Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
Reload this Page >

T-rex 450 SE what battery should i buy

Community
Search
Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

T-rex 450 SE what battery should i buy

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2007, 11:48 AM
Flyboywbl

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: T-rex 450 SE what battery should i buy

I thought the ESC that came with the SE has a voltage cutoff.
Old 04-01-2007, 09:44 PM
blacksheep1998

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It does, I am using the 35G BEC/ESC and it has low, mid, hihg batt protection. I have been running with mid-protection for a while now with no troubles. And contrary to another post I read, you can start with a half dead pack and it still works fine, it still cuts off at the specified voltage.

Pete
Old 04-01-2007, 09:45 PM
bobthehobo9

another vote for the Thunder Power 11.1v 2100mAh
Old 04-01-2007, 09:51 PM
blacksheep1998

I have been using the APEX 2100 15C batts. One is bad already, so going to plan on replacing with 2 of the DN 20C batteries several others have mentioned.

Pete
Old 04-02-2007, 08:36 AM
robotronski

ORIGINAL: rcfreakazoid

has anyone checked this place out[link]http://www.all-battery.com/[/link]
Yeah I'm flying their 15C 2100mAh packs with a 450SA - Astro O20 Motor w/ 335's

No heavy 3D as I'm still a rookie so far. I fly for 8 minutes and packs still have 11.5 volts when I land. Nowhere near hot at all, but you can tell they are warm though. These"Tenergy" packs have an obvious gap/air-space between the cells, not entirely shrink wrapped like some brands and I think that aids in in-flight cooling myslef.

The 2100 packs fit the Trex battery mount perfectly and my CG is dead on as well.

They always have discounts and specials on free shipping too.

Also I had one of their smart chargers have a switch failure out of warranty and they sent me a new one anyhow. Nice of them to do that.

I have had nothing but good transactions with this vendor, and I buy all my batteries there now.

Even bough a solar panel with my last order to experiment with as a remote field charger. We'll see how that project turns out.

Best of luck to ya'

Robo
Old 04-05-2007, 02:11 PM
eitanh53

i ALSO vote for the Thunder Power 11.1v - my first battery was 2100mAh after that I bought 2070 extreme man you MUST buy one. This is 25c battery AMAZING power.
Old 04-05-2007, 02:20 PM
ct420

ORIGINAL: ct420

Hows about a 20C for $32.00?

https://www.unitedhobbies.com/UNITED...idProduct=2045

I've heard that these Hextronix batts. are actually TP cells rebranded. I have no idea if that is actually true or not, but I have found several good reports about them. Of course, mostly from people who are newer to helis, but they all say that they work well.

I've been planning to order one and see how it stacks up. Of course, the main drawback is the wait. They are always on backorder, so it can take 2-3 weeks to get it from what I hear...

I have an update about this battery. I ordered one, and it arrived the other day. It was on backorder for about 2 weeks, then took almost 2 weeks to arive from HK once it was shipped. It arrived well packed and in good condition.

I've only been through two cycles so far, but so far I am VERY impressed with this battery. It has more power than a TP Pro-lite 16C 2100 for sure, and it gets just barely warm to the touch after 10mins. The TP batteries get very warm (almost hot) when I fly them.

Old 04-05-2007, 08:00 PM
devmode

These are the batteries I am running:

Backgroud: Just barely sport flying on a T-Rex SE V2

2 DN Power 2150mAh 20c - So far they are great. They don't heat up like the others. A little bit larger than some 2100's (guess because it is a 2150). I haven't run them a lot yet, but I like them.

1 Thunder Power 2100mAh 15c cont/ 24c burst - not bad. I have't been able to push it in extreme flight yet, but I am not overly impressed considering its price tag and flight times I have had from other batteries.

1 Align High Power 2100mAh 22c - So far so good. Equal or better flight times with the Thunder Power.

1 Align High Power 2100mAh 20C - Sorry just got it .. I will let you know.

1 Sonix 2200mAh 15C - I was actually impressed with this one. I got it kind of cheap. It is surely heavier and bigger, but flight times in normal flight are really great. It gets a little warm and I watch it because of that, but so far I am glad I bought it. This battery is the one I look to keep the bird in the sky for a while. A good trainer battery.

2 E-Fly branded art-tech 1300mAh - These are actually for my Falcon 3D, but I run then on my T-Rex every now and then just to practice. Sometimes they are fine to hover a bit - other times I can barely get the bird off the ground.
Old 04-13-2007, 03:09 AM
Flyboywbl

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

alright so today i tryed to loop for the first time with the T-rex (I have done it before in my sceadu but very VERY high up). I did one loop just fine but i tryed to another and the mains boged down and i put the chopper in the ground. When i ordered new parts i ordered two new thunder tiger extream batteries at 25C. these should have more than enough power to do all the 3d i can throw at it. Also one of the sonix 15C batteries has crapped out on me after only five charges. I'm using the equinox charger with a triton and the battery says OPEN CIrcut and won't charge it. The balancer won't balance it. I'm just going to throw it away but it just occured to me that i probibly just can't throw a Lipo battery in the trash. Is there a place where i can take it to be desposed of?. Any way the parts and new batteries should be here tomorrow. These batteries better be the bomb for 80 bucks a piece. Oh well i guess you get what you pay for in this hobby.
Old 04-14-2007, 09:59 AM
Hexacer

Would like some help.

If I were to buy the Align batteries

http://www.grandrc.com/inc/sdetail/38956

what charger would fit them, charge/discharge and balance the cells?

Would this do the trick?

http://www.*********.com.au/store/pr...c179c924388cd3

Thanks,

Tj.
Old 04-14-2007, 11:58 AM
stevennh

I am flying a 450SA (no 3D, just flying around). I have two TP 2100 15C packs and two "MegaPower" 2100 15C packs. I can't tell the difference other than the MegaPower packs cost $40.00 and the TPs go for almost twice that. The TP packs are just a bit smaller and a bit lighter, but they both have the same flight times and seem to deliver plenty of punch. I am flying with the 3550 Align motor and the 35A Align ESC with a 13T pinion. I purchased the Mega Power packs from heli-direct.com last year for my Falcon-3d. They have quite a few flights on them without issue so far. I am using a cheap Align balance charger on them and have a low voltage alarm on my SA set to 10.2V.

Don't get a charger that does not balance your cells. The Align RCC-3CX works fine and is around $50.00 most places. It only charges at 1A and works on AC but I with four batteries the long charge times don't really bother me.

Steve
Old 04-16-2007, 10:51 PM
ERIC108

I want to here more about these 32.00 20c.