Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
Reload this Page >

HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part IV

Community
Search
Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part IV

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2014, 01:41 PM
mnemennth

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by [B
ingleburn][/B]

Wow, go away for a week and the forum goes crazy. Didnt get notifications and when I check theres posts galore.

@ Phil. Nice plane mate but Im betting the pic isnt yours. Not on the Maiden anyway Start uploading some videos man. Im getting sick of Brians potty mouth. I resemble that remark!

@ Rob. Yeah I saw your ship on the news last night. Cant remember if I saw any Phantom footage though so maybe it was a maverick showing off. Best you keep that video unlisted. Us quad guys already have a bad enough name. I told him privately to STOP that craziness!

@ Mnen. Hope you got the job. Might keep you off the other forums for a while as I see your on at least one ignore list You really do have a way with words. Ouch, but funny, real funny!

@ Brian. Yeah whatever. We may as well be married we talk that often. I draw the line at showing you my boobs!

Ive been enjoying the ZMR 250 and just started trying the 5x4 props on it. Zippy little thing it is. Got some 6x3,s to try next but Im hanging off as its driving someone wild. If those 6" props work we are in HIGH COTTON! What an EXCELLENT machine for 38bux USD!!!

Ive been working at a local airport for the last few days. Birds eye view of the runway. Lunch time watching all the action is great.
The guy Im working for has promised me a flight on his plane. Looking forward to it. Rob might find it boring as hes used to it but Im like a kid in a lolly shop.

DON'T get too close....the rescue chute will pop out!!!
Originally Posted by rikybob
Pithy comments above in red!

Rain here the coming days!

Should be able to fly Thursday AM!

Champing to get the ZMR250 UP again!!!

b
ingleburn -

Glad to see ya back! Was a'fear'd yer mind wandered and took yer body along for company; happens to me all the time!

Yeah; I figure if I'm not pissing somebody off, I'm doing something wrong. If they want to ignore me, they're welcome to; I'll keep an open mind. I'm man enough to do my own idea-filtering; I'm also man enough to accept the consequences of my actions.

b -

Props & ESCs have arrived; still waiting on some proper motor screws which should arrive any day now, and my PDB. If it takes too much longer, I may have to cut my losses and build without. I'm starting out with the HQ6030s; got 6045s for my step-up.

Haven't had the money for a Naze; so probably gonna give 'er a go with yer old KK2.

Pray for me!

[EDIT]

Motor screws arrived today; guess I should have looked more closely before clicking the buy button: I am now the proud owner of 100 pcs m2.5 x 8mm SS Socket-Head screws...

[/EDIT]

mnem
*Often castigated, never duplicated.*
Old 09-24-2014, 01:48 PM
rikybob

Originally Posted by mnemennth
ingleburn -

Glad to see ya back! Was a'fear'd yer mind wandered and took yer body along for company; happens to me all the time!

Yeah; I figure if I'm not pissing somebody off, I'm doing something wrong. If they want to ignore me, they're welcome to; I'll keep an open mind. I'm man enough to do my own idea-filtering; I'm also man enough to accept the consequences of my actions.

b -

Props & ESCs have arrived; still waiting on some proper motor screws which should arrive any day now, and my PDB. If it takes too much longer, I may have to cut my losses and build without. I'm starting out with the HQ6030s; got 6045s for my step-up.

Haven't had the money for a Naze; so probably gonna give 'er a go with yer old KK2.

Pray for me!

[EDIT]

Motor screws arrived today; guess I should have looked more closely before clicking the buy button: I am now the proud owner of 100 pcs m2.5 x 8mm SS Socket-Head screws...

[/EDIT]

mnem
*Often castigated, never duplicated.*

This pleases me IMMENSELY!

I gotta see you fly something besides a micro mini!!!

The KK2 is an AWESOME beginner board!!!

Please put it on viddy!

"Warts and all"!

b
Old 09-24-2014, 08:18 PM
mnemennth

This pleases me IMMENSELY!

I gotta see you fly something besides a micro mini!!!

The KK2 is an AWESOME beginner board!!!

Please put it on viddy!

"Warts and all"!

b
LOL... you know this thing isn't THAT much bigger than a Nano QX...

And I've been really progressing on the RGB backlight projects. I am in Rev 3 on the Pro Backlight; PCBs are designed, sent off, and at the Fab. I expect them back in a week or so. We'll see if I was any good teaching myself to use Eagle.

Also, I'm at Rev 0.1 on my Taranis RGB BL:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9M9Fn3ZvBXs Beginning discussion here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=3795

So I'm not exactly NOT DOING ANYTHING... the BL Mods are going so well; I'm on a roll and I hate to break it.

mnem
My Juice is not NEAR Crunk enough.

Last edited by mnemennth; 09-24-2014 at 08:29 PM.
Old 09-25-2014, 02:59 AM
rikybob

LOL... you know this thing isn't THAT much bigger than a Nano QX...

And I've been really progressing on the RGB backlight projects. I am in Rev 3 on the Pro Backlight; PCBs are designed, sent off, and at the Fab. I expect them back in a week or so. We'll see if I was any good teaching myself to use Eagle.

Also, I'm at Rev 0.1 on my Taranis RGB BL:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9M9Fn3ZvBXs Beginning discussion here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=3795

So I'm not exactly NOT DOING ANYTHING... the BL Mods are going so well; I'm on a roll and I hate to break it.

mnem
My Juice is not NEAR Crunk enough.

They behave completely differently having flown BOTH!

It should give you great solace that if you get the right settings on the resurrected KK2 that that JOKER WILL fly like it's on rails. WAAAY more solid due to mass.

I am SOOOOOOOOO looking forward to you applying your GREAT knowledge base to SUCCESS!!!

Kirk out!
Old 09-25-2014, 06:19 AM
mnemennth

Understood... I'm hoping for good results from the Steveis firmware; I need that to be able to turn the KK2 sideways for this teeny frame. We'll see if it's big enough, and brightly lit enough, that I'm not losing it as easily as I lose my QX.

mnem
What was that? Move closer so I can see you... Noisy young punks anyhow...
Old 09-25-2014, 10:01 PM
Rob2160

Price point

Reliability

Capability

Being able to own a 1K radio for 185 bux is amazing!

VERY reliable. NO brown outs

Capability...mapping any switch, just amazing. Snapping in a module for my UMX stuff or UHF....Good God!

I LOVE this radio and you were THERE upon my purchase! Priceless!

b

PS It WAS your quad wasn't it?
LOL..

Yes capability is a huge bonus, I love it.. Every time I fly I think of another option.

Today was flying with the new Tarot gimbal and forgot to centre it after doing some filming with it facing directly down. A quick adjustment and it now gives 10 second warnings any time the camera is not in the neutral (level) position.

Just awesome.

Nice colours on the LCD display Mnemennth.

Last edited by Rob2160; 09-25-2014 at 10:04 PM.
Old 09-26-2014, 02:31 AM
rikybob

Originally Posted by Rob2160
LOL..

Yes capability is a huge bonus, I love it.. Every time I fly I think of another option.

Today was flying with the new Tarot gimbal and forgot to centre it after doing some filming with it facing directly down. A quick adjustment and it now gives 10 second warnings any time the camera is not in the neutral (level) position.

Just awesome.

Nice colours on the LCD display Mnemennth.

I'm not technically oriented with capabilities so's I rides on the backs of others....

I spend/spent a lot of time on the Taranis threads and if they do something I like I implement it into my Tx.

Something simple but VERY important is Throttle Hold on ALL my models!

On the APM Quad many many more coplex functions....
Old 09-26-2014, 04:36 AM
Rob2160

I'm not technically oriented with capabilities so's I rides on the backs of others....

I spend/spent a lot of time on the Taranis threads and if they do something I like I implement it into my Tx.

Something simple but VERY important is Throttle Hold on ALL my models!

On the APM Quad many many more coplex functions....
I agree, the best part of the internet, youtube & these forums is the sharing of knowledge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cYnq6gCa7o

Last edited by Rob2160; 09-26-2014 at 04:38 AM.
Old 09-26-2014, 06:32 AM
rikybob

I agree, the best part of the internet, youtube & these forums is the sharing of knowledge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cYnq6gCa7o

Crappy posh git radio.

I can't even see the screen!

b
Old 09-26-2014, 05:34 PM
Rob2160

Crappy posh git radio.

I can't even see the screen!

b
Every time wifey walks past my office now she says "Welcome to Free Sky Taranis"
Old 09-26-2014, 05:43 PM
rikybob

Every time wifey walks past my office now she says "Welcome to Free Sky Taranis"
Wait til you put the "Amber' voice pack on! Jealousy will raise its ugly head!

B
Old 09-26-2014, 08:59 PM
ingleburn

ingleburn -

b -

Haven't had the money for a Naze; so probably gonna give 'er a go with yer old KK2. thing Do yourself a favour and try a naze32. If your spider quad is playing up using the KK then maybe its the board. Mine has worked on stock settings with the frames Ive tried it on. Maybe its past its use by date. Just found out the PDB,s have shipped so mine will be getting a rebuild in the near future.
LOL..

Just awesome.
Glad your liking the Taranis Rob. I kind of knew you would. Thanks for the heads up on the Tarot gimbal as well. Makes the decision to get a Mobius one easier.
Wait til you put the "Amber' voice pack on! Jealousy will raise its ugly head!

B Ah Amber. The guy who put that sound pack out deserves a medal
Got to try a new area out this morning. Plenty of trees but not to close together. Had a few OMG moments but it teaches you to react and use throttle to control your height. 7 packs without a crash. I mustn't be trying hard enough

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bhl7cGLojIo
Old 09-27-2014, 03:59 AM
rikybob

Funny lil back story about Rob and the Taranis.

We went to the hobby shop together back in January (both families) and both our wives were polite but would have rather been anywhere else in the world.

I found my Taranis and tried to get Rob to spring for his in that switching to Mode 1 is a snap.

He was all but convinced but one problem existed.

Outlet stores!

Miss Vika had RACKED up the goodies!

Here in the US and in Orlando last years fashions at HIGH end stores are sold for fraction of the price!

It would have cost Rob as much to pay for extra plane baggage as it would in shipping to AU!

b

PS Rob HERE is the linky for really nice voices!

Last edited by rikybob; 09-27-2014 at 04:05 AM.
Old 09-27-2014, 05:44 AM
Rob2160

Originally Posted by ingleburn
Got to try a new area out this morning. Plenty of trees but not to close together. Had a few OMG moments but it teaches you to react and use throttle to control your height. 7 packs without a crash. I mustn't be trying hard enough

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bhl7cGLojIo
That's really cool flying Ingleburn, I know roughly where you are by the railway line and white warehouses. Brian keeps pushin' for me to try FPV.. and I really should.. I seem to be constantly 12 months behind you all here now.

Spent the day driving around the northern beaches looking for a scenic spot to try the new gimbal, found plenty and the weather was perfect, but being Saturday with lots of people around, common sense said "don't do it" .
Old 09-27-2014, 05:57 AM
Rob2160

Funny lil back story about Rob and the Taranis.

We went to the hobby shop together back in January (both families) and both our wives were polite but would have rather been anywhere else in the world.

I found my Taranis and tried to get Rob to spring for his in that switching to Mode 1 is a snap.

He was all but convinced but one problem existed.

Outlet stores!

Miss Vika had RACKED up the goodies!

Here in the US and in Orlando last years fashions at HIGH end stores are sold for fraction of the price!

It would have cost Rob as much to pay for extra plane baggage as it would in shipping to AU!

b

PS Rob HERE is the linky for really nice voices!
LOL I remember that day like it was yesterday. Enjoyed Graves, Florida and your company very much, The Gals did well to even tolerate a visit to the flying field after lunch and the Hobby Shop.

Thanks for the link. I just downloaded it and there are plenty of great new sounds.
Old 09-28-2014, 12:13 PM
mnemennth

LOL I remember that day like it was yesterday. Enjoyed Graves, Florida and your company very much, The Gals did well to even tolerate a visit to the flying field after lunch and the Hobby Shop.

Thanks for the link. I just downloaded it and there are plenty of great new sounds.
Yeah... so far my favs are notsuk, gglno/gglyes, wellsht and of course yreffd.

I'm about halfway through documenting my "Taranis TOO EASY™ RGB Backlight Mod, Rev 1"; it's REALLY coming together nicely.

b -

You'll like this one; no need to disassemble the existing backlight ( which requires some fair soldering skill to take apart without damaging the MB ), the new one works independently of it and comes with a 44-button remote. AU$ around 20.00, a little more for optional bits.

I'll post back here when its done!

mnem
*LIT*

Last edited by mnemennth; 09-28-2014 at 01:46 PM.
Old 09-28-2014, 09:26 PM
mnemennth

Default Taranis TOO EASY™ RGB Backlight Mod

*YAWNNNNN*

New Mod on my Blog...

Taranis TOO EASY™ RGB Backlight Mod

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2255207

Enjoy!

And please forgive any Typos... I'm gonna proofread again tomorrow when I can see straight.

mnem
Me a DEAAAAAD Geezel...
Old 09-29-2014, 12:43 AM
ingleburn

*YAWNNNNN*

New Mod on my Blog...

Taranis TOO EASY™ RGB Backlight Mod

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2255207

Enjoy!

And please forgive any Typos... I'm gonna proofread again tomorrow when I can see straight.

mnem
Me a DEAAAAAD Geezel...
I know your excited and Im happy for you but do I really want to see the same post in every thread Im subscribed to. Oh wait its not in the Mobius thread
Im sure the kids in the ZMR thread will be peeing there pants.

Im sure it wouldnt matter what color my screen was, it wouldn't have stopped this. I'm sure you'll find out sooner or later.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9bq27DpAVM
Old 09-29-2014, 02:17 AM
Rob2160

I know your excited and Im happy for you but do I really want to see the same post in every thread Im subscribed to. Oh wait its not in the Mobius thread

Im sure it wouldnt matter what color my screen was, it wouldn't have stopped this. I'm sure you'll find out sooner or later.

"George of the Jungle"

Didn't even see it coming in the vid. Great flying again, I hope not too much damage.?

I was in Hobbyco in the QVB (Queen Victoria Building for Brian) today and saw this for $520, (look familiar?). I don't know how they stay in business.

Cool lights Mnemennth. Read your thread on RCG, nice work.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 1.JPG
Views:	185
Size:	374.3 KB
ID:	2035812   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 2.JPG
Views:	170
Size:	344.7 KB
ID:	2035813  

Last edited by Rob2160; 09-29-2014 at 02:24 AM.
Old 09-29-2014, 04:11 AM
rikybob

"George of the Jungle"

Didn't even see it coming in the vid. Great flying again, I hope not too much damage.?

I was in Hobbyco in the QVB (Queen Victoria Building for Brian) today and saw this for $520, (look familiar?). I don't know how they stay in business.

Cool lights Mnemennth. Read your thread on RCG, nice work.

I'll have you know we COULD have our own QVB, we just don't want to.

Yah, some dude will come along and waste his cash..

b
Old 09-29-2014, 04:20 AM
rikybob

DOH!

Ugly comments on YT!

b
Old 09-29-2014, 05:50 AM
mnemennth

ingleburn -

Sorry for plaguing you with my advert for the Mod; I deliberately kept it short because I knew there would be folks who'd see it more than once. But I frequent several threads, and I don't feel it's unreasonable to share with my friends on each thread.

I'm doing what makes me happy; this is the point of a Hobby. I love to tinker; I don't need to be flying all the time. I am slow building; that's my nature. I try to learn from others rather than make the same mistakes myself, and I pass on what I've learned from them. I'm sorry; I just don't understand why that seems to offend.

I know of folks who have multiple Taranii that use them for Animatronics work; are they somehow defective because they never fly?

I guess you will be happy once I start work again; as you suggest, I probably won't have time for this stuff anymore. Enjoy your mnem-free forums.

Peace; the real world beckons.

mnem out.
Old 09-29-2014, 06:08 AM
Rob2160

I'll have you know we COULD have our own QVB, we just don't want to.

Yah, some dude will come along and waste his cash..

b
Its over rated, other than being an historical building, the shops inside are nothing special. (gals might disagree)

Hobbyco isn't really an RC hobbyshop, (it used to be many years ago) but is now more a toy shop that sells a few basic RC items, e.g., they have a DX6i in stock that is years old as it was DSM2 only.
Old 09-29-2014, 06:43 AM
rikybob

Its over rated, other than being an historical building, the shops inside are nothing special. (gals might disagree)

Hobbyco isn't really an RC hobbyshop, (it used to be many years ago) but is now more a toy shop that sells a few basic RC items, e.g., they have a DX6i in stock that is years old as it was DSM2 only.

Yah, we have a company called "Hobby Lobby".

It has NOTHING to do with R/C at all!

I have scored a few things from it though for "THE" hobby.

Foam board, glue and a few other things........

b

"Home with the lurgy"
Old 09-29-2014, 01:14 PM
ingleburn

Went into my local Hobbyco a while back looking for some props. Nup they dont sell them.
They also had a DX6i in there and yes, it was an old one as well.
As for the QVB I dont know how the shops survive. Most of the traffic is people walking through to the train station.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.