Community
Search
Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

HS-56 chattering

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2006, 09:51 AM
smallplanes
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HS-56 chattering

I crashed my trex xl cde and striped one servo ,so i put a new hs-56 servo in its place. Well i flew it once and it worked great , i got me a new 9chp super radio and i was trying to copy the model to it and i lost my whole set up. I got it set back up but now the new servo will not center it jumps up and down kind of like interference or something. What do you guys think could it be a bad new servo or a cracked crystal or a problem with the rx? Now it has me thinking it could have been the cause of my crash the start with, i made a hard right turn and it would not come out of it and it hit the ground. I know it did not go it to fail safe because i cut the thrttle right before impack. If theres any help out there i sure would like to hear from you?

Thanks for any help
smallplanes
Old 03-26-2006, 11:51 AM
ckoelliker

Default RE: HS-56 chattering

Try switching the servo to a new location and see if it still does it, or if the other servo starts to twitch.
Old 03-26-2006, 09:16 PM
smallplanes

The other servos are not twitching just this one. I will try it in another channel tomar and see how it does. Thanks for the help.

Thanks
smallplanes
Old 03-26-2006, 10:38 PM
HookBall

On my newer Trex project I also upgraded to some better servos, and I started having servo chatter. Even the gyro wasn't holding as well as before. I later did some research and I found out through some DVM and O Scope test that I was losing power to my servos. I put in a ParkBec 6V BEC and my chatter, gyro and slight glitching problems went away. On most speed controllers you are only suppose to use 3 servo, but with a BEC you can run 6 to 8 with no problem and your speed controller will run cooler.
Old 03-27-2006, 12:13 PM
smallplanes

Thanks for the tip Hookball
Where can i get a park bec from and what do they cost?

Thanks
smallplanes
Old 03-27-2006, 05:56 PM
GreenTea

Before you spend any money on a BEC to neutralize chatter (like I did), make sure the receiver is operating correctly. After that downtime, money, and effort in installing the BEC, I discovered it wasn't a power issue at all, but rather the Spektrum receiver was making intermittent contact somewhere on its circuit board. Horizon Hobby coordinated with helihobby.com, and I had a replacement to me in no time that solved the entire issue.

Best of luck!
Old 03-27-2006, 08:12 PM
jgiles-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

You really shouldn't need the BEC unless there's a problem with the speed control. The BEC is a basic circuit that was around in the early days of electrics and now (last 10 years?) is incorporated into nearly every speed control that's currently available. That's why they're hard to find and basically rarely mentioned anymore.

Do the servo swap and see if the problem follows the servo or stays with the specific channel. Remember servo's receive a signal from the receiver and any noise can cause it to chatter but it should not follow it to the new channel. If it does, then you either had a defective servo which caused the crash or you damaged the servo in the crash and it needs to be repaired or replaced.
Old 03-27-2006, 09:05 PM
smallplanes

The servo in the crash was striped so i put a new 56 in it. Its the new one thats acting up so tonight i put that servo on another RX and it does the samething so now i know the brand new servo is bad also. The thing is that i flu it once and had no problem in the air(lucky for me). I got the servo from heliproz about a month ago, do any of you know if they will exchange it with a new one at no charge? Whats odd about my crash was when i made a right turn the heli stayed in the turn and i could not get it out, i just figured it was me. Odd thing is not only was one gear striped but the motor inside is stuck on,does that sound odd?

Thanks for the help guys
smallplanes