Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
Reload this Page >

HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part IV

Community
Search
Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part IV

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2014, 04:03 AM
rikybob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Filmed yesterday prior to your post Mnem....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JaBxmgClgm8&feature=youtu.be
Old 10-27-2014, 02:57 PM
mnemennth

Originally Posted by rikybob
mnem,

That thing is beautiful!

I can't wait to see it in the air!

I'm NOT niggling here when I as this, have you flown the KK2 board previously?

Amazingly forgiving and with your experience with little quads I see success in your future!

All the best!

b
Actually, yeah; I have a fair bit of experience with the KK2 on my 235mm frames. In fact, that board I was messing with on my Spider FPV was VERY experienced, if you know what I mean... LOL. I think I figured it out; looks like the accel y-axis signal is flaky. It seems to be right where it should be in "Sensor Test" until I spin up the motors (even without props); then it starts jumping all over and triggering the " NOT OK" warning while all the other signals are "OK". The one on my Flying Brick is actually your old one that I put a new processor in. We'll see how good a FC mechanic I am shortly.

Truth is, these little things are what I was trying to make a couple years ago... back then, decent small motors & ESCs were nonexistent. Now we're drowning in 'em.

Watched yer blather; I think you said you got some frame spacers from Moray? You won't regret; guy makes a good product. I just happened to have a baggie full of the 3/32" AL ones in my parts bin or I'd probably have gotten a set from him. Maybe on the $10 frame from MyRCMart...

Looks like Punk has invaded on the ZMR 250 forum; I don't mind, he's part of the "local color" at RCG. Besides, he really does help on the thread.

A'aight; I need to go check on the boy. He's supposed to be writing a million lines of "I will not hit" due to an incident at school; mommy says he gets one chance to avoid a spanking, and this is part of it. I'm like... "Great... he gets in trouble and I'm the one doin' time."

The joys of parenthood...

mnem
I guess I should just be glad he's not "liking his pain"...

Last edited by mnemennth; 10-27-2014 at 05:36 PM.
Old 10-29-2014, 07:30 PM
mnemennth

A quick heads-up to my cheap-a** buddies on the forum (I'm not naming any names ) but I just stumbled across a couple "too good to be true" deals...

First, Banggood has a couple codes that seem insane; $5 off a $10 purchase & $10 off a $20 purchase, passed on by subpixel:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2274290

I just abused it egregiously; I really hope they keep my money and ship everything I ordered!

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=6222

Second, I just got an eMail from RetailMeNot; I don't get many, but when I do, they're usually a doozy. They have a coupon that's actually good for a discount on gift certificates from Restaurant.com (Sorry; this is probably only going to be useful us cheap-a**es here in the States) :

http://www.retailmenot.com/landing5/....com?c=6289450

Just go to Restaurant.com, see if they have any participating restaurants in your neighborhood that you like, and use their coupon to buy discounted discount gift certificates. I just picked up 2 $25 certificates to two local restaurants I know to be good from personal experience... for $4 each. Here, in East BumbleF&$%, TX. Yeah, they have a minimum purchase... but when was the last time you took the missus out ANYWHERE and didn't spend at least $50? (No, Luby's and the Golden Arches don't count )

Hasta Lasagna, don't git any on ya!

mnem
*Passes out from all the joy*

Last edited by mnemennth; 10-29-2014 at 07:33 PM.
Old 10-29-2014, 10:42 PM
ingleburn

Originally Posted by mnemennth
A quick heads-up to my cheap-a** buddies on the forum (I'm not naming any names ) but I just stumbled across a couple "too good to be true" deals...

First, Banggood has a couple codes that seem insane; $5 off a $10 purchase & $10 off a $20 purchase, passed on by subpixel:

I just abused it egregiously; I really hope they keep my money and ship everything I ordered!

Second, I just got an eMail from RetailMeNot; I don't get many, but when I do, they're usually a doozy. They have a coupon that's actually good for a discount on gift certificates from Restaurant.com (Sorry; this is probably only going to be useful us cheap-a**es here in the States) :

Just go to Restaurant.com, see if they have any participating restaurants in your neighborhood that you like, and use their coupon to buy discounted discount gift certificates. I just picked up 2 $25 certificates to two local restaurants I know to be good from personal experience... for $4 each. Here, in East BumbleF&$%, TX. Yeah, they have a minimum purchase... but when was the last time you took the missus out ANYWHERE and didn't spend at least $50? (No, Luby's and the Golden Arches don't count )

mnem
Just because its a good deal doesnt mean there wont be a rolling pin heading your way soon
Seriously though thats a mad deal. To bad Im stocked up on everything I need. Well I could use a 3 or 5 turn helical. Theres way to many trees where I fly and the video gets a bit flakey.
Good to see someone trying a CC3D. Tried to talk Jonesy into being the guinea pig but no go. Its got to be better than the KK your using now. Im sure its been beaten to death and thats why your having trouble flying anything with it.
Havent rebuilt my quad yet using the overcraft PCB. Been busy fixing broken screens on phones. 3 kids, 3 broken ones. Oh the joys.
Old 10-30-2014, 12:48 AM
rikybob

mnem

You are an evil, evil man!

Many thanx for the codes!

I splurged and bought a "real" Naze32 and anti vibe board!

The Afromini is cool but the fact is, is I NEED a board with a buzzer!

I have ditched my little rig twice and had to hunt it TWICE!

One needs to have that feature (as Noel will attest!

All the best!

b
Old 10-31-2014, 12:12 AM
rikybob

Uh, oh?

My revision 4 Naze32 from Banggood is not going to make it.

I think this may be a trend below:

"Dear customer,
We are very sorry to tell you that due to our system has some bugs, the coupon ad4060 has some problem and we refund the order for you.then please check your paypal account after 72 hours to see that the refund has gone through.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Kind regards.
Cherry"
Old 10-31-2014, 09:26 PM
mnemennth

Awww... that sucks dude. Wish I'd gotten the code tooya sooner soze you could take advantage.

mnem
I survived Halloween with Spidah-Man and a Monster Princess!
Old 11-01-2014, 02:56 AM
rikybob

Awww... that sucks dude. Wish I'd gotten the code tooya sooner soze you could take advantage.

mnem
I survived Halloween with Spidah-Man and a Monster Princess!

Not a problem at all!

The board I ordered was a r4 and I really needed an r5 so oddly it was a "WIN"!

Hope your gear made it to ya!

b
Old 11-02-2014, 11:24 PM
Rob2160

muahahahahaha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wswJOl1rRII
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 1.JPG
Views:	127
Size:	606.1 KB
ID:	2044491   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 2.JPG
Views:	118
Size:	646.5 KB
ID:	2044492  
Old 11-02-2014, 11:33 PM
Rob2160

Originally Posted by rikybob
Filmed yesterday prior to your post Mnem....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JaBxmgClgm8&feature=youtu.be
That thing is rock stable!.
Old 11-02-2014, 11:35 PM
Rob2160

Welp, my minimalist "Flying Brick" Silver G10 Build is complete;

"

mnem
*Bricked*
Super neat build! Very impressive. My pet hate with quads is the bird's nest of wires but your looks fantastic.
Old 11-03-2014, 06:35 PM
mnemennth

Originally Posted by Rob2160
Super neat build! Very impressive. My pet hate with quads is the bird's nest of wires but your looks fantastic.
Thank you; it was quite a bit of "messing about widda fiddly bits", but I'm really pleased with the results. And... not a PDB in there anywhere! There just weren't enough room!

I really wanted to save these for my build log; but truth is, the last couple weeks all I've been able to muster is enough time & energy to read my few groups, let alone actually work on my quad. I don't see this changing any time soon, especially with the Holidays coming up.

We'll see... I guess I should go order myself a new USBasp ( I need it to flash my KK2); I gave up looking for my old one a week ago... prolly by the time it gets here, I'll have a CC3D and motors in my mailbox.

Badunka-dunk!

mnem
I am not the sum of my pants.
Old 11-03-2014, 07:55 PM
ahamay

Howdy.... keep forgetting to check in here as the new post notifications still don't work. Is it just me ?

Anyways.... havn't done a lot of anything rc of late. We've had a really bad run of windy weather here as well.

Destroyed my Q450 running it into a fencing post whilst doing some FPV. I've got a new PDB/bottom plate with the ESC's all soldered back up ready to start putting it back together. This bottom plate snapped in 3 pieces.

Brian and Noel talked (borderline harassed) me into looking at the mini quads and I gave in... A ZMR 250 frame arrived last week, and just ordered naze32, frsky d4r-ii to run cppm and some props. Just need to source a good cheap, motor/esc combo and i'm good to start building. I'll transfer the vtx and mobius off the q450.

Good to see everyone is still progressing with their projects. This is the Q450 incident for those that havn't seen it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCO6pOo4pcU&list=UU-LHgZeFvtPme6g4Ua07ajw

Last edited by ahamay; 11-03-2014 at 07:57 PM.
Old 11-04-2014, 06:07 AM
rikybob

Hehehe "Borderline harassed"

Well,

The Phoenix rises from the ashes.

I think I'll program the proper throws in this time!

Name:	IMG951949.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	78.1 KB
ID:	2044709  
Attached Images  
Old 11-06-2014, 03:29 AM
Rob2160

Originally Posted by ahamay
Howdy.... keep forgetting to check in here as the new post notifications still don't work. Is it just me ?

Anyways.... havn't done a lot of anything rc of late. We've had a really bad run of windy weather here as well.

Destroyed my Q450 running it into a fencing post whilst doing some FPV. I've got a new PDB/bottom plate with the ESC's all soldered back up ready to start putting it back together. This bottom plate snapped in 3 pieces.

Brian and Noel talked (borderline harassed) me into looking at the mini quads and I gave in... A ZMR 250 frame arrived last week, and just ordered naze32, frsky d4r-ii to run cppm and some props. Just need to source a good cheap, motor/esc combo and i'm good to start building. I'll transfer the vtx and mobius off the q450.

Good to see everyone is still progressing with their projects. This is the Q450 incident for those that havn't seen it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCO6pOo4pcU&list=UU-LHgZeFvtPme6g4Ua07ajw
That was really cool flying, I was getting into the video. Sorry about the crash at the end. Hopefully not too much damage?

My latest is an Armattan CNC 355 which just flies beautifully. I nicknamed it the "Green Goblin" and when I saw the character in a store tonight.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNW6FuCq5AI https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CqJGv770m8

I really wanted Kang and Kodos, but couldn't find them..

Name:	photo 1.JPG
Views:	115
Size:	505.7 KB
ID:	2045313   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 2.JPG
Views:	127
Size:	521.3 KB
ID:	2045314   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 1 (2).JPG
Views:	138
Size:	845.3 KB
ID:	2045315   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 2 (2).JPG
Views:	128
Size:	804.3 KB
ID:	2045316   Click image for larger version

Name:	KangAndKodosFigurines.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	108.2 KB
ID:	2045317  

Last edited by Rob2160; 11-06-2014 at 03:33 AM.
Old 11-12-2014, 07:57 PM
mnemennth

Real news... not the BS that comes from Broadcast Media:

http://www.cnn.com/2014/11/12/world/...own/index.html

The Rosetta Mission just landed a probe on Comet 67P; 10 years and 6.4 billion miles away.

Imagine driving from coast to coast, timing the trip and then matching trajectory to throw a dart from a moving car and hit a 100mph fastball traveling at the other side of the ball field while you're driving, before you hit the bleachers. Oh, and you HAVE to hit the 3rd pitch of the 6th inning; no other fastball will do. THAT is what they accomplished.

That's math staring back at you, son.

mnem
Look what we can do!
Old 11-12-2014, 10:03 PM
ahamay

That was riveting.

The Rosetta Mission just landed a probe on Comet 67P; 10 years and 6.4 billion miles away.

Imagine driving from coast to coast, timing the trip and then matching trajectory to throw a dart from a moving car and hit a 100mph fastball traveling at the other side of the ball field while you're driving, before you hit the bleachers. Oh, and you HAVE to hit the 3rd pitch of the 6th inning; no other fastball will do. THAT is what they accomplished.

mnem
Look what we can do!
Old 11-13-2014, 09:02 AM
rikybob

mnem
Look what we can do!

Yah, I have news pushed to me and was watching with baited breath. Sooooo much to go wrong!

I'm jazzed about this as a proper geek should be!

b
Old 11-17-2014, 05:23 AM
Edmund2

Hi Guys, yes still alive, just a bit more of me than a few months ago, but will be off the fattening meds in a week. Some long overdue flying time coming up as well some planned holiday time. Still have all that I had and the 550 was repaired successfully without breaking the bank. Could have bought a handfull of 30 amp ESC's with the repair cost though.

Glad to see you still have fun out there.

Edmund
Old 11-17-2014, 09:21 PM
mnemennth

Heya Edmund!

Glad to see yer still kickin'; I'm now actually back to work, and had myself a little adventure over the weekend... *Flashie-backie noises*

Took the kiddles with me back to San Antonio to visit friends and do some shopping; found some excellent deals and gave the boy a Lego Brain Blast by giving him money to spend at the Lego Store. All he had to do was be "Better than Green face" good all day; and he was! Even got through dinner with my old flying club buddy Rick without spoiling it.

So, after the Lego Store closes we head back home; about halfway, in the middle of this long stretch of nowhere and not a house in sight for miles... ZIPPP! a flash of white feet and THUDDD! I hit something. At first I thought it was a dog but it turned out to be a housecat; for sure it was somebody's pet, because it was too big and too well fed and groomed. I turn the car around and my son asks "Why are we turning around daddy?"

"Because I just hit someone's pet with the car, and nothing deserves to die alone, son. It's the right thing to do."

"Well, Socks or Mittens, it looks like you picked the wrong night to chase cars..." I say, picking up the battered body from the pavement and laying it in the ditch by the roadside. In the yellow glow of my headlamps, I watch the light fade from the poor creature's eyes; only a few moments really, but it seemed like forever. I say a brief prayer for its soul, then turn my collar to the cold and damp and climb back into the car.

I drive into the night and as I listen to the periodic swish-thump of the wiper blades I wonder what it was doing out there; why weren't its people there when it needed them most... a dozen other questions pass through my mind along with imaginings of some little boy or girl like mine getting the news that their beloved pet had been massacred on the highway. In all my life I had only ever hit one other animal that was a pet; I guessed that I was long overdue but I would still have preferred to pitch a one-hitter for this life-cycle, if you know what I mean.

Anyways... so, along about a half hour later I come up on an accident scene; several wreckers are there by the side of the road and just pulling the last vehicle from a multi-car pileup onto a flatbed. As I look at the mangled metal through the mist and the rain, I realize that "Socks or Mittens" probably saved me and my children from being a part of that pileup; and I thank him silently under my breath as I cruise slowly past. I remember Marilyn Whirlwind's story about "The Warrior and the Stallion"; softly I say to myself "Maybe..."

Thank you Universe, for favors unknown. I'm not even going to grouse too much about the fact I just found out this morning that "Socks or Mittens" totaled my front bumper and took out my radiator; I'm smart enough to know how lucky I got.

mnem
*Luck Dwagon"

Last edited by mnemennth; 11-17-2014 at 09:48 PM.
Old 11-18-2014, 04:56 AM
rikybob

Hiya Kidz!

Doing well here just busy with a "Trainee" who just graduated from the academy and life in general which is keeping me from flying much!

Strong Wx is passing through now and I hope will settle as I'm flying again Thursday!

Camping a bunch over the Thanksgiving holiday!

Mnem - Great essay as always and glad it turned out well for you!

Edmund - Great to hear from you and glad you're coming off the steroids! Great the 550 is back up and running and good to hear you're taking time off over the holidays!

All - Fly something!!!

b
Old 11-25-2014, 11:28 PM
ingleburn

Boring but at least I got out to fly. Parts just came in so the 450 will get a Mobius gimbal and the 250 will get a rebuild.
Thanks for dropping in Edmund. Hope to see some video soon.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQUvvUnQoJo&list=UU4WToio63gExWGunxwcTiPQ
Old 11-30-2014, 10:00 PM
Edmund2

My fingers were so rusted that I almost charged up a co-ax lipo just to have the ability to kill throttle again. Was all over the place and could not say I was actually flying the heli, was mostly crash avoidance. Will try again this coming weekend when I will have a "can do what I want weekend".

Edmund
Old 12-05-2014, 03:18 PM
rikybob

Hiya Fellas!

Had a blast just hanging around the house today!

I got in a SOLID hour of flyin' the ICON A5!

Tragically, I had a small crash but recovered the bird and flew it again!

Hope all is well in YOUR worlds!

b

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMWwXEG7_mo
Old 12-06-2014, 10:58 PM
Rob2160

That sure is a pretty place to fly Brian, I didn't see that tree either...

Thought you might like this one.

Definitely an "Independence Day" reaction when I looked out the window..

Listen for the screams in the street before the second thunderclap - I love storms but this would have been terrifying to those that don't.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccnTbLFMSvc

Last edited by Rob2160; 12-06-2014 at 11:10 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.