Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
Reload this Page >

Anyone bought a Trex from this site ?

Community
Search
Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

Anyone bought a Trex from this site ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2006, 01:00 AM
stevenjh1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone bought a Trex from this site ?

I found this combo for the trex and it seems like a good deal. I just wanted to know if anyone has purchased form them.

http://www.rc-expert.com/product-package.php?pid=264
Old 08-06-2006, 07:14 AM
shaitan

Default RE: Anyone bought a Trex from this site ?

Given the choice between the XL and the SE, I'd go with the SE. The kit is little money, but some of the compenents are questionable (the servos, ESC, gyro, etc.). There are other sources for getting into a Trex for decent money: the HDX450 ([link=http://www.helidirect.com/product_info.php?cPath=29&products_id=1171]http://www.helidirect.com/product_info.php?cPath=29&products_id=1171[/link]), smaller starting kits ([link=http://www.wholesaletrains.com/Detailair.asp?ID=200456081]http://www.wholesaletrains.com/Detailair.asp?ID=200456081[/link]), etc.

Old 08-06-2006, 11:47 AM
djdavidcp

I know two people who purchased from RC Expert. Both were satisfied with the service, shipping, etc. But the electronics they provide (servos, gyro, etc) are pretty cheap and might cause you some problems. I emailed them when I was in the process of buying my Trex and they will put together packages for you with better electronics. So you might want to try emailing them with a list of good electronics and see what they charge. I ended up buying my entire Trex 450 SE package from deetee enterprises and couldn't have been happier with the prices and service.

Doug
Old 08-06-2006, 03:26 PM
cooperd

I just came from a 3 day helo fly-in in Snohomish WA. DETEE Enterprises had a tent store at the field. The owner was there. They had an extensive stock of Align parts and Helidirect parts. Also had XL and SE kits. These people are knowledgeable, friendly folks. Their prices are in line. They had an SE kit with an Align 35 ESC/Align 430sl motor for $489. Or they would remove the motor and ESC and sell the kit for $400. Dennis, the owner, is usually available by phone during business hours to answer questions. I spent $260 with them LOL., and I will sure order from them on line in the future. Extensive inventory of Align parts, also Blade. Excellent source for helo stuff!
Old 08-06-2006, 07:53 PM
HighSierra
My Feedback: (2)

do a search, you'll find happy and angry people.

I bought my se thru them for a great deal, and shipping took about the same as getting something UPS from the east coast to the west coast.
Old 08-11-2006, 04:01 AM
Fivehole91

I purchased a XL RTF kit from them 2 weeks ago, and paid for express 3-4 day shipping. After all emails requesting status having been ignored, I became very impatient and angry. I ended up just buying another at my LHS. On one hand, the prices are great, even with crappy electrics. On the other hand, had I known about their absolute complete and total lack of concern for communicating status etc to me, I would never have made the purchase. My heli just shipped yesterday, which was the only information that they actually sent to me. It occured to me that they will happily accept your money, whether or not product is in stock, but that they are apparently unwilling to communicate status/availability. All I wanted to know, was where was my order, and why I paid for 3-4 day shipping, but got product shipped 2 weeks later, with no answers as to status. The jury is apparently still out on this. The reason that I bought from them in the first place, is because I read a ton of positive reviews. I think that if their product is in stock, you will have a good experience. On the other hand, if your stuff is on backorder, good luck finding that out. You will have to arrive on that conclusion yourself when you see a couple weeks go by with no shipping and more importantly, no communication. Grrr.
Old 08-11-2006, 01:41 PM
colrod12

I got a trex and a x400 from rc expert communication was good and shipping was so so a month, considering they are on the other side of the rock not too shaby I guess.

The actual airframes were good, the batts they sent were NFG!!! for these birds not enough power. the servos and ESCs lasted
A few flights (5) on my Trex and the ESC on my X400 whent up in smoke on the 3rd flight, in flight[:@]

however fair is fair the choppers did fly, not for long but..... fly they did

the things I have left that still work are, the Airframes, the Airtronics Rd6000super and its 6ch Rx, and the Align 400Lf motors.

I know buy all my stuff from the states, bryce at heliaddict, dennis at deetee. Ricks.

in short!!! stick with namebrands, stay close to home
Old 08-11-2006, 10:37 PM
p-80
My Feedback: (1)

do you think the hdx will become better han the t rex 450 se