Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
Reload this Page >

RCE550 Gyro acts wierd after crash on 450sa

Community
Search
Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

RCE550 Gyro acts wierd after crash on 450sa

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2008, 12:09 AM
cberster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RCE550 Gyro acts wierd after crash on 450sa

Have a 450SA using an RCE550 driving an S75 tail servo...no channel 5 hookup so I'm running heading hold full time. When I first set it up, it was real flaky...I had to tweak the limit/gain pots along with xmtr rudder subtrim (DX7)...forever until it finally worked. Flew it that way for 3 month..then that fateful day came when I had a blade strike and messed up the head a bit. Upon rebuilding I can not get the RCE550 to work correctly. This time I have rudder control from the DX7 until I spin up the motor...after even 20% throttle I can no longer get any rudder response. I've tried every imaginable combination of gain, limit and trim. Bypass the gyro and the rudder control works fine at all rpms. So...I dug out my old CP Pro and took the G90 off of it. Put it on the Trex and it appears to work fine(at least on the ground) I have rudder control at all rpms less than liftoff anyway, and it appears to work correctly when I give it the quick turn test to see if the Gyro will correct automatically. So 2 questions...What's going on with the RCE550 ? and dare I use the G90 ?? Thanks in advance for the help... Chuck
Old 08-22-2008, 07:02 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts
Default RE: RCE550 Gyro acts wierd after crash on 450sa

Sounds to me like the gyro got thumped.