silent and as of now I'm "letting go" of old friends as I enter the new realm of being able to retire.

"The internet runs both north and south and east and west" and I never change my addy! They can find ME!

The control line stuff brings back TERRIBLE memories!

Imagine a VERY poor lower middle class kid waiting ALL year for THIS or THIS (I have them both briefly) and my dad thinking (prolly rightly so) that I would immediately KILL the aircraft so he and my uncle would make about 280 degrees and resolutely DRILL them into the ground DESTROYING them immediately in a matter of seconds!

All I'd have is a pole of oily, smelly plastic and a nearly full can of fuel!! Man that sucked!!!

Since I couldn't afford to fly I got into static model building and built literally HUNDREDS of models and it was a blast!!!

All the best and thanx for sharing!

b
If you ordered locally it would prob work out the same cost.. http://www.uavobjects.com/product/91...er-gps-system/

Glad you 2 turkeys are leading the way as they have a combined GPS and compass coming out soon and I love the AV dome as well. http://www.uavobjects.com/product/rc...ibration-dome/

Think they are going to do a kit with the GPS and dome for under a $100.

Yeah I put a few of those plastic models together and always found a way to stuff them up. And never had the money to buy the paint so they looked terrible.

Yeah your dad sounds the same as mine. He was a bigger kid than me and Im sure Im a bigger kid than my kids are. Hes getting old and cranky now which is something Im not looking forward to.
Old 09-30-2013, 04:02 AM
rikybob

I'm literally watching THIS in its entirety for the third time!

I now speak in his accent.

b

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfvCJ5scHMQ
Old 09-30-2013, 04:49 AM
rikybob

06:30 "...It's quite a dangerous step, but it's the best way of doing it..."

11:32 "I can't help everyone for everything, please respect my personal time, I have a job....." (Soccer coach?)

Now he's wasting time lubing the motors as the firmware fails to upload. Grrrrrrr!

Great idea about using a Velcro tie on the USB lead and USB extension!

35:40 "Easy as good as a NAZA. Oops I've got to cut that bit out..."

b
Old 09-30-2013, 05:00 AM
ahamay

I'm literally watching THIS in its entirety for the third time!
I now speak in his accent.
b
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfvCJ5scHMQ
To be honest I think this guys a knob. This video is one big advertisement for his business. He's even got you oiling your motors with some **** he brought back from outer space.

Do as I say not as I do but do buy my ****.. lol
Old 09-30-2013, 05:18 AM
rikybob

To be honest I think this guys a knob. This video is one big advertisement for his business. He's even got you oiling your motors with some **** he brought back from outer space.

From a "Cartoon guy" point of view, I literally LOVE this guy! It's as if he is straight from a Monty Python's skit!

Tragically for me I'm a idiot and I require not only doing the RTFM thing but I need to be SHOWN how to do something and he is practically the only guy out there besides "Dracula" below which I'm pretty sure during watching his viddy's touched my private parts.

b

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAFdHnoae0s
Old 09-30-2013, 05:34 AM
ingleburn

Im afraid Im with you Jonesy. He makes it sound like hes doing us all a favour when really hes only trying to sell his sh it. Brian us aussies are hard to please. be thankful your on our like list.

Id rather blow up a board than watch his crap video again.
Old 09-30-2013, 05:46 AM
rikybob

Im afraid Im with you Jonesy. He makes it sound like hes doing us all a favour when really hes only trying to sell his sh it. Brian us aussies are hard to please. be thankful your on our like list.

Id rather blow up a board than watch his crap video again.

Yah, I'm a "southerner" in the US and we are easy, peasy!

I will actually watch "Sir Wankalot" a few more times including when I program the board.

I'll have his viddy running AND the manual and STILL my maiden will be a fly away (yes, I'll have it on viddy)!

b
Old 09-30-2013, 06:08 AM
ingleburn

Yah, I'm a "southerner" in the US and we are easy, peasy!

I will actually watch "Sir Wankalot" a few more times including when I program the board.

I'll have his viddy running AND the manual and STILL my maiden will be a fly away (yes, I'll have it on viddy)!

b
It wont be a fly away cause Jonesy will have it sorted out way before your maiden. I just saw a swiss post plane fly by so I gave him a wave and pointed him your way .
Old 09-30-2013, 06:14 AM
rikybob

It wont be a fly away cause Jonesy will have it sorted out way before your maiden. I just saw a swiss post plane fly by so I gave him a wave and pointed him your way .
+1!
Old 09-30-2013, 01:33 PM
rikybob

Hello Childrenz!

Not real motivated and find that I was playing on HK's web site and being bored I thought I'd tally up the damage from March 2nd, 2010!
3491.98 USD!!!3 or 82.14 / Month. Not bad.

b

Edit: Apparently HK is NOT the only place I bought stuff. DOH!

Edit #2: I coulda bought 1/2 dozen Thai hookers for that!

Last edited by rikybob; 09-30-2013 at 02:22 PM.
Old 09-30-2013, 02:31 PM
ingleburn

Hello Childrenz!

Not real motivated and find that I was playing on HK's web site and being bored I thought I'd tally up the damage from March 2nd, 2010!
3491.98 USD!!!3 or 82.14 / Month. Not bad.

b

Edit: Apparently HK is NOT the only place I bought stuff. DOH!

Edit #2: I coulda bought 1/2 dozen Thai hookers for that!

I dont think I can beat that, but Im not going to add mine up because I might have a heart attack.
Old 09-30-2013, 02:43 PM
rikybob

I dont think I can beat that, but Im not going to add mine up because I might have a heart attack.

Here's the pain, I bought a "Blade CX2 in 07 for lets say 250 USD then sat idle a while then in 08ish a "Big Lama" for 250ish and the support parts (prolly 250ish) and 90 days later the Blade SR 500ish in parts then in '10 the HK450!! I DID however sell the BIg Lama for mebbe 150 USD and the SR for the same.

b

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.