Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
Reload this Page >

Has anyone purchase one of these gyros? Looks like a Futaba GY401 copy

Community
Search
Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

Has anyone purchase one of these gyros? Looks like a Futaba GY401 copy

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2006, 11:25 AM
jyc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has anyone purchase one of these gyros? Looks like a Futaba GY401 copy

Hello,

I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with this gyro. These are being sold on ebay http://cgi.e_ay.com/New-Head-Lock-Gy...QQcmdZViewItem. Looks a lot like the Futaba GY 401, but costs about half. Don't know if I should risk it. Appreciate any feedback. Thanks.

Attached Images  
Old 07-24-2006, 04:01 PM
credence
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Has anyone purchase one of these gyros? Looks like a Futaba GY401 copy

I have one, it's garbage. Don't even look at it. Take your $50 and save it for a true GY401. Sometimes you can luck out with the cheap chinese stuff, other times it's just a waste. This is the latter.

The colco gyro is just a standard rate HH gyro gussied up and branded to rip sales of the GY401's. It does not use AVCS, or anything remotely close. Nearest I can tell it's much like the telebee gyro in operation. What's worse is the gyro does not ship with any sort of viable instructions. Instead, you get a copy of the Futaba GY401 gyro instructions, which do not work with this gyro, period.

Hope that answers your question. Get a real GY401 and you'll be infinitely more happy.

EDIT: I should be fair and say that many have gotten this gyro to work with marginal results. I still don't think it's worth $50. I never managed to get mine to work properly. Theres a post on this gyro somewhere on RC Groups, you might wanna have a look there for it's discussion.

I opened mine up to have a look at it's setup and I saw nothing that impressed me.
Old 07-24-2006, 08:40 PM
jyc

Default RE: Has anyone purchase one of these gyros? Looks like a Futaba GY401 copy

Thanks Credence! That's what I thought. You get what you paid for