Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
Reload this Page >

HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part IV

Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part IV

Old 10-14-2013, 03:00 AM
ahamay

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rikybob
Testify Jonesy!!!!!
You intimated that we could shift over to RC Groups......do ya wanna table it?
b
No.... probably not the best idea. I'm hopeful that they will fix the email and linking issues soon.

I actually meant to use rcgroups as a comparison. I've got a number of thread subscriptions over there... I get the notifications for a new post.. click the link and read it and get out of there. The same process on here is just an ordeal.

Last edited by ahamay; 10-14-2013 at 03:03 AM.
Old 10-14-2013, 03:56 AM
rikybob

Originally Posted by ahamay
No.... probably not the best idea. I'm hopeful that they will fix the email and linking issues soon.

I actually meant to use rcgroups as a comparison. I've got a number of thread subscriptions over there... I get the notifications for a new post.. click the link and read it and get out of there. The same process on here is just an ordeal.

Just throwing it out there!

Yah, been at RC Groups as long as here. My only ties to this Web Forum is you guys as I don't use this as a knowledge base for anything.

I've always liked RC Groups better but will hang here as it doesn't really bother me to check in a coupla times a day until they get there poop in a pile.

Breath deeply Jonesy, breath deeply........

b
Old 10-14-2013, 04:39 AM
ingleburn

Just throwing it out there!

Yah, been at RC Groups as long as here. My only ties to this Web Forum is you guys as I don't use this as a knowledge base for anything.

I've always liked RC Groups better but will hang here as it doesn't really bother me to check in a coupla times a day until they get there poop in a pile.

Breath deeply Jonesy, breath deeply........

b
Yeah I was talking about it to Jonesy today. While RCG is a lot better they also have more than their fair share of knobs. Its nice and peaceful here for the most part.

Hate to spoil it by having flamers come in and ruin the peace. It would be nice to get a few more people in here but not if it includes idiots. ( Speaking of that, who invited Barbie Girl in here? )

Its about time she made her quarterly visit to ask us if we can take off straight yet.
Old 10-14-2013, 04:49 AM
rikybob

Originally Posted by ingleburn
Yeah I was talking about it to Jonesy today. While RCG is a lot better they also have more than their fair share of knobs. Its nice and peaceful here for the most part.

Hate to spoil it by having flamers come in and ruin the peace. It would be nice to get a few more people in here but not if it includes idiots. ( Speaking of that, who invited Barbie Girl in here? ) (Ouch) I swear she was cool but apparently not! OMG

Its about time she made her quarterly visit to ask us if we can take off straight yet. GRRRR!!!

Agreed!

I like the quiet!!!

b

PS Forkin' Barbi!
Old 10-14-2013, 05:19 AM
ingleburn

Agreed!

I like the quiet!!!

b

PS Forkin' Barbi!
I didnt mean you were an idiot. S hit we she came in I bet I wasnt the only one diving to see if she had a photo on her profile.
Old 10-14-2013, 06:42 AM
rikybob

I didnt mean you were an idiot. S hit we she came in I bet I wasnt the only one diving to see if she had a photo on her profile.
Oh, I was an IDIOT alright!

I'd been watching her for some time and knew she was KRAZY!

I thought she'd had calmed down and really enjoyed chatting with her as she was COOL as hell!

NOT TO BE!

"*****es be KRAZY!"

b
Old 10-14-2013, 03:47 PM
mnemennth

So.... latest installment... Hell has come to stay; in the form of 1099s and Schedule Cs. That's right; I just got all my crap together for my taxes. Now to find someone who'll do it same day...

Ifni save me.

mnem
grr. arrg.
Old 10-14-2013, 03:54 PM
ahamay

Hi Guys,

I created a facebook group earlier this year for a few of us to communicate when this forum was down and having issues. We've been using it a bit of late so if any of the other regulars want to join the group you can do so by using the Join Group link at the page below. Of course you'll need a facebook account but most people have them anyway.

The group is separate to the friends facebook functionality...you can just be a member of the group and participate but not be friends with anyone in it.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/helifriends/
Old 10-15-2013, 05:01 PM
rikybob

Hiya Kidz!

Been working in FaceBook with Jonesy on my APM Mega project and have come along nicely!

I should maiden tomorrow and we shall see!!!

All the best!

B
Old 10-15-2013, 07:21 PM
mnemennth

Originally Posted by ahamay
Hi Guys,

I created a facebook group earlier this year for a few of us to communicate when this forum was down and having issues. We've been using it a bit of late so if any of the other regulars want to join the group you can do so by using the Join Group link at the page below. Of course you'll need a facebook account but most people have them anyway.

The group is separate to the friends facebook functionality...you can just be a member of the group and participate but not be friends with anyone in it.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/helifriends/

Alas; I do not Face. Or Twit. Or PInt. Or WoW. Or Live-whatever. I have two small children and my tiny aircraft; there is no room in my life for any other timesinks.

After 6 12-14 hour days tearing a house full of boxes apart looking for my documentation, I am officially a productive member of society again; I've filed my taxes. Now, once John, Ted and Rick finish molesting their football, maybe America can get back to the business of... America. After taking 2 months to catch up on a 10-15 day backlog of course.

Hopefully my refund will arrive in time for Christmas; I have some critical bills due before the new year and I'd REALLY like to re-order my birthday present before my NEXT birthday.

I'm going to take a day or two off to just rest however; I've been rode hard & put away wet for about 2 months straight.

But... HEY! One positive note!

Y'all may or may not know, but I've been on a hypoglycemic diet (20-30 total grams carbs a day or less) for two months now; I have taken up my belt a notch 4 times, and am now at the last notch on the small end. After taking a few days to make sure I was going to stay there, I chanced stepping on my scale; much to my surprise, it no longer just chirps "err..." (That's electronic scale for "One at a time, please!"), it actually gave me a reading of... 327 Lbs.

*sigh*

That means I have to lose another 87 lbs to get back to the weight I was when I fell off my diet last time. That also means I am approx twice my ideal "fighting weight" (for me, about 20lbs underweight for my frame) and about 150 lbs away from my "reasonable goal" of 180 lbs; my "linebacker weight" when I used to bench 250 and leg press a ton.

Getting back that muscle weight I traded for fat is gonna be a LOT more work...

Well, it's not like my life is at stake here; I guess I can take my time.

mnem
Wait a minute...
Old 10-15-2013, 11:14 PM
rikybob

Originally Posted by mnemennth
Alas; I do not Face. Or Twit. Or PInt. Or WoW. Or Live-whatever. I have two small children and my tiny aircraft; there is no room in my life for any other timesinks.

After 6 12-14 hour days tearing a house full of boxes apart looking for my documentation, I am officially a productive member of society again; I've filed my taxes. Now, once John, Ted and Rick finish molesting their football, maybe America can get back to the business of... America. After taking 2 months to catch up on a 10-15 day backlog of course.

Hopefully my refund will arrive in time for Christmas; I have some critical bills due before the new year and I'd REALLY like to re-order my birthday present before my NEXT birthday.

I'm going to take a day or two off to just rest however; I've been rode hard & put away wet for about 2 months straight.

But... HEY! One positive note!

Y'all may or may not know, but I've been on a hypoglycemic diet (20-30 total grams carbs a day or less) for two months now; I have taken up my belt a notch 4 times, and am now at the last notch on the small end. After taking a few days to make sure I was going to stay there, I chanced stepping on my scale; much to my surprise, it no longer just chirps "err..." (That's electronic scale for "One at a time, please!"), it actually gave me a reading of... 327 Lbs.

*sigh*

That means I have to lose another 87 lbs to get back to the weight I was when I fell off my diet last time. That also means I am approx twice my ideal "fighting weight" (for me, about 20lbs underweight for my frame) and about 150 lbs away from my "reasonable goal" of 180 lbs; my "linebacker weight" when I used to bench 250 and leg press a ton.

Getting back that muscle weight I traded for fat is gonna be a LOT more work...

Well, it's not like my life is at stake here; I guess I can take my time.

mnem
Wait a minute...
"Timesink", that's AWESOME!!! Because THAT's exactly what it is! Some things are for novelty and some things are germane to day to day life and boil down to one's personal condition and needs.

In my world if I want to keep up with friends and family, it's Facebook.

It works perfectly for my personal condition in that my time is very, very "fragmented". As of this post it is being generated at 0300 hours.

Glad you have your taxes done as it wasn't the FBI that got Capone, it was the Treasury Department!

Speaking of personal conditions, congratulations on your weight loss (again).

That's (pardon the pun) HUGE!

Wifey and I some 15 years ago joined Weight Watchers and never looked back! I lost 40lbs and kept it off and she lost 72lbs and has Yo-Yo'd 1/2 dozen times but still manages to take it off each time.

Once you pull the weight off you KNOW you can do it again. I tell folks it's one thing if yer ugly. You can't do ANYTHING about that but if yer fat.......

Weight Watchers and modified versions of South Beach are the only sustainable diets IMHO. I'm so pleased that I live the WW lifestyle in that when I was diagnosed with Type II, it was a simple dove tail from "If you watch fat, the calories will watch themselves" to "What, I can't eat ANY carbs again?"

Good luck on your weight and may the force be with you on this very private of journeys that only you can travel.

I'll still be posting here and keep up the good work!

b

Last edited by rikybob; 10-16-2013 at 06:52 AM.
Old 10-16-2013, 12:52 AM
ingleburn

Hi guys, have my own great news. For those of you who don't know my son has been on dialysis for the last year waiting on a kidney trans plant. Got the call this morning that they have a kidney and he is getting a transplant as I speak. Helis and quads will take a back seat for a while while he recovers and finally after 16 years his life might finally get back to normal.
Old 10-16-2013, 01:22 AM
pushinoldrc
My Feedback: (46)

That's REAL cool Jonesy, I wish the best for you both.
B
Old 10-16-2013, 02:38 AM
ahamay

Hi guys, have my own great news. For those of you who don't know my son has been on dialysis for the last year waiting on a kidney trans plant. Got the call this morning that they have a kidney and he is getting a transplant as I speak. Helis and quads will take a back seat for a while while he recovers and finally after 16 years his life might finally get back to normal.
Awesome news....must be a relief. Wishing him a speedy recovery.
Old 10-16-2013, 03:15 AM
rikybob

Great news and looking for the "buttoning up" post!

God Speed!

b
Old 10-16-2013, 07:02 AM
rikybob

Hiya Kidz!

I tried to maiden the ArduPilot and the rig just "Flipped over". Closer inspection found that pitch/roll was reversed even though the software appeared to be set correctly. Grrr!

So's I set it properly and spun it up with ALL my hand/eye skill it "Flips Over". Grrrrrrr!

Back to the software and look, look, and re-look and "It's got to be me" and took it out front again after noting that the props and motors are all going in the right direction.

It forkin' "flips over" AND broke a prop.. Grrrrrrr!

Time for work.

So's I'm pondering in my head what to do. I go over "initial setup" in my head ALL is correct.

I then think of hardware. I recalled that my posh git GPS mounts base is wedged under the Flight Controller case. Well, when I think of how that thing works the pole is NOT tight in the mount and has 1/4 mm play. I suspect that that damn thing is a giant, weighted, harmonic vibration rod is, in essence jammed into the Flight Controller board. Maybe?

I'll find out at about 1800 today and barring that I will go BACK through the entirety of the "initial setup"!

All the best to you and yours!

b
Old 10-16-2013, 04:23 PM
rikybob

Woot!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PC7HvZz0G4M&feature=youtu.be
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhj_Yjc9qeE&feature=youtu.be
Old 10-17-2013, 08:37 AM
mnemennth

Yippee!

Daddy got a day off! Gonna fly.... something. We'll see what.

Hey... b... As much as I love yer blather, my primary internet connection right now is my phone; I really don't have the bandwidth for youbTube. Could ya please, please, pretty please update with a bit of text so I can read what U did to fix yer quad?

mnem
Where is my arse?

Old 10-17-2013, 09:48 AM
rikybob

Originally Posted by mnemennth
Yippee!

Daddy got a day off! Gonna fly.... something. We'll see what.

Hey... b... As much as I love yer blather, my primary internet connection right now is my phone; I really don't have the bandwidth for youbTube. Could ya please, please, pretty please update with a bit of text so I can read what U did to fix yer quad?

mnem
Where is my arse?

Glad to see you got some me time!

Ahhhh, I forgot you are robbin' Miky D's!

I'd be my pleasure to paraphrase what's doing!

Blabity, blah, blah, I'm doing so great it's scary! Blabity, blah, blah going on yet another vacation. Blabity blah, blah, yer ole pal Brian is a "half wit" who plugged his motors in backwards on the APM and flipped the dang thing a dozen times until he figgered what he did wrong AND he didn't tape up his wires right on the ESC and tried HARD to burn one up with a dead short!!

Seriously, I got the thing running and in stable mode it's TIGHT!!!! Today I will try loiter and simple mode!

Thanx for askin' and I'll be cognizant that you are on limited bandwidth as I like to share lifes stuff!!!

All the best!

b
Old 10-17-2013, 07:35 PM
mnemennth

Ahhh... the simple sh!! is always what shoots you down.

I've managed to escape the McD's scene; after walking around inside & outside the house several times with my new smartphone I found a spot in one window where I could get good 2G/sometimes 4G signal; I plug it into the charger and turn on hotspot mode and I'm good for websurfing on my laptops, but still DITW on my desktop and my data plan caps out at 2.5GB/mo so streaming anything is pretty much gerflunkt.

(I picked up one of these: http://www.hsn.com/products/nokia-lumia-521-no-contract-4-win-8-smartphone/7162563 when HSN had them on sale and a $20 off coupon that brought my net cost down to $79.95 delivered. Yeah, I know... Windows Phone. But $80 no-contract for a 4" smartphone with WiFi hotspot enabled that does 720P video was too good to not at least give it a try... so far, not an exciting phone, but VERY capable. And MUCH fewer bugs than ANY Android device I've had... *wibble* )

I had a bit of a disappointment yesterday; the LHS has gone gerflunkt too, so nearest ones now are Corpus (same 2 hours away as San Damntonio) or Houston. Maybe when we go visit Beth's mom...

I didn't get to fly anything; spent the day investigating a funny noise on my PT Cruiser and found that the half-assed crash rebuild on the front end of the car had popped a crappy tack weld and let the bottom core support on the passenger side drift back so the AC pulley rubbed against it. A little misuse of a scissor jack put it back where it belonged and I zipped it down withe several large sheet metal screws. Then of course I had to find replacements for a dozen or so other panel screws and bolts they "forgot" to put back, and now it appears to be whole again. When I replace the headlights & grille I'll drag out my MIG and put that core support up proper.

Now I'm just waiting for pills to start working so I can go to sleep... maybe I'll be able to steal away for a couple hours tomorrow with a Vapor or rebuild my Teeny-Weenie Greenie V202...

Oh snap... lookit this:

http://www.xheli.com/28h-sj991-black.html

It's a little Syma S107G with a motion LED gimcrack added to the mainshaft; heck, it'd be worth that much just to rob the gimcrack off it for a REAL heli.

Oh, yeah... I think I've figured out the "You don't have permission" PITA here; it appears their activity timeout is set pretty short, so if you spend more than a minute or two composing your post, your token expires. Just cut EVERYTHING out of your post, do a [SHIFT] reload to force it to reload the entire page and it gets a new token. Then, paste your post back in the box and you're good to post! This procedure also allows you to put up photos and vids from links after it gives you that annoying message too.

A'aight y'all; Love, Peace & gravy grease, I'm outta here...

mnem
Yes, you may have some.

Last edited by mnemennth; 10-17-2013 at 08:05 PM. Reason: Random thoughts from a random person...
Old 10-18-2013, 07:23 AM
rikybob

Hiya kidz!

Went out to fly and had a relatively nice morning!

Flew the S/S a couple of times and went to fly the Quad and DOH! No Rx?!!?!

Picked the thing up and moved it and a DIFFERENT hot ESC??!!?

Glanced around and found where my Posh Git LED's had a line break loose and was shorting!!! Grrrr!!!!

Never could get the Rx to "wake up". Well, worse case I killed both the board and the Rx but the board lit up?

Got home applied power to the Rx interdependently and NOTHING. Grrrr!

Used a different Rx on the board and NOTHING?? Grrrr!

Last ditch and hit the "Reset button" on the board and VOILA'!!!!

Didn't have time to do another setup on the Rx but it looks VERY encouraging!

Off on vacation and will be a lurkin'!

b

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THygYRrOJZE&feature=youtu.be
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgDfacj3KVU&feature=youtu.be

Last edited by rikybob; 10-18-2013 at 07:28 AM.
Old 10-18-2013, 09:52 PM
Rob2160

Well it had to happen. Stripped down the quad for a make over. Added lights, a new motor and redid the wiring and camera mount.

Back to factory defaults and set it up again. First flight and I crashed it. Lost orientation and it went behind a tree and had to chop the throttle and hope for the best.

Luckily it landed in really long grass and no damage. A foot further and it would have hit a fence. Got to be lucky sometimes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvkTLEU-dog
Whew, that was close, saw the wires also. that could have been much worse.. thanks for sharing.. The video quality is great.
Old 10-20-2013, 07:58 PM
Tinkman

Hey Guys,
I went out flying with my Cessna last week on my day off and just got around to posting the video. Thanks to those of you who posted comments on you tube.
It was my first successful flight! On the second flight the video camera died, then I crashed at minute 9.... taking those turns too tight again. I smoked the ESC, but other than that, not much damage. She's all back together and waiting for another calm morning. The video is a bit on the long side, but here it is anyway. Enjoy.
Joaquin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yRosBUHMB0&feature=c4-overview&list=UU8rkFwnP0xwYspQEOppQ8TQ
Old 10-22-2013, 12:08 AM
Rob2160

Am I allowed to post vids of Quad Copters here?.

Picked up one of these yesterday - can't wait to unleash it outdoors.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NJGoPi3-xo Enjoyed the vid Tinkman, sorry to hear about the crash.

Hope all is going well with your son Ingleburn.
Old 10-22-2013, 02:38 AM
ingleburn

Hi guys, just thought I would pop in and let you know my sons transplant surgery went well. He is out of intensive care and in a ward and getting stronger every day.
The new kidney isnt working yet but hoping it will get its act together soon. Havent had the time or energy to keep up with the happenings here or anywhere else for that matter so its looks like I will have a lot of catching up to do when things settle down.
Thanks for the kind words and hopefully Ill be back here and annoying Brian in no time at all.

@ Rob. Welcome to the quad world even though its a posh git one.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.