Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
Reload this Page >

Need some help with buying parts for my 700e

Community
Search
Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

Need some help with buying parts for my 700e

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2016, 11:33 PM
highfly24

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some help with buying parts for my 700e

Hey everyone. Been a long while since I've been on the RC Forums due to work and getting a new toy a couple years ago that took me away from flying for a good part of the summer last year and the year before. I'm working on getting a parts list together for what I need to order to fix my T-Rex 700E 3G Flybarless heli. I crashed it back in the fall of 2014, and I'm just now getting time and the willpower to get it out and start rebuilding. The crash was pretty significant, but impacted tail-down for the most part, so I don't believe I bent the main shaft, but I have to take the head off and roll the shaft on glass. I know it needs tail boom, torque tube, etc. But since I've been somewhat out of the loop the last couple years, I know the Align 3G system is getting somewhat outdated. I'm looking at possible upgrading some stuff while it's apart. I added the DFC-E system for both of my T-rex 600n helis, but we had to use the main shaft out of a regular 600 nitro and cut it to the correct length, as the DFC kit is made to fit the electric 600, and uses a shorter main shaft. I was looking at going with the Spektrum BeastX system which is what I have on the 600n. My biggest questions are about some of the broken parts. When it crashed, it stripped the main plastic drive gear. It was a 115t and the pinion on the motor is a 12t, with straight teeth. I was looking on Align's website and saw they have slant threat pinion gear, and was wondering what the advantage of it was? I was also curious as to what everyone's opinion is on the gear ratio to run. The 115t drive gear seems to be difficult to find. I don't want to change gears without changing the pinion and end up burning up the ESC or tearing more parts up. I fly some fairly hard 3D, but nothing like what Alan Szabo Jr. flies or anything like that. But would like one it to be able to do that stuff if I can get more comfortable with it. So any advice is great. Just being out of the helicopter world for a year or two has made me miss all the talk and opinions on certain parts. Thanks everyone!