Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
Reload this Page >

Official T-rex 450 XL SE Thread

Community
Search
Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

Official T-rex 450 XL SE Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2006, 10:14 AM
leejax02
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official T-rex 450 XL SE Thread

Part number P12721-ND from www.digikey.com

A ferrite ring cancels out pulses like noise,glitches or any irregular signal. It is a metal ring made from an iron powder/resin mix and it does all that by being nonconductive. You wrap your ESC lead to the receiver around the ring and WITH a good lay-out, it does great.
Old 01-12-2006, 10:30 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts

Lee you going to check out my new Rexy for me so I dont hurt myself?
Old 01-12-2006, 10:58 AM
txaggie08

OK, was told to coe here and hash this out
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_37...tm.htm#3764968

I took it out this morning and started messing with it. It will come on, with a very low head speed(like just barely at idle). It TRIES to spin up, but it just wont do it. I pulled the main rotors off, and it spun up once, but it spins up VERY fast, and wont maintain it. could it be the wire im using to connect my batts is to small(right now theres a piece of servo lead in there i was using trying not to have to cut the connector off the charger)? I tried reprograming the ESC via the instructions i was givin, but i only got it to go into programing mode once,

Post edited by forum moderator, please check your PM
Old 01-12-2006, 01:41 PM
edge_pilot
My Feedback: (73)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OK, ordered the ferrite rings. They are only $.49 but the handling is $5.00.

What blade speed are you guys running on flight mode 1 and 2?????
we are currently at 2100 rpm on mode 1 and 2250 on mode 2. just curious to what other people are doing.

Also has anyone tried the NEW Hyperion "red" packs yet??? They have a pack very similar to the Thunder Power pack but the Hyperion is higher output, PLUS the best part.......................it's $12.00 cheaper.
Old 01-12-2006, 08:28 PM
leejax02

txaggie08, I would change the wires to proper specs as to not cause anything to overheat. When you charge it is not a big deal as when you discgarge(fly) as it then discharges at as higher rate and heat develops. Pm me and we can go over it again until you get it right. the T-rex is too good of a heli to be sidelined by ESC problems. I thought mine was bad, it was just me. This is nothing compared to programming a CC35.
Old 01-12-2006, 09:36 PM
txaggie08

Like i said in the pm....aparently mounting a brushless ESC under the receiver was a dumb idea, cause it was causing the motor to reset as it spun up. I got mad and took out the motor, then took apart the wiring and hooked it up to the receiver only(receiver out of the heli). Flipped the radio into acro(no curves that way) and reversed the throttle channel......bingo bob, It throttles up and down instantly, almost no hesitation. Im still not shure on hwo to program it for battery cutoff etc(leejax said he can help so we'll get that done LOL), but the motor now functions properly(ran it for aprox. 5 mins throttling up and down rapidly and slowly, no splutter, no restarts.).

I messed the collective servo up, but once i get one of the other 9g's(i have a bunch ive been using in planes and cars) on my collective ill be good(collective IS the right term for up/down pitch(vertical) correct...... Making shure ive got the right term with the right function here.....) to reinstall the motor and see if i can get the gyro to work(im thinking thats why my gyro was working when i tested it with no motor on.....but then when i got it to spin up to a flight speed, it freaked out and started spinning in a circle(right before the motor promptly shut back off......)

I will also get the wires with proper connectors in a few.....I bought wire today.
Old 01-13-2006, 11:03 AM
iceman101

Hi all. I would be greatful if someone could post the INTERNAL diamensions (i.e Length/Width/Total depth) of the "Align T-rex Carrying Case", the metal one. Also, if you could change any aspects of the case design what would it be? Will a TX (eclipse 7) safely fit in the case that contains the unassembled T-rex?
The reason i'm asking is because i plan to build my own but my T-rex SE is still in the mail , hense no guidelines. Thanks alot for the help....ICE
Old 01-13-2006, 01:26 PM
txaggie08

the small one with the kit will not fit my trasnmitter(CAP7)............
Old 01-13-2006, 03:13 PM
Peter G.

Hey Guy's:

I have another question still related to my problem with retrimming the tail rotor.

Since it is winter here and I have been flying out infront of my shop, I have been bringing the TRex out from a 70 degree shop to a minus 5 degree temperature. Would that cause the 40 clicks of retrim necessary to fly after 1 minute??????
Does anyone else have this happen????

Thanks Peter
Old 01-13-2006, 03:24 PM
ptgarcia
My Feedback: (36)

Well I just received my MicroHeli metal tail. Damn, is it sweet! And smooth as can be! I'll get it installed as soon as I get home from work tonight. This is the one I bought.....[link=http://www.microheli.com/mhshop/product_info.php?cPath=80&products_id=293&osCsid=930b1de1b7d6f0aa9d3a1dfa5a41804a]Precision Tail Set PRO[/link].

I'm hoping to buy servos tomorrow at the Ontario show so I can finish up the build.

I have a question for you guys: Has anyone had problems with the spindle being too long, or the threaded portions not being deep enough for the screws, resulting in lateral play in the blade grips? I do. I think the easiest fix is to take a couple millimeters off of each screw and call it a day. Anyone have this problem and solve it in a different manner?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd93034.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	39.3 KB
ID:	386868   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oj27261.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	68.7 KB
ID:	386869  
Old 01-14-2006, 02:01 AM
Peter G.

Well....... just to keep you folks updated....... I had changed Tail rotor servo, but this did not solve my problem. Changed gyro, this did not solve the problem.

I am almost embarrased to admit but..... left the heli outside to adjust to the temp. and the problem is solved go figure.

I have never had this problem before since by the time a person drives to the field, unloads his truck, fuels up and B.S.'s for a spell the gyro has had lots of time to adjust to the temp. Here at home just running outside for a quick flight never gave time for the gyro to adjust to the temperature/ Lesson number 1540.

Thanks for the help.

Peter
Old 01-14-2006, 05:38 AM
nunapiper

Hi all.
Well my trex 450XL is on it's way ) along with a used GY401 gyro, now I'm confused as to what servo to get for the tail, some say Hitec "HS56HB" others say to go digital, for the same price as the HS56, I can get the HDS-877 Micro Digital Servo (see below) my ? is, why digital and why only on the tail

http://www.wattsuprc.com.au/product_...asp?pid=TA0023

I'm also thinking of getting the Spektrum DSM DX6 (any thought's on that would most welcome) I've read the supplied servo's are quite good so what's wrong with using one of those on the tail (this is all very new to me).

Thanks to everyone, without these forums I would be lost.
Old 01-14-2006, 08:57 AM
BarracudaHockey

Get the Futaba 9650

Tail servos need to be fast. A 401 with a digital servo can send updates to the servo at something like 3 times the rate that it can send them to an analog servo. Well I suppose you could always run a regular servo in DS mode but it wouldn't last long.
Old 01-14-2006, 08:58 AM
BarracudaHockey

Get the Futaba 9650

Tail servos need to be fast. A 401 with a digital servo can send updates to the servo at something like 3 times the rate that it can send them to an analog servo. Well I suppose you could always run a regular servo in DS mode but it wouldn't last long. Since you and I cant update the stick position at anywhere near the speed that a gyro can we can get away with lesser servos on the other controls and not notice a difference.
Old 01-16-2006, 01:03 PM
osuwins

Hi guys sorry if this is a repeat., my t-rex se well be here this week, from what i hear the landing gear sux[:'(], whats the best to get for hard landings,one that wont stress the bird to much if thats possible, should i also get the blue gears with steel shafts or should i crash with the cheap ones tell i get better, it comes with bling, and what other changes do you recommend when it comes to stock parts
Old 01-16-2006, 01:38 PM
ptgarcia

I don't think you need to make any changes on the SE. Just make sure it has the steel tail rotor hub and the better bolts. Apparently some tails have been failing due to the hub breaking or bolts shearing, depending on who you talk to.
Old 01-16-2006, 01:43 PM
edge_pilot
My Feedback: (73)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What kind of blades you guys running????? What headspeed do you guys shoot for????????
Old 01-17-2006, 01:51 PM
FUBAR03

My question goes along with edge's, i have a Trex-SE comming in the mail, and from what i understand it comes with two sets of blades: one wooden, and one carbon fiber. From what i have read, the wooden ones are a little more responive, and also track very well. The carbon fiber ones are supposed to be more stable, but hard to get tracking right. Being a new helicopter pilot, which am i going to want to start off with. Ive been flying (and crashing) the HBCP2 so im not completely new, but would also like a bird a little more on the tame side to start off with. On a side note, im going to be using Hitecs Eclipse 7 tx, i havent heard too much talk about it, any thoughts?
Old 01-17-2006, 02:12 PM
ptgarcia

I would go with the one you can get set up properly. If you can't get the carbons to track, throw on the wood set, then dial in some exponential or add a wheel collar or two to the flybar to add some weight and slow the response if need be. If the blades don't track well you'll get unwanted vibration. Good luck!
Old 01-17-2006, 07:27 PM
leejax02

Hey guys...what's going on? Did you see the new veresion of the SE???

http://www.align.com.tw/shop/index.php?cPath=22_25

It is the top one. Has the updates and fixed a few things... been flying a bit with the Rex, but my receiver went out and I am waiting for another one. I have downtime and might as well fix a few things. I am getting the full-size case in a few days and will send the dimensions or check Modefo's or rchover and ask for the dimensions. the Gorilla gear at RChover are "unbreakable" and the low-profile looks good. I run the 325 Pro Woodies and shoot for 2800 rpm atleast...very stable at that rpm and tail response/aothority is excellent.
Old 01-17-2006, 10:05 PM
Ivan Woods

ORIGINAL: iceman101

Hi all. I would be greatful if someone could post the INTERNAL diamensions (i.e Length/Width/Total depth) of the "Align T-rex Carrying Case", the metal one. Also, if you could change any aspects of the case design what would it be? Will a TX (eclipse 7) safely fit in the case that contains the unassembled T-rex?
The reason i'm asking is because i plan to build my own but my T-rex SE is still in the mail , hense no guidelines. Thanks alot for the help....ICE

Hi, here is my TREX450SE in the Al carry case. I believe your TX should be no problem to fit inside. I bought the whole thing from [link=http://www.pinnaclemodel.com]here[/link]. The price is great, just US$433 for a 450SE with 430L BL + 35G ESC...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db85778.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	61.0 KB
ID:	389845  
Old 01-18-2006, 12:30 AM
rcflyerdave

Just received silver Trex SE in mail with motor and 35 esc.Will use 401 and 9353 from spare Raptor or may opt for 9650.I have plenty of Hs-55s.Are they suitable or do I need Hs-56s?
Dave
Old 01-18-2006, 03:15 PM
txaggie08

will the 9650 work with any gyro or does it have to be made especialy to handle a digital?
Old 01-19-2006, 07:56 PM
leejax02

Ivan, just got my case today too!! Looks sweet and protects the heli from everything. Have yet to fit the other things like lipos and whatever else I can cram in it. This is why I like micros...especially a T-rex because I can go anywhere and fly anytime.
Old 01-19-2006, 11:46 PM
zacko

Thought I would ask all the T-Rex gurus in here to take a look at this and tekk me what you think, its the V2 http://www.oairc.com/index.php?cPath=21_22. I've been telling my wife I wanted a T-Rex for a couple of months. She tried to surpise my with this, but its not the XL. I'm pretty new to helis so I don't really know the dif.
Please help

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.