Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
Reload this Page >

Futaba T6XA S pitch curves for Trex

Community
Search
Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

Futaba T6XA S pitch curves for Trex

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2007, 08:45 PM
Crabstick

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba T6XA S pitch curves for Trex

Yesterday it was blowing about 100kmh winds so i tried flying the trex inside, Now im new to flying the trex and i find it a twitchy little so and so, anyhoo, not wanting to wreck things i didnt fly in idle up, which i normally do, i managed to get it to hover, with a lot less headspeed than i usually fly with Ive found i wreck less stuff not flying in idle up, basically all i need to do is turn the pitch for idle and normal down , the T6XA's i have, has 3 curves and each is adjustable on each side of the 123 points that it has (displayed on the lcd), only i dont really understand why each curve point has a high and lowside, can anyone share with me their curves or some advice to setting up this radio, the manual is pretty much useless

when flying it yesterday i turned the gyro Gain down up as i was flying at lower rpms, when I went to fly today in idle up i had too much headspeed/tailrotor speed and the Gain was too high... , so i think if i can get the pitch turned down for idle and hover settings i can get a little more headspeed before lifting off
Old 05-28-2007, 06:30 PM
HeliTB

Default RE: Futaba T6XA S pitch curves for Trex

If you have a 450SA/SE you want to setup your pitch curve using a pitch guage and the specification outlined in the manual. Idle Up 1/2 should be somwhere between -/+9 to -/+11.

Since you are new your normal curve should be -3 0 +9
Old 05-29-2007, 01:40 AM
Crabstick

thanks for the reply, ok i actually need to know what each value + and - on each side of the PI-N, PI-I, PI-H, settings in the menu of the tx , i messed with it a bit but didnt quite get the desired result..

it is better, but i dont really understand what i adjusted ,Had 2 outdoor flights today, one went very well, the other i was doing some slow forward flight and it got a gust of wind under the copter gained a lot of alt really quick, , flying in idle up i dumped a bit of pitch, then went down to about 1 foot above the ground into a hover, got caught by another gust and tipped me over just as i was coming down to land, i didnt flick idle off quick enough and mashed a few parts.. these trex tailbooms are weak for CF , has anyone tried replaing one with just a peice of CF tube cut to length?
Old 05-29-2007, 10:22 AM
evan-RCU

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: HeliTB

If you have a 450SA/SE you want to setup your pitch curve using a pitch guage and the specification outlined in the manual. Idle Up 1/2 should be somwhere between -/+9 to -/+11.

Since you are new your normal curve should be -3 0 +9

Between 9 and 11... I have mine at 11 (new, flown twice) and the throttle at 100, 95, 90, 95, 100 and want more head speed for faster flips, piros..

What do you have yours set up to and what kind of flying do you do?
Old 05-29-2007, 08:49 PM
Crabstick

im a learner, just hovering and slow forward flight at the moment, trying to avoid crashes as they are getting expensive.

i need help from someone with a T6XH S or something. My pitch in idle up is fine, but im wrecking stuff crashing in idle up mode, as i cant get off the switch quick enough if i crash.. I Need to figure out how to change the pitch in normal mode to give me less pitch at more throttle if that makes sense, its not a matter of measuring the pitch, but actually changing the setting on the TX i need help with