Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
Reload this Page >

Before I make the plunge

Community
Search
Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

Before I make the plunge

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2008, 03:15 PM
dodgemcopter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Before I make the plunge

G'day guys, am looking to buy the Trex. Was going to look at 500/600 nitro but have made the choice of 450 electric as it suits where I fly and Trex parts are available localy. Two questions I'd like to ask those who use the is, the 450seV2 is $270 extra over th XL but is super sexy as I will most likely upgrade the head if I get XL. off the wall 3D flying is not my caper but a few loops and barrel rolls will be in the mix. as far as looks go it mostlikely will get covered with a body. So i guess one question would be an XL + metal head still comes in $100+ cheaper than SE, does it NEED the carbon bla bla bla to fly well and the last question some may not like..............could the radio gear from an Esky King2 do the job for a while, indoor hovering and ff, until the wallet gets full again?
Old 07-26-2008, 06:41 PM
aythomps

Default RE: Before I make the plunge

I just got my fisrt 450SE heli which is the EXI450 from Xheli.com. It is a copy of the TREX450SE. I begin flying the Walkera 4, 36. The Esky electronic can work only if you not having gitches. I wanted the V2 too, but got the SE standard. The SE part are ready available and cheap. I hope to upgrade to cnc head and tail too. Got the 450SE so the wife would not said much about the cost. They both from what I seen fly about same, the carbon will made the heli lite verse the metal frame/tail boom. I found that the CopterX is a copy of the 450SE, the cnc head and tail fit the TRex450SE. There a site on the net that got the head complete for $70.00 and the tail complete for $39.00. If you go with the 450SE and decide to upgrade later. I'm using the DX6 TX and AR600 RX with the S75 Servos.
Old 07-26-2008, 06:56 PM
evdreamer

The transmitter might not work. The aileron servos are in front compared to the back on a HBK2, so the elevator mix might be backwards and I don't think you can change that with the stock HBK2 transmitter.
Old 07-26-2008, 09:13 PM
noobflyer01

you cant really change the swash mixes on the stock esky tx. programming is extremely limit as it is design for the heli it was made for. but who knows maybe it will work as long as the swash mix is correct.
Old 07-26-2008, 09:50 PM
dodgemcopter

Thanks guys, will do some more readin
Old 07-27-2008, 02:07 AM
aythomps

Hi guys, I seen a guy video on the net using esky eletronics in a TREX450. It was flying great too with no problems. I think you can use it, if you get the servos working the right way by reversing the ones that need reverse. Also, if you using the Esky TX and RX. I going to try and find that video.
Old 07-27-2008, 03:29 AM
wildwilly

you definitely don't need all the carbon fibre fancy parts for the trex to fly well but having the metal head and a decent gyro certainly helps when it comes to mild stunts/3D. I would suggest getting a trex clone so you can have all the metal head/tail parts aswell for a similar price to the XL, and so you would have more meny to spend on other parts. I do a little 3d with my all aluminium trex using the cheap align pro wooden blades and its steady as a rock and more than responsive enough for tricks.

Edit: I just noticed you're from Aus, if you're interested you can get the CopterX450 Kit here for $205 http://electricrc.com.au/store/
Old 07-27-2008, 04:06 AM
dodgemcopter

Yeah there is a GL450 se but don't know the brand??, I know the esky radio's are'nt looked at as high end gear but it seems to do the job with the king so if it don't work backwards it don't work The main reason for trex is parts are 5mins away, mini titan bits about an hour away and the others are 3day ebay or 20yrs o/seas. The metal head realy only because the plastic bits wear out real quick and tend to break easy when comin for a landing and simply tipping over with head speed. There must be 100 views on what helicopter is best but the radio gear usually gets the same response, spektrum or jr. I spose at the end of the day it realy pays to do the talkin before the walkin, there are a lot of heli's out there that are exactly the same but several hundred dollars difference.......funny how the radio's get better the more you spend in most cases