Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Trex450SEv2 1st HOVER...THROTTLE TWITCHING!?!?!?!

So.....Problem solved! Thank you for all your help. Once I programed the ESC and charged the pack fully i took her out for a real flight today (out side of the garage this time ) abd set the timer on the DX7 for 6 Minutes and i hovered it for the full six minutes with no problems and even went an extra minute past to 7 minutes and I could tell the pack was getting a little weak so I set her down and it was good to go! The ESC's LVC never Kicked in this time.

Thanks again guys!

P.S. It was a sunny clear blue sky, temp around 43 Degrees and about 5 to 10 MPH winds.

Thank god for RealFlight G4.5 It did save my @$$ once today
    TREX450SEv2, DX 7, AR7000, (3)HS-5065MG, GY401 W/ S9257; BLADE CX2 W/ALUM HEADS; TRAXXAS SLASH W/ VXL BRUSHLESS; AXIAL AX-10

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Something must be wrong if you've been through 3 Align ESCs already! I have my original one going on two years now....I love them so much I bought another one for my plank.

Skarn

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: 500 lb. koolaid man

I've got a similar problem. My throttle will randomly cut out for about one second, then comes back on. It does this fairly frequently, falls straight to the ground. And I know it's not the low voltage cutoff because I have experienced that and it works well. I also don't believe it's my battery since it does this at random times during flight, including the beginning of 15 minute flights with a balanced lipo.

I'm going to try and disable the esc's governor mode this weekend following the finless align esc setup video, and I'm also going to change to his recommended throttle curve. Any other suggestions about my throttle problem are welcome. Thanks.
    Hi,
    I had this exact problem. I thought was the ESC also. I tried several ESCs. Ranging from cheapo to CC Phx45. It all did the same thing. I finally swapped the cheapo receiver for the JR PCM receiver. All problems went away. (oh, I still fly on 72 Mhz)... It kept me mystified...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: ThAt GuY120

So.....Problem solved! Thank you for all your help. Once I programed the ESC and charged the pack fully i took her out for a real flight today (out side of the garage this time ) abd set the timer on the DX7 for 6 Minutes and i hovered it for the full six minutes with no problems and even went an extra minute past to 7 minutes and I could tell the pack was getting a little weak so I set her down and it was good to go! The ESC's LVC never Kicked in this time.

Thanks again guys!

P.S. It was a sunny clear blue sky, temp around 43 Degrees and about 5 to 10 MPH winds.

Thank god for RealFlight G4.5 It did save my @$$ once today

So did you end up using the high cut-off voltage then ? Glad everything is working for ya now... [8D]

~ Jeff
    Mikado Logo 10 ~ Trex 500 ~ Trex 450 ~ E-Flite Mini Funtana X ~ Parkzone Typhoon 2 3-D
    Fly em like there not yours !

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

No I ended up going with the mid voltage cutoff setting. It was on high and I could only get about 2 minutes of hovering. With it set at mid I got 7 minutes easily and it never kicked in. Last time with it set @ mid when I did kick in,all three cells were @ 3.67v not under load. But I forgot to time that flight.
    TREX450SEv2, DX 7, AR7000, (3)HS-5065MG, GY401 W/ S9257; BLADE CX2 W/ALUM HEADS; TRAXXAS SLASH W/ VXL BRUSHLESS; AXIAL AX-10

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

No I ended up going with the mid voltage cutoff setting. It was on high and I could only get about 2 minutes of hovering. With it set at mid I got 7 minutes easily and it never kicked in. Last time with it set @ mid when I did kick in,all three cells were @ 3.67v not under load. But I forgot to time that flight.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

3.67 resting sounds about right....

when I put a 3s pack on the charger... if it is below 11v at the very beginning of the charge.... I feel I pushed that run a bit too hard...
    Extreme Flight RC tech support
    IMAC Vice President|IMAC Sequence Committee|IMAC National Judging Instructor|Team Futaba|Extreme Flight R/C|2014 IMAC World Championships Contest Director

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Should be vice-versa. High will give you MORE flying time, Low gives the least......on HIGH, my LVC kicks in at 3.2 per cell.....

Skarn

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Skarn

Should be vice-versa. High will give you MORE flying time, Low gives the least......on HIGH, my LVC kicks in at 3.2 per cell.....

Skarn

Thanks Skarn... That was the reason I had to ask him, as I was getting confused on which setting gives you more flying time in relation to when it cuts out in LVC mode. I have the Trex 500 set to mid voltage cutoff since Finless went that route also. I think I may try high VC just to test it out this way also...

Thanks...

~ Jeff
    Mikado Logo 10 ~ Trex 500 ~ Trex 450 ~ E-Flite Mini Funtana X ~ Parkzone Typhoon 2 3-D

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hmm I don't know, you would think that with the LVC set to high it would kick in when the voltage is higher and mid when the voltage is obviously medium and low when the voltage gets to the lowest point. Makes more sense to me that way?? Because out of the box it was set to high (3 beeps)and like I said I could only get about 2 minutes of hovering.

So high = high battery voltage left in pack

Medium = medium battery voltage left in pack

Low = low battery voltage left in pack

That's the way I understood it but I'm probably wrong.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hmm I don't know, you would think that with the LVC set to high it would kick in when the voltage is higher and mid when the voltage is obviously medium and low when the voltage gets to the lowest point. Makes more sense to me that way?? Because out of the box it was set to high (3 beeps)and like I said I could only get about 2 minutes of hovering.

So high = high battery voltage left in pack

Medium = medium battery voltage left in pack

Low = low battery voltage left in pack

That's the way I understood it but I'm probably wrong.

Yeah bro, you are backwards....it's definitely confusing as I thought the same as you. But look at the ESC manual and you'll see what the actual voltage cutoffs are set to for the various settings....

Skarn

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi
    According to the manual I have here for the RCE-BL35G
    High setting ..when 1 cell drops to 3.2V 1st step of battery protection will kick in
    mid setting ..when 1 cell drops to 2.9V 1st step of battery protection will kick in
    low setting ..when 1 cell drops to 2.6V 1st step of battery protection will kick in

Cheers
    Wozza

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: au_wozza

Hi
    High setting ..when 1 cell drops to 3.2V 1st step of battery protection will kick in
    mid setting ..when 1 cell drops to 2.9V 1st step of battery protection will kick in
    low setting ..when 1 cell drops to 2.6V 1st step of battery protection will kick in

Cheers
    Wozza

That makes sense then... I remember a few guys having a tired old lipo and the LVC would kick in if the esc was set to high VC, but when they tried the low VC it would give them a few more minutes before the esc kicked in the LVC... Finally understand now ! LMAO....

Thanks,

~ Jeff

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi

Cheers
    Wozza

So I was right then... The higher the setting the LESS flight time u will get. Higher setting doesn't equal higher flight time it equals higher cutoff voltage. Mid is mid voltage and low means it will cut off at lower voltage.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi

Cheers
    Wozza

So I was right then... The higher the setting the LESS flight time u will get. Higher setting doesn't equal higher flight time it equals higher cutoff voltage. Mid is mid voltage and low means it will cut off at lower voltage.

Holy crap, I humbly apologize! I must have had a dyslexic moment when I read the manual!!!

I stand corrected

Skarn

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: eaticus

I've got a similar problem. My throttle will randomly cut out for about one second, then comes back on. It does this fairly frequently, falls straight to the ground. And I know it's not the low voltage cutoff because I have experienced that and it works well. I also don't believe it's my battery since it does this at random times during flight, including the beginning of 15 minute flights with a balanced lipo.

I'm going to try and disable the esc's governor mode this weekend following the finless align esc setup video, and I'm also going to change to his recommended throttle curve. Any other suggestions about my throttle problem are welcome. Thanks.
    Hi,
    I had this exact problem. I thought was the ESC also. I tried several ESCs. Ranging from cheapo to CC Phx45. It all did the same thing. I finally swapped the cheapo receiver for the JR PCM receiver. All problems went away. (oh, I still fly on 72 Mhz)... It kept me mystified...
    You know, after thinking about it for a while, I only have this problem when I fly outdoors. Somehow, it makes a little sense that it's receiver related. Thanks anyways for the reply, it's likely the receiver even though I don't know for sure what's causing it.
    \"A penny saved is a penny earned\" -Benjamin Franklin

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: eaticus

Hi,
    You know, after thinking about it for a while, I only have this problem when I fly outdoors. Somehow, it makes a little sense that it's receiver related. Thanks anyways for the reply, it's likely the receiver even though I don't know for sure what's causing it.
    Hi
    Do you still have elevator aileron and rudder control when this happens?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I can not tell because it drops straight to the ground, and since I don't drop the throttle (try to auto rotation down), my guess is that nothing works for the short amount of time. Thanks.
    \"A penny saved is a penny earned\" -Benjamin Franklin

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi
    If it is all controls and motor then it could be the esc is getting hot and going into thermal shut down.or if your running 2.4 ghz you might be suffering brown out
    What happens is the esc also has a BEC circuit in it to power servos,gyro and RX at 4.8 or 6v. Its not rated very high and can generate a lot of heat if a servo is stalling,on the way out,or the sum total is just pulling to much current.You can do a basic check by powering up the heli with the motor disconnected(for safty reasons) then move the sticks around to the limits pretty quickly for a min or 2,then check the temp of the esc heat sink.If its pretty hot then you have a servo or gyro thats playing up or they are just all drawing to much current for the BEC rating.I always run a separate 3 to 5amp bec so if the esc ever fails I still have controls to auto or at least point the heli to the crash area
    Cheers
    Wozza

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12