Community
Search
Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

Set-up Question

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2015, 05:51 AM
TGrubbs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Set-up Question

I've completed assembly of a new 450L Dominator and having problems setting up the electronics. Align's directions leave a lot to be desired! Upon hooking up the GPro to my laptop and connecting the battery, the front two servos immediately move in opposite directions and essentially bind up the swashplate. In trying to set up the aileron stick, the servo won't travel far enough to center the readout gauge. I'm sure there's a simple solution, but I haven't figured it out yet and the directions aren't very helpful. Suggestions?
Old 07-21-2015, 03:08 PM
poison

Sounds like wrong swash type in radio or gpro. Be carful switching types with servos hooked to swash plate it will strip out servo gears I know been there done that one�� than on gpro you have to play around with reversing, sub trims and throws to get it right.
Old 07-22-2015, 04:24 AM
TGrubbs

Thanks! It doesn't appear that I have stripped any servos, so good news so far. I keep having trouble, however, with the helicopter stopping operation while I'm trying to set it up. It's like it's being shut off by a timer. I have to play with the Gpro settings on the computer, then it starts working again, only to time out and stop again before I can complete the entire setup.
Old 07-22-2015, 02:04 PM
Rafael23cc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

you do not say which radio you have and I'm not familiar with your FBL controller, so I'll throw some ideas out there.

Spektrum and Spektrum compatible radios need to be re-bound to accept the basic settings before the final set-up and then may need to be re-bound after final set-up.

Make sure your servos are centered bypassing the FBL controller, before attempting to program the FBL controller.

The radio may be set-up to a CCPM swash, when most FBL controllers need a 1-servo type programming on the radio.

Those are a few that I can think right off the bat. Hope it helps.

Rafael
Old 07-23-2015, 10:38 AM
TGrubbs

Thanks Rafael. My radio is a Spectrum DX6. I'll definitely try these suggestions this weekend, as I won't have another opportunity before at least Saturday. As Facilities Manager of a large paper mill, I have only very limited time to play with this toy. Sometimes I think maybe I made a mistake trying the RC Heli thing. It can be extremely time consuming. Although I'm ok with electrical controls and circuitry, my main love is building antique furniture reproductions and custom made furniture with hand-carved accents. As you can guess, that can be very time consuming also. Unfortunately, I sometimes seem to have too many interests!
I appreciate your help and suggestions.
Old 07-23-2015, 01:03 PM
Rafael23cc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Some of us have a few extra things that we like to do. Not to mention the things we HAVE to do to feed the RC addiction and whatever else you like to do.

Rafael