Community
Search
Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

Maiden flight

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2007, 11:11 PM
nitrohog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Maiden flight

I just wanted to share that I successfully maidened my Trex 450SE V2 tonight. I spent countless hours on here and on helifreak trying to get this thing setup and it paid off. I spooled up and lifted off and with very little trim she was flying hands off. I can't believe how the GY401 and s9650 work together and make the tail rock solid no matter what I do and I haven't seen anything go straight up that fast seince I popped a baloon next our sleeping cat. I didn't get too carried away, mostly a steady hover, but I can allready tell that this is a great preforming bird. So with that I need to thank all of you for your help and for the bantering telling me (and everyone elese) to "just get a Trex and get it over with".
Old 12-26-2007, 11:23 PM
W4RCF

Default RE: Maiden flight

I can see you right now -- like Snoopy from Peanuts -- jumping for joy! Great feeling when they do right! Congratulations
Old 12-27-2007, 01:58 AM
PaulG-RC

ORIGINAL: nitrohog

I just wanted to share that I successfully maidened my Trex 450SE V2 tonight. I spent countless hours on here and on helifreak trying to get this thing setup and it paid off. I spooled up and lifted off and with very little trim she was flying hands off. I can't believe how the GY401 and s9650 work together and make the tail rock solid no matter what I do and I haven't seen anything go straight up that fast seince I popped a baloon next our sleeping cat. I didn't get too carried away, mostly a steady hover, but I can allready tell that this is a great preforming bird. So with that I need to thank all of you for your help and for the bantering telling me (and everyone elese) to "just get a Trex and get it over with".
Congratulation I did too yesterday and loved it too and the circuits were so smooth I could not beleive it.
Now I got 2 great helis Honey Bee King2 upgraded and the T-Rex 450 Se V2 carbon fiber blades.

Old 12-27-2007, 04:40 AM
madmodelman

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm really glad you listened, are'nt they wonderful little birds?
Great feeling when that happens, well done, Gary.
Old 12-27-2007, 01:15 PM
J-MICHAEL

Nitrohog--

Congratulations....So much better than our CPP's huh ?! I remember your vid on the E-Flite forum of your CPP for a motionless/hands off hover...I just also did my maiden flight with my Trex about a week ago or so. Crazy stability there...! I'am so impressed with it. And it's only an SA...Definately shooting for the SE V2 in time.

Have a good one,

-- Jeff
Old 12-27-2007, 06:30 PM
nitrohog

Way better than the CPP and about as stable as my Hirobo Shuttle Z .32, I lifted off and I was in shock thinking when is it going to try to fly off on its own. Hopefully I will be able to wring her out a little more tomorow and see what she can really do. BTW I can't believe how solid the 401 holds... still. Thanks for the support guys
Old 12-27-2007, 06:37 PM
PaulG-RC

Ok guys need your opinions here for my Blue Airwolf T-Rex I'm thinking of doing this, I only have the logo and Aeromedic to do if I go that way.
Maybe with some inputs I could think of something else
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp44142.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	25.5 KB
ID:	835156  
Old 12-28-2007, 02:39 AM
J-MICHAEL

ORIGINAL: PaulG-RC

Ok guys need your opinions here for my Blue Airwolf T-Rex I'm thinking of doing this, I only have the logo and Aeromedic to do if I go that way.
Maybe with some inputs I could think of something else

Paul--

Looks good....I'll send ya my mailing address, just ship it to me and I'll think of some ideas.....I'll return it honest.....No really..... Naw, kidding...Lol.. I have an idea however. How about some lights ?! The thing seriously already looks real ! Make it even more realistic...It's all in the details baby....! I've always liked the LiGlow kits, particulary the V2 version http://tjtrc.com/Liglow.htm I've heard of another one recently from Druss and bookmarked it. It was this one http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll..._promot_widget I think they offer a video on there.

Here's a couple You-Tube vid's however of the LiGlow kit...Pretty sure it's the V2 version on Khat's plane, and on the other gents CX2...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKwzGu1vCwQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8CON2oioNo

Anyway, have fun with that bad boy...I tell ya can't wait to get one...! I love the Augusta Fuse on Madmodelman's 600. They sure look like the real thing. My plan is that while I'am learning, I'am going use my SA currently, and as I get better I'll get a SE V2 and trick it out like the rest of you Trex heads, and then that's when I'll convert the SA into a full fuselage. Can't wait !

Have a good one,

-- Jeff
Old 12-28-2007, 02:40 AM
J-MICHAEL

Crap that last post is huge...! Don't know why...LMAO...Sorry.

-- Jeff