Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
Reload this Page >

TREX 450 V2 head MOD of 450XL HDE

Community
Search
Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

TREX 450 V2 head MOD of 450XL HDE

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 01:59 AM
AUSELECTRIC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TREX 450 V2 head MOD of 450XL HDE

Have had the Trex for about 18 month and killed the plastic head on the weekend (bent feather shaft all very nasty) happened on spool up so was on the ground at the time the rotor head let go and the blades went straight into the ground.

This is the first major incident i have had only to be told I can nolonger get upgrade parts for the HDE.
was looking at doing a conversion of the v2 head (would then have some spares when i can affort to upgrade the Heli)

Am I making this to simple or is it possible to use the V2 head on a 450XL HDE frame by just changing the swashplate

Thanks any comment would help
Old 06-25-2008, 08:46 AM
Archangel6

Default RE: TREX 450 V2 head MOD of 450XL HDE

from what I understand all that would need to change is the swashplate, I have a 450X andI was going to just buy a CCPM swash and move everything into my SE v1 frame. There is a $29.00 HDE to CDE kit that includes everything you need to convert it to eCCPM..

If I can't sell my 450X airframe and your still in the market maybe I'll sell you my HDE metal swash

RD
Old 06-26-2008, 02:53 AM
AUSELECTRIC

Default RE: TREX 450 V2 head MOD of 450XL HDE

Recieved this today from www.aircraft-world.com

You can use a TRexSE V1 head block on the plastic TRex HDE.

The swashplate does not matter to the rotor head.

The TRexSE V2 head uses a thicker feathering spindle and different dampers.

The V1 head uses the same spindle and dampers as the old TRex HDE. All SE V1 and HDE parts are interchangeable.
Except the swash is CCPM (3 points on lower swash) instead of 4, like the HDE swash that is driven by mechanical mixing.

Best Regards,

Brian
International Sales Manager, Air Craft
http://aircraft-world.com
So should be OK if I get the V1 upgrade head.

From what I know most of the users of the Trex have the CDE or V1 Head and I would hope these parts would continue to be avaliable

What are peoples thoughts on future parts availability with the introduction of the V2?

What are people doing When upgrading form the Trex SEV1 to SEV2 given the head uses a thicker feathering spindle and different dampers?