Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
Reload this Page >

T-rex 600, Raptor 50 or Hurricane 550?

Community
Search
Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

T-rex 600, Raptor 50 or Hurricane 550?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2007, 05:19 PM
RS2K
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T-rex 600, Raptor 50 or Hurricane 550?

I'm finally breaking down and am going to have to get a helicopter. I'm looking at the Raptor 50, the T-rex 600, and the Hurricane 550. I have a lot of experience with the raptor 50 but I don't really want to deal with the mess of a nitro unless electrics just aren't ready for me yet.

How does the T-Rex 600 fly compared to a Raptor 50? How about the Hurricane 550?

I am leaning towards the Hurricane 550 because of the cost of lipos but has anyone been using the new A123 li-ion packs? A T-Rex 600 with three A123 packs seems to be a decent and affordable solution.

Oh, and flying in wind is going to be an everyday occurrence. 10-15 mph on average, and 20 -30 mph when I just feel like flying no matter what.
Old 09-02-2007, 06:06 PM
W4RCF

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: T-rex 600, Raptor 50 or Hurricane 550?

I have the TRex 600 and really love it. My first heli and so far I haven't hurt it. I've been flying it for about 5 months and it is one smooth ship. The biggest cost in electric is the lipos but look at nitro for $19 a gallon and no mess to clean up. It's an easy choice, especially if you did happen to crash into dirt.