Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
Reload this Page >

TREX 450 pro help on repair

Community
Search
Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

TREX 450 pro help on repair

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2015, 02:28 PM
PDF

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TREX 450 pro help on repair

Hello all,
I'm new to heli's and bought a used built trex 450 pro. I few it for some time and the inevitable happened, it went in. Now I'm trying to get it up and running, and since I never built it or one from scratch it's a bit intimidating. First the damage, bent main shaft, have to replace the rotor bearings, two of the servos have slop in them. Again, since I didn't build this it's a learning curve. I took the main rotor bearing parts and replaced the bearings, I bought new servo gears and replaced them also. Now for the issue, I plugged my battery in the see if the servos works prior the installing them and saw one of them hummed, so I took it apart thinking I maybe didn't install the new bearing gears correctly and it was bound. So I took the gears out and free'd up the drive gear so there was no resistance and plugged the battery back in. The servo that didn't have the gear assembly in was still loud and the small gear was just spinning without any input from the radio. One of the servos didn't even move (I can't tell you what that serve operates since I'm new at this) and what baffled me most was that the ESC was hot without me even running the motor. I'd appreciate some advice how to trouble shoot what is culprit here.
Thanks for your help,
Pat