Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
Reload this Page >

HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part IV

Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part IV

Old 09-25-2013, 03:49 PM
pushinoldrc
My Feedback: (46)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ahamay
How old were these packs ?
I don't remember for sure, but they were hard cased car packs that were only used for this project. They couldn't have had more than 10 flights on them.
B
Old 09-25-2013, 03:51 PM
pushinoldrc

Originally Posted by rikybob
Did I mention that I'm trying to find a piece of my 1m sailboat that I lost in heavy water on my lake?

I'm literally trying to beat having to buy the part for 21USD.

Been skulking the lake shore dayz.

Took the canoe out today and found EVERYTHING BUT the dry hatch. Grrrr!

I found beer cans, boards, sandwich rappers etc. That forkin' hatch is there but I need to wait for the water to go down I rekon!

All the best!

b

I wouldn't want to pay that much for a friggin hatch either, I would try to find a way to make it. But I am just that dang cheap.
B
Old 09-25-2013, 03:57 PM
rikybob

Originally Posted by pushinoldrc
I wouldn't want to pay that much for a friggin hatch either, I would try to find a way to make it. But I am just that dang cheap.
B

Bryan,

Thanx for the fire lesson again. You are kind to let me bring that round again once a year as a reminder.

The thought of a fire horrifies me.

You may recall I lived through a house fire as a child and as careful as I am I'm not as disciplined as I should be!

Yah, the hatch is like 11 bux but the ONLY source for those parts charges the same for shipping. Grrrrr!

It's not a water tight hatch but I like my stuff fairly right!

I was musing that in just a few years, I'll scan it with a laser and simply print one!

All the best!

b
Old 09-25-2013, 04:03 PM
pushinoldrc

There is an article in Model Aviation magazine this month talking about 3D printers, and that some can be had for a mere $300 USD. The cost goes upward towards 5 digits depending on the materials that can be used.
B
Old 09-25-2013, 04:05 PM
ingleburn

Finally got out and did some flying this morning. Cycled all the batteries through the BL and had some fun. Practised low flips and inverted and only hit the dirt once.
Had a funny moment when the landing gear fell off after a loop. Oops where was my pre flight check.

Looking forward to the quad build. Props should be here tomorrow so time to learn balancing. Now I know why I bought a magnetic balancer last year.
Starting to worry about the Afro ESC's. Just saw that the bec is only .5 Amp Seeing as the KK only gets power from M1 I hope I dont get any brown outs.
Also ordered the 8 pin to 6 adaptor for the programmer last week and got it from China as I wasnt going to build this quick and didnt mind the wait for it. Hope that doesnt bite me.

@ Jonesy. Just saw MP 1.2.80 is out and connection issues fixed. Also an IT question. When I click on the smileys tab instead of seeing them all Im getting little boxes instead.
Never use to happen. Any idea whats going on? Hows the new board going. As for mounting I love this http://www.rctimer.com/product_971.html If I ever get around to going in that direction I think Ill buy my stuff from them.

@ Bryan. Keep the plank vids coming. Cant let the quad guys take over. Loved that twin engine you have. Never seen one of those before. Oops think it was Hughs but you guys are twins anyway.

@ Brian. Heading off to watch your vid. Hope your batteries dont cry to much and keep you awake.
Old 09-25-2013, 04:08 PM
rikybob

Originally Posted by pushinoldrc
There is an article in Model Aviation magazine this month talking about 3D printers, and that some can be had for a mere $300 USD. The cost goes upward towards 5 digits depending on the materials that can be used.
B
I have the mag and need to read it.

(Stop me if I am repeating myself) It will be AMAZING her in the next 36 months, we ill make many of our non-critical parts ourselves and probably AS importantly we will become ersatz designers and BROADEN the area of design (believe it or not engineers and designers don't have a LOCK on talent).

b

"The future's so bright, I gotta to shades"
Old 09-25-2013, 04:15 PM
rikybob

Originally Posted by ingleburn
Finally got out and did some flying this morning. Cycled all the batteries through the BL and had some fun. Practised low flips and inverted and only hit the dirt once.
Had a funny moment when the landing gear fell off after a loop. Oops where was my pre flight check.

Looking forward to the quad build. Props should be here tomorrow so time to learn balancing. Now I know why I bought a magnetic balancer last year.
Starting to worry about the Afro ESC's. Just saw that the bec is only .5 Amp Seeing as the KK only gets power from M1 I hope I dont get any brown outs.
Also ordered the 8 pin to 6 adaptor for the programmer last week and got it from China as I wasnt going to build this quick and didnt mind the wait for it. Hope that doesnt bite me.

@ Jonesy. Just saw MP 1.2.80 is out and connection issues fixed. Also an IT question. When I click on the smileys tab instead of seeing them all Im getting little boxes instead.
Never use to happen. Any idea whats going on? Hows the new board going. As for mounting I love this http://www.rctimer.com/product_971.html If I ever get around to going in that direction I think Ill buy my stuff from them.

@ Bryan. Keep the plank vids coming. Cant let the quad guys take over. Loved that twin engine you have. Never seen one of those before. Oops think it was Hughs but you guys are twins anyway.

@ Brian. Heading off to watch your vid. Hope your batteries dont cry to much and keep you awake.

I reset the battery alarm to 106 and that stops me now at 11v rather than 10.6 as before which is adequate.

Batteries are all stored in their respective "ammo boxes" and I'm excited about going to the flying club in the AM

Glad YOU got to fly and ya, preflights are my bane. I need to be more disciplined!!

b
Old 09-25-2013, 04:35 PM
ingleburn

I reset the battery alarm to 106 and that stops me now at 11v rather than 10.6 as before which is adequate.

Batteries are all stored in their respective "ammo boxes" and I'm excited about going to the flying club in the AM

Glad YOU got to fly and ya, preflights are my bane. I need to be more disciplined!!

b
You prob already saw this but I know you were talking about a tri. Wow I didnt know you needed a servo on them. Neat that it folds up as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iC6Gz_qysxc&feature=em-uploademail
Old 09-25-2013, 04:51 PM
rikybob

You prob already saw this but I know you were talking about a tri. Wow I didnt know you needed a servo on them. Neat that it folds up as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iC6Gz_qysxc&feature=em-uploademail
Can't wait to watch this in the morning (spending quality time w/ wifey).

I sooooo look forward to this build. One of the guys at the field said that it flew EXACTLY like a helicopter and was great for learning that skill set. I like the "portability" aspect of it!

Woot!

b
Old 09-25-2013, 05:22 PM
rikybob

THIS looks cool as hell but 40 BUX USD to get it here?

It should come with a little Thai hooker!

b
Old 09-25-2013, 05:38 PM
ingleburn

THIS looks cool as hell but 40 BUX USD to get it here?

It should come with a little Thai hooker!

b
Hehehe yeah a cool plane for sure. $25 to get it here. So enough left over for a thai hooker.

I use this to download YT videos. http://www.10youtube.com/what-10youtube.html Saves me having to wait if I want to watch them again.
Old 09-25-2013, 11:54 PM
mnemennth

Brian -

That reminds me, I got a couple Taco-ed Pack-os from 2 crashes; need to put 'em in my "safety vessel" (A double-walled stainless steel mug) until I can strip 'em out & "inert-ify" them.

The Skipper looks to be one-piece wing; probably a fleeping huge box causing those high shipping costs. This needs to get to the US Warehouse so I can afford it.

New video up; my lastest flying day in San Antonio. These are great bunch of guys; all the help they've given my while I try and beat some hand-eye coordination skills into these old mechanic hands of mine.

I'm gonna miss 'em!

Here's the link to the longest of 4 videos; that's the one YoubTube started with. You should start with "Flight 3" if it's done uploading; I'm guessing 0700-0800-ish. "First Successful Landing!" is the last one.

http://youtu.be/X2VFKF2hPJs

I shall resurrect her; and when I do, I shall name her "Pignose".

Laters guys; I been up all night packing to make up for playing hookey.

mnem
*Vapor*
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC08146.JPG
Views:	59
Size:	2.59 MB
ID:	1924945  

Last edited by mnemennth; 09-26-2013 at 12:07 AM.
Old 09-26-2013, 02:23 AM
rikybob

Originally Posted by mnemennth
Brian -

That reminds me, I got a couple Taco-ed Pack-os from 2 crashes; need to put 'em in my "safety vessel" (A double-walled stainless steel mug) until I can strip 'em out & "inert-ify" them.

The Skipper looks to be one-piece wing; probably a fleeping huge box causing those high shipping costs. This needs to get to the US Warehouse so I can afford it.

New video up; my lastest flying day in San Antonio. These are great bunch of guys; all the help they've given my while I try and beat some hand-eye coordination skills into these old mechanic hands of mine.

I'm gonna miss 'em!

Here's the link to the longest of 4 videos; that's the one YoubTube started with. You should start with "Flight 3" if it's done uploading; I'm guessing 0700-0800-ish. "First Successful Landing!" is the last one.

I shall resurrect her; and when I do, I shall name her "Pignose".

Laters guys; I been up all night packing to make up for playing hookey.

mnem
*Vapor*
Yah, time to make those packs safe and send the off to the land fill!

The planes wings are two piece (as per the accompanying viddy) but it's a fairly large craft.

I like it and it should be part of my fleet!

Looking forward to the viddy (not up as of my time at 0630).

You winding up?

b
Old 09-26-2013, 02:26 AM
rikybob

Well kidz, a monumental day here in my life!

I am now officially eligible to retire at which time I can take my full pension!

Woot!

However, I will play it this way....I can work up to 60 months and I HAVE to retire or "Three bad days"!

All the best!

b
Old 09-26-2013, 07:25 AM
mnemennth

Smile Video, etc...

Brian -

"You gotta make hay while the sun shines."

I say if you're able to keep making the hay, and you're not sick of the sight of the field, keep making that hay. Unless your pension pays enough that you can go see other fields... like say ones in Hawaii, or Japan, or Brazil...

Everybody I know who has been able to travel after they retired... they all say they wish they had started years earlier, even though the work time was twice as hard. The reason being... you need to take that time to enjoy yourself while you're still fit enough to enjoy it; it's no fun to visit exciting places when all you can do is hobble around the mall nearest the airport.

Videos JUST finished uploading; sorry for not having good blather, but it's hard to yammer when you're concentrating so hard you're biting your tongue like a 5-year-old with a coloring book.

http://youtu.be/WD9gs-k_Brk
"Learning to fly; tongue-tied & twisted, just an earth-bound misfit, I."

Unfortunately, lots of Jello when I'm walking due to the floppy brim on my Walkabout Hat. Not too bad once I plant my feet & start crashing... err, flying the plane This is my last Wednesday in San Antonio; so no more chances to play hookey and steal a couple hours with the guys. Thanks Jim, for helping me get the Delta dialed in so it's "Paul - Friendly".

It's not your fault I got disoriented & flew it backwards of the backwards it was flying.

This is NOT the first time I've bounced one off that tent, either.

As always; I get into trouble when I forget that altitude is my friend.

Third crash with my little KFm2 Delta; it got messed up bad enough It'll need glue instead of just tape patches like my first one.

You'll probably want to FF through the vertigo-inducing walking and the boring time spent trying to capture pictures of my little "Pignose" & setting up the TX for the Jigsaw Cub; though if you are patient while I'm walking out to the plane, you can see me yelling at a dragonfly that was pacing me all the way out just on the the other side of the fence.

I SWEAR he was laughing at me!!!

This time I actually thought I had the cam OFF after the crash; luckily for me it kept rolling & recorded some nice interaction with Jim & a local kid who was watching us fly, as well as my first successful rolling take-off with the Jigsaw Cub. I might break this up into some shorter subjects once I have a little more time.

Had I realized I was still rolling film, I wouldn't have asked Jim to bring it in for me; I wanted to be SURE I actually got to film at least a successful take-off.

http://youtu.be/rMr_L30CvmI
This is my 2nd flight with the Jigsaw Cub; I was getting it trimmed out when I lost sight of it behind the tree I thought I was going to crash into. Killed throttle; went out to pick up the pieces & killed the camera before anybody saw me do anything else stupid.

http://youtu.be/4siKf-MBHXA
I was getting the Jigsaw Cub trimmed out when I lost sight of it behind a tree; killed throttle & went out to pick up the pieces, but as I approached, saw it sitting in the driveway, just waiting for me so I restarted the video.

Figures - my first successful landing, and I wasn't even there for it!

Okay... done with breakfast, and I have 2 Saturn motors that need to go to the scrap. L8ers, guys!

mnem
Oh, my aching badunka-dunk...

Last edited by mnemennth; 09-26-2013 at 08:54 AM.
Old 09-26-2013, 08:49 AM
rikybob

Originally Posted by mnemennth
Brian -

"You gotta make hay while the sun shines."

I say if you're able to keep making the hay, and you're not sick of the sight of the field, keep making that hay. Unless your pension pays enough that you can go see other fields... like say ones in Hawaii, or Japan, or Brazil...

Everybody I know who has been able to travel after they retired... they all say they wish they had started years earlier, even though the work time was twice as hard. The reason being... you need to take that time to enjoy yourself while you're still fit enough to enjoy it; it's no fun to visit exciting places when all you can do is hobble around the mall nearest the airport.

Videos JUST finished uploading; sorry for not having good blather, but it's hard to yammer when you're concentrating so hard you're biting your tongue like a 5-year-old with a coloring book.

"Learning to fly; tongue-tied & twisted, just an earth-bound misfit, I."

Unfortunately, lots of Jello when I'm walking due to the floppy brim on my Walkabout Hat. Not too bad once I plant my feet & start crashing... err, flying the plane This is my last Wednesday in San Antonio; so no more chances to play hookey and steal a couple hours with the guys. Thanks Jim, for helping me get the Delta dialed in so it's "Paul - Friendly".

It's not your fault I got disoriented & flew it backwards of the backwards it was flying.

This is NOT the first time I've bounced one off that tent, either.

As always; I get into trouble when I forget that altitude is my friend.

Third crash with my little KFm2 Delta; it got messed up bad enough It'll need glue instead of just tape patches like my first one.

You'll probably want to FF through the vertigo-inducing walking and the boring time spent trying to capture pictures of my little "Pignose" & setting up the TX for the Jigsaw Cub; though if you are patient while I'm walking out to the plane, you can see me yelling at a dragonfly that was pacing me all the way out just on the the other side of the fence.

I SWEAR he was laughing at me!!!

This time I actually thought I had the cam OFF after the crash; luckily for me it kept rolling & recorded some nice interaction with Jim & a local kid who was watching us fly, as well as my first successful rolling take-off with the Jigsaw Cub. I might break this up into some shorter subjects once I have a little more time.

Had I realized I was still rolling film, I wouldn't have asked Jim to bring it in for me; I wanted to be SURE I actually got to film at least a successful take-off.

This is my 2nd flight with the Jigsaw Cub; I was getting it trimmed out when I lost sight of it behind the tree I thought I was going to crash into. Killed throttle; went out to pick up the pieces & killed the camera before anybody saw me do anything else stupid.

I was getting the Jigsaw Cub trimmed out when I lost sight of it behind a tree; killed throttle & went out to pick up the pieces, but as I approached, saw it sitting in the driveway, just waiting for me so I restarted the video.

Figures - my first successful landing, and I wasn't even there for it!

Okay... done with breakfast, and I have 2 Saturn motors that need to go to the scrap. L8ers, guys!

mnem
Oh, my aching badunka-dunk...
My boss called me today and asked me how I felt and I said "Great!". Not just for now but the future. I'm in really good health and look to finish out the 5 years. I'll only be 54!

Great viddys and THANKS for sharing!!

Now to work on my Q450 that has the propensity to fall from the sky for no forkin' reason!!!

b
Old 09-26-2013, 09:20 AM
rikybob

Alrighty then.

Took a close look at the KK2 and find nothing dodgy about it's installation. Also found that I can't get to the board (it's in the middle) to re-flash it without dis-assembly. Further more since I won't be using the BEC on my ESC for the next build I am going to leave all well enough alone.

I will reflash the KK2 after I remove it from the frame when the HK Mega Pilot arrives. Until then, I will be forced to fly my MCP X and my 500 along with my Slow Stick which is prolly a good thang!

All the best peeps!

b

EDIT: Screw pgh. #2 above.....see next post!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6vSoLk1ISE&feature=youtu.be http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9dKG2suKGo&feature=youtu.be http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaMshiqDVwY&feature=youtu.be http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIdN6L4jr6Y&feature=youtu.be

Last edited by rikybob; 09-26-2013 at 01:42 PM.
Old 09-26-2013, 01:43 PM
rikybob

Hello Bizzizzaches!!

Couldn't stand it and did some minor surgery to the Q450 and used Ingleburns find re: RC911 KK2 board firmware mod. Really cool! Thanx Ingleburn!

Dunno if it fixed my "falls out of the sky like a bag of wet mice" problem but cool to play with!

Enjoy.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awAdHPwKSZg&feature=youtu.be
Old 09-26-2013, 03:37 PM
ingleburn

Well kidz, a monumental day here in my life!

I am now officially eligible to retire at which time I can take my full pension!

Woot!

However, I will play it this way....I can work up to 60 months and I HAVE to retire or "Three bad days"!

All the best!

b
Not a bad place to be in. Work until it pi********* you off then retire.
Old 09-26-2013, 03:43 PM
hugj
My Feedback: (7)

Now I'm not sure but I heard it but did not see it Oh help me I think I need new glasses or my computer has had a major $$##@#$###$34
Old 09-26-2013, 03:48 PM
rikybob

Not a bad place to be in. Work until it pi********* you off then retire.

It's been a wonderful career! I wonder if you have something similar in Oz??

b
Old 09-26-2013, 03:49 PM
rikybob

Originally Posted by hugj
Now I'm not sure but I heard it but did not see it Oh help me I think I need new glasses or my computer has had a major $$##@#$###$34

Grrrr! Hats on odd!

b
Old 09-26-2013, 04:05 PM
ingleburn

It's been a wonderful career! I wonder if you have something similar in Oz??

b

Maybe similar to this http://jobguide.thegoodguides.com.au...on/Park-Ranger or this http://jobguide.thegoodguides.com.au...heries-Officer
Old 09-26-2013, 04:12 PM
rikybob

Yah, very close.

HERE is what we do.

b

Last edited by rikybob; 09-26-2013 at 04:15 PM.
Old 09-26-2013, 10:02 PM
ingleburn

Well the first bits for my quad are starting to come in. The props this morning and this just got here. http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/161080527...84.m1439.l2649

How can they make money when its $1.24 with free postage. My main order from HK is still stuck in the print queue.

I was going to try and do the build with no help from Brian or Jonesy but got stuck on the prop balancing so sorry Jonesy for annoying you all day.

Next time its Brians turn

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.