Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
Reload this Page >

throttle/pitch curves?

Community
Search
Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

throttle/pitch curves?

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2007, 11:29 AM
thestratcat
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default throttle/pitch curves?

I'm finally understanding them, but still can't get my t-rex to handle quite the way I'd like, when I cut back any on the throttle it drops like a rock, it has to be my curves, so I was wondering if some of you guys could post yours so I have something to try, I think I have mine way out of whack now...

I'm using a futaba 6exh transmitter..

thanks!!!
Old 11-26-2007, 11:49 AM
rlsloan

Default RE: throttle/pitch curves?

Before you think about curves, set up your machine as described in finless bob's videos ccpm1 and ccpm2. Then set your normal (hover) mode to give you -2 degrees pitch at 0% throttle and +11 degrees at 100% throttle. If you followed bob's videos precisely, your pitch curve will be 40%, 45%, 50%, 75%, 100% at throttle curve 0,25,50,75,100. In idle 1 (3D or aerobatics), your pitch would be 0%, 25%, 50%, 75%, 100% at throttle 100,95,90,95,100. If this doesn't make sense, look at bob's "curves" video.
Old 11-26-2007, 11:56 AM
thestratcat

I've watched the videos and am set up that way, but I'm not liking it, I'm wondering if someonoe has something that I like better, his videos are just starting points.

what I'm really interested is in points 3,4 and 5
Old 11-26-2007, 01:54 PM
TheBum

I've been tweaking my Normal mode throttle curve for my Diablo and now have it up to 0-70-90-95-100. My associated pitch curve is 40-45-50-75-100. That combination gives me extra head speed at slightly negative pitch to help bring the heli down in case the wind starts taking it, as well as some extra punch to stop descent in case it's coming down too quickly.
Old 11-26-2007, 11:26 PM
thestratcat

thanks man, I'll try that and see what I think..
Old 11-27-2007, 06:40 PM
gnd2

I tried the 40% / 45% / 50% / 75% / 100% type pitch curve and didn't really like it either at this stage in my flying. It is very sensitive to throttle stick movement.

After some reading and some consideration on my own part, I figure that this setup may be good when you're at the level of doing 3D flying because it makes the transition smooth between normal mode and idle up. But if you just want to do steady hover it's not necessarily the best setup. So for the time being I've set up a straight line starting from a little below 50% (couple degrees negative pitch) up to 100% (whatever the points in the middle work out to, can't remember off the top of my head). This tames the collective down much more making it less touchy and easier for me to control at this point. I figure as I move more towards more advanced maneuvers I can slowly bring that middle point down closer and closer to the hokey stick shape ( __/ more or less) that the others are using.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:49 PM
thestratcat

that's kind of where I'm at, I don't like the touchy setup right now.. maybe later, but what I'm also trying to minimize changes, so I guess I'll have to make the choice of one or the other here.