Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
Reload this Page >

HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part IV

Community
Search
Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part IV

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2013, 10:36 PM
ingleburn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rikybob
Just a heads up.

I guess this is a permanent 5% off code at HK.

I saved two bux on my NEW APM board (Damn-it)

RV6315C725-7BB4-4

b
Didnt work for me. Maybe its only for the INT warehouse.
Old 11-17-2013, 05:12 AM
pushinoldrc
My Feedback: (46)

Mnem... sounds to me like a severe case of Spy Drone Radiation. I suggest tin foil hats all around!
B
Old 11-17-2013, 05:25 AM
rikybob

Originally Posted by pushinoldrc
Mnem... sounds to me like a severe case of Spy Drone Radiation. I suggest tin foil hats all around!
B
Hehhe! Good un Bryan!

b

PS Gonna need a FULL report from Georgia damnit!
Old 11-17-2013, 11:46 AM
rikybob

Hiya Kidz!

I put the SIM on the big screen, added "wind" and found the flying of the Trojan and the ICON-A5 to be VERY realistic!

I need more SIM time.

I investigated my low sound on the 808 cam and decided to salvage a mic from an old crappy one I don't use. Made it worse. I actually KNEW it'd make it worse but I did it anyway.

What I ended up doing is sent my wifey a note that I want a Mobius for Xmas and put a copy of Corel Video editor on my computer and upped the audio to 500%.

I'll have to edit my viddys instead of the convenience up just upping but hey, I salvaged a cam. If I get a second cam this on will "ride" on the planes etc. exclusively!

Going flyin' in the morning and hope all is well in YOUR worlds!

b
Old 11-18-2013, 05:34 PM
Flying Fiz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My world has been very very wet. It rained all weekend, I did however sneek out and put 5 batteries through the new EFlite Habu Jet inbetween showers on Sat arvo...man that thing is an absolute blast to fly.

Rob you are right, it is the best flying of any of the UM planes/jets and so fast and so easy at the same time. Those HK batts are terrific.

After some home chores on Saturday to keep the good wife happy, I dedicated the whole of Sunday to building my new Hangar 9 P 47. It is a really great scale plane, with internal flaps and elevator and all the correct markings on a perfect scale body it is shaping up a treat!

I was all set to maiden the HobbyKing Sbach thunderbolt (pics of final plane ready to go, but way to wet.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sbach Ready.JPG
Views:	45
Size:	3.14 MB
ID:	1940421   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sbach Ready 1.JPG
Views:	46
Size:	2.69 MB
ID:	1940422  
Old 11-18-2013, 05:49 PM
rikybob

Hiya Kidz!

Had a blast today!

Went out to the field and flew the Slow Stick for about 1/2 hour before the wind picked up!

Then I took the 500 for a walk and what treat it is to fly! Flying the plank gives me great confidence to fly the heli!

Flew the heli for about 9 packs and really had a blast!

My 6s 300's are slowly dying off so I need to order a couple more!

Below you will find the crappy audio of my viddys.

I'm hoping to devote the #16 to the aircraft all together and get a Mobius for Chrissy!

Enjoy Eric DRILLING his T-28 into the ground after loss of elevator. Really messed it up but "Gorilla Glue" and some patience later and he could have been back in the air but he killed his ESC!

Nice lookin plane Phil and hope you get some viddy!

Going out again tomorrow before I visit me dad so I hope the Wx will cooperate!

All the best!

b

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bY_sQwatnWk http://www.youtube.com/audio?v=bkhzKl-cnuE
Old 11-18-2013, 07:10 PM
ingleburn

Originally Posted by Flying Fiz
My world has been very very wet. It rained all weekend, I did however sneek out and put 5 batteries through the new EFlite Habu Jet inbetween showers on Sat arvo...man that thing is an absolute blast to fly.

Rob you are right, it is the best flying of any of the UM planes/jets and so fast and so easy at the same time. Those HK batts are terrific.

After some home chores on Saturday to keep the good wife happy, I dedicated the whole of Sunday to building my new Hangar 9 P 47. It is a really great scale plane, with internal flaps and elevator and all the correct markings on a perfect scale body it is shaping up a treat!

I was all set to maiden the HobbyKing Sbach thunderbolt (pics of final plane ready to go, but way to wet.
.Yeah it has been wet here Phil. Glad you got some stick time in. Those UM planes look way to fast for me to handle. Great pics of the new one and looking forward to the maiden

Hiya Kidz!

Had a blast today!

Went out to the field and flew the Slow Stick for about 1/2 hour before the wind picked up!

Then I took the 500 for a walk and what treat it is to fly! Flying the plank gives me great confidence to fly the heli!

Flew the heli for about 9 packs and really had a blast!

My 6s 300's are slowly dying off so I need to order a couple more!

Below you will find the crappy audio of my viddys.

I'm hoping to devote the #16 to the aircraft all together and get a Mobius for Chrissy!

Enjoy Eric DRILLING his T-28 into the ground after loss of elevator. Really messed it up but "Gorilla Glue" and some patience later and he could have been back in the air but he killed his ESC!

Nice lookin plane Phil and hope you get some viddy!

Going out again tomorrow before I visit me dad so I hope the Wx will cooperate!

All the best!

b

[video=youtube;bY_sQwatnWk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bY_sQwatnWk

[video]http://www.youtube.com/audio?v=bkhzKl-cnuE
Looks like you had a busy morning. Glad Eric has his plane back together. Yeah you will love the Mobius. After using it the #16 looks ordinary.
Im sure mine is ok but it sure looks bad comparing it to the Mobius.
Went out this morning myself and got a few packs in with the Tarot 450. First time in over 6 weeks and the first flight was scarey as hell. Havent had the finger shakes for a long time.
Forced myself to do a few flips and some inverted. And even a loop. The heli survived but I think I need a little lie down. Uploading the video now and will post it later.
Old 11-18-2013, 09:04 PM
ingleburn

Just uploaded in time before I leave for work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeBdpbJsopE
Old 11-19-2013, 09:59 PM
mnemennth

Default Got my Mojo back!!!

Yesterday was a good day; after spending the afternoon Sunday working on the car and getting interrupted by a massive sewer blockage which eventually required intervention by city water & waste on Monday, I got my car back together. Today I test drove it, and it ran like a watch; the new coil fixed it. My parts for the TV came on Monday, and I worked on it again... and now it lives. And my Dynam Peaks came Monday night while I was working on the TV; the UPS dude sneaked it onto the front porch like a ninja. I wouldn't have even known it was there except I checked my e before bedtime and there was the UPS delivery notice.

Now as for the Peaks... well... it's NOT a PNF; it's a kit short radio & battery. and... it's not exactly straight. I'm talking with some of the guys over at the "Dynam Pitts Model 12" thread on RCG; it looks like all of these are known issues, and these planes require some hacking/modding to fly decent, but once that's done, they're great. Oy.

I really wanted it to be flyable by the weekend; looks like its not gonna happen even if my RXs get here. I will keep at it. I got my Mojo back; I can handle ANYTHING.

mnem
Whatchoo GOT?!?!? BRING IT!!!

Last edited by mnemennth; 11-20-2013 at 07:13 AM.
Old 11-20-2013, 04:11 PM
ingleburn

A challenge for you or Rob. Think you could fly it indoors. They make it look so easy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCdb814qw-U&feature=em-uploademail
Old 11-20-2013, 05:54 PM
rikybob

Originally Posted by ingleburn
A challenge for you or Rob. Think you could fly it indoors. They make it look so easy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCdb814qw-U&feature=em-uploademail

It makes me WANT one!

I ain't payin' 17 bux for a battery though! I be HK has an analog!

Rained here all day so spent some time on the SIM and have read virtually HALF of the ICON A5 thread! WOOT!

The amphibious plane will require two mods. I'm putting ailerons on it and the 3 axis gyro before it EVER sees the air!

Hope y'all are getting some air time!

b
Old 11-20-2013, 10:52 PM
mnemennth

I'm up to my patookie in this Dynam Peaks build; a few rough spots, but I think I'm getting a handle on it. I need to see if I can get into the programming of the my RX3S Gyro RXs to make flaps possible; I dunno if it is that sophisticated.

I tripped over somebody over on RCG this evening while doing research on programming the RX3S...

b - I have something I think you want back...

A'aight peoples... my sleeping pill is starting to kick in, so time to go pass out.

mnem
"Primer, ignition advance 8 degrees, 1/4 throttle and CONTACT!"
Old 11-21-2013, 02:21 AM
rikybob

Originally Posted by mnemennth
I'm up to my patookie in this Dynam Peaks build; a few rough spots, but I think I'm getting a handle on it. I need to see if I can get into the programming of the my RX3S Gyro RXs to make flaps possible; I dunno if it is that sophisticated.

I tripped over somebody over on RCG this evening while doing research on programming the RX3S...

b - I have something I think you want back...

A'aight peoples... my sleeping pill is starting to kick in, so time to go pass out.

mnem
"Primer, ignition advance 8 degrees, 1/4 throttle and CONTACT!"

Ahhh, where did you see me?

I've been skulking around the ICON A5 and related forums!

b
Old 11-21-2013, 09:40 AM
mnemennth

Well then... since b evidently doesn't feel a desperate need for this... *Holds up Brian's last 'Man Card' snurched from the ICON A5 thread* ...maybe I should just auction it off.

What am I offered for this fine, barely-used 'Man Card' in near-uncirculated condition? Would be great to have as a spare, or to pass off when the wife demands yours under article 46B of the 'Man Code'...

Remember, I'm building a new biplane... wheels, batteries, a 6-pack of Piloting Mojo would ALL be GREAT opening bids...

mnem
*Off to pick up my daughter*
Old 11-21-2013, 01:50 PM
rikybob

Well then... since b evidently doesn't feel a desperate need for this... *Holds up Brian's last 'Man Card' snurched from the ICON A5 thread* ...maybe I should just auction it off.

What am I offered for this fine, barely-used 'Man Card' in near-uncirculated condition? Would be great to have as a spare, or to pass off when the wife demands yours under article 46B of the 'Man Code'...

Remember, I'm building a new biplane... wheels, batteries, a 6-pack of Piloting Mojo would ALL be GREAT opening bids...

mnem
*Off to pick up my daughter*

Hehhe What can I say, wifey is a "romantic" about Christmas and in a weird kind of way. I like it.

I can research the hell outta something and ease my way into the project with knowledge. Lets be honest. I need ALL the help I can get. Recall you have been the recipitant of my errors. DOH!

Two things on my models I am going to correct 1st thing. On the T-28 I will replace the nose gear trunnion with one NOT made of butter and with the ICON A5 I will put packing tape on the leading edge of the wind as this tends to fairly eliminate a "Tip Stall" issue. Additionally I will put the ole OSX Gyro on the bugger as it is a little squirrely!

All the best!

b

"Honey, can I have my balls? All the guys have theirs!"
Old 11-21-2013, 02:54 PM
Flying Fiz

"A challenge for you or Rob. Think you could fly it indoors. They make it look so easy."

Hi Ingleburn,

Great viddy, thanks for that. But I'll leave that to Rob.

However, what I can say is that little jet gave me the biggest grin from anything RC in a long time, no pucker factor and just absolutely awesome fun to fly. Also it is just dead set super easy to fly, sure it can go like a rocket, but it also flies really slowly super stable. I really believe if you can fly any basic RC plane, you could fly this, and then when you get better with it you can just crank it up and it absolutely zooms. In that indoor facility they couldnt get it anywhere full speed as that builds up when you go full throttle in a straight line for a while.

The last time I flew it at a local park everyone there stopped what they were doing and just watched in amazment at this small jet zooming around.

So Brian and NMEM, seriously, you need to get one of these. Brian, it is as easy as a T-28 to fly....really!

Raining cats and dogs again, not sure I'll get to maiden anything this weekend and next weekend I'm in New Zealand playing golf with 15 of my good buddies.

Best to all,

Phil
Old 11-21-2013, 08:50 PM
Rob2160

Great to hear you are enjoying the mini Habu, I agree, its a blast, and your description is spot on, so fast and so easy..

Wow that Sbach looks terrific, the Carbon Prop also finishes it off perfectly.. That is going to be one sweet aircraft I think.

Yes the rain has stopped me flying also this week but managed a bit yesterday.

Brian, you would love one of these, and the Nano tech 300 Mah batts are super for it at just $5 a piece.

Ingleburn, impressive video of flying this little Habu indoors, too good for me.. I tried the little Eflite Sukhoi SU26 inside the Perth hangar once and managed it but it was no fun at all.. just stress.. I'd probably crash the Habu trying that.. funny because I was flying it yesterday and trying to keep it as close to myself as possible for video from the 350QX and consciously thought.. "there is no way I could fly this in the hangar"

Some Good and bad news with my Gaui 550.. It has been grounded for a several months due to the tail servo having failed (Futaba BLS 254) and I have been looking at alternatives... I ended up buying an Align DS655 from Wattsup RC (the same store I bought the Gaui kit from years ago)

First impressions were very good and I did a few small hover tests.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVY34p6HDRo

Unfortunately the servo has developed a grinding sound and is very "gritty" when moving, like it is full of sand. So the Gaui is grounded again until I get another servo.. Might just get another BLS 254 if I can find one... they are out of stock everywhere...

Also got a new canopy from HK for the Gaui 550, some new batteries and an Accucel 6 charger, (3 orders arrived today simultaneously.. felt like the "good ole days in Perth" again)

Otherwise not much news..

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	photoa 1.JPG
Views:	32
Size:	143.2 KB
ID:	1941130   Click image for larger version

Name:	photoa 2.JPG
Views:	33
Size:	160.5 KB
ID:	1941131   Click image for larger version

Name:	photob 1.JPG
Views:	32
Size:	145.5 KB
ID:	1941132  

Last edited by Rob2160; 11-21-2013 at 08:54 PM.
Old 11-21-2013, 09:43 PM
Flying Fiz

Good looking canopy Rob, but what are those two paddle like things opposite to and below the main blades?

Yes I think Brian should grab a little Habu, It would be a HUGE grin factor for both Brian and us seeing that thing being "Fishtanked" by the Master Fishtanker.
Old 11-21-2013, 10:33 PM
Rob2160

Good looking canopy Rob, but what are those two paddle like things opposite to and below the main blades?

Ha ha.. you are starting to sound like our old pal in Florida

Yes I think Brian should grab a little Habu, It would be a HUGE grin factor for both Brian and us seeing that thing being "Fishtanked" by the Master Fishtanker.
Its such a blast.. I think I'm going to buy a spare for Perth..
Old 11-22-2013, 03:55 AM
rikybob

@ Rob N Phil - I'll keep me eye on the Habu! Rob a linky for the battery please??

@ Phil specificially "Master Fishtanker" (ala the Three Stooges) Why I resemble that remark!

Heading out to put the caravan at the camp. Weather degrading and wifey has the lurgy (Three days before a black tie affair).

Hope all is well with you maniacs!

b

PS Rob, that servo is D/C'd here in the states.

PSS Rob, linky for the Habu batteries?
Old 11-22-2013, 11:06 AM
mnemennth

Rob -

Have you seen these?

http://www.audacitymodels.com/produc...0-f06b7e38cdea

This one in particular looks like an excellent substitiute; an upgrade even:

http://www.audacitymodels.com/Produc...V/Default.aspx

Their billet aluminum models are gorgeous manufacturing; but not their fastest, however.

Also, if you MUST have the Futaba... Servo City shows them still in stock:

http://www.servocity.com/html/bls-25...ess_servo.html

b -

Way to suck all the fun out of a joke!

Here... you might better keep this... *Hands b his "Man Card" back* It's not like I've got any use for it; I've been a stay-at-home dad pretty much ever since the baby grrl was born.

As for Christmas and prezzies under the tree... I'm also just such a hopeless romantic. My Peaks was SUPPOSED to be my Birthday/Father's Day present; it may yet wind up under the tree, as the bills are starting to catch up with us re: the move and things are getting pretty tight, and the way things are going, it might still not be finished.

Well, I need to go rebuild a bumper for my PT Cruiser; see y'all laters.

mnem
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.
Old 11-22-2013, 11:26 AM
rikybob

l

b -

Way to suck all the fun out of a joke!

Here... you might better keep this... *Hands b his "Man Card" back* It's not like I've got any use for it; I've been a stay-at-home dad pretty much ever since the baby grrl was born.

As for Christmas and prezzies under the tree... I'm also just such a hopeless romantic. My Peaks was SUPPOSED to be my Birthday/Father's Day present; it may yet wind up under the tree, as the bills are starting to catch up with us re: the move and things are getting pretty tight, and the way things are going, it might still not be finished.

Well, I need to go rebuild a bumper for my PT Cruiser; see y'all laters.

mnem
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.
DOH!

I though about that when I pushed the button.

b
Old 11-22-2013, 06:35 PM
Rob2160

@ Rob N Phil - I'll keep me eye on the Habu! Rob a linky for the battery please??

@ Phil specificially "Master Fishtanker" (ala the Three Stooges) Why I resemble that remark!

Heading out to put the caravan at the camp. Weather degrading and wifey has the lurgy (Three days before a black tie affair).

Hope all is well with you maniacs!

b

PS Rob, that servo is D/C'd here in the states.

PSS Rob, linky for the Habu batteries?
Linky for Habu Batteries (USA warehouse)

I use two models, both work equally great.

This one 300 Mah http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=36958

and this one 260 Mah http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=36954

Only 2 grams difference but I can notice it loops a little better with the lighter 260 mah version

Vid here from this morning... (Should be live in 20 mins)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrEByFpRwZI I have ordered another servo for the Gaui, a JR DS8900G - hopefully its better than the Align. Listed on HK at $99 but logging in as a Platinum I got it for $88.

Have read some good reviews of that servo with a Quark Gyro so the old Gaui will soon have a new lease on life.

Last edited by Rob2160; 11-22-2013 at 06:37 PM.
Old 11-22-2013, 06:40 PM
Rob2160

Rob -

Have you seen these?

http://www.audacitymodels.com/produc...0-f06b7e38cdea

This one in particular looks like an excellent substitiute; an upgrade even:

http://www.audacitymodels.com/Produc...V/Default.aspx

Their billet aluminum models are gorgeous manufacturing; but not their fastest, however.

Also, if you MUST have the Futaba... Servo City shows them still in stock:

http://www.servocity.com/html/bls-25...ess_servo.html

Thanks for the links, they look like nice servos. I ordered a JR8900G last night from HK.. if I doesn't work out I'll try one of those you listed.

Have you tried them? That Brushless one looks great. I think I would have bought it for sure if I didn't order the JR Servo yesterday.

Last edited by Rob2160; 11-22-2013 at 09:43 PM.
Old 11-23-2013, 07:55 AM
rikybob

Hiya Kidz!

Rob - Really enjoyed yer viddys and comments on TY!

All - Wifey is SPOILING me this year. THIS is apparently coming! Of course it doesn't come with batteries (40 bux), cables (26 bux), camera ( free from club member but 125 bux otherwise). Grrrrr! Glad I'm getting it but there is NO universality from the FPV community so a joy figgering out cables, power etc!

I hope all is well in YOUR worlds!!

b

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.