Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
Reload this Page >

HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part IV

Community
Search
Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part IV

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2014, 09:57 PM
Rob2160

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ingleburn
Thats really strange that happened Rob. I use 1.6++ and have never had it do that. Maybe try that version and see how you go.
Oh better check what KK you have. I have the 2.0 not the newer one. If you have the newer one then I dont know if they have done a custom FW for it yet or not.

Ok just saw this. Might be helpful http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...ostcount=25010
Yes I have one of the newer ones, not the 2.0.

There are numerous posts about it causing uncontrolled flips..

This was my favourite.. http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/f...4a7df33#269733

(Version 1.6 ex factory is flip over firmware.. LOL)

yep, it sure is. I was just testing mine again with 12x3.8 props and it flew great for 8 minutes. Nice and stable and quiet. Then it flipped again. Even in normal mode. Broke two props. Won't fly it again until I can upgrade the firmware.

Last edited by Rob2160; 05-10-2014 at 10:06 PM.
Old 05-11-2014, 05:26 PM
rikybob

THIS and THIS is interesting!

b
Old 05-11-2014, 08:25 PM
mnemennth

Originally Posted by rikybob

b
Heh -

They're the same unit; it comes in like a dozen colors, buddy. And guess what I have on my bench for review RIGHT NOW?

Short version... it comes with like 10 mounts, all of which are such close clones they plug right into the GoBLEEP! receivers and the receivers fit the other way too (I tried them at Wally-World), plus it has a built-in High-res (I'm guessing 320x 480 or maybe 640x480; it's pretty sharp for a 1.5" screen) display. Admittedly, only 1.5", but hey... better than the Hero 2 Silver or the Hero 3 White, which is what it is closest to in terms of performance (But at half the price); and it makes normal menus possible.

Dimensions are the same as the Hero2/3, only about 4mm deeper due to the display, plus the lens portal is a few mm too small for the GoBLEEP! lens and shroud to fit in, so no using the waterproof box itself on the GoBLEEP! without serious mods. However for the price... one can buy it for the mounts and be getting the camera for free as opposed to buying genuine GoBLEEP! parts; they appear to be of of very good quality, heavy ABS and in some cases polycarbonate.

The only real drawback I've seen so far is that the lens on the box is optical grade plastic instead of mineral glass like the GoBLEEP! box. The lens on the camera itself is glass, and side-by-side video comparisons I've viewed indicate almost identical FOV/Clarity to the Hero2 Silver, with a few more transition artifacts and a bit of color over-saturation like the Mobius, although nowhere near as bad as it is even with my current firmware, which is probably about 4-6 months old.

I'm waiting for new Micro SD cards to arrive from NewEgg; (They are still DA BOMB; I ordered a 32GB Class 10, a 16GB Class 10, and a 16GB Class 6 for $31 shipped) it doesn't like any of my manky old class 2 & class 4 cards. When they get here, I hope to do some side-by-side comparisons with the Mobius.

Cheers!

mnem
*Spread too thin*
Old 05-11-2014, 09:02 PM
ahamay

Originally Posted by mnemennth
Heh -

They're the same unit; it comes in like a dozen colors, buddy. And guess what I have on my bench for review RIGHT NOW?

Short version... it comes with like 10 mounts, all of which are such close clones they plug right into the GoBLEEP! receivers and the receivers fit the other way too (I tried them at Wally-World), plus it has a built-in High-res (I'm guessing 320x 480 or maybe 640x480; it's pretty sharp for a 1.5" screen) display. Admittedly, only 1.5", but hey... better than the Hero 2 Silver or the Hero 3 White, which is what it is closest to in terms of performance (But at half the price); and it makes normal menus possible.

Dimensions are the same as the Hero2/3, only about 4mm deeper due to the display, plus the lens portal is a few mm too small for the GoBLEEP! lens and shroud to fit in, so no using the waterproof box itself on the GoBLEEP! without serious mods. However for the price... one can buy it for the mounts and be getting the camera for free as opposed to buying genuine GoBLEEP! parts; they appear to be of of very good quality, heavy ABS and in some cases polycarbonate.

The only real drawback I've seen so far is that the lens on the box is optical grade plastic instead of mineral glass like the GoBLEEP! box. The lens on the camera itself is glass, and side-by-side video comparisons I've viewed indicate almost identical FOV/Clarity to the Hero2 Silver, with a few more transition artifacts and a bit of color over-saturation like the Mobius, although nowhere near as bad as it is even with my current firmware, which is probably about 4-6 months old.

I'm waiting for new Micro SD cards to arrive from NewEgg; (They are still DA BOMB; I ordered a 32GB Class 10, a 16GB Class 10, and a 16GB Class 6 for $31 shipped) it doesn't like any of my manky old class 2 & class 4 cards. When they get here, I hope to do some side-by-side comparisons with the Mobius.

Cheers!

mnem
*Spread too thin*
Be interesting to see how these go in low light, and how fast they can adjust from light to dark. These are usually the things that have to be done well for them to be any good.
Old 05-11-2014, 10:41 PM
ingleburn

b
Im taking a good look at this http://www.rctimer.com/index.php?gOo...0&productname=
Old 05-12-2014, 02:40 AM
ahamay

I think Rob should buy one of these and give us all the heads up if it's any good :P

http://www.birdseyeview.aero/
Old 05-12-2014, 11:03 AM
rikybob

@ Mnem - Cool! Yah, I noticed no FPV with this version prolly just a firmware issue! Did I tell you I got the card but with the new "baby" it will be a while until I get my poop in a pile to test. I'm prioritizing my flight time!

@ Jonesy - How 'bout you fly something?

@ Ingleburn - I saw that later and it's a knock off of the knock offs! AWESOME specs with the ability to FPV!

@ All you Mo Fo's! - Was able to get out and fly a few hours this AM! The Fox Glider is nothing shy of awesome! While the other club members were putting their gear out Eric's Radian Pro (new) and my glider, much like the larger helicopter BEAT the air into submission. Enjoy the view of our club from the air in the below!

b

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zw6nvj1pnrs https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azAZd4R0zSQ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ClcSHQdV7s

Last edited by rikybob; 05-12-2014 at 11:23 AM.
Old 05-12-2014, 03:04 PM
ahamay

@ Jonesy - How 'bout you fly something?

[/video]
Looks like I might have to buy a kite at this rate.

Old 05-12-2014, 03:50 PM
rikybob

Originally Posted by ahamay
Looks like I might have to buy a kite at this rate.

Get one of THESE and you can fly and fly in the high winds!

b

PS If you sit on the HK page while NOT signed in it's 149.04!
Old 05-12-2014, 03:59 PM
ahamay

Get one of THESE and you can fly and fly in the high winds!
b
PS If you sit on the HK page while NOT signed in it's 149.04!
I've got the AXN, it can actually handle a lot of wind but you need to give it heaps of throttle to keep it under control. It's just wants to relax and float.

Wind aside.... i'm tossing up getting a warbird thats more aerobatic than the axn, or i think i might have a go at a flying wing like this:

Old 05-12-2014, 04:16 PM
rikybob

Originally Posted by ahamay
I've got the AXN, it can actually handle a lot of wind but you need to give it heaps of throttle to keep it under control. It's just wants to relax and float.

Wind aside.... i'm tossing up getting a warbird thats more aerobatic than the axn, or i think i might have a go at a flying wing like this:

I've passed the wind.

Every pilot at the club has one of THESE!

EDIT: Re read your post. The Fox Glider, a true glider is the exact opposite. It doesn't require throttle in the heavy wind. It EATS wind.

b

Last edited by rikybob; 05-12-2014 at 04:35 PM.
Old 05-13-2014, 05:00 PM
rikybob

I shouldn't be allowed to fly.....

Just ordered THIS ===> http://www.ebay.com/itm/FAST-FOOD-SE...item2337859730 to put atop THIS ===>http://www.fovitec.com/p-21967-86-ai...ght-stand.aspx

You end up making a "sun dot tripod" to block sun when it's low.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNuvwI-sIBM https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3TXAV-WexU

Last edited by rikybob; 05-13-2014 at 05:22 PM.
Old 05-14-2014, 12:17 PM
mnemennth

b -

I think they made this JUST for YOU, buddy:

HK Big Effing Glider 2.6M

I don't see any evidence of an AV port in the SJ4000; prolly have to use one of these to get live video out. But using your recording camera for FPV is like... way bass-ackwards. Especially if you're using a gimbal. OTOH... you can get 720*576 resolution if you use PAL...

Jonesy -

Everybody in my old club flies the PopWings when it's windy; that's why I made mine.

mnem
*zipp-TAnng!*
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	35749s1(1).jpg
Views:	146
Size:	24.0 KB
ID:	1995309  
Old 05-14-2014, 12:27 PM
rikybob

b -

I think they made this JUST for YOU, buddy:

HK Big Effing Glider 2.6M

I don't see any evidence of an AV port in the SJ4000; prolly have to use one of these to get live video out. But using your recording camera for FPV is like... way bass-ackwards. Especially if you're using a gimbal. OTOH... you can get 720*576 resolution if you use PAL...

Jonesy -

Everybody in my old club flies the PopWings when it's windy; that's why I made mine.

mnem
*zipp-TAnng!*
I saw that joker this AM really like it!

No spares HK? Shame on you!

My 2.3 M Fox has them at "another" company here in the US!

I'm just happy to see these "Hero Killers" come out!

My whole mission is to mitigate a "fly away" or DRILLING that crap into the ground and losing BIG bucks!

Himmm? What's a PoPWing? Lookin'.....

b

EDIT: Hmmmm? Gotcha.....I need to sell some sh1t I don't use.....

Last edited by rikybob; 05-14-2014 at 12:33 PM.
Old 05-14-2014, 07:38 PM
mnemennth

b -

Sorry; didn't mean to mislead you. I was using "PopWing" as a generic term; they fly the PopWing in both 600mm and 900mm variants, as well as the Teksumo (900mm) and Bonsai (600mm) from HK. I like the 900mm better in both brands because it's easier to see, and you can put a small battery and big Slo-Fly prop on 'em and float 'em just like you saw me flying my folded foam KFm2 Delta. But if you put a big battery and a hot motor & smaller, steeper pitch prop on 'em, they just EAT the wind; half throttle launch, punch it and pure vertical like a bat outta hell.

If you've never owned an EPP (Expanded PolyPropylene) plane before it's gonna weird you out; the stuff is more like foam rubber than styrofoam. It looks like they gutted a school of swimming pool noodles and turned 'em into an airplane; they're made of the same stuff.

IF... and I say IF... you want to support a local, made in the USA producer, there's TuffWing out of Boerne TX. Brian's wings are a bit more hassle to assemble because they're built like a brick sh**house, and they cost a bit more because of it, but I flew my buddy Mason's TuffWing and drilled it into the ground after a delicious (and actually half-intentional) Immelman and it just STOPPED, then toppled over. I thought I'd killed it, but it was just the battery unplugged itself; Mason scoped it out, plugged the battery back in and literally THREW it back into the air so I could finish the pack.

He also has one with a 90mm EDF on it; it's so ungodly fast you can't even see it unless it's flying more than 50 yards from you.

They're pretty much the definition of Fast & Furious; at least until you get into big jets.

Under any circumstances, and no matter how you like to fly, they come HIGHLY recommended; at least from this old stick-banger.

mnem
*Evil for extra credit*

Last edited by mnemennth; 05-14-2014 at 07:51 PM.
Old 05-14-2014, 07:40 PM
mnemennth

Default ANNOUNCEMENT: SJ4000 Tech Review Video is up!

My Tech Review Video of the SJ4000 GoPro Clone Action Camera is up on YoubTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0naqkArxUcE
It's a LONG one... but there's a lot to cover. Full HD available if you click "Watch on YouTube" in embedded player.

Here's the Review Notes:

Notice: Camera graciously provided by TMart.com for review. See it here: http://tinyurl.com/SJ4000-at-TMart

Features:

1080P HD @ 30FPS 720P @ 60FPS W/Frame Doubling FOV 170 Degrees, same in both Resolutions

Lens in Case is REPLACEABLE Optical Quality Polycarbonate, NOT Glass; 1.5mm Thick x 34mm Dia for those who wish to see if GoPro Hero 2 case lens will fit

Camera Lens is good quality glass Fisheye type, metal shell w/12mm thread; Alternate lenses for GoPro like the Sunex DSL377 140 Degree Lens should fit

LCD is 1.5" High Res 480 x 320 or 640 x 480; Very bright and clear

Built-in Speaker for reviewing videos anytime

Full-Feature Car Cam Mode

Flip Video

Video Mode, Still Camera Mode, Menu Mode, selected from front Mode/PWR button

Manual - 12 Pages repeated in multiple languages; lots of pix, but not a lot of detailed instructions

Various mounts and angle adapters; all compatible with GoPro Waterproof Case at Pivot Bolt. SJ4000 clips will snap into GoPro bases, but GoPro clips will not snap into SJ4000 Bases. See John Childs and Techmoan's Videos on Youtube for additional review material.

Specifications:

Camera Weight: 59.2 gr W/ Battery

Camera Dimensions: 59.5mm W x 41.3mm H x 24.8mm D

Waterproof Enclosure Weight: 74.89 gr

Combined : 134.10 gr

With Clip & Screw: 153.12 gr

Battery 900mah; +/- 100 min Rec time per charge

H264 MOV format: 1080P/30 = 15.3Mbits/Sec 720P/60 = 13.6Mbits/Sec : 35 min = 4.3 GB

Menu:

8 Pages, only 1 level deep, 4 items or less per page. Scroll up/down 1 item at a time w/side buttons

Highlights:

HDR (High Dynamic Range) Improves Color Saturation/Contrast in some situations

Car Mode With License # Stamp Available

Date/Time Stamp Available

Cyclic Record in 3, 5, 10 min chunks

Motion Detection

Pros :

Built-in high resolution display allows proper framing of subjects + More civilized menu = Much easier to use

High quality glass lens on Camera

Aptina AR0330 Full HD Sensor

Price to Video Quality Ratio VERY good; Excellent video, good color

Price to VALUE Ratio Also Very good; lots and lots of mounts make it almost like buying a Go-Pro Mount assortment and getting SJ4000 for Free

Serious Contender to GoPro Hero 2 HD/Hero 3 White at approx 1/2 the current price

Mini HDMI out makes video playback on big screen easy

Full-Feature Car DashCam Mode with excellent video results

All mounts work with GoPro Waterproof Camera Shell at Point where it bolts on

SJ4000 Clips will work with GoPro baseplates

Cons:

Looks like expensive GoPro, target for theft

Case Lens NOT Glass, but is Optical Quality Polycarbonate and is replaceable

Exposure seems slightly dark, but adjustable

720P @ 60FPS W/Frame Doubling not true 60FPS: this is limitation of NTK96650+ Chipset, hopefully they will make 720P @ 30FPS selection available in future Firmware to reduce wasted storage

Included USB Wall Charger EURO ONLY; needs 1A rated or better to charge properly. Takes forever plugged into PC USB (500ma limit). Does charge just fine in approx 2.5 hours from iPwn USB Wall Charger

Small 1.5" screen, but easier on battery than larger screen

NO VIDEO OUT WHILE RECORDING; possible fix in future FW

No Composite Video Out jack, makes adapter necessary if future FW fixes "No Video Out while Recording"

Has Speaker, but not very loud.

GoPro clips will not fit in SJ4000 baseplates

Enjoy... and uhhh... please ignore all the "uuuh..."s in there.

mnem
*Not nearly rehearsed ENOUGH*

Last edited by mnemennth; 05-16-2014 at 08:30 PM.
Old 05-17-2014, 06:30 AM
rikybob

Damn you Jonesy, damn you to HELL!

Jonesy and I will be doing an across the water build again!

(Noel, yer next)

Too busy to fly as of late so....

I got THIS and already had THIS, THIS and THIS!

I even had THIS laying around for windy days!

I

Name:	TEKSUMO.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	43.5 KB
ID:	1996004   Click image for larger version

Name:	hkorder.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	43.3 KB
ID:	1996005  

Last edited by rikybob; 05-17-2014 at 09:23 AM.
Old 05-17-2014, 12:05 PM
mnemennth

My Tech Review Video of the SJ4000 GoPro Clone Action Camera is up on YoubTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0naqkArxUcE

It's a LONG one... but there's a lot to cover. Full HD and Review Notes available if you click "Watch on YouTube" in embedded player.

Enjoy... and uhhh... please ignore all the "uuuh..."s in there.

mnem
*Not nearly rehearsed ENOUGH*
Wow guys! 5500 hits on this blog page since last night!

Well, I've finished my Tech Teardown of the SJ4000, and it's up too!

See my SJ4000 get nekkid here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...8#post28399117

It has everything you ever wanted to know about this camera, and probably a few things you didn't!

[EDIT] DANG! 800 views on this Blog in its FIRST HOUR! w00t!!! [/EDIT]

mnem
*~ Skinning Electronics for more than 3 decades! ~*
Old 05-17-2014, 12:12 PM
rikybob

Mnem!

Really enjoyed the viddy review and (shiver), look forward to the tear down!
Old 05-17-2014, 12:38 PM
ingleburn

Damn you Jonesy, damn you to HELL!

Jonesy and I will be doing an across the water build again!

(Noel, yer next)

Too busy to fly as of late so....

I got THIS and already had THIS, THIS and THIS!

I even had THIS laying around for windy days!

I
Hehehe still trying to get me into planks are you.
Still got to much to do on the new quad to even think about it for now.
Remaidened it a couple of days ago and as long as it doesnt fall out of the sky again will start putting the 'FPV gear in it next week.
If Jonesy is getting bored with the AXN heres one that might get his juices flowing. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_C3x...em-uploademail

Another perfect day here today so off to burn some more packs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsOJHlDDau8
Old 05-17-2014, 12:46 PM
rikybob

Ingleburn, glad you get to fly. high pressure here won't allow it. it's entirely too windy!good luck with your flying today and will look for a viddy!!
Old 05-17-2014, 01:48 PM
mnemennth

Weather here is totally pants too... windy pants. I looked outside and saw a break in it... as usual, once I got my gear together, it was back to blowin' like a harmonica concert. ;P

But... my Tech Teardown and Video Review Blogs are at 2500 and 7000 views respectively. w00t!

mnem
*Basking in the underglow*

Name:	Pants.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	159.0 KB
ID:	1996136  
Old 05-18-2014, 02:26 AM
ingleburn

Another day in paradise. Last pack of the day after 5 hours at the field. Looks like the same for tomorrow. Im in heaven

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4roDe4NhPk8 .
Old 05-18-2014, 03:36 AM
rikybob

Another day in paradise. Last pack of the day after 5 hours at the field. Looks like the same for tomorrow. Im in heaven

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4roDe4NhPk8 .

Great flying and blather!

Glad you been getting some SERIOUS "Rob" style sthickt time!

Thanx for the shout out!

b
Old 05-18-2014, 07:16 AM
mnemennth

Another day in paradise. Last pack of the day after 5 hours at the field. Looks like the same for tomorrow. I'm in heaven

[YoubTube Video here].
Bite me, old man!

Goon on ya mate... gittin' some schtick time; I just wish you'd knock it off with all this off-topic HK-450GT related stuff.

I'm still arguing with the cheap motors that came with my FPV Spider; well, actually... the motors are fab, but the cheap-arse bolt-on hubs and especially the nuts/washers/screws that came with them are utter she!te. Oh, and of 8 hubs I've bought, 3 are about 2mm shorter deck height than the others.

I've gotten them mostly sorted with new stainless screws ordered from the intard-net, and a trip to homeowner hell for some metric locknuts. Now I just need to balance the motor bells and I can actually start moving forward with the build.

I received your APM board a few days ago, but I was busy being the "Assigned beast of burden" for my wife's big musical production with her school children; that's all done and all the gear returned, so I've been playing catchup on my "Online Obligations". Now I can actually move on to some "me time".

I've given the board a cursory look-over and no glaringly obvious cause of failure; I'll dig into it further once I'm either paused at a roadblock on my quad or it's done.

Peace and tailwinds,

mnem
A man made it, a man can fix it.

Last edited by mnemennth; 05-18-2014 at 07:29 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.