Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
Reload this Page >

AR 6100 not initializing?

Community
Search
Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

AR 6100 not initializing?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2008, 06:09 PM
myatesklan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AR 6100 not initializing?

Hi all,

I have a TRex with an AR6100. When I turn the DX7 on, it goes through the beep sequence up until the second beep only, then it stops altogether.

I have tried with the throttle stick all the way down and turning it on, and all the way up. No difference.

What's up?

Do I have to start over with a new model? I don't want to until I know that is a likely fix.

Thanks guys,
Matt

P.S. I have watched all the vids over and over, following them, but this still comes up, so I have tried to figure this out on my own, just need some help this time.
Old 01-04-2008, 06:52 PM
gnd2

Default RE: AR 6100 not initializing?

You're turning on the transmitter first before plugging in the power on the heli, right? Did you bind the transmitter and receiver?
Old 01-04-2008, 07:08 PM
myatesklan

Yes, I am turning the Tx on before plugging the Rx in. It has been bound. It does control all of the servos, the motor, etc. However, I am still stumped as to why it only goes through the first two beeping sequences and then stops. Is this normal? I haven't had it in the air yet. I am wondering if the stock Align gyro is not initializing properly. The rudder stick moves the tail servo properly on the bench, but that is as far as I have been willing to go until I find out more.

Thanks for the quick response,
Matt
Old 01-04-2008, 07:34 PM
BryFlyGuy67

ORIGINAL: myatesklan

Yes, I am turning the Tx on before plugging the Rx in. It has been bound. It does control all of the servos, the motor, etc. However, I am still stumped as to why it only goes through the first two beeping sequences and then stops. Is this normal? I haven't had it in the air yet. I am wondering if the stock Align gyro is not initializing properly. The rudder stick moves the tail servo properly on the bench, but that is as far as I have been willing to go until I find out more.

Thanks for the quick response,
Matt
Hi there! First of all, give us the complete setup you have. That will help.

Second, the AR6100 does NOT "beep" or make any kind of noise, no matter what you are doing. So I don't know what you are talking about.

Are you instead referring to the ESC beeps that are normal on startup? If so, what's the problem?

Your posts seem to say that everything is working, so what is the problem?

???

Bryan
Old 01-04-2008, 08:00 PM
myatesklan

Yes, you are right. Yeah, the esc beeps are what I am referring to. I have the BL35 esc. I thought from the Finless vids that upon start up, the esc was supposed to go through all five setting menus via the beeps.

Matt
Old 01-04-2008, 08:36 PM
ArrowNaughtic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know mine does with the BL35X.......... I have a TLB gyro on mine tho and it seems to arm itself independant of the ESC. I don't know if this is possible with your setup but on my HBK2 I had a loose lead from the ESc to motor and the beeps were barely audible, I had a heck of a time finding that issue. I was almost convinced my ESc was gunnybag till I decided to pull it and actually while removing themotor leads one pulled completely out of the bullet connecter.
What I have gathered from the finless vids on programming the ESC......if you power it up with the TX stick at high throttle/collective that is goes back into the program mode. Have you tried completely reprogramming the ESC yet?
Just a couple of possiblitys to consider.

__________________________________________________ ___________________________________

Of all the things I ever lost....................................... I miss my mind the most!
Old 01-04-2008, 08:49 PM
myatesklan

Thanks for the tip! It is funny you should mention the loose connection. I had to re-solder all three connections when I received the heli, they all came out. I bought it from a guy on RCU that hadn't had it in in the air yet.

I got the SA, w/ all stock electronics, a 3400g servo, nip, and 285s all the way around the collective w/ a brand new DX7. I paid $500. Do you think that was a good deal? I have seen some better, but not many.

I will double check those motor leads.

Thanks,

Matt