Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
Reload this Page >

Thunder Power TP1010C Chargers

Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

Thunder Power TP1010C Chargers

Old 02-15-2007, 05:07 PM
fr8brkr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thunder Power TP1010C Chargers

Just curious if anyone has used or has experience with this charger -- I plan on using it with Align 62SP battery for a 600 Rex --- Any comments are greatly appreciated. Bill E.
Old 02-16-2007, 02:17 PM
DHC8GURU

Default RE: Thunder Power TP1010C Chargers

They seem real pricy...but they are capable of fast charging the extreme power series batteries in 30ish minutes, which seems to be the only advantage over other chargers. I recommend the Schultz chargers ..not much glitz but the will charge and discharge Nicd,Nimh (up to 30cells!!),Lipo and L-ion(upto 11 cells) at 4.5 amps. and lead cell batteries. There are very few that can do all that.
The TP charger only does Lipo's.
The Schultz ISL series chargers don't have balance ports but the odd thing is after a year of lipo charging I finally decided to get a balancer and only 1 of 10 packs was out of balance. Where as my friends who have cheaper chargers, ther packs are always out of balance. I think its due to the charge programs schultze has.
If your using Lipos under 5 cells and also other types of batteries,go with the pro-peak charger for $70
Old 02-16-2007, 03:11 PM
fr8brkr

I am surprised to hear that you have had so few balancing issues -- My research suggests that that these ""Big Boy" Lipo's should be charged with a balancer --- The Thunder Pwr 210V is an xtra 99 bucks. I have tried to locate the Schultz unit you speak of and have had no luck. Can you suggest where to find the ISL model !! Also do they sell a power supply -- say 20 -25 amp ?? The one I was cosidering is a 20 amp power supply --cost about $ 55.00 --- but at 20 amps it will have a hard time powering a 225-250 watt charger. Thanks again for your input and help ! Bill
Old 02-16-2007, 07:59 PM
endeavor_635650

I have the 1010C as well as the 210 balancer. Yes it's a bit pricy, but it fast charges/balances batteries very quickly, meaning you need to buy less betteries to begin with. The cost of the TPX 5000 battery is $320 and the Align 6S2P is $230. The price of the charger w/ balancer is $300. So, I think the combination of a quick charge and less batteries is better because you'll get plenty of flying and it's going to save you money. I would think a 20A power supply is sufficient. If you charge a 5000mAh pack at 3C that's 15A, which is within 20A. But don't hold me to that, I would double check with somone who knows more about power supplies.

Brian
Old 02-16-2007, 08:52 PM
fr8brkr

Thanks for the advice and experience --- After further review from a pilot at my LHS I am convinced that the 1010 will work fine in conjunction with the 210 balancer and the 20 amp power supply also. I should be able to repeatedly charge a 6S2P without worry. I was somewhat concerned that the Align 4600mah wouldn't be enough for a 600CF but based on what I've heard and read it should do the trick.
My 600CF arrives on 2-20-07 with all the goodies complete !! I am truely looking forward to building and learning to fly it !!! Should be a RUSH .. Thanks again --- Bill
Old 02-21-2007, 07:23 PM
electriciancarl

I think you'll be very happy with the TP1010c/V210 combo. Order the USB cable and update the firmware as new versions become available. A great feature as is the battery save mode in case you overdisgharge.
Old 11-10-2017, 06:48 PM
wperko

Hi,

I have the ThunderPower TP1010C and TP-210 balancer with a HobbyKing 2S LiPo battery pack connected. It's been years since I used the charger so I'm stuck charging up my 2S LiPo?

When connected I hit the "SEL" button a few times and it reads the battery pack, when I press the "CHARGE" button it just switches between two displays about the battery and charging power which seems correct, but I can't figure out how to make it start charging the battery ???
Old 11-10-2017, 06:55 PM
wperko

Hi,

I have a Thunder Power TP1010C Charger with the TP-210 Balancer and a HobbyKing 2S Lipo ... The charger seems to accurately see the battery pack, but I can't figure out how to actually charge the battery ???