Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
Reload this Page >

Is Align still in bussiness?

Community
Search
Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

Is Align still in bussiness?

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2014, 05:44 AM
jelge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is Align still in bussiness?

I am new to RC helicopters and, after a few crashes and a lot of simulator time, I am starting to think I am ready to move up to a bigger machine. I was thinking about an Align T-REX 500 series because of all the favorable posts and reviews I have read but everywhere I look they are out of stock and Horizon Hobby says the only 500 they used to offer is discontinued. I have located a couple but if parts supply is going to be an issue shortly after I buy it then I do not want to waste my money (I have already been down that road with a smaller heli).

Thanks,
Jeff
Old 07-07-2014, 01:49 PM
Rafael23cc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You just need to expand your horizons a little. (I wasn't intending a pun here, but it happened) Horizon Hobby is not the only online store. It may be a good sign that they are out of stock everywhere. I can Assure you Align is alive and well.

Here are 4 stores that I frequent:
http://www.ronlund.com/rcheli/ALIGN.html
http://www.heliproz.com/Align/departments/110/
http://www.amain.com/index.php/cPath...s-Electric-500
http://www.experiencerc.com/store/al...sort=1a&page=1

Rafael
Old 07-13-2014, 06:09 PM
jelge

Thank you for the links. I assumed Horizon is too busy pushing E-flite and Blade to be good for much else but I found it curious they would list the bird as discontinued with no alternates. I checked several other online RC stores (xheli, helipal, align-trex, aligntrexstore and amain to name a few) and all were out of stock. I think the only place I found one for sale was Amazon (might have been one on Ebay too) so it made me wonder. Not knowing the features I should be looking for isn't helping me either since Align appears to have flooded the market with variants of the same aircraft.

Jeff
Old 07-17-2014, 09:02 AM
dchin62973

Default ALIGN TREX 450 PRO V2 DFC Build w/ Walkera Electronics ..

Originally Posted by jelge
I am new to RC helicopters and, after a few crashes and a lot of simulator time, I am starting to think I am ready to move up to a bigger machine. I was thinking about an Align T-REX 500 series because of all the favorable posts and reviews I have read but everywhere I look they are out of stock and Horizon Hobby says the only 500 they used to offer is discontinued. I have located a couple but if parts supply is going to be an issue shortly after I buy it then I do not want to waste my money (I have already been down that road with a smaller heli).

Thanks,
Jeff
Align is not out of business, but the competition for these large birds is immense. Clone like manufacturers are chipping away at Align everyday. Align responds by offering pre-built models such as the Align 450 PLUS DFC. Already Align has replaced the Align Trex 450 Pro V2 DFC with the rebranded Align Trex 450L Dominator Series. Expect the Align Trex 500, 550E, 600E, and 700E to be replaced with the Dominator Line. So, if are are thinking of getting the Align 450 Pro 2 DFC, get the Align Trex 450L Dominator. This helicopter comes in a 3S Lipo battery version or a 6S LIPO Battery version. The larger the LIPO, the higher the cost of the LIPO. The Align Trex 500 DFC maybe also being replaced so wait for the 500 Dominator Series.

Align is very good at keeping spare parts for their older models. So, the Align Trex 500 DFC Maybe sold out but you can still get the spare parts.

http://youtu.be/Sz13m1d4AkM Above is a video we did using Walkera electronics installed on the Align Trex 450 PRO V2 DFC.

Last edited by dchin62973; 07-17-2014 at 10:51 AM. Reason: Video did not show up properly
Old 11-16-2014, 12:45 AM
flyingjmerritt
My Feedback: (3)

i'm rebuilding 3 align 600 DFC'S right now. and i have not had a problem finding parts for it. been buying my parts mainly from a main hobbies or ebay.
yes sometimes the parts are out of stock but after a while they come back in stock again so not a big deal. the parts for the most part are pretty easy to find.
the t-rex helicopters are pretty nice helicopters.
Old 01-08-2015, 07:20 AM
bobbiejane

I purchased my T-rex 500 Pro DFC from http://www.helidirect.com/index.php I did notice my model is now out of stock but the dominator model is available.
Old 01-08-2015, 12:11 PM
flyingjmerritt

they may discontinue certain models. but you still should be able to get parts for them. least what i have seen so far.
Old 01-08-2015, 02:55 PM
flycatch
My Feedback: (26)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Go with ThunderTiiger is your looking for reliability and durability. I have built and flow both.
Old 02-12-2015, 09:33 PM
gimbleguy

Originally Posted by jelge

Thanks,
Jeff
Jeff, get yourself a trex 700 Dominator. It's the latest and greatest. Align parts are very easy to find. But having the latest heli would also ensure greater parts availability. Align has served me well. I love their products.
Old 02-25-2015, 12:58 PM
flyingjmerritt

Originally Posted by flycatch
Go with ThunderTiger if your looking for reliability and durability. I have built and flow both.
you don't want to go with thunder tiger right now! thunder tiger company has been sold! and a new company hrp distributing has bought thunder tiger.
right now its hard to find thunder tiger parts! was told hrp distributing bought the company and by mid january they should be fully restocked with thunder tiger parts.
and here we are mid february and there website still says out of stock on all their thunder tiger helicopter parts other than 2-3 items!

thunder tiger is a good helicopter. just don't want to buy one right now till they get things sorted out first. i been waiting 2 months now for them to get there stuff together! only way to get parts is ebay or buy from the uk.
Old 02-25-2015, 01:21 PM
Rafael23cc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by flyingjmerritt
you don't want to go with thunder tiger right now! thunder tiger company has been sold! and a new company hrp distributing has bought thunder tiger.
right now its hard to find thunder tiger parts! was told hrp distributing bought the company and by mid january they should be fully restocked with thunder tiger parts.
and here we are mid february and there website still says out of stock on all their thunder tiger helicopter parts other than 2-3 items!

thunder tiger is a good helicopter. just don't want to buy one right now till they get things sorted out first. i been waiting 2 months now for them to get there stuff together! only way to get parts is ebay or buy from the uk.

HRP has the NORTH AMERICA Distribution of Thunder Tiger, which was transferred from Ace to Hobbico and now HRP. There are shops that have stock, just like before. Not a big deal.

Rafael
Old 02-25-2015, 02:48 PM
flyingjmerritt

i just been buying my parts from the uk for my x50 helicopters. as i have not been having good luck finding parts.

here is the email reply i got back from thunder tiger on the hold up-
I have been asked to follow up on your request for X50 parts. There has been a delay in the shipments from Thunder Tiger. This is due to the strike that has choked the shipping lanes on the West coast. We have had to air in parts orders to compensate for this delay. I have just received one shipment that is working through our receiving dept. I am expecting another order to arrive next week and another is scheduled for mid March after they return from Chinese new year holiday. According to my information, the X50 series is still supported and the parts are still in production.