Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
Reload this Page >

CopterX vs Trex 450SE

Community
Search
Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

CopterX vs Trex 450SE

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2008, 09:49 AM
soneebee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: CopterX vs Trex 450SE

eeeclaire69... congrats on your loops... Happy New Year!!!...
Old 01-01-2008, 12:24 PM
eeeclaire69

Thanks soneebee and a happy new year to you. For my next trick...................................... a role.
Old 01-07-2008, 12:31 PM
eeeclaire69

Ok. Have done a few loops and a few rolls, and now for the rebuild.......
Got the sun in my eyes and planted it hard in idle up. I was very supprised to see the minimal damage though. A bent main shaft & feathering spindle, a stripped main gear and 1 x cyclic servo gear set (HS65HB). And thats it, tail boom, main blades (fibre glass), frames etc... all ok. I crashed in to fairly soft ground but i am amazed at the strength of this little machine!
Old 01-30-2008, 10:09 PM
goldslinger

Where is the best place for CopterX parts?

Gary
Old 01-31-2008, 06:45 PM
soneebee

Wow you got lucky.. only minimal broken parts... hehe...

ORIGINAL: eeeclaire69

Ok. Have done a few loops and a few rolls, and now for the rebuild.......
Got the sun in my eyes and planted it hard in idle up. I was very supprised to see the minimal damage though. A bent main shaft & feathering spindle, a stripped main gear and 1 x cyclic servo gear set (HS65HB). And thats it, tail boom, main blades (fibre glass), frames etc... all ok. I crashed in to fairly soft ground but i am amazed at the strength of this little machine!
Old 02-01-2008, 02:06 PM
eeeclaire69

Hi, most parts for the CopterX / Trex450 / HDX450 are available almost anywhere her in the UK. There is a seller on e-bay, i think it is besthobbysite?????? in Hong Kong. Hope this helps.
Old 02-02-2008, 08:24 AM
matador_24

www.ehirobo.com
You WON'T find better prices
Old 02-02-2008, 11:17 AM
myatesklan

ORIGINAL: bry14661

bottom line. the copterx is a mix between the SE and SA align. it has a lot of the aluminium so thats good. The quality is better than the align in most cases you will find. The gear run is truer. The head i have had a lot less binding issues than the align. the rest of the parts have been equal in quality but definatly not less. Yes ive had an align. and YES i do own the copterx currently and am happier that i went this route. Its much less expensive and you will find you sacrafice nothing. You might be surprised to see guys out there use copterx parts to replace broken parts on there trex when they crash. hope this helps and dont forget to look at the HDX450, they say thats just plain better than the align and ive seen a few others popping up recently as well.

Good to know. I am wondering if the CopterX SE V2 on the Ehirobo website comes with an aluminum case and the electronics or not? I couldn't tell from their description. I have heard others mention that it did, but I am not sure if they paid more than the $189 or not.

I don't mean to hijack this thread, but the title fits. Hope this is ok.

Thanks,
Matt

TRex 450 SA
JR DS285 Digital servos for cyclic
JR DS3400G for tail
Logitech LT2100 gyro
Stock Align electronics
Long Max 2250 25C Lipos
Old 02-02-2008, 11:40 AM
eeeclaire69

I forgot about ehirobo, thats where i got my heli from! The service was very good and very cheap, took about a week to deliver to the UK.
Old 02-06-2008, 09:32 AM
choyado

I have some good news. My CopterX order is due in tomorrow the 6th. This order contains over 100 helicopters including the CopterX 200. The order also includes a full stock of upgrade and crash parts. All of the parts have not been added to the site but will be in stock. If you need a specific item feel free to contact me from the website. Any CopterX orders placed this week will be shipped by friday.

[link=http://www.electronhobby.com]Electron Hobby[/link]
Old 02-06-2008, 11:58 AM
mensaboy

ORIGINAL: choyado

I have some good news. My CopterX order is due in tomorrow the 6th. This order contains over 100 helicopters including the CopterX 200. The order also includes a full stock of upgrade and crash parts. All of the parts have not been added to the site but will be in stock. If you need a specific item feel free to contact me from the website. Any CopterX orders placed this week will be shipped by friday.

[sm=thumbup.gif][sm=thumbup.gif][sm=thumbup.gif]

good to see someone in the US get some of the stock in, tho i think your main rotor head price is a bit steep, you can get that in 5-7 days from hong kong for only $79 - everything else seems fair enough (i actually used the cheapest shipping and received my rotor head in 7 days for a cost of $67)

also, will you replace missing/broken/defect parts if they are found to be in the kits? - this is the real advantage of purchasing it domestically IMO
Old 02-06-2008, 12:16 PM
choyado

ORIGINAL: mensaboy

ORIGINAL: choyado

[sm=thumbup.gif][sm=thumbup.gif][sm=thumbup.gif]

good to see someone in the US get some of the stock in, tho i think your main rotor head price is a bit steep, you can get that in 5-7 days from hong kong for only $79 - everything else seems fair enough (i actually used the cheapest shipping and received my rotor head in 7 days for a cost of $67)

also, will you replace missing/broken/defect parts if they are found to be in the kits? - this is the real advantage of purchasing it domestically IMO
Yes, I will offer warrantee service for defective parts. If you have a defective part when ordering from overseas it is almost never worth it to return the part for warrantee service. If anyone has an issue with a helicopter I will send out replacement parts right away. You may pay a bit more when buying through my website than ehirobo but, I think most people would agree that it is worth it, and still much cheaper than Align parts. Something else that I have to offer is experience and tech support which is something that you will never get through ehirobo.
Old 03-16-2008, 10:15 AM
Short Flight

There are more US distributors coming on line... good indication that these are decent machines.

I just purchsed a CX 450SE V2 from U S Hobby Supply in MD. I have no affiliation except that I have been buying parts and supplies from them for my Falcon 40 FP and can vouch for excellent service and quick shipments. Give him a list of components you need (CX, motor, esc, etc.) and he will put togehter a package deal for you. He made me an offer I couldn't refuse!
Old 03-17-2008, 09:15 PM
JackStar07

Gentlmen,

Got few questions here:

1. Can CopterX v2 parts used to replace those of Trex 450SA? How about upgrading it to Trex450SE v2 (newer rotorhead design than Trex450SE)?

2. How much price difference (translated into savings) are we talking about here - CopterX v2 vs. Trex 450SE v2 combo kits? Pls. enumerate/itemize the figures if possible.

3. Whom of the U.S. suppliers/LHS carry CopterX kits & parts?

Thanks.
Old 03-17-2008, 09:45 PM
Elgreco3

For the SA you'd have to stick to v1 copter x parts, unless you change completely major parts like the whole head assembly let's say.

Main gears and feathering shaft are different too, but for the most part everything else is the same.

I had an SA and after each crash I completely upgraded to metal head and tail with the copter x parts. Cost half the money.

Right now I have a copter x v2 frame kit with align electronics and good servo setup. I saved about 200 bucks at least.

The copter x comes with metal parts, the SA doesn't, and the v2 trex costs alot more than the copter x.

Go to Ehirobo and check out the copter x prices and then compare to the align kits anywhere. Just don't buy the cheap electronics.
Old 03-27-2008, 12:23 AM
RC David

I'm going to jump in here with a 3rd choice (hope you don't mind).

I'm a new Heli pilot and after flying a Blade CX-2 for 4 months upgraded to a Thunder Tiger E325 mini-Titan. The MT is GREAT however it's head is all plastic and now I'm thinking about what to get for a 2nd heli. I can hover nose out pretty well and I'm starting to hover side in. My spaces to fly at home are a little confining so I'm probably going to stick with a 450 size for now. I saw this thread and thought I'd ask your opinions. I would prefer the dealer be in the USA.

For a "newbie" that wants to have cheap (and compatible) parts if possible, would you choose:

A) Mini-Titan SE (fully upgraded head, CF blades etc. but EXPENSIVE $430.00+)

B) T-Rex 450 SE V2

C) Copter X SE

D) HDX450 SE

E) something else.

Any and all input is appreciated.

Dave D.

ps. yes, I'm addicted to helis ;-)
Old 03-27-2008, 01:27 AM
srouthouse

get the trex v2 or the copterx v2 both excellent birds there is a hair more quality in the trex then copterx but its small differences.

trex is only 40 dollars more then the copterx, rite now i own a alignX lol and use both parts
Old 03-27-2008, 02:36 AM
crimsonrain22

IM in the same boat, I fly a Trex 450S GF. Pretty much a SA with a fiberglass frame instead of aluminum. Well I had one nasty crash with it. The Screw that holds the ball on the blade holder came off while I was about 40 feet up inverted. So I ordered the CopterX V2 Head and tail for it. Should be here in about a Week I cant wait. Everything said for the price I couldnt pass it up the full head was about 6.00 more then the plastic parts to fix mine would have cost.
Old 04-17-2008, 10:27 AM
rftusa2008

Guys...question for you. I have CX450SEV2 from ehirobo. I also have TREX450SEV2. The one way bearing shaft of the CX is stuck in the main shaft. I can't get it off. I don't have problem with the TREX. Do you have similar problem and how do you remove it. The head assembly and gear are not attached to the frame. Thanks in advance.
Old 04-26-2008, 07:33 PM
rc-jj

question guys: ... when i fly my CX450SE after about 5 minutes of flight it makes a high pitch squeeling sound - almost like metal against metal ..i inspect it and it does not show any obvious wear on any of the parts ... all the stuff on it is stock from Ehirobo ...any suggestions ideas ect?

mucho thanks
Old 04-27-2008, 01:18 AM
eeeclaire69

I had the same problem with my copter x and have seen it with some others too. It makes a high pitch squeel like metal on metal from the rotor head only at about 6 degrese pitch and high rotor speed but i never found what was causing it! I ignored it for a while and now it doesnt do it anymore. I am not saying you should ignore it because it may not be the same problem as mine but it does sound similar.
Ian
Old 04-27-2008, 01:31 AM
flyerbug686

Ive been told by two fellow pilotsthat they cant eaven tell the difference. They are both veteran pilots and use identical setups for both the Copterr X and the TRex SE V2. With identical electronix they eaven sound exactly the same. Im going to get one to add to my fleet, and I will set it up like my V2 SE.

May the weather be with you.

Bug
Old 04-27-2008, 12:52 PM
rc-jj

thanks for the response - i will check over everything again and see how if i can pinpoint anything - if not i will fly and hold my breath and hope the Rc -heli gods are with me .... so did you go thru and put locktitie on all your screws?
Old 04-27-2008, 02:52 PM
eeeclaire69

1st thing i did with my copter x was to remove every nut and bolt and locktite them back in, so far only one of the canopy mounting pegs has come loose but thats about it though. it has proven tp be a superb heli so far!
Old 04-27-2008, 04:36 PM
rc-jj

i guess i need to stop putting it off and get on this then ... thanks for all your advise

ciao

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.