Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
Reload this Page >

HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part IV

Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part IV

Old 01-05-2014, 06:57 AM
Rob2160

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ingleburn
She lives again Still a bit wonky as I only replaced 2 props. But for a first flight after repairs it did ok.

For all you out there with a Mobius cam the new FW is amazing. The way it should have been from the beginning.

Only problem is its affecting the GPS more than it used to so time to make myself a shield.

Its a bit quiet in here so I gather everyone had a big New Years celebration.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mENIQ_bNHtQ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQYN6s5h-Mc
Enjoyed the vids, (sorry about the crash and glad its all back together) thanks for the shout out..

Just tried "Slugga Copper Barrier tape" from the local Gardening Store on the GoPro - it works a treat - no interference at all to the GPS now.
Old 01-05-2014, 12:52 PM
ingleburn

Originally Posted by Rob2160
Enjoyed the vids, (sorry about the crash and glad its all back together) thanks for the shout out..

Just tried "Slugga Copper Barrier tape" from the local Gardening Store on the GoPro - it works a treat - no interference at all to the GPS now.
Glad it worked Rob. The Mobius holder wont allow any thickness to be added to it so I might have to make a cover that Velcros over the top and line that with tape.
Looking at your last video on YT your next project might have to be a BL gimbal to smooth out the video. Something like this. http://www.goodluckbuy.com/dji-phant...otography.html
Old 01-05-2014, 02:22 PM
ingleburn

Originally Posted by ahamay
Quadcopter Speed Challenge

OK... just for something different now that a few of the people here have quads I think we need to have a forward flight speed challenge to see who can clock the fastest speed. You'll need to strap a GPS or iphone or something that can log maximum speed and post the results.

Anyone interested ?

Jonesy
Im up for the challenge Jonesy. BTW you already have a GPS on the quad so use logs to find out max speed.
Browse the log and go to GPS. Then graph parameter Spd
Havent really tried to go flat out but Ill put this one up as a starting point. 19.18 m/s = 69.05 km/hr.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	21122013.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	28.0 KB
ID:	1954676  
Old 01-05-2014, 03:17 PM
Rob2160

Glad it worked Rob. The Mobius holder wont allow any thickness to be added to it so I might have to make a cover that Velcros over the top and line that with tape.
Looking at your last video on YT your next project might have to be a BL gimbal to smooth out the video. Something like this. http://www.goodluckbuy.com/dji-phant...otography.html
Yes, I definitely need a gimbal, but the little 350QX is getting heavy already with a GoPro, I think that is a perfect reason to get a 450 size quad... Heading overseas for a few months next week.. so unfortunately that project will have to wait..
Old 01-05-2014, 05:49 PM
rikybob

@ Edmund - Glad your on the mend and sorry to hear you had the "lurgy"!

@ Hugh - WOW what a crash! I hope Bryan recovers! What a LOVELY Cub! Range test yer Rx!

@ Rob - I KNEW you'd like the quad as a platform. The 450 and 550 size are amazing! You can do things with the "tri copter" that mimic the CP with NO real loss of equipement!

@ Ingleburn - I'll refrain from the speed challenge as I know have FAT SHARKS!!! WOOT!

Enjoy my piffle!

Happy new year to all!

b

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zwfQr3euP4 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0HzFAgkWDw About 3 minutes in I actually fly w/ the goggles.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XXEGuyUd60
Old 01-05-2014, 06:55 PM
hugj
My Feedback: (7)

Nope no range test need some better weather! here is a quick video of the finished product
hugh
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofHvPNY4T80
Old 01-06-2014, 02:38 AM
ahamay

Sure.. I'll give that a try.. Did I tell you I have Helicopter that does 100 Kph... (sorry - old joke)

For anyone who has not seen it yet.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hx5Es0bnulM
Heheh.... how could we forget that clip.

Glad your up for the speed challenge..... we have bad weather here for the next week so hopefully I can sneak in a run when it's not raining.
Old 01-06-2014, 02:40 AM
ahamay

Im up for the challenge Jonesy. BTW you already have a GPS on the quad so use logs to find out max speed.
Havent really tried to go flat out but Ill put this one up as a starting point. 19.18 m/s = 69.05 km/hr.
Cool...should be interesting. Yeah the logs will be helpful without adding extra weight to slow it down.
Old 01-06-2014, 02:47 AM
ahamay

Yes, I definitely need a gimbal, but the little 350QX is getting heavy already with a GoPro, I think that is a perfect reason to get a 450 size quad... Heading overseas for a few months next week.. so unfortunately that project will have to wait..
Regarding gimbal's and weight.... my rig was borderline too heavy for my setup with the gimbal. It might be better with a larger mah battery and some bigger props for more thrust. It takes a lot more thrust to pull it out of a descent with the extra weight of the mobius and the gimbal.
Old 01-06-2014, 03:04 AM
ingleburn

Regarding gimbal's and weight.... my rig was borderline too heavy for my setup with the gimbal. It might be better with a larger mah battery and some bigger props for more thrust. It takes a lot more thrust to pull it out of a descent with the extra weight of the mobius and the gimbal.
The problem with larger props is more load on the motors. Maybe lower KV motors and bigger props and 4s batteries. Im starting to think about using the 450 with the KK and starting a new setup for FPV.
Then I can use the 450 for acro and the new one for shooting video.
Old 01-06-2014, 04:11 PM
rikybob

@ Hugh - WOW that thing is a beauty to behold!!!

@ All - After the successful maiden of my Fat Shark FPV goggles noted above I performed "surgery" on the T-28 to remove a "malignant" front retractable landing gear box.

You'll be happy to know it was a success! The Wx will be adverse the next few days and we will enjoy VERY cold temps so I will hit the EPO foam with a little wifey blow drier to stretch it out a bit more AND rebuild the retract box with the corresponding retractable gear. The damage, even though a wing was literally RIPPED off was relatively minor when all is said and done!

I wish all y'll the best!

b

Name:	IMG_20140106_182514_087.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	1.92 MB
ID:	1955028  
Old 01-06-2014, 11:36 PM
ingleburn

Ok went out today for another speed run. Had it flat out so dont think I can get any faster. 21.24 m/s = 76.46 km/hr

Name:	76.46.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	25.6 KB
ID:	1955126  
Old 01-07-2014, 03:19 AM
ahamay

Ok went out today for another speed run. Had it flat out so dont think I can get any faster. 21.24 m/s = 76.46 km/hr
Nice, that's a good number. That's definitely moving. I just loaded up the last few flights I had on mine just for interest to see what it logged as I won't be doing a run in the next few days due to weather. Mine got 14.2 which is 50km/h, just flying around so it will be interesting doing a proper speed run.

I would love to know how fast the AXN goes flat out as well. I'll have to find a way to test that.
Old 01-07-2014, 03:53 AM
ingleburn

Nice, that's a good number. That's definitely moving. I just loaded up the last few flights I had on mine just for interest to see what it logged as I won't be doing a run in the next few days due to weather. Mine got 14.2 which is 50km/h, just flying around so it will be interesting doing a proper speed run.

I would love to know how fast the AXN goes flat out as well. I'll have to find a way to test that.
Try here Jonesy. Might be something you can use.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1322721
Old 01-07-2014, 06:31 PM
rikybob

Bench tested the Durafly T-28 today and it works a treat! I'll range test the Rx once again to make sure all is well!

Can't hardly tell it's been wrecked!!

b

Name:	IMG_20140107_210955_644 (3).jpg
Views:	108
Size:	1.83 MB
ID:	1955307  
Old 01-07-2014, 08:52 PM
fleetz

http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...utm_source=EDM

this is nuts for the price, watch their video.....hey Rob is this what you have installed on your 747? (-:
Old 01-07-2014, 10:12 PM
ingleburn

Originally Posted by fleetz

this is nuts for the price, watch their video.....hey Rob is this what you have installed on your 747? (-:

Yeah I saw that yesterday. Pretty cool but Brian is wondering why everyone is trying to get him to buy one

@ Brian. I cant believe your going to let Eric remaiden that plank. Grow some balls man and have a crack yourself.
The poor guy probably thinks he will get shot if he crashes it again.
Old 01-08-2014, 02:59 AM
Rob2160

Heheh.... how could we forget that clip.

Glad your up for the speed challenge..... we have bad weather here for the next week so hopefully I can sneak in a run when it's not raining.
I'll try to get mine done this weekend also, going to attach the Bad Elf Gps which will record maximum speed. I was doing some tests today of flying technique for speed and the best way I could find was a forward angled full power allowing it to climb slightly so all props are in clean air..
Old 01-08-2014, 03:00 AM
Rob2160

Originally Posted by rikybob
Bench tested the Durafly T-28 today and it works a treat! I'll range test the Rx once again to make sure all is well!

Can't hardly tell it's been wrecked!!

b

Good job on the rebuild, I'm gonna watch you fly that baby in a few weeks!.
Old 01-08-2014, 03:02 AM
Rob2160

Originally Posted by fleetz

That looks like a great piece of gear, would be fun to see it in action.
Old 01-08-2014, 05:08 AM
rikybob

Yeah I saw that yesterday. Pretty cool but Brian is wondering why everyone is trying to get him to buy one

@ Brian. I cant believe your going to let Eric remaiden that plank. Grow some balls man and have a crack yourself.
The poor guy probably thinks he will get shot if he crashes it again.
Hehe. Yah, I need to put some more stick time on the SIM and get used to aileron turns and take that beeaaacchhh for an early morning fly! To be honest, Eric is skeeved out ATM and doesn't seem to want to crash it again!

I rekon it's TIME!

b
Old 01-08-2014, 04:53 PM
rikybob

Had a nice PM today after work. It's no balsa project but it IS cool!

Got a little FPV in (I mean a LITTLE) too!

Clear skies!

b

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChsWgdKoscM&feature=youtu.be

Name:	IMG_20140108_193407_274.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	1.65 MB
ID:	1955520  
Old 01-09-2014, 10:22 AM
mnemennth

Hugh -

Very nice work on the new Cub; it's just gorgeous! Your pilot, if I recall correctly, is a Fraggle McDonald's toy based on Jim Henson's last project, Fraggle Rock. I personally like the Cub under your bench a bit more, but that's mostly because it's in traditional "National Schoolbus Chrome" yellow, and my old eyes can really pick that out a lot better than the blue & white.

b -

You can be proud of me; I De-Christmas-ed the *mumbleoutsideofthemumble* house yesterday morning; before I even had my morning half-cup of coffee! Everything all packed away; and that Christmas Train is a total PITA to fit back in the box.

I'm vacillating over whether to keep it or GoodWill it; one segment of the lights on the locomotive has died. I LOATHE troubleshooting Christmas lights; but I'm really fond of the train due to "mom memories". I suppose I can turn the train around next year and put the side with the dead lights facing away from the street...

The job search continues; my new MB came last night so right now it's doing burn-in testing. If it passes, maybe I can resurrect my PC and have all my STUFF back.

ingleburn - Thanks for the heads-up on the mobius FW; I need to check it out. Those of you who like to use your Mobius in a lot of different craft should scope this out:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=1673

I bought some from him; his prices are crazy cheap. While they're not pretty, these mounts hold the Mobius VERY well, and unlike the one that comes with the Mobius, it doesn't have that "non-stick rubberized coating" that servo tape just laughs at. It's got a nice, broad flat plane of ABS plastic on the bottom, so it sticks VERY WELL to both Velcro AND Servo tape. If you tinker with 3D printing, his design is up at Thingiverse for free; link is in that page.

This little guy goes 80MPH!!! (In my trunk on the way to the club... ) But seriously; before I moved, we clocked it with my little HotWheels radar gun at 41 mph; that's 2624 scale MPH! Well, I dunno what scale my Weenie Greenie SHOULD be... I think Hot Wheels are like 1/64th or some such.

Aside from that...

Monkey Balls!

mnem
This is where I usually put some pithy remark.

Name:	DSC08145.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	65.7 KB
ID:	1955684  
Old 01-09-2014, 02:14 PM
rikybob

Originally Posted by mnemennth
Hugh -

Very nice work on the new Cub; it's just gorgeous! Your pilot, if I recall correctly, is a Fraggle McDonald's toy based on Jim Henson's last project, Fraggle Rock. I personally like the Cub under your bench a bit more, but that's mostly because it's in traditional "National Schoolbus Chrome" yellow, and my old eyes can really pick that out a lot better than the blue & white.

b -

You can be proud of me; I De-Christmas-ed the *mumbleoutsideofthemumble* house yesterday morning; before I even had my morning half-cup of coffee! Everything all packed away; and that Christmas Train is a total PITA to fit back in the box.

I'm vacillating over whether to keep it or GoodWill it; one segment of the lights on the locomotive has died. I LOATHE troubleshooting Christmas lights; but I'm really fond of the train due to "mom memories". I suppose I can turn the train around next year and put the side with the dead lights facing away from the street...

The job search continues; my new MB came last night so right now it's doing burn-in testing. If it passes, maybe I can resurrect my PC and have all my STUFF back.

ingleburn - Thanks for the heads-up on the mobius FW; I need to check it out. Those of you who like to use your Mobius in a lot of different craft should scope this out:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=1673

I bought some from him; his prices are crazy cheap. While they're not pretty, these mounts hold the Mobius VERY well, and unlike the one that comes with the Mobius, it doesn't have that "non-stick rubberized coating" that servo tape just laughs at. It's got a nice, broad flat plane of ABS plastic on the bottom, so it sticks VERY WELL to both Velcro AND Servo tape. If you tinker with 3D printing, his design is up at Thingiverse for free; link is in that page.

This little guy goes 80MPH!!! (In my trunk on the way to the club... ) But seriously; before I moved, we clocked it with my little HotWheels radar gun at 41 mph; that's 2624 scale MPH! Well, I dunno what scale my Weenie Greenie SHOULD be... I think Hot Wheels are like 1/64th or some such.

Aside from that...

Monkey Balls!

mnem
This is where I usually put some pithy remark.
Happy New Year maniac!

Glad you got your stuff put back up! I think I would put my "good side" forward on the train for next year!.

That Mobius clip looks cool! The more interesting thing is that these 3D printers are coming around aren't they?

I wonder when we are going to get a good consumer grade one that builds crap that I can actually use at a low price!

I suspect it won't be long?

I hope the new year finds you a job and that all is well!

b
Old 01-12-2014, 04:09 PM
rikybob

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DkvwTUKUxA

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.