Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
Reload this Page >

The good the bad and the ugly (DX7 and G3)

Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

The good the bad and the ugly (DX7 and G3)

Old 01-07-2007, 10:18 PM
Dynamic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The good the bad and the ugly (DX7 and G3)

So I'm starting to get braver with my trex. Doing flips and barrels. Was doing some fast circles and my gyro was being all weird, but I think I figured that out to a bad dual rate when in stunt mode. Pilot error earned my first crash, looked down at my remote to adjust a setting, looked back up, lost perspective, SMASH. Hit the ground hard, glad I configured my throttle hold yesterday.

Broken

That stupid plastic tail slider linkage (that part sucks I need an upgraded tail piece)
tailboom from blade strike
spindle
main gear
main shaft

Not that bad...but first crash makes me sad. LHS doesn't open till tuesday so I had some time to kill. Well I've been flying my G3 with a playstation controller and it worked, but it wasn't as realistic as it could be. So I figured I'd take my DX7 and see if I could get it to work. Downloaded PPJOY and SmartPropoPlus (and RCaudio for visualization). Plugged my earphone to earphone cable into my mic port and my DSC port and got started.

PPJOY settings

axis1 = rudder
axis2 = throttle
axis3 = Y axis
axis4 = X axis

SmartPropoPlus

PPM (generic) auto detect
microphone
PPJoy extension
(no esky ccpm mixing filter)

G3 dongle emulator

X1 axis = 2
Y1 axis = 24
X2 axis = 18
Y2 axis = 0

Took me a while to decipher those settings to get my raw channels to work in G3. After the raw channels work however its just a matter of setting your channel mapping and calibrating. Now my DX7 works perfectly with G3 with no extra cords or BS (and to think I almost bought the darn thing).

So the bad news is I gotta wait for parts for my heli. The good news is that I can CONFIRM DX7's working with G3, and the ugly...well lets just say my stripped rex aint a thing of beauty right now.

---{additional notes}---
A bunch of you are probably going to ***** about me stealing G3, save your breath I don't care and I'm not going to argue with you.
---------------------------
Old 07-22-2008, 02:40 AM
David867

Default RE: The good the bad and the ugly (DX7 and G3)

I've got the sim already, but being able to use the remote that I fly with would REALLY make it realistic, that'd be cool. Thanks for your hard work and posting the results. Much appreciated!
Old 07-23-2008, 08:44 AM
wildwilly

i use my dx6 with realflight and it made a huge difference for me using the remote i fly with. Its probably the next bext thing to using the sim.
Old 12-31-2009, 09:22 AM
jawarejj

I have a DX5e and the channel in the EMU are:

X1= 24
Y1= 28
X2= 0
Y2= 20

I hope it helps.

ORIGINAL: Dynamic

So I'm starting to get braver with my trex. Doing flips and barrels. Was doing some fast circles and my gyro was being all weird, but I think I figured that out to a bad dual rate when in stunt mode. Pilot error earned my first crash, looked down at my remote to adjust a setting, looked back up, lost perspective, SMASH. Hit the ground hard, glad I configured my throttle hold yesterday.

Broken

That stupid plastic tail slider linkage (that part sucks I need an upgraded tail piece)
tailboom from blade strike
spindle
main gear
main shaft

Not that bad...but first crash makes me sad. LHS doesn't open till tuesday so I had some time to kill. Well I've been flying my G3 with a playstation controller and it worked, but it wasn't as realistic as it could be. So I figured I'd take my DX7 and see if I could get it to work. Downloaded PPJOY and SmartPropoPlus (and RCaudio for visualization). Plugged my earphone to earphone cable into my mic port and my DSC port and got started.

PPJOY settings

axis1 = rudder
axis2 = throttle
axis3 = Y axis
axis4 = X axis

SmartPropoPlus

PPM (generic) auto detect
microphone
PPJoy extension
(no esky ccpm mixing filter)

G3 dongle emulator

X1 axis = 2
Y1 axis = 24
X2 axis = 18
Y2 axis = 0

Took me a while to decipher those settings to get my raw channels to work in G3. After the raw channels work however its just a matter of setting your channel mapping and calibrating. Now my DX7 works perfectly with G3 with no extra cords or BS (and to think I almost bought the darn thing).

So the bad news is I gotta wait for parts for my heli. The good news is that I can CONFIRM DX7's working with G3, and the ugly...well lets just say my stripped rex aint a thing of beauty right now.

-{additional notes}-
A bunch of you are probably going to ***** about me stealing G3, save your breath I don't care and I'm not going to argue with you.
-
Old 12-31-2009, 10:12 AM
noobflyer01

I hate to break this to you but this thread is almost 3 years old.   lol
Old 01-01-2010, 12:39 PM
jawarejj

Well ... even 3 years old was useful to me and probably other people
Old 03-05-2010, 02:13 PM
blackcaz

ORIGINAL: jawarejj

Well ... even 3 years old was useful to me and probably other people
i have some problem setting up my dx7 and emu 3.3 , using rf4.5
do u use the mono cable ?