Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

which motor

Old 10-27-2007, 02:47 PM
oly_rcer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default which motor

hello i've just purchased a 450 sa arf kit it comes with a 430l 3550kv motor i also have an esky 3800 kv 310watt motor laying around any idea which motor would be better in the rex and what possible pinion gears?thx ho yeah i also have an rcsmart 4200 bl motor laying around also any ideas on it?currently in my hb king 2
Old 10-28-2007, 11:04 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 343 Likes on 274 Posts
Default RE: which motor

KV = rpm per volt supplied to the motor so higher = better but that effects your pinion choice or you can start overheating stuff and I'm not an expert when it comes to all the little nuances of pinion/motor choice.

I can tell you the stock motor with a 13t pinion flys just fine, thats what I used in the review thats in the magazine section.
Old 10-28-2007, 11:08 AM
bbike

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: which motor

i use my 430xl with 13t pinion as well, and my temps are always in range. I would start with the 430l and then try the higher kv one.