Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
Reload this Page >

ALIGN TREX 450/500/600 ALUMINUM UPGRADES AVAILABLE - KDE DIRECT

Community
Search
Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

ALIGN TREX 450/500/600 ALUMINUM UPGRADES AVAILABLE - KDE DIRECT

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2008, 07:50 PM
kegerator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ALIGN TREX 450/500/600 ALUMINUM UPGRADES AVAILABLE - KDE DIRECT

Hey Everyone,

After alot of hard work and design effort, I'm pleased to announce the launch of KDE Direct, LLC, a company founded on producing aircraft-quality, Aluminum upgrades for the Align TREX series of helicopters. Designs are available for the TREX 450, 500, and 600E series of helicopters and I'm proud to offer these products to RC Universe. Please feel free to check out the website ([link=http://www.kdedirect.com]KDE Direct[/link]) and products can be purchased directly through the site or through online vendors listed on the homepage.

DESCRIPTION
All products are precision, CNC machined and clear anodized Aluminum 6061-T6 bottom bracket upgrades for the Align
TREX line of helicopters. These upgrades are a direct replacement for the stock Align parts, with no modification
required to the frame or landing gear. All standard hardware required is included for installation and is U.S. Made! No
cheap materials or machining; these are the highest quality, aircraft-grade RC upgrade products on the market! The
upgrades provide incredible frame stiffness with tremendous benefits – no more broken landing gear tabs, ability to use
steel or nylon screws (to prevent landing gear breakage), optimized strength and weight characteristics, increased
toughness in case of a crash, and aesthetic appeal for your helicopter!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt58688.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	20.0 KB
ID:	1014380   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zu64244.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	17.0 KB
ID:	1014381   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bg92790.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	18.0 KB
ID:	1014382   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jc85673.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	17.3 KB
ID:	1014383   Click image for larger version

Name:	Am73699.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	19.2 KB
ID:	1014384  
Old 08-18-2008, 08:45 PM
ea01bg

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: ALIGN TREX 450/500/600 ALUMINUM UPGRADES AVAILABLE - KDE DIRECT

The stock bottem plate is what 18 or 19 bucks, is lighter and will more likly than not make it through a crash. Dont worry I'm sure that thier are some Bling addicts that will put this on the Must have list.
Old 08-19-2008, 09:21 AM
kegerator

ORIGINAL: ea01bg

The stock bottem plate is what 18 or 19 bucks, is lighter and will more likly than not make it through a crash. Dont worry I'm sure that thier are some Bling addicts that will put this on the Must have list.
Although the stock bottom plates are slightly lighter (insignificant to flight performance), the primary advantage of the Aluminum is to protect the carbon-side frames and electronics in the event of a crash. The stock plastic flexes tremendously in a crash, which causes the carbon-frames to crack and shatter under impact. I've had this happen to me on numerous occassions with all three of the helicopters, which is why I designed the Aluminum frames for my own fleet and then offered them for sale to the rest of the RC market. I absolutely hate breaking a side-frame, as it's always an almost-complete rebuild when it happens. With the aluminum support structure, the chance of the side-frames breaking is greatly minimized and the overall stiffness of the helicopter is improved greatly. Although the Aluminum bottom bracket does have great bling for the helicopter, there are numerous other advantages also to upgrading from the cheap and flimsy stock plastic part.
Old 10-17-2008, 01:14 PM
kegerator

I'm pleased to announce the release of our 4th product, the KDE Direct Align TREX 500 Aluminum Battery Mount Upgrade. Made from high-grade AL 6061-T6 material and aircraft-grade machining/finishing, I'm confident this will be a big RC Helicopter hit! Check it out at http://www.kdedirect.com/500SeriesProducts.html and also please feel free to peruse the rest of the website for other designs. Products are available direct from the website or through online vendors listed under the "Vendors" tab on the homepage (www.kdedirect.com).
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay74062.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	16.6 KB
ID:	1053511   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ws56357.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	17.0 KB
ID:	1053512   Click image for larger version

Name:	Uz67700.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	18.6 KB
ID:	1053513   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ic84335.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	17.3 KB
ID:	1053514  
Old 12-12-2008, 10:12 PM
kegerator

2008 has been a great year for the continued growth of the KDE Direct brand, with the release of the new TREX 600E/ESP Aluminum Gyro Mount and full TREX 600E/ESP Upgrade Kits. Full details, specifications, and ordering information can be found through the website, http://www.kdedirect.com/, or see our latest 2008 catalog at:

http://www.kdedirect.com/PressRelease.html

Products now include a full range of upgrades for the TREX 450SEv2/SE/S/XL, TREX 500E/ESP, and TREX 600E/ESP helicopters.