Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
Reload this Page >

Official T-rex 450 XL SE Thread

Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

Official T-rex 450 XL SE Thread

Old 05-26-2007, 03:06 AM
krisnz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official T-rex 450 XL SE Thread

are the blades tracking ok or is one higher than the other while hovering?
you need a differn't colour tape on each blade tip to check this and look for which colour is higher, then adjust the linkages

ORIGINAL: tom235

hey guys i just got a 450sa and it flys pretty good but i have a wobble or a bounce when i hover any clues thanks for your help

Tom
Old 05-26-2007, 03:10 AM
consultjdm

Kriznz,

yes set the rudder mixing to 0/off when in HH mode.
I just center the servo by moving the stick back and forth three times and then I slide the servo on the boom to center the baldes. Then I test that it does not bind and traves almost all the distance on the shaft when I give it stick input.

then I make sure I spin the right way with the rudder stick then I make sure the gyro spins the right way (I hold it in my hand and give the stick left and right while spun up and can feel it turn correctly with the left right stick input, if that is good I don't need to reverse the servo, then when holding it spun up I turn the heli to the left and make sure I feel the gyro fight it and it turns the heli back to straight - but hold it out and away from you and make sure the blades are tight. I then set the sensitivity (gear on the DX6) if I havent already to 70 and then I test fly it. If by using trim it holds good I land unplug it and adjust the linkage and set the trim back to zero until I find the sweet spot. And I adjust the sensitivity up to almost wag If I just mainly hover or I lower it from the hover spot by 5 to 10 percent so its not fighting me on turns so much.

JD
Old 05-26-2007, 03:17 AM
consultjdm

Tracking can be a pain and sometimes its easy. I try the high one down then the low one up. You want to be carefull not to add to your normal pitch curve to much by adjusting the tracking. so I might end up were I only need a half turn I may end up having to give one two halfs down and one a half up or some combinatin instead of just the half turn it needed. if you don't have the nice red and blue or green tape you can use clear and just put a little regulare white paper strip under it on one blade and just clear tape on the other blade for balance, then I remove it after they are tracked and reverify. once tracked this way they always stay tracked but I check anyway.
JD

JD
Old 05-26-2007, 03:47 AM
krisnz

thanks for your input
is the only place to adjust sensitivity at the gyro with the delay screw? or can you adjust the gear epa or something at the tx?

thanks
kris
ORIGINAL: consultjdm

Kriznz,

yes set the rudder mixing to 0/off when in HH mode.
I just center the servo by moving the stick back and forth three times and then I slide the servo on the boom to center the baldes. Then I test that it does not bind and traves almost all the distance on the shaft when I give it stick input.

then I make sure I spin the right way with the rudder stick then I make sure the gyro spins the right way (I hold it in my hand and give the stick left and right while spun up and can feel it turn correctly with the left right stick input, if that is good I don't need to reverse the servo, then when holding it spun up I turn the heli to the left and make sure I feel the gyro fight it and it turns the heli back to straight - but hold it out and away from you and make sure the blades are tight. I then set the sensitivity (gear on the DX6) if I havent already to 70 and then I test fly it. If by using trim it holds good I land unplug it and adjust the linkage and set the trim back to zero until I find the sweet spot. And I adjust the sensitivity up to almost wag If I just mainly hover or I lower it from the hover spot by 5 to 10 percent so its not fighting me on turns so much.

JD
Old 05-26-2007, 04:06 AM
corona007

Kris,
If your using the s9650 digital servo set the delay for zero. Thats for mostly analog servos. For instance say your doing a pirro and stop and your heli keeps turning thats where you use the delay. Does your dx6 have idle up switch? If so set your gyro for starters normal 80% idle 1 70% and idle 20% respectivly this is 60% in normal mode. Once you drop below 51% it goes out of avcs mode and enters normal mode. I use normal mode for hoovering idle up 1 for FF and acro and idle 2 for setting my neutral trim of the fins and autorotaion. It's kinda hard to explain, I would have to draw a sketch to explain it properly. If you dont have tape for trimming blades, Try a magic marker. No tape no fuss I just wipe it off after im done........Hope that helps.
Old 05-26-2007, 04:13 AM
corona007

OOOOoooooooppps Idle 2 20%
Old 05-26-2007, 04:17 AM
krisnz

i don't understand what idel up has to do with the gyro, i thought the idle up was for 3d, i fly my heli so if i pull the stick back it shuts off the motor,
Old 05-26-2007, 04:18 AM
consultjdm

Krisnz,

If your gyro has two wires to the receiver then yes you can adjust sensitivity from the TX.

Use the Gear AtL.

If your gyro is reversed then the numbers on the the gear have to be used like they're backwards I believe, 0 would be 100. You can tell by going above and below 50% a few percentage points and the lights on the gyro should tell you which way to move the % to go into HH.

Which toggle switch did you link the gear to? the one on the front left? Is that "E"?

Anyway once linked it gives you two setups to use for sensitivity. You can use it as a normal and Idel up settings for sensitivity or HH or Normal mode. Assuming your setup has the gyro in nomal - not reversed mode then 100% sensitivity setting on the TX would be 100% gyro sensitivity in HH Mode. 75% setting in the TX would be 50% sensitiviy inthe gyro in HH mode and 25% would be 75% in normal mode and 0% sensitivity would be 100% sensitivity in Normal mode. Of course 50% is 0 sensitivity in either mode, but the gyro goes in to nomal mode at 50% so 50% sensitivity would be 0 real sensitivity in normal mode. What Im trying to say is 50% on the TX is 0 and both 0 and a 100 setting in the TX is are both 100% sensitvity but 0 is 100% in normal mode.

Clear like mud or coffe, LOL.

So if you set one of the modes to below 50% that would turn HH on and off. I'm not sure why you would want to turn HH off unless you were just doing some tests. Its really for one sensitivity setting on the tx to be like 75& and the other to be like 65&. So in normal mode you could have more tail holding power and then when you do Forward flight and piroetts you could flip the toggle changing the sensitivy setting to 65% (but we know that means 30% of the gyro sensitivity from my explanation above) to give you better response on the ruddy by lowering the sensitivity.

should I even sign my name to this? Is it understandable?

JD

Old 05-26-2007, 04:26 AM
consultjdm

They think of normal mode as being used by beginners just hovering, and very little changeing of direction. Some people get their gyro to hold without wagging at 85-90 percent setting on the TX (Of course you would need a slower servo and the right head speed / pitch setting to acheive it. For the head speed most of us have and our servo's I bet we are no more than 80% on the TX.). So the gyro is set so high that if you were flying around you would really have to fight the gyro to turn the direction you want. Idle up people are at the next level usually and fly around more and want lower sensitivity so they can turn the heli without the gyro slowing their turn or trying to turn the heli back the other way.

JD
ORIGINAL: krisnz

i don't understand what idel up has to do with the gyro, i thought the idle up was for 3d, i fly my heli so if i pull the stick back it shuts off the motor,
Old 05-26-2007, 04:32 AM
consultjdm

Kris, if you get what he is saying you will know that 70% is 40% in HH mode, LOL. 50 is 0, for every % you move from 50% setting you double it for the actual setting.

JD
ORIGINAL: corona007

Kris,
If your using the s9650 digital servo set the delay for zero. Thats for mostly analog servos. For instance say your doing a pirro and stop and your heli keeps turning thats where you use the delay. Does your dx6 have idle up switch? If so set your gyro for starters normal 80% idle 1 70% and idle 20% respectivly this is 60% in normal mode. Once you drop below 51% it goes out of avcs mode and enters normal mode. I use normal mode for hoovering idle up 1 for FF and acro and idle 2 for setting my neutral trim of the fins and autorotaion. It's kinda hard to explain, I would have to draw a sketch to explain it properly. If you dont have tape for trimming blades, Try a magic marker. No tape no fuss I just wipe it off after im done........Hope that helps.
Old 05-26-2007, 04:36 AM
consultjdm

Shadowin,

If your gyro switch is in reverse then maybe the pot works backwards, I think the Sensitivity on your TX may work backwards to if your reversed. I think it depends on the TX and Gyro brands.
Its easy to test by watching the gyro HH mode light.
JD
Old 05-26-2007, 04:50 AM
krisnz

what the?
where do you find these % on the dx6 tx you speck of [X(]

i have a gear switch up the top left of the tx so i can switch from HH to normal and one wire going to the rx from the gy401 to operate it,

i am told that normal is better for figer 8s as the tail folows the front yes no?

thanks again
kris LOL
Old 05-26-2007, 04:51 AM
corona007

Actually the avcs system is part or the conventional gyro built into it. It's an auto correction trim for crosswinds. If your flying in a straight line and a crosswind hits the tail thats the correction the avcs system is making for you. It calculates how much to deflect the tail in the opposite direction. depending on the force of the wind and other factors. The faster your head speed the less gyro you need (idle up). Well it sounded good in my brain, But I dont know if its true.....J/k.
Old 05-26-2007, 04:57 AM
corona007

That tail is not going to move unless you move it..........
Old 05-26-2007, 05:37 AM
krisnz

[&:] i found some settings for the gear switch (trav adj), that seem to alter the sensitivaty, but my dx6 hand book has no idle up info, only pitch and throttle curvs in normal, hold or stunt,
both my gyro and rudder are on rev for it to act the way it needs to, i have rev the gear switch as well so i know switching it is to HH because my old gyro didn't have HH, ok now i find out thats a bad idea i need to leave the gear witch normal, LOL
Old 05-26-2007, 05:42 AM
krisnz

consultjdm, my gear switch is F
ok i see now that if i switch the gear switch it changes the gyro to hh or normal i new that, but it also puts the heli in stunt mode which i don't want, that dumb so i have set TLS to 0% so its not full noise when i lower the stick while in HH mode via the gear switch , but useing the gear trav adj plus and minus i can change between HH and normal as well so i dont need to flick the switch into stunt, is that right?
Old 05-26-2007, 06:05 AM
krisnz

this could have been quite dangerous, the gyro instuctions say "intermittent flash, alarm display when the power was turned on in the normal gyro mode. for the rudder neutral signal to be read correctly, set the transmiter to avcs mode and turn on gyro power again"
what the, if i swiched gyro modes wont that put it in stunt mode and the motor start up with low stick [&:]
Old 05-26-2007, 06:32 AM
krisnz

thanks for your help
i think im starting to understand,
but my light only changes when i get back to zero?

Krisnz,

If your gyro has two wires to the receiver then yes you can adjust sensitivity from the TX.

Use the Gear AtL.

If your gyro is reversed then the numbers on the the gear have to be used like they're backwards I believe, 0 would be 100. You can tell by going above and below 50% a few percentage points and the lights on the gyro should tell you which way to move the % to go into HH.

Which toggle switch did you link the gear to? the one on the front left? Is that "E"?

Anyway once linked it gives you two setups to use for sensitivity. You can use it as a normal and Idel up settings for sensitivity or HH or Normal mode. Assuming your setup has the gyro in nomal - not reversed mode then 100% sensitivity setting on the TX would be 100% gyro sensitivity in HH Mode. 75% setting in the TX would be 50% sensitiviy inthe gyro in HH mode and 25% would be 75% in normal mode and 0% sensitivity would be 100% sensitivity in Normal mode. Of course 50% is 0 sensitivity in either mode, but the gyro goes in to nomal mode at 50% so 50% sensitivity would be 0 real sensitivity in normal mode. What Im trying to say is 50% on the TX is 0 and both 0 and a 100 setting in the TX is are both 100% sensitvity but 0 is 100% in normal mode.

Clear like mud or coffe, LOL.

So if you set one of the modes to below 50% that would turn HH on and off. I'm not sure why you would want to turn HH off unless you were just doing some tests. Its really for one sensitivity setting on the tx to be like 75& and the other to be like 65&. So in normal mode you could have more tail holding power and then when you do Forward flight and piroetts you could flip the toggle changing the sensitivy setting to 65% (but we know that means 30% of the gyro sensitivity from my explanation above) to give you better response on the ruddy by lowering the sensitivity.

should I even sign my name to this? Is it understandable?

JD

Old 05-26-2007, 06:36 AM
shemp308

ok guy you have to make me ask! lets say i get the heli to have a nice tail no wag it just stay's put in heading holding mode what would i need it to hold in normal mode for? kinda if it not broke thing! a am sure it has its use but i would like to know what it is?
thanks
Shemp
Old 05-26-2007, 06:42 AM
shadowin

Jd,

I'm lost there. I have no problem with the gyro.

Shadowin,

If your gyro switch is in reverse then maybe the pot works backwards, I think the Sensitivity on your TX may work backwards to if your reversed. I think it depends on the TX and Gyro brands.
Its easy to test by watching the gyro HH mode light.
JD
Old 05-26-2007, 07:15 AM
krisnz

i was just told that some people like to switch to non heading hold so when in a turn ( useing cyclic) while in forward flight the tail follows the nose instead of the heli traveling sideways, if that makes sense

also shadowin ive been lost then thinking im not lost and back to lost about 10 times in the last 2 hours, LOL [&:][][X(][8D]
Old 05-26-2007, 07:28 AM
armycopter

I have the DX6, GY401, S9650. Here is what I've got for settings (maybe this will help)

GY401 switch is set to reverse (I have it hanging upside down on a gyro mount in the rear)

DX6 Elevator D/R Switch is my HH/Rate Mode selector

DX6 Flight Mode Switch is my Normal/Idle Up Mode selector

RVO is set to 0%

RUD is set to Norm

GER is set to Norm

RUD Trav Adjust is set to 100%

GER Trav Adjust is set to 58%

This setup works perfect for me. Hope that helps!
Old 05-26-2007, 07:54 AM
shadowin

Is that what normal mode is for? With head holding mode, i can control my heli easily. The heli would only turn when i give it rudder input. Flies like a dream compared to my 22E. So i'm lost not because that i cant set the gyro properly, but was wondering what did i ask in the first place. Hope you would get yours set up nicely soon. Since there are so many helpful seniors here, it's a very good place to share and learn.

ORIGINAL: krisnz

i was just told that some people like to switch to non heading hold so when in a turn ( useing cyclic) while in forward flight the tail follows the nose instead of the heli traveling sideways, if that makes sense

also shadowin ive been lost then thinking im not lost and back to lost about 10 times in the last 2 hours, LOL [&:][][X(][8D]
Old 05-26-2007, 08:35 AM
helifan06

Ok, my main gear is acting funky; I can spin the main blades clockwise. And there's a little tick when spinning and it doesn't spin as freely as before. I think my one way bearing is bad.

Does the SE V2 main gear compatible with the SE V1?? I have a SE V1; but I don't want to buy the one way bearing removal tool.

Old 05-26-2007, 09:38 AM
consultjdm

heli fan,

It sure is compatible. I switched and already chewed a new one up in a crash and it was so quick and easy to change out with the removable hub.

Those new gears are stronger too, they don't get torn up as easy from hard starts.

JD

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.