Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

450 longest flight time

what is the absolute longest flight time i can get, i am doing no 3d what so ever and i am just hovering and a little forward flight....... i have a zippy 2200mAH 3s 25c battery
    what pinion
    and blades should i use

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: 450 longest flight time

anyone

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: paynezoo

what is the absolute longest flight time i can get, i am doing no 3d what so ever and i am just hovering and a little forward flight....... i have a zippy 2200mAH 3s 25c battery
    what pinion
    and blades should i use

paynezoo ~

I didn't realize your 12 years old, and I wish I would have discovered this hobby when I was that age you lucky dog ! I feel younger everyday though as I venture forward into this hobby. (38 now).

On your Trex 450 SA you can increase your flight time by reducing the number of teeth on your pinion. You'll get more flight time generally with a 11t than you would with a 15t for example. The lighter your heli the better also, for increased flight times... There is a lot of variables that can make a difference including what your curves are set at, the battery your using, the temperature outside, the tightness of the belt, etc. etc.

If your running the stock Align 3550 kv motor you can start with trying out an 11t pinion for starters if you haven't already and see if that helps ya some on acquiring a couple more minutes of flight time.....

Hope this may help a bit, and hopefully you'll get some more tips from others in achieving your goal.

Cheers,

~ Jeff
    Mikado Logo 10 ~ Trex 500 ~ Trex 450 ~ E-Flite Mini Funtana X ~ Parkzone Typhoon 2 3-D
    Fly em like there not yours !

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

hey thanks i have this big heavy metal training gear i need to fix but i put an 11 tooth pinion on and i am getting longer flight time thanks again[sm=teeth_smile.gif]