Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
Reload this Page >

Memphis Rex Flyers?

Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

Memphis Rex Flyers?

Old 07-28-2008, 12:59 AM
rager2457

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Memphis Rex Flyers?

Hello,

I'm new the Memphis area as well as the realm of TRex Flying. Only have about 10-15 flights on my rex over the last few months. But here lately after putting new blades on it been fighting a tracking problem that I'm not sure how to fix or if something else is wrong that I cant figure out. I've taken them off two or 3 times and rebalanced and put them back on and still its there. Not really sure what else to do beings Helicopter flying is so new to me. Was wondering if someone in the Memphis area would be willing to help me fix the issue and help with learning how to fly Helicopters.

Thanks
KB
Old 07-28-2008, 05:48 PM
aythomps

Default RE: Memphis Rex Flyers?

KB, this hobby can very diffcult. At helifreak.com, a guy name Bob finless have some videos that show how the setup heli. there is one call blade tracking 101. There are two linkage on the blade grip, they are small. You use the linkage to ajust for tracking problem. You may already know this, but here it is again. Put two different color tape on the blades. Which everyone is low use that blade grip linkage to decrease or increase the pitch to make it travel in the same plane. Also there alot setup video on youtube.com.
Old 07-28-2008, 06:07 PM
airjawed

I live in Memphis... have been flying since December.... let me know if you wanna fly together sometime or if you just need advice!! I'm not a pro at flying yet... I can do some figure eights and have done flips... but I do know how to put these heli's together by now!!
Old 07-28-2008, 09:29 PM
rager2457

aythomps - Thanks for the information I used those when I orginnally built my Rex and through setting up my Rex. But I unfortunantly hit a blade the other day and since then the tracking has been wrong and the motor gets to hot in my oppinnion compared to previously. When I put the blades on the balancer they balance perfect but when they are on the heli and spinning it takes 3 pieces of trim tape on the CG to bring the blade into the same plan. I fill this to be excessive and thats why I question if something else is wrong but I'm not sure what else to do to fix the issue. Thanks for the sudjestion though.

airjawed - Hey thanks maybe we can get together and possibly do some flying. Where do you fly at here in memphis? I just have 1 battery pack so was just hovering it around the backyard then going back inside But unfortunatly I'm moving this weekend and loosing my backyard flying lol. Right now I'm pretty decent at Tail In hovering and basic forward flight and backwards flight so to say but when it comes down to side in or even nose in forget it . I havnt even used the Idle 1 switch yet lol. I'll pm you my email address and maybe get together after the move and possibly do some flying .

Thanks guys