Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
Reload this Page >

TREX 450 and Walkera G-006 gyro

Community
Search
Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

TREX 450 and Walkera G-006 gyro

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2007, 12:56 AM
Crabstick

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TREX 450 and Walkera G-006 gyro

Before anyone shouts "401" at me, I will add that I am saving for a 401 and digital servo - the accountant (the mrs) is inhibiting cashflow at the moment.

I got a walkera gyro for next to nothing, it has a AVCS heading lock mode. I thought, 'hell yea' thats me, but it roasted my servo. As i messed around with it on the ground, i have replaced the servo, turned off the avcs and am in normal mode, which actually flies ok, but it does get a bit of drift.

do I need a digital servo to use avcs on the wk gyro ?
How many of you have used this gyro in AVCS mode ? what servo survived
Can I use a digital servo on this gyro?

Thanks

lol edited
Old 06-12-2007, 02:10 AM
TrumpetRhapsody

Default RE: TREX 450 and Walkera G-006 gyro

What's "servo ass"? Lol j/k.

Digital servos are nice, sure, but they don't really help much with the G006 (yes, i've tried). I'll be honest, I haven't had any luck getting my G006 to work in AVCS mode, with ANY servo. Doesn't matter if you center it perfectly in normal mode then switch over, after about 20 seconds of sitting doing nothing it'll start drifting. I can't get it not to drift, no matter what I do. You can try getting a Towerpro SG50 for it, since alot of people I talk to say it works for them, but I can't say it has worked for me in AVCS. If you're actually frying servos you might try turning the sensitivity down some, you may be over-stressing them. I'd suggest you just use normal mode till the accountant approves your expenditure.
Old 06-12-2007, 02:53 AM
soneebee

The G006 gyro is okay... it does hold on AVCS.. not really on the servo type you ar using but on the setup. The G006 is okay.. not sure if you its good to use a digital servo on it since its not designed to run one.. its similar to the Gy240.. its slow on rudder responses... but its good on holding. The drift is kinda inherent to this pyzo type gyros. its no only the walkera ones but also other brands.. the one thing that the GY401/GY240 gyros seem to be good at is holding it rock solid without the drift, its the design of the gyro chip itself. adding a cushion on the chip to relieve it with vibrations sure works wonders.. similar to the JRG500T ring gyro.. with the ring that acts as a dampener....

I guess if you really are looking for a gyro that will hold steady as a GY401 it will not be on a G006 or G007... its not a perfect gyro and cannot relieve itself from the vibrations... if you can ride it on a very stable helis without even micro vibes.. it will hold steady...
Old 06-12-2007, 04:49 AM
Crabstick

ok so for now im probably best to leave it in normal mode and not roast any more servos avcs style